IF a server wipe is done...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Korik

IF a server wipe is done...

Post by Korik » 16 Dec 2017, 15:04

...does that apply to our character? Hope not!

Thx
Last edited by Korik on 17 Dec 2017, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

Arrakis

Re: IF a server swipe is done...

Post by Arrakis » 16 Dec 2017, 15:36

What server swipe? Oo

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 16 Dec 2017, 17:50

Arrakis wrote:What server swipe? Oo

I think he means wipe.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Dec 2017, 18:43

Well, there won't be any wipes if that's what he meant :)

Korik

Post by Korik » 17 Dec 2017, 13:43

Arrakis wrote:Well, there won't be any wipes if that's what he meant :)

Lol, thx.

Sefin

Post by Sefin » 17 Dec 2017, 14:20

@arrakis

Call me a skeptic but I find it hard to believe there will be no server wipe.

Mainly because the resources are finite. Especially clay. If there is only a set amount on the map. What is the plan to regenerate or replace those resources 6 or 7 months from now?

Clay, gold, and granite to be specific.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Dec 2017, 14:24

Sefin wrote:@arrakis

Mainly because the resources are finite. Especially clay. If there is only a set amount on the map. What is the plan to regenerate or replace those resources 6 or 7 months from now?

We will talk about it IF we ever get to the point where resources are actually near depletion.

Bilbro

Post by Bilbro » 17 Dec 2017, 14:37

They've said before that they can easily expand the map at any time. If resources start to go scarce to a degree where it's hurting the game, they will probably just expand the map.

Which...would not be a perfect solution, as it would not help those who build centrally.

Riceeater27

Re: IF a server wipe is done...

Post by Riceeater27 » 17 Dec 2017, 16:09

When this game is released on steam it's going to be rough for new player. Especially when you have massive guilds controlling zones (which I have no issue with). And if they do add more zones to add resources I hope they add in a way that people who are close to the center can still get some of it with out having to travel long insane distances.

Velius

Post by Velius » 17 Dec 2017, 16:23

Riceeater27 wrote:When this game is released on steam it's going to be rough for new player. Especially when you have massive guilds controlling zones (which I have no issue with). And if they do add more zones to add resources I hope they add in a way that people who are close to the center can still get some of it with out having to travel long insane distances.

To be fair, joining after Stream release, unless someone insists on soloing or being an island as a small group, will be much easier than the initial release since they'd have the ability to either join or ally with the large kingdom guilds. While the idea of vassalling usually evokes images of subservience or flat-out slavery, a lot of guilds will treat it as a business partnership and ensure that this under then are protected as well as taken care of since you cannot collect tax from dead people. Joining a good provides even greater benefits and frees up more time since there is less grinding for each individual person and the work is shared.

Now, that's not saying every guild is like that, far from it. The stigma would not exist if there weren't guilds with a "join us or die" policy. The hardest part is finding a guild that both offers what a player is looking fid and also whose members' personalities gel with your own.

Riceeater27

Post by Riceeater27 » 17 Dec 2017, 16:44

Velius wrote:
Riceeater27 wrote:When this game is released on steam it's going to be rough for new player. Especially when you have massive guilds controlling zones (which I have no issue with). And if they do add more zones to add resources I hope they add in a way that people who are close to the center can still get some of it with out having to travel long insane distances.

To be fair, joining after Stream release, unless someone insists on soloing or being an island as a small group, will be much easier than the initial release since they'd have the ability to either join or ally with the large kingdom guilds. While the idea of vassalling usually evokes images of subservience or flat-out slavery, a lot of guilds will treat it as a business partnership and ensure that this under then are protected as well as taken care of since you cannot collect tax from dead people. Joining a good provides even greater benefits and frees up more time since there is less grinding for each individual person and the work is shared.

Now, that's not saying every guild is like that, far from it. The stigma would not exist if there weren't guilds with a "join us or die" policy. The hardest part is finding a guild that both offers what a player is looking fid and also whose members' personalities gel with your own.

I see your point I guess I've only ran into guilds that are pretty much are exsclusive and do not want any thing to do with you. Maybe that is what molded my opinion of guilds over all. Especially language barriers. But for solo or small groups I still believe it will be rough, if not very hard to play.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 17 Dec 2017, 20:51

Arrakis wrote:

We will talk about it IF we ever get to the point where resources are actually near depletion.

I've been exploring the world and there are so many servers void of clay, this is mainly due to the fact that you haven't added any, and some places you've added way too much that literally no one uses (desert to the south). If you could spread out the clay out by adding more than there already is in the game, I think that would help alleviate the issue's your having with performance on certain servers. Many of the islands that surrounds the main island needs clay.

As a side note: "I would like to see forest/fertile dirt hiding underneath the snow up in the northern part of the map. Right now there's just rocks, and more rocks".

Back on the subject on clay... There are so many unfinished cities littered across all over the world because they ran out of clay, so if you could increase the amount of clay there is per elevation I think that would go a long way of keeping clay pits alive for much longer and allow more people to stay within its range.

Tordr86
Devoted Believer

Post by Tordr86 » 17 Dec 2017, 21:00

Riceeater27 wrote:I see your point I guess I've only ran into guilds that are pretty much are exsclusive and do not want any thing to do with you. Maybe that is what molded my opinion of guilds over all. Especially language barriers. But for solo or small groups I still believe it will be rough, if not very hard to play.

I'm a solo player and I can tell you right now that it is very hard, and there's a shit ton of planning you have to do when it comes to building your character, and most importantly of all, stacking intellect.

Return to General Discussion