Gloria Victis (GV) Black Eye Games (BEG)

Why this game is better than any other.

TimeToTheGames

Gloria Victis (GV) Black Eye Games (BEG)

Post by TimeToTheGames » 03 Nov 2013, 11:30

Gloria Victis is a free-to-play MMORPG from Black Eye Games with fantasy elements from medieval Europe and Near East mythologies. The game features an action-based, non-target combat system, class-less progression, quests, PvP, crafting, and much more.

FEATURES
Four Nations | Choose between the four nations of Etherians, Asken, Northern and Nuntians.
Progression System | Build your own unique character by earning stats and skills, or choose from premade builds.
Action Combat | Engage in action-based, non-target combat where your skills and tactics matter.
Crafting System | Create your own items with Gloria Victis' ten different crafts.
PvP | Participate in knight tournaments, epic castle sieges, and more with Gloria Victis' player vs. player combat.

What do you think about the game?

Link:
http://gloriavictisgame.com/index.php -website game

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Gloria Victis (GV) Black Eye Games (BEG)

Post by Siegbert » 03 Nov 2013, 12:15

Yeah, I'm watching it for quite some time now.

As of now it seems to be quite alright. Overall setting and immersion is nice. I like the environment and day/night cycles.

But I'm not fully convinced be either Gloria Victis or Life is Feudal unless I see the combat functioning well. If the combat is flawed I'm not going to play it very long.

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 03 Nov 2013, 21:25

Wow I wonder I never heard about them before - looks pretty good.

I won't loose a bad word here even tho I don't like everything in their concept, because of sportsmenship :beer:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Nov 2013, 02:08

Strange, seems like I know this title, yet I don't remember playing it. Or maybe I did and didn't liked it and the nforgot... Still it seems like something worth checking, even once more.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 09 Nov 2013, 11:14

Arrakis09 wrote:Strange, seems like I know this title, yet I don't remember playing it. Or maybe I did and didn't liked it and the nforgot... Still it seems like something worth checking, even once more.

Unlikely... it's in pre-alpha.
If you're in you'd know.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Nov 2013, 11:35

Ohh, then perhaps I confused it with another title. Oh well, if it's in alpha I guess I have to wait a bit.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 09 Nov 2013, 12:19

Arrakis09 wrote:Ohh, then perhaps I confused it with another title. Oh well, if it's in alpha I guess I have to wait a bit.

They're letting you in for a donation of $10. Do it! :P

They're your fellow countrymen afterall ^^

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Nov 2013, 12:57

Siegbert wrote:
Arrakis09 wrote:Ohh, then perhaps I confused it with another title. Oh well, if it's in alpha I guess I have to wait a bit.

They're letting you in for a donation of $10. Do it! :P

They're your fellow countrymen afterall ^^

Wait, I think I remember what that game is... Yeah, I remember for 100%, I've seen it and It looked promising, but far from being finished. Unfortunatly I can't spend my money on games now since I'm in the middle of changing job, every penny counts at the moment. But once I establish my financial situation the first thing would be to back up LiF, and then I'll think about GV.

TimeToTheGames

Post by TimeToTheGames » 26 Feb 2014, 17:11

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225671457

A lot of recent changes in the GV. Welcome to the website and forum games.

Nalle
Alpha Tester

Post by Nalle » 27 Feb 2014, 04:02

Yea definitely something to look out for, even though i wish it where full loot.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 28 Feb 2014, 10:18

It's nowhere near meeting any of it's development goals. It's got years of development left if they keep at this pace.

EiresJason
Alpha Tester

Post by EiresJason » 02 Mar 2014, 18:06

I was interested at first but the more I see of it, the less interested I am xD

I will still follow it though to see what happens with it.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 02 Mar 2014, 21:05

I was kinda interested at first as they too wanted to include a Mount&Blade-esque fighting system (which they kinda have but it's not working at all).
Maybe when they get it right I'll be more interested.

But apart from that it seems to be a kinda standard MMORPG with monsters standing around at every corner.

LiF does look much more appealing to me to this date with its heavy focus on grand scale PvP warfare and the whole building part.

I think between the two, the game which gets the better working combat system will win my heart :P

CrypticKiller

Post by CrypticKiller » 03 Mar 2014, 09:27

Proximo wrote:It's nowhere near meeting any of it's development goals. It's got years of development left if they keep at this pace.

I donated to GV, and true - it may be years away from a polished product. Though any MMO that has been developed is constantly a WIP (work in progress).

