Proposition on how to replace Judgement Hour.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Anuketh

Proposition on how to replace Judgement Hour.

Post by Anuketh » 07 Feb 2018, 23:51

Ok. I have been thinking about this. Currently JH puts a huge stress on the server because it is one hour all out for everyone. That seems to be the main problem that the servers cannot cope with it. My idea is that all guild would have different times their claim would be attackable and it is also only in war. It would be chosen by the guild leader depending on their guild prime time and would happen between guilds that are in war with eachother. There should be a 24h period after war declaration until the war is in effect. Wars should be able to be declared one sided but if made mutual it could only end if both parties agree to it. Also the attack time on claim could be extended by the monument size which brings one more reason you might choose not to improve the monument right away when you can.

Example:

1. Guild A declares war on guild B (hostilities can begin after 24 hours and war can be ended by the decision of guild A)

2. Guild B makes the war mutual (Now both need to agree to end the war)

3. 24 hours has been passed from initial declaration, hostilities will begin. Both guilds claim is attackable by the other during the time set by the guild leaders every day.

4. Any guild can join either side of this conflict to support the war effort, they cannot leave until the war ends. This supports defensive pacts and mercenary companies. Their claims also become attackable by the other side on the time the guild leader has chosen.

Time the claim is attackable every day when at war:

lvl 1 monument: 1 hours.
lvl 2 monument: 2 hours.
lvl 3 monument: 3 hours.
lvl 4 monument: 4 hours.

You could see the hours of the day the guildleader has chosen as their prime time from the guild interface and could attack them accordingly. This would distribute the server load because everyone has different times depending on their own prime time and also distributes attacks on a longer period of time to help further.
Last edited by Anuketh on 08 Feb 2018, 15:12, edited 6 times in total.

Hodo

Re: Proposition on how to replace Judgement Hour.

Post by Hodo » 08 Feb 2018, 14:45

The best solution is just get IB and sieges working and cheaper.

Failing to do that, JH will continue to be a laggy nightmare for most servers.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Anuketh

Post by Anuketh » 08 Feb 2018, 15:01

Hodo wrote:The best solution is just get IB and sieges working and cheaper.

Failing to do that, JH will continue to be a laggy nightmare for most servers.

I made a change to it. I was also thinking about this and it should only be in affect between guilds at war.

Anuketh

Post by Anuketh » 22 Feb 2018, 16:08

I want to bump this now that the Epleland AMA is done and the people seem less than impressed by it in what comes to PVP.

Valverrin

Post by Valverrin » 06 Mar 2018, 14:18

Free bump. Good idea. Bobik should look more into his EvE Online experience :) .

Eyesgood

Post by Eyesgood » 06 Mar 2018, 15:01

How about having three models for the various servers?

1. 24/7 JH free for all - no rules, anything you can get away with, within existing game mechanics, is fair game. Positively no GM intervention except for bug-related issues - similar to null-sec in Eve.

2. Existing ruleset with JH as are all existing servers except Epleland. This would be for the less hard-core.

3. Existing Epleland but with rules adjusted for GvG PVP only, which would accommodate both RP players, and Carebears.

If this were implemented, I guarantee you option 1 would be the least populated server. Option 3 would be the most populated server. Option 2 would be somewhere in the middle.

Just my 2c.

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 06 Mar 2018, 16:17

Eyesgood wrote:If this were implemented, I guarantee you option 1 would be the least populated server. Option 3 would be the most populated server.

Yeah that's why Avalon has nearly double population compared to Epleland.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Insurance2584

Post by Insurance2584 » 02 Apr 2018, 07:42

OTOH , 24/7 FFA server would also be the *last* to shut down, whlle Avalon's pop will disappear when the next shiny new thing comes along.

[Edit]

Also forgot to mention how this would eliminate the resource spike, spreading it out all day, instead of everything in one hour.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas