Hype for MMO Test

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Hype for MMO Test

Post by Khan- » 18 Apr 2016, 15:36

Unbeaten wrote:Why are some of us from 2014 not yellow. I have been around from the start too.

did you participated to the indie gogo campaign back in early 2014 ? it's not the question to be there from the Steam Early Access of Your Own...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 18 Apr 2016, 18:49

Nope so us Americans are fucked in arses, why would I frequent indie GoGo. Supporting the game for two years and 1000+ hours is not enough? May want to base your testers on quality? I lead a gaming community of 1600, World first in AA, ESO and BDO. All active guilds to this day. We would really like to help make this a success, a large portion of us here since 2014 with steam (as its specifically where you can back early access games). Out of all our games, we have been anticipating and appreciating the polish with every patch added to this game.

Adding claims was the best feature every done, love the war times being set, so you stuff is not gone over night. We are just hoping some nodes will be added to claim/fight over and the games PERFECT. People simply just need a better reason to have to leave town more frequently than they do.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 18 Apr 2016, 19:01

... chill dude...

everyone who bought LiF:YO will get the access few weeks after the closed beta started...

if you wanna rage a little more, people that pledged the game already tested the MMO, and months before you ever played LiF:YO...

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Apr 2016, 19:15

Unbeaten wrote:Nope so us Americans are ...

Wow, this American (whose name is yellow) will be participating, as well as several of my fellow Hyperion members. While Khan, who is European, will not. That is until it opens up to everyone.

Sorry Khan. :(
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 18 Apr 2016, 20:06

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:... chill dude...

everyone who bought LiF:YO will get the access few weeks after the closed beta started...

if you wanna rage a little more, people that pledged the game already tested the MMO, and months before you ever played LiF:YO...

No rage intended, just want to help test, we have community funds of over 10,000 if this is about money. I thought it would be about quality testing.... Again I was just mislead in the fact we already bought the game and support it for two years now. ;) So in doing so were now suddenly denied input in a valuable testing stage, you guys sound concerned with when you can play. We want to know when we can help test, provide feedback and make LiF a success. Currently servers at prime time and for awhile now cannot produce 1000 players. I find that crazy because this game has polish, but the server stability.... Hoping we get the quality testing needed in the stress environments.

Guess we didn't realize supporting this game the moment it was available and green lit in Alpha was to late, and awards us second rate status. Now that I think about it I have paid more money to bluefangsolutions for our server than the game though =P.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 18 Apr 2016, 20:30

I suppose there still some bug´s in YO left (for ex. how to consume bottles without brewing beer :D ) and as the MMO uses mostly the same code than the little brother, reporting bug´s should also help to perfect the MMO.

Am I wrong?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Apr 2016, 21:04

In truth the alpha testers got very little time in the MMO, and were then cut out completely when YO launched on steam because the server clusters that were running the MMO were converted over to the official YO server.

So allowing in the Alpha testers in the first run is a delivery on a promise made to those who paid 50 euros. To be brutally frank everyone should be heartened by Bobik and crew honoring that commitment. It shows they care about this game, about the players who supported it, and their long term commitment to the success of this endeavor.
:good:

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 18 Apr 2016, 21:13

Azzerhoden wrote:Sorry Khan. :(

don't worry ;)

and that's why we'll all get the open beta soon after the beginning of the closed beta... they could keep it closed for months and open it a month before the official release...

but there's something to remember, the beta will have several wipes and a last one for the release... this will be cool to play the mmo, but after few wipes people will leave and will come back for the release...

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 18 Apr 2016, 21:32

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:... they could keep it closed for months and open it a month before the official release...

I´ve read about weeks, not month. But okay ... we know that Bitbox should get a patent for their timetables :D . Got no Problem with that.

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:but there's something to remember, the beta will have several wipes and a last one for the release...

Are you sure there´s a wipe for the release? I hope that too, but didn´t read anything official about that.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 18 Apr 2016, 21:38

Saxxon confirmed me that yes, some wipes during the beta, and a wipe between the beta and the release

and, when I say they could keep it closed, it's just a normal thing for beta... or it was...

here, yes, it would be only few weeks between the closed and the opened :)

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 18 Apr 2016, 22:55

Yeah, I'm cool with the fact that they are doing the special start to testing for them.

Not only did those people make the initial pledge, they had a promise made that is being followed through on. I'd much rather see a developer risk losing a few people over having integrity to meet their promises, than see them cave and fail to follow through on their word.

To me, I agree with 'chill.' The devs are awesome about working with their player base, they take our feedback and suggestions and do work on things, and they have said we will all have the opportunity to hop in and help test the MMO side of things. So sit back, have a :beer: and don't drive yourself :crazy: if you aren't in the gold name group! :D

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 19 Apr 2016, 17:10

What indiegogo.