I think this outlook is just putting more pressure on the LiF developers... Which under ideal conditions they shouldn't be pushed or pressured, expected or ridiculed. The elaboration and emphasis put on a game of this magnitude is incomprehensible.

Let these innovators do their work.

It'll take time and patience, deadlines will come and go. Anyone willing to attempt something as intricate as a sandbox MMO certainly deserves leniency and appreciation as they diligently move forward.

It's easy to sit at home expecting results when you yourself are not entangled with the complexity that a full-circle online game requires.

GV is good for LiF, and vise-verse. They not only share the same community; they also compete with one another which drives both companies to excel and maximize their potential.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 03 Mar 2014, 09:50

CrypticKiller wrote:GV is good for LiF, and vise-verse. They not only share the same community; they also compete with one another which drives both companies to excel and maximize their potential.

Good way to look at it. I would concur.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 11 Jun 2014, 07:08

I bought this game a about a month ago, Horrible, I hate pre-alpha testing, Not what I was expecting by the trailer or youtube videos, would never of bought it if I knew what I was getting(current implemented features). I was using it as a place holder to mess around in while I waited for this game.

HOWEVER, they just put out a patch that I am downloading. From what I have seen so far, games not worth my time. I'd rather go back and play Darkfall:UW or Mortal online before wasting my time with this one. Still gotta see what they added with the patch though.

*******************UPDATE***********************
game still worthless, npc bandits bug out, your character sticks in animations, I love the shooting arrows out of my shield bug. By the time this games playable, LiF:YO will be out so not worth even look'n at this game. save yourself some money.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 13 Jun 2014, 12:56

Not picking on GV but when a company asks for money and the product has an NDA attached that should trigger a red flag.

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 05 Jul 2014, 05:05

Saxxon wrote:Not picking on GV but when a company asks for money and the product has an NDA attached that should trigger a red flag.

This is a curious opinion. It's an industry standard to enforce NDA's, even to reviewers a day before release of a triple A title. In fact, Life is Feudal breaks the mold with their open book approach. I quite like it, but sadly NDA's are typical among most games.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 05 Jul 2014, 22:14

The industry has become so NDA-heavy because of the trend in malformed opinions being spread to the four winds. If I show you a partially completed project and you run off to post a blog about how trashy the graphics are and how incomplete the game is then that's pretty detrimental to my marketing strategy.

Case in point is the new Assassin's Creed game Unity that had screenshots leaked showing missing textures and lacking real shadows. People were crying out how horrible it was that the graphics just looked like complete shit. Again, partially completed game, but people were so quick to jump on the fact that the textures were missing. Do you seriously expect AC to release a game like that, no, of course not. Most of us here know better than that, but sadly the internet is not so full of intelligent ppl.

The same has to do with features. GV as an indie studio is probably slightly in over their heads as most indie studios are at the start. Given enough time I'm sure they'll come out with a great game, but they may have overpromised on a timeline that they didn't seriously know how to account for given their limited experience from the start.

NDAs allow you to control the information spread to the public for better or worse. I would say LiF has done well with their open development strategy because it's honestly not getting a lot of press so we have an awesome relationship with the devs here. If someone started posting negative reviews about how they're accepting money for an incomplete game it might get rolled up in the "here we go again" category.

LiF is that diamond in the rough and the lack of press is actually a benefit for now. Once the game nears a more completed state then it's time to push out information and snag more attention while really pushing the fact that they had such an open development process.

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 05 Jul 2014, 23:14

Agreed, it does quite often allow "malformed opinions" to arise unnecessarily and often without merit.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 06 Jul 2014, 03:58

I just hate companies that show off fancy in game footage, making you think there is more features available to a game, tricking you in to buying that game that is broken and not even playable. Players/customers, shouldn't have to do a weeks worth of research into a game to find out that what they show in a game demo isn't actually implemented in to the game yet. That is false advertisement.

"Malformed" opinions might be the case most of the time, but not always. Sometimes opinions these opinions are justified and sometimes its due to, misleading information, brought on by the games company.

Incus
Alpha Tester

Post by Incus » 10 Apr 2015, 12:47

Arrakis09 wrote:Strange, seems like I know this title, yet I don't remember playing it. Or maybe I did and didn't liked it and the nforgot... Still it seems like something worth checking, even once more.

You may be thinking of there first game. Roma Victor

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 11 Apr 2015, 09:07

Those are not the same devs.

Return to Off Topic