Higher capacity YO servers

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Rickjames
Zealous Believer

Higher capacity YO servers

Post by Rickjames » 20 Mar 2017, 00:28

I have heard of word that it is being worked on so we can have say the new custom maps and a population of over 64. Is this true? We have server owners who are willing and quite frankly have tried to do this but there is a hard coded cap on the population in the game and they cant seem to figure out how to undo it. If we had a bigger server capacity we could have a larger player base than we have now due to apathy / boredom with the same ol same old. So, is this in the works? or is it a pipe dream

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Re: Higher capacity YO servers

Post by Ishamael » 20 Mar 2017, 00:46

Why would bitbox ever want to make compitition for their own mmo? If you want higher capacity servers.... well, there will be an mmo for that.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 20 Mar 2017, 06:27

Rickjames wrote:I have heard of word that it is being worked on so we can have say the new custom maps and a population of over 64. Is this true? We have server owners who are willing and quite frankly have tried to do this but there is a hard coded cap on the population in the game and they cant seem to figure out how to undo it. If we had a bigger server capacity we could have a larger player base than we have now due to apathy / boredom with the same ol same old. So, is this in the works? or is it a pipe dream

Custom maps is already a thing, I belive there are currently 4 fully working custom maps, and I belive the guys who made it made the "map making tool" avalable for others to use.

And I do think Alakar was saying something about them working on sort of "cross server integration" so that you can somewhat merge several 64 player servers to creat a "super server" not sure how that will work though.

Both of this is community made though, so it proves that we could probably have had the ability to do this a long time ago, just that no one bothered. :lol:

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 27 Mar 2017, 06:07

Dragmar wrote:
Rickjames wrote:I have heard of word that it is being worked on so we can have say the new custom maps and a population of over 64. Is this true? We have server owners who are willing and quite frankly have tried to do this but there is a hard coded cap on the population in the game and they cant seem to figure out how to undo it. If we had a bigger server capacity we could have a larger player base than we have now due to apathy / boredom with the same ol same old. So, is this in the works? or is it a pipe dream

Custom maps is already a thing, I belive there are currently 4 fully working custom maps, and I belive the guys who made it made the "map making tool" avalable for others to use.

And I do think Alakar was saying something about them working on sort of "cross server integration" so that you can somewhat merge several 64 player servers to creat a "super server" not sure how that will work though.

Both of this is community made though, so it proves that we could probably have had the ability to do this a long time ago, just that no one bothered. :lol:

I have a feeling that custom maps can grow into the independent game. :)

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 27 Mar 2017, 13:19

Alakar work for permit transfer people from a server to another (You started on one, take the "boat" and appear on a new one).

IT WILL NOT INCREASE POPULATION IN EACH SERVER. The max will stay 64 forever.

It's "only" a way to cross around differents (and customs) islands.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 Mar 2017, 15:41

Saar wrote:Alakar work for permit transfer people from a server to another (You started on one, take the "boat" and appear on a new one).

IT WILL NOT INCREASE POPULATION IN EACH SERVER. The max will stay 64 forever.

It's "only" a way to cross around differents (and customs) islands.

While great in theory, there are so many ways this can be abused it would not be worth playing IMNHO.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nyuton
Mod Developer

Post by Nyuton » 27 Mar 2017, 17:53

there are so many ways this can be abused

abused? huh?
My Blog | Custom Maps & Tools for LiF:YO server owners on FeudalTools

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 27 Mar 2017, 17:55

Clairly it can be have a lot of abuse (a friendly GM for example...)
But nothing can be perfect and the opporunity to enlarge our world still a major upgrade imao

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 Mar 2017, 19:51

Chatted about this on Discord and now have a better idea of the overall design. Should prove interesting and fun.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion