Guide for the new armors and regional resources.

Want to learn or teach others some of the finer details of Life is Feudal? This section is for the game guides, tutorials and FAQ's.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Guide for the new armors and regional resources.

Post by Sharana » 02 Dec 2016, 00:03

Stormsblade wrote:Now you just need to balance it :D

1 guy is doing exactly that - rebalancing the protection levels based on the crafting effort, so that there isn't just 1-2 cost effective armors everyone will wear.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 02 Dec 2016, 00:57

Sharana wrote:
Stormsblade wrote:Now you just need to balance it :D

1 guy is doing exactly that - rebalancing the protection levels based on the crafting effort, so that there isn't just 1-2 cost effective armors everyone will wear.

My request to fix the regular scale armor slashing resists was added to the queue for work. :Yahoo!:

'Cause chain-mail is for peasant footman.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Xt_hydra

Post by Xt_hydra » 04 Dec 2016, 15:01

there's no checkbox on the workbench to enable or disable blueprint and also when u right click on a blueprint made by a GM, it give u an action named "learn", so what are you talking about seriously.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 04 Dec 2016, 16:05

GM lol xD

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 04 Dec 2016, 16:18

First of all the blueprint checkbox shows up when you learn at least 1 blueprint. Then you can't GM spawn blueprint - it's useless as a poison, because you have to craft them. GM spawned poison has 0 strenght, so it won't work. GM spawned blueprint is simply "empty" - there is no information in it about which recipe you should learn. So just get a blueprint the legitimate way by crafting tier 2 (regular) armors.

LiFKarl
Beta Tester

Post by LiFKarl » 05 Dec 2016, 20:29

Sharana wrote:There will be many questions about the new system, that's why I decided to write this short guide as I'm quite familiar with it after the MMO tests and conversations with devs. What's introduced now however is more polished version already with the fixes and changes applied based on the provided feedback.

The main things now are that armors are much harder to make and the good armors (veteran ones on 90 skill) will be very very very rare and valuable. Not to mention royal armors - you will have to be the king of pretty big alliance on the MMO to actually get such ones as it will be ridiculously hard and time consuming to make.
The other thing are the regional resources you have the chance to get. For now they are mainly used for armor creating, but other branches will be reworked to take advantage of it as well, weapons are planned to get the same rework already (with parts and harder crafting to make them more valuable).

When you unlock the Armorsmithing you will be able to craft wires only - 1 bar = 2 wires. You will have to craft very significant amount of them (MMO progression speed) to reach 30, but at least that's not a waste like now (leveling with helmets or gloves). On 30 skill the other armor parts will be unlocked and you can use those wires to make chainmail (parts).
At that point you will need Workbench to check the armor recipes and assemble the armor parts into armor piece there. You don't forge them anymore in the Blacksmith shop.
The recipes of tier 1 armors can be seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/Ak5kpbd.jpg

At skill 60 the tier 2 armors are unlocked and that's going to be the main armors - the tier 3 will be very rare and tier 4 (royal) ridiculously rare. The reason is that you need blueprint to "unlock them" (they won't just unlock when you reach 90 skill) and regional resources to craft them.

And here are the details that make them so rare - the chance to get a blueprint for tier 3 armor (veteran) by crafting tier 2 armor is about 1% (10x bigger then to get weapon/armor part with your name on it). It depends on good/bad luck of course, but you should craft about 100 tier 2 helmets in order to get a blueprint for tier 3 helmet. Then craft about 100 such tier 3 helmets in order to get blueprint for tier 4 (royal) helmet or 10 000 tier 2 helmets + 100 tier 3 on avarage for single royal blueprint. To make it even more fun it should be noted that the blueprints are NOT permanent - they are consumable. You just create the armor part with the selected blueprint and it's gone. So for a single set of tier 3 (veteran) armor you will need to craft about 100 tier 2 sets (individual parts have individual blueprints). To make it even better the regional resources are not easy to get as well - the chance is again 1%. For example you are getting 20 iron per digging action - that means you will mine about 2 000 iron on average in order to get a single dig of 20 regional iron ore which is 1 ingot.

Now about the regional resources in YO. There are 3 regions - north, middle and south. The border is not so easy to find, but from my exploration it looks something like this:

You have chance to get the regional resources in those parts of the map, the chance is 1% for all (iron/copper ore, boards, sand, soil etc).
If you stack them they will turn in normal unregional resources. You have to accumulate some and smelt from regional ore only to make the respective bars/ingots and forge the needed parts from them.

Those are only needed for tier 3 (90 skill) and tier 4 (royal on 100).
Clicking the "draw" button will consume 1 thick leather and make it blueprint again that can be learned (or traded). It will disappear from the crafting menu, so this is NOT a way to duplicate blueprints, only a way to get the blueprint back if you've already learned it, but want to trade it for another one from another blacksmith (like helmet for gloves).

Should also be noted that they've implemented quality caps on metals . Using iron to forge the needed parts will cap the quality of the piece at 60 even if you use 100q metal. To make between 0 and 80 quality steel will be needed and for 0-100 quality Vostaskus steel.

Excellent summary Sharana. Thanks for this.

ElHombre
True Believer

Post by ElHombre » 14 Dec 2016, 01:17

Sharana wrote:Clicking the "draw" button will consume 1 thick leather and make it blueprint again that can be learned (or traded). It will disappear from the crafting menu, so this is NOT a way to duplicate blueprints, only a way to get the blueprint back if you've already learned it, but want to trade it for another one from another blacksmith (like helmet for gloves).

Greetings Sharana.
Aweomse post. I think i don´t understand this phrase. You mean when you have already done a full plate breastplate you can trun it to bluerpint with one thick leather?

