Hype for MMO Test

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Hype for MMO Test

Post by Stormsblade » 24 Mar 2016, 12:44

Who plans on playing the moment it goes public, even if it suffers from significant server stability issues?

What's your plans for the first week of the MMO?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Hype for MMO Test

Post by Khan- » 24 Mar 2016, 12:57

I believe barely all the YO players will be there... even with a massive server instability... :beer: :ROFL:

to me, and my clan, the first week would be the exploration time... identifying ressources, good strategic places, animals, ores, quality around...

never forget, the MMO beta will have several wipes... it's not the time for very very important construction work
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 25 Mar 2016, 01:38

Yeah, I'll be looking at testing stuff, not making anything permanent yet.

That said, as we get closer to the end I will worry about stuff like who I will play with, what area I want to be in, etc. I'll certainly be looking around a bit, probably playing with different groups when they allow in order to poke into different aspects of things during the tests!

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 25 Mar 2016, 03:11

assuming it doesnt get delayed again... and again... explore the map then build a village
Lif Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/the_reginald

Better to be a virtual king than a real life scrub.

Sydbio
Beta Tester

Post by Sydbio » 25 Mar 2016, 03:55

I want look around too, will good Very!

Goltis

Post by Goltis » 25 Mar 2016, 08:14

Ill have to force myself to wait untill there are are no more wipes.
Will probably be early 2017 though, who knows

I wish everyone a lot of fun in the testing and good luck finding all the bugs and problems :beer:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 Mar 2016, 14:59

I have full confidence in the dev team that there will be no wipes, and that GA will happen one month after the alpha testers get access.

Wait, what do you mean April 1st is next Friday?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Post by LordWiese » 25 Mar 2016, 22:45

Looking forward to it.

Think I'll spend the first week with my clan fending off all you other people? :evil:

LaHermAndad

Post by LaHermAndad » 26 Mar 2016, 14:18

I expect no long delay to open beta. to no give so much advantage on exploration of the resources and hot spots to the apha testers.

Gordon der Eiserne
Devoted Believer

Post by Gordon der Eiserne » 26 Mar 2016, 16:40

We kill them all :evil:
A wipe is must to go.

Karlsans

Post by Karlsans » 27 Mar 2016, 12:39

thanks for all guys

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Post by LordWiese » 28 Mar 2016, 16:43

:%)

Erza
Beta Tester

Post by Erza » 29 Mar 2016, 01:08

1)

Get a horse

2)

Ride the horse

3)

Scout for the cool spots

Middle or north of the map i hate deserts

btw am i still gonna drown for no reason if i swim to an island? (with horse in my inventory of course) :D

Dalin
Beta Tester

Post by Dalin » 29 Mar 2016, 07:53

You can not easily have a horse with the current skill system in farming . :pardon:

I am sorry, but your first scout must be with your feets.
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

Belphegor
Alpha Tester

Post by Belphegor » 29 Mar 2016, 10:05

nice

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 29 Mar 2016, 11:32

I've bought YO about 4 months ago just to test and play the MMO. Hope i get picked up soon. :Yahoo!:
Played:
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Ultima Online
EvE
LiF: YO

Barnshaped

Post by Barnshaped » 29 Mar 2016, 18:49

I'm excited!

I hope there's good politics and that it's stable but that's probably a long shot :Yahoo!:

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 29 Mar 2016, 20:21

I'd imagine stability will be an issue for a while - It's unlikely that there has been a lot of large scale testing/work on the server infrastructure as LiF:YO has been constrained to 64 player servers, and LiF:MMO has some additional back-end server architecture that may complicate things.

That said, it's a beta, and we should all expect this and temper our expectations where stability is concerned.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Mar 2016, 17:41

I think we can expect the politics to be harsh and that much raging will occur on these forums.

I am also sure that there will be extremely engaging wars, with losses blamed on hacking, meta-gaming, and server lag.

I am absolutely positive there will be spying, account hacking, scams, griefing, boasting, spawn camping, propaganda videos/posts and :fool:, even the occasional Chuck Norris reference.