When lif was first talked about lif:yo wasn't even a thing.
A couple of us straight out donated 50 euros to bobik and some of us even helped him with teamspeak servers and pre alpha testing when it wasn't even playable.

So just stop. The yellow name was given to those that did a complete leap of faith for this game. Straight out paypal donation to a russian guy.
Any country could have done it.
AQ

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 19 Apr 2016, 17:39

Frontal wrote:So just stop. The yellow name was given to those that did a complete leap of faith for this game. Straight out paypal donation to a russian guy.

+1

Yellow (GOLDEN) names FTW !! :D

Docere
Alpha Tester

Post by Docere » 20 Apr 2016, 10:27

Frontal wrote: The yellow name was given to those that did a complete leap of faith for this game. Straight out paypal donation to a russian guy.

True, i remember that the donation has gone to bobiks bank account lol

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 20 Apr 2016, 11:07

I realize that I hesitate for a long time to join an early access, and you guys bought the game more expensive than the game without any proof, just an idea...

I (and we, all the people that enjoy the game) thank you, and also say you are totally crazy :D :beer:

Just_TJ

Post by Just_TJ » 20 Apr 2016, 12:03

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:I realize that I hesitate for a long time to join an early access, and you guys bought the game more expensive than the game without any proof, just an idea...

I (and we, all the people that enjoy the game) thank you, and also say you are totally crazy :D :beer:

Exactly the same feeling here.
I also would have liked to know about the game before but probably it's my fault i've been distracted in the past few years.
Again thanks to all that have supported the game since the start and to the developers for doing it. :beer:

KiroElmarok
Zealous Believer

Post by KiroElmarok » 20 Apr 2016, 14:28

:Yahoo!:
Hyped.. didn't back till LiF:YO showed up on steam... definitely all aboard the hype train now. This game has come a hell of a long way!

Reviving the Oldschool way that mmos should have gone!

And to the yellow fellows... have a round on me at the local tavern! :beer:

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 20 Apr 2016, 15:14

TBKiro wrote:And to the yellow fellows... have a round on me at the local tavern! :beer:

No, no. Build the local tavern so we can get beers when the rest of us get in there. :D

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Apr 2016, 15:31

Dragmar wrote:
TBKiro wrote:And to the yellow fellows... have a round on me at the local tavern! :beer:

No, no. Build the local tavern so we can get beers when the rest of us get in there. :D

This is sooooo needed in the game. I could see taverns setup as 'safe zones' where players could meet up an RP political intrigue.

Thror

Post by Thror » 20 Apr 2016, 16:28

Azzerhoden wrote:
Dragmar wrote:

This is sooooo needed in the game. I could see taverns setup as 'safe zones' where players could meet up an RP political intrigue.

I will play "Rains of Castamere" then :P

Airco

Post by Airco » 20 Apr 2016, 18:29

Azzerhoden wrote:This is sooooo needed in the game. I could see taverns setup as 'safe zones' where players could meet up an RP political intrigue.

random inn's for travelers where along the road, nice idea to rp , bhut i doubt anybody is willing to open a tavern or inn on a random road
(getting it builded and than upkeeping it, fighting off robbers ect)

what i do see happen are massive roads between guilds and kingdom's being builded for trade and in the guilds/kingdoms getting your tavern/inn.
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 21 Apr 2016, 06:31

Airco wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:This is sooooo needed in the game. I could see taverns setup as 'safe zones' where players could meet up an RP political intrigue.

random inn's for travelers where along the road, nice idea to rp , bhut i doubt anybody is willing to open a tavern or inn on a random road
(getting it builded and than upkeeping it, fighting off robbers ect)

what i do see happen are massive roads between guilds and kingdom's being builded for trade and in the guilds/kingdoms getting your tavern/inn.

Have a crossroad somewhere in between those Kingdoms/Guilds/Villages, Build a Tavern right at the middle of the crossroad (well maybe not ON the crossroad itself :P) and there you go. Should be able to get some visitors and RP running.
I'd like to stop by such a tavern and go with a chat with someone, maybe the host or whoever works there at the moment could tell stories as well :D.
Btw, I missed the info, will we have that global chat available for MMO too? Probably not, but I've seen nothing about communication in the MMO yet. (Letters, Couriers, Ravens (mod ;)) or hear-say).

Pyromnky11

Post by Pyromnky11 » 21 Apr 2016, 13:17

I think it would be great to have some sort of buy/sell feature for certain buildings.

So for the tavern you can keep it stocked with certain items, in this case maybe alcohol, food, maybe tools for a general store feel. All items are made by players and it must be restocked with real items not auto generated like an npc.

The only way for people to remove items from the building would be to pay and the money goes directly to the building so the claim owner can walk up to it and have a menu item to remove money. So when you drop the item in the building it can give you an option to set a price that the user must use.