Leth_

Post by Leth_ » 08 Mar 2017, 20:52

ElHombre wrote:Greetings Sharana.
Aweomse post. I think i don´t understand this phrase. You mean when you have already done a full plate breastplate you can trun it to bluerpint with one thick leather?

It means once you've learned the recipie but not yet crafted, you may redraft the blueprint if, say, you wanted to trade the blueprint away rather than craft the item. It doesnt mean you can infinitely create blueprints though, just that you can get it back after learning it.

Rick_krause
True Believer

Post by Rick_krause » 10 Apr 2017, 23:47

I dont like the blueprint system either. It's a gamble to get one BP for one use only... IMO a legendary Armorsmith should be able to craft t3 armors at lvl90 and t4 at lvl100.

I agree t3 should be more expenisve since it requires 5 times more Metal. Leather ect.
But its a kind of waste of material to recraft a part like 400 times to get 10 next tier BP'S. on the one hand u wanna avoid massproduction the "good stuff" but massing the "low stuff" isnt the answer.

If u got a legendary smith u got one. And if u can afford him all the stuff to craft the heavy Parts. why not!? Let him craft it! If you want, you can carry the heavy armor and get a bit more protection, but on the other hand more weight. "There is still a crossbow to penetrate such armor"
And if u loose it, shit happens! If you can afford such equipment for an army, you go a real production in your town and u can afford the recraft.

If u dont have the production u should not craft the expensive heavy ones.

The twisting point are the royal t4 armors. My best Idea is to merge the different jobs more activly. iE: u need tailoring to craft noble gloves to craft a royal gauntlets. Maybe some rings, jewels or precious ores? to get some "Kings value"? Maybe u can handle it as a 5 ingredient craft. every techtree does produce a nessesary part and the lvl 100 Armorsmith does craft the royal parts.

Ilrak
True Believer

Post by Ilrak » 11 Apr 2017, 00:02

Rick_krause wrote:I dont like the blueprint system either.

I like the direction that you go with your ideas, and it shows that there are better solutions for raising the value of higher armor tiers, instead of the blueprintsystem which i personally don't like verry much.

I had a good discussion with my brother about better and moore role-play supporting armorcrafting systems.

We came to the point, that it would be of great RP and general ingame use, if you would just simply update the armor with every tier step.

As an example: You craft a tier1 plate armor (Iron plate armor), and when you want to get the next tier (Half plate armor), you do not craft a completely new armor. No, instead you just add some new armor parts Like; shoulder protection, a visor for the helmet, moore leg protection etc...

This same process counts from tier2 to tier3 armor (Full plate armor), that you really cover up moore and moore of your body with armor, probably add some more padding from the tailor.

And finnally from tier3 to tier4 (Royal fullplate armor). There you would not add much more protection, but decorate the armor (Which fits perfectly together with the new armor designs where the tier4 armors are just an optically decorated version of the tier3 armors). This would add the feature that you could't simply make the armor alone as a blacksmith. You would have to get decoration parts by other skill trees like; Decorative stiching from the tailor, golden decorations on the iron parts from the jeweller and so on...

It would make the armors just as expensive as they are with the blueprints and additionally bring up more teamwork and RP.

I hope you guys like this ideas as much as i do, so that the developers may hear of it and feature some of this stuff in the game :good: .
Last edited by Ilrak on 24 Apr 2017, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Leth_

Post by Leth_ » 13 Apr 2017, 19:49

Interesting idea Ilrak. I for one enjoy the new system, as it gives more content to the end game. Also, the new patch made Royal Armor more than just a fashion statement, which is much better imo.

Also, just to go off of Sharana's original post I have an updated version of the region map. (Not all that different, just a bit more accurate)

Spoiler

Ty Sharana for the amazing breakdown :Bravo:

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 18 Apr 2017, 12:53

Sharana wrote:You have chance to get the regional resources in those parts of the map, the chance is 1% for all (iron/copper ore, boards, sand, soil etc).

Great guide, Sharana, thank you !

I have a question about leather. How do you get regional leather ? By killing wild animals, or by killing animals in coops, barns and stables ? Or both ?

I have a lot of leather from my breeding animals, but I never saw a regional leather.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 Apr 2017, 13:01

Elgar wrote:I have a question about leather. How do you get regional leather ? By killing wild animals, or by killing animals in coops, barns and stables ? Or both ?

I have a lot of leather from my breeding animals, but I never saw a regional leather.

It's only from hunting and skinning animals in the specific region. Really rare stuff, you skin like 100 animals for a single regional leather on average :)

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 Apr 2017, 13:03

LetholdusCairnes wrote:Also, just to go off of Sharana's original post I have an updated version of the region map. (Not all that different, just a bit more accurate)

Thank you for the accurate map :)
Added it to the 1st post.

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 18 Apr 2017, 13:10

Sharana wrote:It's only from hunting and skinning animals in the specific region. Really rare stuff, you skin like 100 animals for a single regional leather on average :)

I was afraid of this answer... :cry: Anyway, thank you ! :)
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 Apr 2017, 14:21

Elgar wrote:
Sharana wrote:It's only from hunting and skinning animals in the specific region. Really rare stuff, you skin like 100 animals for a single regional leather on average :)

They are aware it's way too rare atm and will implement them not only in hunting a bit later.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 18 Apr 2017, 14:27

Sharana wrote:
Elgar wrote:

They are aware it's way too rare atm and will implement them not only in hunting a bit later.

Would be nice if there was a higher chanse while hunting though, so that hunting does not become obsolete as soon as you have coops/barns/stables running.

Return to Guides and Tutorials