Game has no Economy, Trading Post fix needed

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Everettham
Alpha Tester

Game has no Economy, Trading Post fix needed

Post by Everettham » 06 Dec 2017, 01:38

When are you going to fix the game so people can sell to each other through the trading posts. Games really boring with no economy.

We can put items on are trading post for sale. But we can't see other peoples items for sale. We even selected product type using the filter nothing.

Arrakis

Re: Game has no Economy, Trading Post fix needed

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 12:24

EU or NA? Also, how many people have encountered this issue?

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 12:36

I get errors when I try to buy something from any of the markets on EU servers. I can sell to the crown no problem, but buying anything just does not work for me.

See the item listed, try to buy it and I get something like "an unexpected error has occurred" or something along those lines.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 14:39

GeordieMarv wrote:I get errors when I try to buy something from any of the markets on EU servers. I can sell to the crown no problem, but buying anything just does not work for me.

See the item listed, try to buy it and I get something like "an unexpected error has occurred" or something along those lines.

Can you provide a screenshot? Also, does that occur every time you try to buy something?

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 14:42

Arrakis wrote:
GeordieMarv wrote:I get errors when I try to buy something from any of the markets on EU servers. I can sell to the crown no problem, but buying anything just does not work for me.

Can you provide a screenshot? Also, does that occur every time you try to buy something?

Yes it happens whenever I try to buy something. Even when the item (say a fur hat) is listed, has almost full durability. At first I thought it may be because i was trying to buy from a market i wasn't at (even though I changed market in the list) Tried running to the place where it said the item was for sale...still got same error. Then I though it may not be able to take money from my bank account...so I took money out and had it in my inventory...still error.

I would take screenshots, but I cant even get into the game!

post119001/#p119001
Last edited by GeordieMarv on 06 Dec 2017, 14:44, edited 2 times in total.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 06 Dec 2017, 14:43

This might help you. Scroll down to instructions (page 1):

please-turn-on-the-damn-market-place-sell-items-t26905/

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 14:47

Kapustin_Yar wrote:This might help you. Scroll down to instructions (page 1):

please-turn-on-the-damn-market-place-sell-items-t26905/

I've already posted in that thread, saying i will try it. Unfortunately for me i can't get into game cos of server problems or population cap!?

Risky

Post by Risky » 06 Dec 2017, 14:58

How do you use player traded posts? All I can do is inspect.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 15:00

Risky wrote:How do you use player traded posts? All I can do is inspect.

I think the owner of the tradepost has to give you rights/permission to access/use it. Not sure though, i'm just assuming so.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 15:36

GeordieMarv wrote:
Risky wrote:How do you use player traded posts? All I can do is inspect.

I think the owner of the tradepost has to give you rights/permission to access/use it. Not sure though, i'm just assuming so.

Yup, if interacting with Trading Posts on the territory of another guild, you'll need to negotiate with the guild leader/s

Jkoscik2015

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 15:47

Arrakis..... The Capital cities markets have major issues. I cannot see any items listed, nor can my friends.... I don't know if this effects everyone or just a few, but it is a very real issue. If you would like to fully understand the extend of this I encourage you to contact me privately. Even better I suggest having your lead programmer contact me as this is either a small UI error where text boxes are not showing up for people because of a layer (sorting) issue, or even a bigger problem. Either way this needs to be handled.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 16:01

Jkoscik2015 wrote:Arrakis..... The Capital cities markets have major issues. I cannot see any items listed, nor can my friends.... I don't know if this effects everyone or just a few, but it is a very real issue. If you would like to fully understand the extend of this I encourage you to contact me privately. Even better I suggest having your lead programmer contact me as this is either a small UI error where text boxes are not showing up for people because of a layer (sorting) issue, or even a bigger problem. Either way this needs to be handled.

Did you check all of the items that can be selected on the list?

SoilWorm

Post by SoilWorm » 06 Dec 2017, 16:18

I think players need a possibility to place an order for desired items on trade post in some form. There is a lot of small features that can be implemented around this general idea.
It is interesting to know is there any plans/discussions regarding such features?

Ronny.little82

Post by Ronny.little82 » 06 Dec 2017, 16:30

+1 Not working. Cant sell anything there. Epleland.

Elder

Post by Elder » 06 Dec 2017, 16:50

SoilWorm wrote:I think players need a possibility to place an order for desired items on trade post in some form. There is a lot of small features that can be implemented around this general idea.
It is interesting to know is there any plans/discussions regarding such features?

Yeah I thought exactly the same. Order for desired Items/assignments ( something like *I need a Kiln and pay 10 silver for someone building it for me*) or if you could order Items from other Trading posts. The desired goods would be imported from a tradingpost with the items in stock maybe for a higher taxrate or extra payment and you have to wait 5-7 ingame days till your delivery arrives at the tradingpost where you need it.

Everettham
Alpha Tester

Post by Everettham » 06 Dec 2017, 20:54

Arrakis wrote:EU or NA? Also, how many people have encountered this issue?

We are all on NA. My entire guild can't see items that we post on our trading post. We can also look at every other trading post and their is nothing their that anyone is selling. We have no problem posting but anyone seeing what we post is another story.

Jkoscik2015

Post by Jkoscik2015 » 06 Dec 2017, 21:11

It appears the trading post has been fixed as of my login about 10 minutes ago, I also took a post. Gratz programmers and keep up the good work!

Everettham
Alpha Tester

Post by Everettham » 06 Dec 2017, 21:22

Arrakis wrote:EU or NA? Also, how many people have encountered this issue?

Trading post works if you search for the item now. It didn't work before. I really hope you developers consider making it so you don't have to search for specific items in the future. The way the trading post works now makes the trading post almost worthless. Well it makes it worthless if the one selling is offline and can't tell you what their selling.
Last edited by Everettham on 06 Dec 2017, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 21:49

Jkoscik2015 wrote:It appears the trading post has been fixed as of my login about 10 minutes ago, I also took a post. Gratz programmers and keep up the good work!

Great news, i will try to buy something next time i goto the main city.

Velius

Post by Velius » 06 Dec 2017, 23:08

SoilWorm wrote:I think players need a possibility to place an order for desired items on trade post in some form. There is a lot of small features that can be implemented around this general idea.

That already exists. Place a work order on the trade forum with what you are looking for and what you are offering in exchange and see if a guild is willing to do business with you. The trading post itself is a nice feature, but direct commerce will always be the best way to move large quantities of materials.

SoilWorm

Post by SoilWorm » 07 Dec 2017, 14:13

Velius wrote:

That already exists. Place a work order on the trade forum with what you are looking for and what you are offering in exchange and see if a guild is willing to do business with you. The trading post itself is a nice feature, but direct commerce will always be the best way to move large quantities of materials.

Yes, but that is not the same at all. And I am talking more about small but numerous orders from/for small groups.

The problem with placing/searching possible trade contracts on forum is that there contracts are represented in free (not standartized) form (often can miss information about quantity, quality, location, time etc.) and in many many topics. So it would take a lot of time to browse all these topics.

Then, if you found suitable contract you have to contact another part and organize an appointment/delivery. Again, on forum what means more time spent. That all makes this approach really slow and ineffective.

What I want as a manufacturer/seller is to see a united list of demand: what, how many, where, for what price I can sell. Preferably in-game. This is a main idea.

As additional feature, I could be able to 'accept' an order that would (another feature:) give me a certain time to fulfill a contract. And if I don't (another feature) I lose some money or aligment. And so on...

I think that absence of picture of demand on the market makes the whole trade posts functionality work not on its full potential. And implementation of such features could bring it on a new level.

Velius

Post by Velius » 07 Dec 2017, 20:36

SoilWorm wrote:Yes, but that is not the same at all. And I am talking more about small but numerous orders from/for small groups.

The problem with placing/searching possible trade contracts on forum is that there contracts are represented in free (not standartized) form (often can miss information about quantity, quality, location, time etc.) and in many many topics. So it would take a lot of time to browse all these topics.

Then, if you found suitable contract you have to contact another part and organize an appointment/delivery. Again, on forum what means more time spent. That all makes this approach really slow and ineffective.

What I want as a manufacturer/seller is to see a united list of demand: what, how many, where, for what price I can sell. Preferably in-game. This is a main idea.

As additional feature, I could be able to 'accept' an order that would (another feature:) give me a certain time to fulfill a contract. And if I don't (another feature) I lose some money or aligment. And so on...

I think that absence of picture of demand on the market makes the whole trade posts functionality work not on its full potential. And implementation of such features could bring it on a new level.

Personally I feel that it is far better than an automated system as it gives the opportunity to haggle and bargain, sweeten the pot or expand on the order, and also usually leads to more permanent trade agreements and full-on alliances. Plus the advantage of being able to accept a portion of the contract as opposed to the whole. If a group needs, say, 25,000 shaped granite and you can only produce 1-2,000 you make an offer for that much and they will compensate and adjust the remaining contract accordingly.

Good interpersonal relations on this game are far more valuable than any resource and any group who is serious about dealing in trade will send a discord link to you via PM so you can speak and arrange the details. From there you can earn as much wealth as you like.

Return to General Discussion