Help! Connection Refused?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Bddy420
True Believer

Help! Connection Refused?

Post by Bddy420 » 18 Nov 2017, 15:17

Anyone else get that error?
I was playing last night, woke up to play and couldn't repair or play due to connection refused so I figured "Oh... let's reinstall" and no dice.... I click install only to get the same error "Error: Connection Refused" :Search: :%) :sorry:

Actik

Re: Help! Connection Refused?

Post by Actik » 18 Nov 2017, 15:19

same issue...even tried swapping to EU server then back to NA. the struggle is real.

Crashxdjp

Post by Crashxdjp » 18 Nov 2017, 15:19

Yes we are all getting it and there’s already a 2 page post

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 15:20

yep no way to download the game here. It corrupted itself last night and disappeared off my HDD (3 times) and now i have to download it again but it wont even let me start the download . Devs please realize that your entire DOWNLOAD SERVER is offline.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2017, 15:59

We are working on fixing this issue.

Rinxen

Post by Rinxen » 18 Nov 2017, 16:02

Well this already feels like an early waste of $40.

Waited 4 years for this, lol.

Crashxdjp

Post by Crashxdjp » 18 Nov 2017, 16:04

Arrakis wrote:We are working on fixing this issue.

Thank you!

Sfmedic06

Post by Sfmedic06 » 18 Nov 2017, 16:09

I just want to play the game... My life already sucks enough. Now i have 1500 viewers waiting for me to stream this game and... welp nothing can't even install it. then the support people tell me we will get back to you in 2 days.

I hate that this is happening.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 16:19

Sfmedic06 wrote:I just want to play the game... My life already sucks enough. Now i have 1500 viewers waiting for me to stream this game and... welp nothing can't even install it. then the support people tell me we will get back to you in 2 days.

Yea ive been around for lots of game debuts, and most of them MMOs, this one has got to be the worst organized and operated ive ever seen. Devs shouldnt take that as an insult, cuz its not, its just simple observation based off of my many game launch experiences (mortal online, ESO, LOTRO , EVE, Dayz, Wild West Online, Anarchy Online, Everquest, SWG) most of which MMOs as well ... Some were bigger failures yet they were organized and mandated better. I really hope the devs start to hire more people , as of this point its just too small to deal with an mmo.

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 18 Nov 2017, 16:21

"MMO Launcher text translators needed (German, Italian and Portuguese)"

But at least they're already looking for people to translate their error messages.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2017, 16:28

There's a possible temp fix found by one of the players:

TO FIX CONNECTION REFUSED
Download the EU client and change the folder name to the NA name and it will work

Kahnhicks
Zealous Believer

Post by Kahnhicks » 18 Nov 2017, 16:36

Rinxen wrote:Well this already feels like an early waste of $40.

Waited 4 years for this, lol.

really? LMFAO I was expecting the launch to be WAAAAAAY worse then this. I recall E]back in the EQ days or the launch of WoW. This is nothing.
Plus there on it!

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 16:36

Arrakis wrote:There's a possible temp fix found by one of the players:

Download the EU client and change the folder name to the NA name and it will work

So we can play with our NA friends right? we wont magically be playing with EU scrubs, correct?

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 18 Nov 2017, 16:38

Sfmedic06 wrote:I just want to play the game... My life already sucks enough. Now i have 1500 viewers waiting for me to stream this game and... welp nothing can't even install it. then the support people tell me we will get back to you in 2 days.

Ah yes, the shitty life of a streamer.

Hotfix: Get a job.

AXE_Slant

Post by AXE_Slant » 18 Nov 2017, 16:40

JTCrowder1 wrote:"MMO Launcher text translators needed (German, Italian and Portuguese)"

But at least they're already looking for people to translate their error messages.

498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.jpg
498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.jpg (35.22 KiB) Viewed 12824 times

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 16:55

JTCrowder1 wrote:

Ah yes, the shitty life of a streamer.

Hotfix: Get a job.

Triggered . So I’m guessing this little “player fix” will put us on the eu mega server so not sure if that’s really a fix ... can’t be sure though until someone *cough* cough* chimes in .

Darkcleric

Post by Darkcleric » 18 Nov 2017, 17:08

guys, i notice that if you go Europe it DOWNLOADS,so im guessing its north US cause that wont download,and im getting bugs, damm i hate play Europe so far away,why would it give me Europe USA is way closer

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 17:11

Yep eu server downloads fine . I just completed the download and the game erased its application from within the game folders so now it wants me to download again . US download server STILL DOWN .

