Importand Question to the Devs regarding possible abuse of Game Mechanics.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: Importand Question to the Devs regarding possible abuse of Game Mechanics.

Post by Sharana » 07 Jun 2017, 12:01

In the FAQ:
mmo-tests-interactive-faq-t19456/page480/#p101354
Bobik wrote:
  • Answer: Exactly! Yes, we DO confirm that cheap stone walls are NOT designed to provide 100% safety for those who are inside. Good walls are nothing without good defenders on them.

Brother

Post by Brother » 07 Jun 2017, 13:22

I haven't read through this whole thread but instead came here after reading Sharana's question on the FAQ.

For me, I dislike bark box ladders and floating logs for one reason and one reason alone: they look stupidly unrealistic! In certain situations they look so unrealistic that they do look like an exploit or an abuse of game mechanics.

I also think the "you shouldn't be safe behind your walls" argument to defend barkbox ladders is silly. Of course you shouldn't be 100% safe behind your walls. Scaling walls is part of the game and should be part of the game - but there should be way more legit ways to do it. Please stop defending something that should be replaced.

Can't wait for siege ladders and a proper climbing mechanic. Hopefully they're cheap enough/easy enough to place so we can stop hopping on little boxes like cute platformer characters.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 07 Jun 2017, 14:01

Brother wrote:Please stop defending something that should be replaced.

There is huge difference. The "defense" is more along the line keep it for gameplay reasons until the proper and even easier methods are implemented. The demands to remove the barkboxes and floating items on the other hand are more along the line of "fix this now!" (with no alternative available) and "I should be protected if I have my walls".
Last edited by Sharana on 07 Jun 2017, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

Brother

Post by Brother » 07 Jun 2017, 14:22

Fair enough. I was just pointing out that the reason many people dislike them (and make them against the rules on YO servers) is not because they want to be safe behind their walls, but because they look completely unrealistic and defy any sense of physics, which in turn ruins immersion for a lot of players.

I'm glad we can agree that the sooner we get real siege ladders, the better :)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 07 Jun 2017, 19:19

Brother wrote:Fair enough. I was just pointing out that the reason many people dislike them (and make them against the rules on YO servers) is not because they want to be safe behind their walls, but because they look completely unrealistic and defy any sense of physics, which in turn ruins immersion for a lot of players.

I'm glad we can agree that the sooner we get real siege ladders, the better :)

I also completely agree. But there is no real way of preventing it. If climbing and siege ladders get added and is slower than stacking things, then things will be stacked.

There are also ways to design/structure walls and buildings to make it much more difficult for players to easily get over a wall. Many folks know this already, but for those that don't, take the time to play around on YO.

Regardless of the game design, players will find a way to 'grief' other players. The only way to prevent this is by having other players be online. Attempts to prevent it through rules or game mechanics are only effective AFTER the attack has occurred and will help everyone else BUT you. That's the way it is in a PvP game, and Life, for that matter.

Real leadership plans and prepares for it.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 14 Jun 2017, 06:13

we are playing a game, a game in early stage of developmant. I'm sure developers didn't intend for the boxes, tables, sleeping bags and so on to be siege weapons and they are well aware of that problem. probably, some day in the future we will get our siege ladders but not before they figure out how to prevent us from having fun building pyramids from bark-boxes. At this moment, even if implemented, ladders are useless comparing to "cheap" boxes that would work much the same.
I'll say let them work on the in hand problem and get the MMO running online. Rounding out the corners can be done later.
This topic will not go away, too many people are for and against it.

I would strongly suggest to go on YO, get into a God Mode and play around to figure out how to build so to prevent/slow down other when climbing over the walls. You will find more than one solution to the problem. it will not be easy or pretty but that's what it is now and we have to deal with it.

another way to do is it find some remote or difficult to access location making it not worth the time or effort to attack.
Kepping away from desierable resorces could help.
you will have a very slow start, but probably, just probably, sleep a bit better later on.

all the best to ALL of YOU. I'm gonna go now and get me some branches :)

Return to Feedback Section