Here's to a great time playing with (and against) each other! :beer:
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 30 Mar 2016, 19:14

I think the MMO test will be very interesting. Out of all the people that play this game, I can think of only about 5 to 10 people that are PVP champions. I'm fairly sure that all the active big guilds know who these people are. I wonder how many of them are in the early-release and what will happen when people don't have GMs that ban people for using game mechanics.

AKA, I'm curious how people's predictions of what they expect the game will be clash upon the reality of what the game was made to be.

So far, I've heard of some big guilds establishing "zones" around their claim. If they see anyone in that zone then they will be griefed until they leave that zone. This makes me think that areas of "peaceful roleplay" may actually exist considering how big the map is. Maybe on the map they will just put a picture of a dragon over one part and label it, "Beware, here be dragons."

By the way, it's MID-Week... where's our patch?!
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

RexKushman
True Believer

Post by RexKushman » 31 Mar 2016, 15:38

I can't wait for the MMO version to be ready for public testing. :Yahoo!:

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 31 Mar 2016, 22:04

Ishamael wrote:I think the MMO test will be very interesting. Out of all the people that play this game, I can think of only about 5 to 10 people that are PVP champions.

I encountered plenty of strong PvPers in my time, rarely did they stick around long. I don't think the LiF:YO medium was a great source for retaining PvP oriented players longterm.

There are probably more than we expect - Plus there's a lot of depth to the game's PvP we haven't quite explored yet for many reasons too.

I'm excited to see how things pan out in the MMO - I hope that the non-PvP oriented players find good places where they can receive proper protection, rather than rage quit when they lose their cities.

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 31 Mar 2016, 22:31

Stormsblade wrote:
Ishamael wrote:I think the MMO test will be very interesting. Out of all the people that play this game, I can think of only about 5 to 10 people that are PVP champions.

I encountered plenty of strong PvPers in my time, rarely did they stick around long. I don't think the LiF:YO medium was a great source for retaining PvP oriented players longterm.

There are probably more than we expect - Plus there's a lot of depth to the game's PvP we haven't quite explored yet for many reasons too.

I'm excited to see how things pan out in the MMO - I hope that the non-PvP oriented players find good places where they can receive proper protection, rather than rage quit when they lose their cities.

Its actually quite interesting how deep the games combat mechanics go, even at the current moment. Its just a shame that most people don't delve into them due to the current combat meta. As far as champions go, I've been surprised at how many good fighters there are, even though a lot of them aren't well known.

For example, I've met Ishamael's group in game, and they have some... annoyingly good lancers.

banok
Alpha Tester

Post by banok » 02 Apr 2016, 00:33

I'm glad YO was such a success, but my interest was always in the MMO. Still hyped, but at this point don't really mind if it takes even more years.

PS: hi robben!

Lannater
True Believer

Post by Lannater » 02 Apr 2016, 02:38

I cant wait

Potrais
Devoted Believer

Post by Potrais » 02 Apr 2016, 12:03

Message for developers, Its better to be honesty and upfront with things than to leave us in the dark. Please give us what is really going on. you have postpone the MMO Closed Beta launch, you have postponed the patch for two weeks. just be upfront. we can take it. it is better than not knowing.

Thanks

Potrais Blackheart

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Apr 2016, 12:54

Hey folks. We're currently performing internal tests and fixing some nasty bugs. Once we will complete those internal tests we will be able to give you some update (which we really want to share with you :) ) We're working hard on the update right now, so hopefully you will be able hold on for a while longer ;)

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 02 Apr 2016, 17:01

Thanks for the update.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Unbeugsam
True Believer

Post by Unbeugsam » 02 Apr 2016, 17:46

what?

update online ?

I cant see any change for a update ?!

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 02 Apr 2016, 17:56

I meant news update on what the delays were. I think we kind of all expected there were some bugs that were being worked out, but it looks like it will drop within the next day or so. I just hope they get it in so some of us can try it this weekend.

Gotta remember they have families and such :D
—Ishamael

Return to General Discussion