Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Arrakis

Re: Important Poll

Post by Arrakis » 18 May 2016, 19:20

Mawdeeps wrote:Hey just heard about this it looks awesome. I would be happy to pay for additional slots. but if I buy the lif:yo game I heard you you geta free 1 time tranfer in the mmo is this true?
Clarification: Character ≠ Slot

You create character → You purchase one time use transfer 'ticket' → You use that ticket on that character and start your journey on the main continent, without restrictions.

This ticket once used is gone and you can't retrieve it by deleting character. If that would be a slot, some people would just screw around and piss off other players without any penalty whatsoever, because they would just delete their characters and create new ones.

And yes, owners of LiF:YO will receive one such ticket/character for free. ;)

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 18 May 2016, 20:03

Arrakis09 wrote:
Mawdeeps wrote:Hey just heard about this it looks awesome. I would be happy to pay for additional slots. but if I buy the lif:yo game I heard you you geta free 1 time tranfer in the mmo is this true?
Clarification: Character ≠ Slot

You create character → You purchase one time use transfer 'ticket' → You use that ticket on that character and start your journey on the main continent, without restrictions.

This ticket once used is gone and you can't retrieve it by deleting character. If that would be a slot, some people would just screw around and piss off other players without any penalty whatsoever, because they would just delete their characters and create new ones.

And yes, owners of LiF:YO will receive one such ticket/character for free. ;)

With this concept is it really necessary to allow multiple characters? I really fancy the concept of having your name mean everything. This way if they screwed up and had to delete it then would need to pay to cross again, I like this idea a lot. Multiple characters as I have the money for as many as I want really subtracts realism and the importance of being who I set out to be the first time around.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 30 May 2016, 01:22

20 euros for buying the complete game is a good price. 10 euros for having an alt is quite a lot, i would personally never pay more than 5 euros. And please don't use a monthly fee system, just learn from other's mistakes and don't do the same, i never player ESO until it became b2p. A server of 100k people would be useless with only 2k hardcore players in it . It would kill the trade, the gameplay and the software house work and income. Just my opinion.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 30 May 2016, 12:01

TheBruce wrote:20 euros for buying the complete game is a good price. 10 euros for having an alt is quite a lot, i would personally never pay more than 5 euros. And please don't use a monthly fee system, just learn from other's mistakes and don't do the same, i never player ESO until it became b2p. A server of 100k people would be useless with only 2k hardcore players in it . It would kill the trade, the gameplay and the software house work and income. Just my opinion.

The way I understood it the game was free to download, you can run around newbie island, then it's 10 bucks per character you want to send on the mainland.
Seems fair and 10$ is very cheap when you look at the quality of the game, and that way people won't make many alt characters and will have to deal with consequences of their actions. And it promotes player interactions.
Spoiler

Airco

Post by Airco » 30 May 2016, 19:00

10$ i was thinking it was 20ish?
meh will see (10$ would indeed be cheap as most mmorpgs are 10ish/month , 20ish sounds like a fair price)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Docere
Alpha Tester

Post by Docere » 01 Jun 2016, 09:21

20 € is for your first character. And then if you want to have more than one character you will have to pay 10 € each.

That's what Bobik sait in the first Post:

Once the player feels ready for a big world, a single payment of 20 Euro will transfer his main toon to the main land (just like it would if you’ve bought the full game).
If a player wishes to bring over additional toons for more versatility, he will be charged 10 Euros for each one (this amount could be less depending on different offers, deals or discounts).

I personnaly find that they should keep 20 € for each character. No matter how many you have...

Houndie

Post by Houndie » 05 Jun 2016, 02:41

[quote="Docere"]20 € is for your first character. And then if you want to have more than one character you will have to pay 10 € each.

Yea not interested in this kind of pay to play for different characters. I like alts and this would be sucky

RSilience

Post by RSilience » 12 Jun 2016, 22:49

I'm very afraid people will just buy those ALT's to PK with them.
Please add a account bound honor status.

This will prevent players from creating PK characters.

Lapantino
Devoted Believer

Post by Lapantino » 13 Jun 2016, 14:58

I find it completely surreal and super unfair because those who do not pay will not be on an equal footing, is basically pay to win
ultimately

Darkhorg

Post by Darkhorg » 13 Jun 2016, 16:37

I'm very sad about this, what will happen to players that support game since first day? That bought the game in early acess? I'm one of those players, i maked the suggestion of different weathers to, many others players felt bad about this. Is unfair to pay for the first caracter 20€ when you support the game so long time! In my opinion the players that bought the game ages ago and support since forever can be allowed to take their first caracter for free in main continente or with discount like 10 euros. The others that support the game after he been released in steam should pay the normal price. Or other suggestion! If you concerned about pk's why you dnt charge 10 euros for the first caracther for everyone and more than that you charge 30 euros! This will make players rethink about create pk's caracters.

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 04 Jul 2016, 05:57

AstroFerret wrote:
Lapantino wrote:I find it completely surreal and super unfair because those who do not pay will not be on an equal footing, is basically pay to win
ultimately

How is this pay to win? Or do you mean "I'm broke but want a bunch of alts and thus am annoyed other people can RP with alts but I can't."?

Let's break it down.

Everyone plays on newbie island.
Those who wanna go to the mainland pay 20$
After a while, if they so choose, they can pay 10$ for an alt(1) (Not a slot).

Now then, take in consideration how long it takes to level up a character in Feudal:YO (Excluding those wimpy cheat servers with 10x progress and 2000 Skill Points.) at 1x. Most won't want to have to deal with it again, as the mainstay of this game is "working together". Those who will buy an alt or two will probably use them to play with other skills and try something new. This extra charge is meant to be a protection system, as most trolls/PKers don't want to put in money just to mess with people. You pay for access to the mainland, not godly weapons, fancy shoes, and epic guns. Not Pay To Win....

If they use the pay per character model then I see this going the way of Salem aka Dodo.

Like all MMO's using this method, you get gank killed by someones ALT and you can never find that character cause they log off after a NooB killing spree for their fun. This kills the new comers more than making it fun and why would people come to a game like that when there is F2P or other constant respawn if died MMOs out there.

Think they need to find a better revenue stream.

Giopriest

Post by Giopriest » 21 Jul 2016, 19:24

im even fine with monthly fee like wow have .. i really dont mind (you can still have newbie island who is free to play ... i just dont want to see any pay to win system (like ways to get faster skills back with real money or special resources etc.). Like 95% + friends i knwo playing this game (25-30 ppl) dont want to see any pay to win system will only 3-5 ppl dont want to see monthly fee (i really dont mind ... i know money is important for development and ther are servers and you need to live from something to) ... i just dont want to see and some one getting more from 3 time lees time spend in game from me cos he want to spend 100€ monthly in this game will i dont want spend more then 10-15€ ... obviously i cant change if you chose that kind of system but defo i wont spend any time in that kind of game.

Kaienmuerte
Beta Tester

Post by Kaienmuerte » 30 Jul 2016, 14:48

I think that payment model should be following:
announced price for the FIRST character
and
MUCH HIGHER price for every NEXT character slot.

It will either dump benefits from having multiple characters or just boost the budget of the Game developers.

Askiir
Alpha Tester

Post by Askiir » 07 Aug 2016, 04:47

First character should be free for all the alpha testers, appart from that if I was not an alpha tester id happily pay again to get access, money makes the world go around after all :friends:

“Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 07 Aug 2016, 11:12

Askiir wrote:First character should be free for all the alpha testers...

All owners of LiF:YO will receive one, free character. ;)

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 17 Aug 2016, 15:51

Arrakis09 wrote:
Askiir wrote:First character should be free for all the alpha testers...

All owners of LiF:YO will receive one, free character. ;)

First of all, I want to say this seems fair to me. I played a good deal of LiF:YO and I can understand, why someone would like to spec more than one character. I just hope the level caps aren't too low and we can respec on the fly like in :YO. But for the hardcore players, who want to master every craft, this system offers a way to buy another character and make him complimentary to the first.

Secondly - and I apologize for not having read everything and maybe having overlooked the reply to this already - but: does the character I have in LiF:YO gets transfered, or will it be a fresh spawn? Because I took quite a while to get to my current level and some of it will feel very much like a grind to do again. I have friends, who never even played :YO and are simply waiting for the MMO. I'd find it nice, if our (my) actual character, which I played for hundreds of hours with would appear in the MMO as is.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Aug 2016, 19:20

Kapustin_Yar wrote:does the character I have in LiF:YO gets transfered, or will it be a fresh spawn?