SockMonkeh

Post by SockMonkeh » 18 Nov 2017, 17:11

I tried this and was able to load into the game and create a character but could not make any progress on the "Patching World" screen. Could have been a coincidental separate issue, though.

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Post by Jonesr » 18 Nov 2017, 17:24

Will we be playing on the NA server if we do this ?

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 18 Nov 2017, 17:28

SockMonkeh wrote:I tried this and was able to load into the game and create a character but could not make any progress on the "Patching World" screen. Could have been a coincidental separate issue, though.

This is useful information, thank you.

AlexTaldren
True Believer

Post by AlexTaldren » 18 Nov 2017, 17:33

I can confirm that this does not work.

Waylander86
True Believer

Post by Waylander86 » 18 Nov 2017, 17:35

AlexTaldren wrote:

I can confirm that this does not work.

Didn't work for me either.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 17:36

Arrakkis’ “fix” didn’t work for me either, the game is downloading the full eu patch and then crashing at the end . Looks like you gotta fix this the RIGHT WAY devs . Get on it quick please the US download server is down and the EU main server .

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 18 Nov 2017, 17:39

Don't worry, even though the NA server has not been working they will still compensate the zealous and devoted believers for it.

Kahnhicks
Zealous Believer

Post by Kahnhicks » 18 Nov 2017, 17:42

Uther wrote:Don't worry, even though the NA server has not been working they will still compensate the zealous and devoted believers for it.

They better :Yahoo!:

iBL

Post by iBL » 18 Nov 2017, 17:54

I've been trying all morning, I have read through this thread from OP to LP, and tried every suggestion mentioned above. Nothing seems to work. I have, however, been able to at least login now without the Connection Refused error, that is, until I attempt to install either the EU or NA versions of the game. Neither will allow me to download, both now give the Connection refused Error message.

I'm a tad frustrated, but understand, open beta, is still beta and bugs happen, but I just can't seem to find any Official response to this issue as it's being reported. Perhaps some moderation is needed. Dev feedback, something to alleviate some of the frustration? Anything would help. Thanks in advance.

iBL

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Post by Jonesr » 18 Nov 2017, 17:57

iBL wrote:I've been trying all morning, I have read through this thread from OP to LP, and tried every suggestion mentioned above. Nothing seems to work. I have, however, been able to at least login now without the Connection Refused error, that is, until I attempt to install either the EU or NA versions of the game. Neither will allow me to download, both now give the Connection refused Error message.

I'm a tad frustrated, but understand, open beta, is still beta and bugs happen, but I just can't see to find any Official response to this issue as it's being reported. Perhaps some moderation is needed. Dev feedback, something to alleviate some of the frustration? Anything would help. Thanks in advance.

iBL

Dev's said they are working on the connection refused issue. There is nothing you can do except wait :)

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2017, 17:59

iBL wrote:I've been trying all morning, I have read through this thread from OP to LP, and tried every suggestion mentioned above. Nothing seems to work. I have, however, been able to at least login now without the Connection Refused error, that is, until I attempt to install either the EU or NA versions of the game. Neither will allow me to download, both now give the Connection refused Error message.

I'm a tad frustrated, but understand, open beta, is still beta and bugs happen, but I just can't seem to find any Official response to this issue as it's being reported. Perhaps some moderation is needed. Dev feedback, something to alleviate some of the frustration? Anything would help. Thanks in advance.

iBL

Agreed . They need to have a STICKIED POST explaining all the errors that’s happening right now (login errors , downloads won’t work , can’t login to either game server) and what they are doing to fix it or at least an estimate of when the servers will be back up and the download servers fixed (can’t download anything!).

And @jonesr : you cant expect every forum member to search for all of arrakkis silly posts saying how they don’t know what’s happening and that they are working to fix it , so they need to make a stickied post on top of the MMO section explaining what’s happ Winn. So we don’t have to dig the forums .

Joecool56

Post by Joecool56 » 18 Nov 2017, 18:07

Blackberrygoo wrote:(can’t download anything!).

Just now. And please try to treat it as a B game which means the launch or the gameplay could be MUCH worse than any AAA MMO title.

:Yahoo!:

Return to General Discussion