Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Re: Important Poll

Post by Krevente » 28 Jan 2014, 18:43

With enough money I could purchase enough characters to own an entire kingdom myself? That is what the one time purchase systems feels like. I pay 20 for the first one and 80 more one time to end up with 9 characters worth of real estate. Am I correct or did I misread something?

valirius
Alpha Tester

Post by valirius » 28 Jan 2014, 18:44

I answered: Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.

But it's only because I did not see the game and I can not say at all whether it 10 euros. By and large, I feel closer to the dollar, even though I am from Russia. So will be interesting to look equivalent dollar price, for example 8 euros.

The best option I see is this: a completely free starter island and restrictions on trade between the players and build on. So you can see the starting location and try a couple of times to die)) And then have to decide how much I want to pay for it. Every time you try to call the trade window asking "want to buy a game?"

something like that)
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 28 Jan 2014, 18:46

Sorry for the double post but rereading that I get the sense of character versus player. I guess it just gets more expensive per account.

I'm of the subscription based system personally to prevent the crazy rich people from buying up large amounts of land.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 18:53

Krevente wrote:With enough money I could purchase enough characters to own an entire kingdom myself? That is what the one time purchase systems feels like. I pay 20 for the first one and 80 more one time to end up with 9 characters worth of real estate. Am I correct or did I misread something?

Krevente wrote:Sorry for the double post but rereading that I get the sense of character versus player. I guess it just gets more expensive per account.

I'm of the subscription based system personally to prevent the crazy rich people from buying up large amounts of land.

i don't understand what you're trying to say lol

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 28 Jan 2014, 19:01

Bobik said: Every player will be able to claim at least 100 in-game cells for free for their personal use which will be protected from any type of damage (including other players’ damage) and decay.

Krevente was worried every character would be able to claim land, meaning one person could set up their own Kingdom of alts.

That isn't the case.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:12

Kuroi wrote:we don't even know how much time we'll need to max out our main character... if it will take like a year i'll be more than happy to spend 10 additional euros for another char just cause that means the game is really great and deserves it. moreover i played the whole year for free.

when playing mmorpgs do you usually create a char and the day after you make another one? o_O

Thokan wrote:£10 isnt something you spend on a whim

euros, not sterlings

You would have played your first year for the price of £20. Just like in Guild Wars or any other b2p-model game.

There isnt a standard level system, thus you dont "max out". Moreover you wouldn't create another character to max it out. The whole game is an end game, and thus you would create another character to help in that endeavour when and if the need arises.

The point is still, you have already bought the game. Such a high fee for just another alt creates the negative feeling of buying the game again.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 28 Jan 2014, 19:16

10 EURO for another character in F2P game is like nothing. In most game when number of characters need to be restricted you pay more each monts per another character.

Even if it will be 20 euro I 'm willing to buy another 2-3 chars to make myself independent. I bet there are people that would be willing to spend that 10 Euro each month just to crate new PK alts.

If it will be lower then some people will be buying alt just to harass other even each day. Couple rich players could harass entire population.

Maybe some better solution would be account stored alignment. So if you gain negative alignment on one char every other char losses some also and it's stored per account, so creating new character will automatically make it evil in your account alignment is low enough.
Last edited by Kossako on 28 Jan 2014, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Murtag
Alpha Tester

Post by Murtag » 28 Jan 2014, 19:17

Making the choice of being a bandit more important is extremly important imo.

And if you go with 20/10 , then i can almost guarantee that all bandits will have a "good" alt

I would almost prefer a 20/30/40/50 way with a 10 E increase per new alt
//Murtag. Aka Murtag Bek , Nicklasa , Nick Trevez , Nick Guile , Night Angel

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:17

So, if i have understand correctly, you log-in the first time for free in the noob island, and when you are ready to go to the main world, you have to pay 20 € right?

But what if i delete my main character and create a new one? I need to pay again?
Hope is account based.

If so this is pratically a B2P system and i'm very ok with it.
Why i support B2P? Because of hackers, if you cheat you have to pay and lose something. F2p system in a game like this will be a mess.

So yes, 20 € for 1 character SLOT and you can play free forever is ok.

For developers: put in game the SURNAME please, so if someone is called Jon XYZ, the alt will be called Bam XYZ. This avoid pkers to back blue and spies to join enemy clans, all should be account based even if you make more characters.
Last edited by Kdchan on 28 Jan 2014, 19:24, edited 5 times in total.
Played:
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Ultima Online
EvE
LiF: YO

Davee

Post by Davee » 28 Jan 2014, 19:18

This sounds like a good, fair system to me!

However, alt character prices could probably be made a little bit lower in my opinion (just to around 7 Euro), for reasons that have already been mentioned several times in this thread. This is also assuming there won't be a monthly subscription cost or similar.

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter » 28 Jan 2014, 19:26

The first character should be free you should only have to pay fora additional characters.

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:28

Firestarter wrote:The first character should be free you should only have to pay fora additional characters.

NO, or hackers and multi accounts will be rampant. You have to pay 20 € for the first slot, for every account you made.

20 € as a B2P system is fine and the best system for a sandbox game.
Last edited by Kdchan on 28 Jan 2014, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
Played:
Ultima Online
EvE

Enigma

Post by Enigma » 28 Jan 2014, 19:29

I agree with the above mentioned, MO gives you one character for free, and after that, you are required to pay 10 dollars for any additional character slots that you wish to have, up to a limit of 4. In my own opinion, if we are going to be charged to obtain the full game, multiple times, i'd rather not pay at all, that's ridiculous, it's like paying for the game several times over? Just at a discounted price after the first purchase.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:31

Murtag wrote:Making the choice of being a bandit more important is extremly important imo.

And if you go with 20/10 , then i can almost guarantee that all bandits will have a "good" alt

I would almost prefer a 20/30/40/50 way with a 10 E increase per new alt

I think it is a little bit harsh to pin PKers down economically. There is already a risk for each individual character, and I deem it more than enough.

Do remember that the skillpoint loss is exponential the lower your alignment is. Quite exponential. It seems it will be quite possible to grind murderers skillpoints down to oblivion.

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:33

Just forget to add, the alignment should be shared between characters on the same account too.
If you are evil your entire "family" will be evil.
Played:
Ultima Online
EvE

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 19:35

Firestarter wrote:The first character should be free you should only have to pay fora additional characters.

yeah cause people make game just for fun LOL

Enigma wrote:I agree with the above mentioned, MO gives you one character for free, and after that, you are required to pay 10 dollars for any additional character slots that you wish to have, up to a limit of 4. In my own opinion, if we are going to be charged to obtain the full game, multiple times, i'd rather not pay at all, that's ridiculous, it's like paying for the game several times over? Just at a discounted price after the first purchase.

MO is pay to play, it has a monthly subscription fee as well

if you don't pay then you get the free trial restrictions and that's not really "the game"

on LiF instead you just buy a character and you play with it forever free in the "real game"...
Last edited by Kuroi on 28 Jan 2014, 19:40, edited 2 times in total.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 28 Jan 2014, 19:37

This is pretty tough for me, since there is no way the price will change the way players handle their main/alt characters, but it will give players with less spare cash the feeling they're getting less out of the game (and even call of p2w).

What I mean by this is if it CAN be broken, it WILL be broken. If you don't want people running around not caring about their reputation or alignment, they CAN'T have multiple characters OR multiple accounts, no matter the price.
10 or 20 euro is a small price to pay to be able to have 1 "don't give 2 shits" PK-character that can happily slaughter whomever whenever he feels like it, and another "Main" character that you spend your time farming/crafting/socializing/everything else on, that can easily provide gear for your PK-character.

If you want people to care about their reputation, and actually make a choice on being a hardcore ganker or not (meaning there's consequences) there can honestly be only one route: 1 character, 1 account, no exceptions. If they get bored of PK-ing (and there's truly no way to return from -50 alignment) make a new character, by which I mean, delete the old one entirely.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not here to hate on PK-ers, I just want them to have some kind of consequence for being PK-ers, if they can have alts then they're automatically no longer PK-ers, they just have a PK-alt (or main, if you prefer to see it that way).

And yeah that means random pk-ers will (should) be rare. Which, if I recall correctly, is exactly as intended.
So yeah, I guess that's my vote, the price is fine by me, I just don't think the vision of "PK-ers should be rare and have consequences" fits in any way with "We can have alts".

And yes that even goes for if we have an insanely slow leveling system (which has allready been stated, we don't), as once you have your crafting (or w/ever) alt levelled up, you still don't need to give two shits on your PK-character. Here's why:
PK-character dies, gets looted, loses skillpoints etc.

One character: oh shit that's gonna take a while to replace, and I can't trade easily cause of my alignment, so I have to keep a stash around somewhere for extra gear, or steal it from some unsuspecting player despite not having gear to properly attack him with... thug life man.

Multiple Characters: Oh I died, well I guess I'll transfer some gear from my crafter and put this guy back under mentor/training while I play on my 4th PK-character for a while, he's got his skills back up by now right? Time to kill some more bitchez, thug life lol.

I hope I've illustrated my point clearly in this respect.

Yours truly -The Pope

P.S. I voted for option nr. 3, I think 20-30 E for getting character of the newbie island is reasonable, if only because you're not a triple A game and you need people's confidence to ask for any higher than 20-30 E if you're not, which you can gain by asking low price and selling large quantity rather than high price of sales.
When in doubt, lower the price, but don't go below 15 E or people will think game is too cheap to be any good.

P.P.S. new post above me while I was typing, if alignment is ACCOUNT rather than character-bound (same for land-claim) then I could see Alts working just fine. That's a good suggestion tbh.
Last edited by Dailato on 28 Jan 2014, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 28 Jan 2014, 19:39

Since i played cRPG for quite some time i have my view on characters based on this game.
While it is reasonable to pay for every single character it might not be practical. I know i am going to be an archer, but playing single class can become dull and uniform after some time.
I say use the "main" and "alternative" characters system. So with 1st purchase (of 20e as u stated) you would get your main character and also an alternative (alt). Alt char could have some limitations (i dont have anything to offer about this idea but let it float) but would allow you to experience other classes.

But if you want to do the full extent of your "alt" then you would need to pay the other price (10e as stated).

cRPG uses "Skip the fun" character system as well where u start as lvl 30 (out of 36) and can experiment and do the respec when ever you like and test various things but you cannot gain any experience with it. Something like that could be introduced as well (if possible and if it fits the game) with some changes so that the game doesnt "break".

I think 20e for the game (getting a char to the main continent is buying the game right?) is really acceptable. I was expecting more (30e), but since i dont have a lot of money i find 20e quite pleasing. :)

My poll choice was the last one (for now).
Last edited by En_Dotter on 28 Jan 2014, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:40

Kuroi wrote:yeah cause people make game just for fun LOL

MO is pay to play, it has a monthly subscription fee as well

if you don't pay then you get the free trial restrictions and that's not really "the game"

Well said mate.
20 € then play for free forever is a very cheap price.
Last edited by Kdchan on 28 Jan 2014, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Played:
Ultima Online
EvE

Straya

Post by Straya » 28 Jan 2014, 19:40

I don't undertsand why you woulnd't just pay €10 more for a alt....?

if your making a alt after playing or maxing your main
you Obvioulsy Love the game enough to make another alt? thus u should be willing to pay a petty pay of €10.... :good:

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:45

Find me a true sandbox game, ffa pvp full loot where you just pay 20 € and play for free forever.
Some people really don't have a clue, 20 € is a very low and affordable price, and thanks to this you can avoid in a certain degree multi-accounts and hackers.
Played:
Ultima Online
EvE

Palewulf
Beta Tester

Post by Palewulf » 28 Jan 2014, 19:50

I will play only one character, so my vote in this poll would skew the results.

Did not vote.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 28 Jan 2014, 19:51

I chose the last option solely for the reason that I think the whole alt system should be reconsiderd. We had some discussions about this on PW (A MB RP mod). You can be the worst asshole and have everyone hate you, but when you are tired of being like that you just change your name and start all over again... Reputation should matter, changing your name shouldn't be possible (save for clan-tags of course). I consider the price for the ticket reasonable though, if this game turns out as planned, selling the tickets for less than 20€ would be a shame IMO.

Sincerely, Balariand

EDIT: I think submitting my vote was pretty stupid in the first place :pardon: You may want to subtract 1 vote off the last choice ^^

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 19:53

Indeed if it was for me you can have only 1 character per account, best way to handle everything, from pkers to the whole game economy.

1 account x 1 character x combat skill cap x crafting skill cap BEST WAY, imo.
Played:
Ultima Online
EvE

P0stpwned

Post by P0stpwned » 28 Jan 2014, 19:54

There are serious problems with alts in games like this. People use them as mules/vaults to protect their goods. People will have an alt just to go around killing people randomly (thus making the alignment system worthless). Other problems.

For this reason I'd love to have a payment for every alt. If people are going to use alts for things like that the game might as well benefit financially.

Having said that, the price is a little steep. Maybe I'd be more comfortable if the Canadian Dollar wasn't doing so badly right now vis-a-vis the Euro.

Shirokurokage

Post by Shirokurokage » 28 Jan 2014, 19:58

yes, if its not too too much.

Drenai
Alpha Tester

Post by Drenai » 28 Jan 2014, 19:59

I believe the price is reasonable, however I always hoped we could eventually master everything on one character, considering what you are potentially planning, I guess we won't be able to do that, since LiF will have less money.

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 28 Jan 2014, 20:24

Drenai wrote: however I always hoped we could eventually master everything on one character

Christ, no another Darkfall please where everyone is master warrior/bower/mage/crafter fucking up the whole game turning it to a big quake arena.

The best way to handle the economy is to limit how much you can learn both from combat and crafting skills, or pure merchants and crafters will never be an option, neither the trading and the economy will.

Hopefully Bobik know what to do and leaned very well from games like Darkfall where the economy is pratically zero.
MO is another example of a good game economy because of a good skill cap system.
Played:
Ultima Online
EvE

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 28 Jan 2014, 20:34

Yes, I've voted for agreeing with the system and even raising the prices. And you know why? Because multi-chars thing is something I consider not necessary for a word like this: You create a char, You train it the way You feel it to be best. You don't like the set of skills, You rearrange them IMHO. That's it.

If You wish to have few chars - pay more. Seems reasonable to me considering the concept.
QUAERO TOTUS

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 28 Jan 2014, 20:41

Sting5 wrote:Yes, I've voted for agreeing with the system and even raising the prices. And you know why? Because multi-chars thing is something I consider not necessary for a word like this: You create a char, You train it the way You feel it to be best. You don't like the set of skills, You rearrange them IMHO. That's it.

If You wish to have few chars - pay more. Seems reasonable to me considering the concept.

QFT

Return to General Discussion