If it is on guild land maybe have a land tax come out of it that only a guild leader can remove from the building. Guild leaders can set the land tax to generate money for the guild.

This could also be translated into blacksmith shops, tanneries, maybe a stable to sell horses. Feel like this could be a cool way to generate money for such a crafting based game over something like an auction house that most games have.

Sorry this kinda snowballed from my initial idea.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 21 Apr 2016, 14:49

Pyromnky11 wrote:Sorry this kinda snowballed from my initial idea.

That's what forums are for! :D

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 21 Apr 2016, 18:50

Pyromnky11 wrote:I think it would be great to have some sort of buy/sell feature for certain buildings.

So for the tavern you can keep it stocked with certain items, in this case maybe alcohol, food, maybe tools for a general store feel. All items are made by players and it must be restocked with real items not auto generated like an npc.

The only way for people to remove items from the building would be to pay and the money goes directly to the building so the claim owner can walk up to it and have a menu item to remove money. So when you drop the item in the building it can give you an option to set a price that the user must use.

If it is on guild land maybe have a land tax come out of it that only a guild leader can remove from the building. Guild leaders can set the land tax to generate money for the guild.

This could also be translated into blacksmith shops, tanneries, maybe a stable to sell horses. Feel like this could be a cool way to generate money for such a crafting based game over something like an auction house that most games have.

Sorry this kinda snowballed from my initial idea.

In itself a nice idea but.. you see... that is exactly what the game does NOT stand for :) This game is specifically designed with player-and-no-npc in mind, meaning if you want to sell these goods, you need to sell them from actual player to player, not with the click of a button. So if the Innkeeper is offline, the inn is closed. period. :) Much more realistic and I like it that way, hehe.

Pyromnky11

Post by Pyromnky11 » 21 Apr 2016, 19:19

Richard_Smith wrote:In itself a nice idea but.. you see... that is exactly what the game does NOT stand for :) This game is specifically designed with player-and-no-npc in mind, meaning if you want to sell these goods, you need to sell them from actual player to player, not with the click of a button. So if the Innkeeper is offline, the inn is closed. period. :) Much more realistic and I like it that way, hehe.

Very true and now I actually like my idea a little less now. That was my main idea though about the money being a pickup system instead of being deposited directly to the customer. My main issue with that is the high frequency an inn/shop owner could have when a large crowd comes in. It is very hard to sell things to even 5 people at once. But to counter that I could say the same thing for real life so I guess that would work as well.

Plus i was more imagining that the shop owner could set their shop up like a real shop with items on the counter and racks/shelfs holding all their goods. If a shop customer wants to buy something maybe he could click on an item to open a barter dialog and then the owner and customer could adjust the price to their liking much like a regular trade.

To address your point about the shop owner having to be there that could be one of the things added in so that the shop is only active to sell things when the owner or designated seller is actually there. I am just a little worried that this would not be fun because then the owner would just have to sit there all day which is quite boring (much like a real life cashier job).

I do see the idea as being less immersive because it does have a lot of parts that are not directly in control of the player which as you pretty much said this game does not stand for and is one of the better parts the game.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 21 Apr 2016, 21:24

It´s not bad at all but ... a lot of this stuff is implemented already. You can build a trading post and decorate it as an tavern. Someone can sell beer, met and wine (there are just no 3D-Models to serve it on a table) - and I think it´s much easyer than in RL to manage a huge crowd of guests. Because they can have only max 3 drinks a time (and most dont buy more than three) - but you can carry >60 beers in inventory which you usually can´t do in RL.

Okay, atm you cannot close your tavern, but you can build it on the border of your Claim, so the Barrels (crates, chest or whatever you stored your stuff) with the drinks are inside - and the part for the guest´s is outside.

It´s just bad, that you can´t drink or eat while sitting (or what they call sitting).

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 21 Apr 2016, 21:37

I've heard that sitting in chairs is on their list.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 21 Apr 2016, 22:03

WIP :)

Airco

Post by Airco » 22 Apr 2016, 07:11

get a shop where we can place the actuale item on shelf or puppet or whatever, whit a pricetag (a small paper or something) next to it or something.
place a sign infront of the shop where we can write the opening hours on.
make it posable for the shopkeeper to LOCK the shop so no one can just walk in and out. (dont do this whit "claim building" bhut whit a key we can multipli so we can have more than 1 shopkeeper)

this wil
A) make shops posable whitouwth haveing to swap all the dam goods every time and/or carrying everything and players wil see everything rather than haveing to browse it in the trade menu
B) allow for burglars to break in whit lockpicking
C) allow for thievery even when the shop is open and than we can place bounty's on thievs there heads or even a good samaritaan can kill the thieve right after he managed to leave the shop whitouwth paying
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to General Discussion