No. These are two separate games. It would make no sense to transfer characters from a game with whole bunch of servers with different settings and ability to max everything out in seconds with gm commands. :crazy:

SammyWest

Post by SammyWest » 19 Sep 2016, 03:14

I would not buy another character if it cost money. We waited for such a long time with this game already and its gonna be at such a low skill cap, that I believe its very unfair to the players who waited this long to charge for characters when they already bought the game. I believe a fair character limit would be maybe 3 - 4 character slots at the beginning rather then just one. And then if players wanted to buy more I could be happy with that. However, as for the current situation, i think its more of a money grab then anything as it forces players to go one direction or another with it.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Sep 2016, 03:29

SammyWest wrote:I would not buy another character if it cost money. We waited for such a long time with this game already and its gonna be at such a low skill cap, that I believe its very unfair to the players who waited this long to charge for characters when they already bought the game. I believe a fair character limit would be maybe 3 - 4 character slots at the beginning rather then just one. And then if players wanted to buy more I could be happy with that. However, as for the current situation, i think its more of a money grab then anything as it forces players to go one direction or another with it.

It's made for 2 main reasons:
1) to limit griefing if you have to pay real 20 euros to reroll your negative alignment after going on killing spree
2) finance the game to avoid subscription based model or p2w microtransactions

You know if I payed 20 Euros for LiF:YO and got 1 000 hours I will happily pay 20 or even 40 more in the MMO that will give me different gameplay. I payed more to games I played literally 10 or more time less. But I will buy 2nd character only for crafting that will have intelect, grandmasters and never leave the castle walls, while the first is PvP one that will die, but still keep positive alignment by fighting enemies instead of griefing randomers. The only reason I can think of 3rd character is to grief enemy guilds, go robbing merchants and such kind of activity.

Why would any player actually need 3-4 characters instead of 1 and optionally 2 for grandmasters (that are not really a thing, just bragging rights) for normal gameplay?

SammyWest

Post by SammyWest » 19 Sep 2016, 04:06

I understand the reasons, I just don't agree with those reasons. Also, there will still be griefing weather or not there is character control or not. Griefers will just be more careful how they do it and more selective. So rather then out right seeing there harassment, It would be more political and behind the scenes either way. So weather or not they have this system like that, there will be griefing. Id rather have the players out right grief you so you can identify it easily, rather then the long term sleeper trolls and stuff.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Sep 2016, 04:35

SammyWest wrote:I understand the reasons, I just don't agree with those reasons. Also, there will still be griefing weather or not there is character control or not. Griefers will just be more careful how they do it and more selective. So rather then out right seeing there harassment, It would be more political and behind the scenes either way. So weather or not they have this system like that, there will be griefing. Id rather have the players out right grief you so you can identify it easily, rather then the long term sleeper trolls and stuff.

There will always be griefing, it's about how common and how frequent it is. You probably never fully came across the creativity levels in LiF:YO that are possible with no limits.

Political and behind of scenes is normal - guilds will always find reasons to fight each other, but that's selective and they will deal with each other and their alliances. That's politics and war, not griefing. Griefing would be players killing every noob leaving the protected central city as longterm activity or have KOS everywhere all the time instead of just your enemies.

But you didn't answer why would you need 3-4 characters for normal gameplay. I said how I can use up to 3, but I really need one 1, the other two are extras I will pay for (character with grandmasters and "griefer" for trololo raids and merchants robbing when in mood).

SammyWest

Post by SammyWest » 19 Sep 2016, 04:46

All due respect, your wrong with that assumption. I joined guilds and wars, and have had pretty impressive skirmishes and pvp. I have seen the full potential of not just one, but multiple villages that did really well, all to be wiped because of server resets. They withstood the tests of time until griefer clans and devs started messing with the bases, and pretty much destroying everything for no reason.

I personally try to keep my allignment up, but when you go on raids with your guild and friends, its hard not to avoid combat. Especially when you build all day, craft, and do taming and all that other stuff. You gotta do something else other wise you loose your initial interest and investment.

The reason i say 3 - 4 character slots is for people that want to explore other skill trees to completion. I mean come on. 600 skill cap is pretty unfair to those who want to be hermits and just build for them selves. I understand this is a kingdom game though and for those who want to work with other kingdoms while being able to have a character hermit for a while, is not too much to ask.

Also, each player should be able to have a pvp player, so that way they can blow off steam with out having to spend money to reset there character do to fear of loosing skill points. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Allignment meter is quite unfair to those who want to be mercenaries and help out fighting.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Sep 2016, 05:07

SammyWest wrote:All due respect, your wrong with that assumption. I joined guilds and wars, and have had pretty impressive skirmishes and pvp. I have seen the full potential of not just one, but multiple villages that did really well, all to be wiped because of server resets. They withstood the tests of time until griefer clans and devs started messing with the bases, and pretty much destroying everything for no reason.

I personally try to keep my allignment up, but when you go on raids with your guild and friends, its hard not to avoid combat. Especially when you build all day, craft, and do taming and all that other stuff. You gotta do something else other wise you loose your initial interest and investment.

The reason i say 3 - 4 character slots is for people that want to explore other skill trees to completion. I mean come on. 600 skill cap is pretty unfair to those who want to be hermits and just build for them selves. I understand this is a kingdom game though and for those who want to work with other kingdoms while being able to have a character hermit for a while, is not too much to ask.

Also, each player should be able to have a pvp player, so that way they can blow off steam with out having to spend money to reset there character do to fear of loosing skill points. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Allignment meter is quite unfair to those who want to be mercenaries and help out fighting.

You forget the main difference between LiF:YO and the LiF:MMO - the political system. Declare war on your neighbour and go spawnkill them 24/7 if you can - you will lose 0 alighment, because you two are at war now untill you sign peace. If you simply kill random guy that's just passing by the village (without entering the claim) you will lose aligment as that's banditism, not a war.
I'm mainly PvP player and I will fight with the main character that will have up to 90 skills (which are easy to level with 5.5 food) as I don't plan to kill randomers - just raid/kill enemies my guild declares war on and defend our claim (you won't lose alighment when the enemy is marked with trespasser, so they can't grief your alighment by attacking you in your own claim).

For the skillcap - first of all you can't put up a claim like in LiF:YO unless you are in guild of at least 10 players. The personal claim is small (house and 1 workshop probably) and you have to set it in a guild's countryside claim - so you have to deal with some landlord (guildleader). That will mean some kind of rent vs protection and trade.
So if you want to build your own village there is LiF: your own and the devs stated they don't expect everyone in the MMO - the creative RP-PVE guys who prefer to build for themself won't feel good in the MMO game that is focused on kingdoms and politics and will stay in LiF:YO.

Otageeku

Post by Otageeku » 09 Oct 2016, 11:00

Honestly ... I just hope that players like me who bought LIF:YOWN will not be charged 20 euros for the first character ... Because, i'll cry :D

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Oct 2016, 11:28

Otageeku wrote:Honestly ... I just hope that players like me who bought LIF:YOWN will not be charged 20 euros for the first character ... Because, i'll cry :D

No worries. Every LiF:YO owner will get to start the adventure in the MMO with one character. ;)

Trg_Apothecary
True Believer

Post by Trg_Apothecary » 30 Nov 2016, 20:41

So i think i linked my account to my steam one showing i own the other 2 games. how do i find a code to create a chracter. do i still need to buy one of the packages

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Nov 2016, 21:00

As verified owner of LiF:YO will receive access upon start of CBT Wave #2.

RickySpanish
True Believer

Post by RickySpanish » 10 Apr 2017, 18:18

Arrakis wrote:
Otageeku wrote:Honestly ... I just hope that players like me who bought LIF:YOWN will not be charged 20 euros for the first character ... Because, i'll cry :D

No worries. Every LiF:YO owner will get to start the adventure in the MMO with one character. ;)

Does this mean if we bought the MMO we get 10 characters on the mainland without paying more?

Bobik wrote:It is VERY important to understand a difference between two systems.
Additional character slots that can be used many time to create a new character, play it, then delete it and create a new one. It is how in MO if I'm not wrong.
In our case you should pay for EVERY new created character that you want to see on a main land, no matter how many slots do you have.

You'll lose a lot of players if they have to pay for every character; only true fanatics will go for that idea (ultimately crippling the game's longevity). You guys are better off with a sub for 10/mo allowing all character slots

Schalkan
Devoted Believer

Post by Schalkan » 10 Apr 2017, 20:51

i think is good to pay for 1 char and can play alll day all month long
AND wen you let all players have 10 chars you dont need to settel in big groups so you have 1 char for building 1 miner and and and
sooo you have a char that is importen to you and your frinds!
and if you have 10 chars you can just 1 char for bandit thinks

i think is good soo

Dokuwan
True Believer

Post by Dokuwan » 06 May 2017, 12:14

wait what? So u get the -50 permanent criminal aligment from just 1 kill? I thought u had to murder 3 ppl to get it, i read it somewhere.

And btw the aligment gets wiped like everything else before beta 2 right?

Return to General Discussion