Hunting: Snare problem...

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Semenfandukhov

Hunting: Snare problem...

Post by Semenfandukhov » 28 Apr 2020, 08:27

- Hi! I have a problem with hunting animals with snares! I put a snare, I come back in 5-8 hours and there are no animals in the snares... what to do? Who knows? (LiF YO)

Brent.glines

Re: Hunting: Snare problem...

Post by Brent.glines » 17 Aug 2020, 18:07

LIF:YO is not a persistent world. If you log off, time stops so it doesn't matter how much time has passed, nothing happens. For traps, this is also true if you log your hunter out, and log another character in.

For example, if you have a character who is a farmer, and work with that character, even if they see that the snare contains an animal, if you log the farmer off, and log the hunter in, the snare will reset when the world is recreated when logging the hunter in.

To get around this, what you need to do is leave your hunter logged in in a safe place, such as in a house. For example, I have different characters for each profession. When I am done playing for the day, I log my hunter in, make sure he's fully fed, then go do something else. Later, perhaps even the next day, when I come back, the hunter may be very hungry, but most of his traps will probably be full.

Return to General Discussion