Getting well and better

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Getting well and better

Post by Arrakis » 19 Dec 2016, 19:44

Life is Feudal: MMO


Hey everyone,

This weekend was one of the hottest weekends in the history of our team. Servers were going up and down with a steady pace; this current patch is designed to slow that steady pace down, along with some other issues that you guys have unfortunately suffered! We must warn you that some of the issues are still in place, because they have proven to be not exactly easy and fast to fix - but we’re hoping to defeat most of them within the next few days!

Patch notes (ver. 0.6.20.0 (MMO)):

New features and tweaks:
  • Provided some Judgment Hour related fixes. (JH will not be active for now, until we completely fix it. Expect JH to start working closer to this Friday.)
  • Tweaked some combat skill multipliers to slow their progression a bit
  • Soft stamina (that represents your oxygen level while underwater) drains significantly slower now, while you’re underwater
  • Vassal States can not change their political states and can only remove ally to break away from their suzerain
  • Buildings outside of claimed areas can now be damaged with siege weaponry
  • ‘Trespassers’ no longer works on your enemies (members of the guild you’re officially at war with)
  • Added proper mass players messaging to avoid the whole, ‘Now you are the leader of Beta Testers’ prefix :)
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed the 2nd main reason for server crashes. The main reason is still being worked on :(
  • Owner timer on movable objects (horses, furniture etc.) is fixed and has priority over the claim. While dismounting your horse on an enemy claim you will have a certain amount of time to remount your horse, while the timer ticks
  • Guilds in official ally and war standings will not suffer from alignment penalties while ‘interacting’ with each other
  • Implemented some server log-related optimization to improve server performance
  • Fixed the monument upgrade progress bar not being rendered in some situations

- The team


User avatar
Saar
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 05 Jul 2016, 14:26
Location: Toulouse - France

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Saar » 19 Dec 2016, 19:55

Traduction française disponible sur von Culm
Last edited by Saar on 19 Dec 2016, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.


Linbaba
True Believer
 
Posts: 222
Joined: 15 Dec 2016, 14:38

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Linbaba » 19 Dec 2016, 20:09

I've crashed 6 times since you wrote this 20 minutes ago.

It's not getting any better, or well for that matter ... that's even more than before.

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Arrakis » 19 Dec 2016, 20:36

If you are suffering from crashes, opening the console after clicking 'play' once again may or may not help as well as typing ConnectToGameServer in the console.



Linbaba
True Believer
 
Posts: 222
Joined: 15 Dec 2016, 14:38

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Linbaba » 19 Dec 2016, 20:41

Arrakis wrote:If you are suffering from crashes, opening the console after clicking 'play' once again may or may not help as well as typing ConnectToGameServer in the console.



thanks, but I don't know how to open console, I am using French AZERTY keyboard and the ~ is not on same key and don't work.

User avatar
Wortnes
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 101
Joined: 26 Sep 2014, 02:58

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Wortnes » 19 Dec 2016, 20:45

Markrondot wrote:
Arrakis wrote:If you are suffering from crashes, opening the console after clicking 'play' once again may or may not help as well as typing ConnectToGameServer in the console.



thanks, but I don't know how to open console, I am using French AZERTY keyboard and the ~ is not on same key and don't work.



Try ctrl+ whatever buttom comes right before the 1 key.
Image
Image
Heavy RP Crafting | Logistics Guild


Linbaba
True Believer
 
Posts: 222
Joined: 15 Dec 2016, 14:38

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Linbaba » 19 Dec 2016, 20:53

Wortnes wrote:
Markrondot wrote:
Arrakis wrote:If you are suffering from crashes, opening the console after clicking 'play' once again may or may not help as well as typing ConnectToGameServer in the console.



thanks, but I don't know how to open console, I am using French AZERTY keyboard and the ~ is not on same key and don't work.



Try ctrl+ whatever buttom comes right before the 1 key.


ok, tried that during loading screen and as soon as I pressed the key, it crashed the game lol

2nd time I tried as instructed, just before clicking "play" but nothing happened ..

ingame nothing happened either

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Arrakis » 19 Dec 2016, 20:56

Please try using repair option too.



I_Spartacus_I
True Believer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 May 2016, 17:55

Re: Getting well and better

Post by I_Spartacus_I » 19 Dec 2016, 21:02

Great update, any estimate on when we can expect new armor models though?
:D :D :D :D


Linbaba
True Believer
 
Posts: 222
Joined: 15 Dec 2016, 14:38

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Linbaba » 19 Dec 2016, 21:37

"getting well and better".

You know what is going now?

I'm not crashing after a few minutes in game.

I can't get into the game .....

And it's not a connection problem either :

The GAME CRASHES BEFORE IT HAS EVEN FINISHED LOADING !!!


thanks for patch, much better and so so so so well.


Zennoya
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 08:38
Location: Cracow, Poland

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Zennoya » 19 Dec 2016, 21:49

Markrondot wrote:"getting well and better".

You know what is going now?

I'm not crashing after a few minutes in game.

I can't get into the game .....

And it's not a connection problem either :

The GAME CRASHES BEFORE IT HAS EVEN FINISHED LOADING !!!

are you for fucking real?

thanks for patch, much better and so so so so well.


Markrondot -> remember this is beta. Closed beta. You are here to find such bugs that wont let us into game, so after release they wont appear. If youre here to swear and cry, maybe you should give it up, and come back after release?


And about problem:
Same problem here. I was able to get into game twice by creating new chars. Already created characters cant log in. Constant crashes after choosing character, and when loading screen comes to "Waiting for server" it crashes. All the times. Tried already about 40 times.

Ive tried console command connectToGameServer, and after couple of connect command calls i got "GameConnection::onConnectRequestTimedOut", and ingame i received message window with "Your connection to the server timed out".
I also used Repair options. Problem still occurs.
Tried to VPN and connect from different location. Also didnt worked.
Image


Dalix
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 02:08
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Dalix » 20 Dec 2016, 00:43

Patch Note? Me happy :Yahoo!:


Thal
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 Oct 2014, 08:59

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Thal » 20 Dec 2016, 08:59

Got the same problem with login, after the "waiting for server..." message the client crashed. tried it several times, repaired and reinstalled the client. nothing helps -.-

the console shows many errors, something with "singleton instance" creation error... any suggestions for fixing this?


WorldEdit
True Believer
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:16

Re: Getting well and better

Post by WorldEdit » 20 Dec 2016, 14:15

Sorry for offtopic. I have bought access to LIF:MMO but still not authorised to read closed forums section. Plz help me :sorry:

It's OK now. I have access now :)

User avatar
Plaguedoctor1666
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 10:56

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Plaguedoctor1666 » 21 Dec 2016, 08:35

Markrondot wrote:"getting well and better".

You know what is going now?

I'm not crashing after a few minutes in game.

I can't get into the game .....

And it's not a connection problem either :

The GAME CRASHES BEFORE IT HAS EVEN FINISHED LOADING !!!


thanks for patch, much better and so so so so well.


Hello. Please contact our support team. Here's a contact form: https://lifeisfeudal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Provide as much information as you can give, as long as it is about the issue. Error messages, if any, what you already tried to do yourself, what computer you use, which operating system it has, etc.
Also, it would be really helpful, if you can attach the latest log file. You can find it here: \LiF MMO\logs
Thanks a lot in advance! ;)

User avatar
Plaguedoctor1666
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 10:56

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Plaguedoctor1666 » 21 Dec 2016, 08:42

Zennoya wrote:Markrondot -> remember this is beta. Closed beta. You are here to find such bugs that wont let us into game, so after release they wont appear. If youre here to swear and cry, maybe you should give it up, and come back after release?


And about problem:
Same problem here. I was able to get into game twice by creating new chars. Already created characters cant log in. Constant crashes after choosing character, and when loading screen comes to "Waiting for server" it crashes. All the times. Tried already about 40 times.

Ive tried console command connectToGameServer, and after couple of connect command calls i got "GameConnection::onConnectRequestTimedOut", and ingame i received message window with "Your connection to the server timed out".
I also used Repair options. Problem still occurs.
Tried to VPN and connect from different location. Also didnt worked.


Thank you so much for all these details! The team is working on this issue right now, and all information will be really helpful - especially the log files, if you can send them to our support team, of course :)


DeLuX
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Aug 2016, 03:12

Re: Getting well and better

Post by DeLuX » 24 Dec 2016, 19:59

It does say Seemless world but i cannot see that ever happening unless some stuff is saved client side, i cannot even go into another server without going afk for 10 mins waiting for everything to load in. Ideas?


Dabbymeforever
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Dec 2016, 14:12

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Dabbymeforever » 11 Jan 2017, 14:55

I also tried console command connection ToGameServer, and after a few attempt calls I got the message "Your connection to the server timed out". I tried vpn and it didn't work either. Then I tried anonymous proxy server and I am in game.


Blackberrygoo
 
Posts: 336
Joined: 17 Nov 2015, 15:58

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Blackberrygoo » 13 Jan 2017, 13:41

The devs shouldn't be calling this a "beta". Just like when they "fully released" LIF YO they have jumped the gun and don't know when to recognize an alpha in progress . This MMO beta is one of the worst betas I have ever seen , hardly even half a dozen testers at one time , the server crashes and doesn't let people in for days on end , there's really NO progress being made becuase this game isn't in beta it's in PRE ALPHA , why do the devs seem to think that this MMO is ready to be called beta when the architectures all wrong , the server doesn't work and the people can't play ? This is An alpha , a closed one at that , and don't try and argue that it's not becuase the rough state of the game would say otherwise .

Get your shit fixed , and for that matter work harder on the damn game and if you're going to make everyone wait for another lackluster beta wave please call this one an alpha wave cuz no one believes the quality is up to par in this mmo to call it "beta wave testing".


Gruber
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 28 Oct 2016, 23:12

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Gruber » 13 Jan 2017, 16:03

Blackberrygoo wrote:The devs shouldn't be calling this a "beta". Just like when they "fully released" LIF YO they have jumped the gun and don't know when to recognize an alpha in progress . This MMO beta is one of the worst betas I have ever seen , hardly even half a dozen testers at one time , the server crashes and doesn't let people in for days on end , there's really NO progress being made becuase this game isn't in beta it's in PRE ALPHA , why do the devs seem to think that this MMO is ready to be called beta when the architectures all wrong , the server doesn't work and the people can't play ? This is An alpha , a closed one at that , and don't try and argue that it's not becuase the rough state of the game would say otherwise .

Get your shit fixed , and for that matter work harder on the damn game and if you're going to make everyone wait for another lackluster beta wave please call this one an alpha wave cuz no one believes the quality is up to par in this mmo to call it "beta wave testing".


High-pressure test is usually done in beta phase and not in alpha. But i agree, not even 1k player online is not realy a High-pressure test. But this performance testing is no early development stage and to fix performance problems a little develompent effort compert to whole game development. fixing performance problems in beta stages is doable. Dont forget, there was not a single popular mmo beta/release without performance problems.

As i already stated out, a physic combat, full terraform game like LiF is not going to hold a few k players on one server.


Wookiee420
True Believer
 
Posts: 307
Joined: 06 Oct 2016, 18:52
Location: Colorado

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Wookiee420 » 13 Jan 2017, 16:04

Blackberrygoo wrote:The devs shouldn't be calling this a "beta". Just like when they "fully released" LIF YO they have jumped the gun and don't know when to recognize an alpha in progress . This MMO beta is one of the worst betas I have ever seen , hardly even half a dozen testers at one time , the server crashes and doesn't let people in for days on end , there's really NO progress being made becuase this game isn't in beta it's in PRE ALPHA , why do the devs seem to think that this MMO is ready to be called beta when the architectures all wrong , the server doesn't work and the people can't play ? This is An alpha , a closed one at that , and don't try and argue that it's not becuase the rough state of the game would say otherwise .

Get your shit fixed , and for that matter work harder on the damn game and if you're going to make everyone wait for another lackluster beta wave please call this one an alpha wave cuz no one believes the quality is up to par in this mmo to call it "beta wave testing".

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Game works flawlessly as it is for me, the only issue i have is sunrise while its raining causes lag, and once froze me. Not log in issues, no other crashes, nothing. Maybe you just have a shit computer? Or a shit attitude? Or its just you? You dont need to be a dick because things dont work for you. You clearly don't understand making games and what beta is.

User avatar
Olivemanchester
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Nov 2016, 12:49

Re: Getting well and better

Post by Olivemanchester » 16 Jan 2017, 10:29

Blackberrygoo wrote:The devs shouldn't be calling this a "beta". Just like when they "fully released" LIF YO they have jumped the gun and don't know when to recognize an alpha in progress . This MMO beta is one of the worst betas I have ever seen , hardly even half a dozen testers at one time , the server crashes and doesn't let people in for days on end , there's really NO progress being made becuase this game isn't in beta it's in PRE ALPHA , why do the devs seem to think that this MMO is ready to be called beta when the architectures all wrong , the server doesn't work and the people can't play ? This is An alpha , a closed one at that , and don't try and argue that it's not becuase the rough state of the game would say otherwise .

Get your shit fixed , and for that matter work harder on the damn game and if you're going to make everyone wait for another lackluster beta wave please call this one an alpha wave cuz no one believes the quality is up to par in this mmo to call it "beta wave testing".


The game is obviously not ready for release but devs made a great job. Update your computer and be patient! You whining but it doesn't speed up the process

Return to News and Information