Increase player limit on YO

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Increase player limit on YO

Post by Elusiven » 13 Dec 2015, 00:57

Hi

I'm wondering why you guys don't try to change the Torque3D player limit to something like 80 or 100? The engine can easily run probably about 200 players. This game is quite big in terms of networking so I know it might be hard to analyze how many players it can actually run. At least give us an option to change it, on our responsibility. I've been having a look at the default.cs.dso file and it contains the setting variable which is responsible for max amount of players in the engine, altering that will not work so you guys must have done something else to it.

Can I have a response please? Thanks
Head Administrator of medievalkingdoms.eu

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Increase player limit on YO

Post by Khan- » 13 Dec 2015, 09:34

it is not a torque3D limit...

for the MMO, a MMO block is the same size as your own map... but will accept at the same time at least 500 players, then you can see the YO map could welcome 500+ players... but there is the sea, big mountain etc... lack of living place...

and, MMO server will be supported and hosted by devs, here, server are mostly private, and then sometimes server can barely keep 64 players without lags...

+ sawwon told about modders working on the player limit, thinking they are near to unlock the 128 player....
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 13 Dec 2015, 18:47

Modded? How if the player limit is compiled into .cs.dso? You can't decompile those files. Untorque doesn't work anymore.

64 even for this map is not enough, trust me. I run a pretty big server and 64 is just not enough for us... the map still has some space left.

Btw. I never said that it's a torque3d limit... In fact it doesn't have a hard-coded limit. The Max Players variable is stored in defaults.cs.dso file. It depends on the networking optimization of the game.

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Rikkarth

Post by Rikkarth » 13 Dec 2015, 19:32

One thing is true, YO servers player capacity has to be increased, we will still wait for the MMO quite a while and 64 (players) servers are not enough anymore.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Dec 2015, 20:14

i'm not a modder, I cannot help you with that, go on the modding forum
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 14 Dec 2015, 09:44

Well i'm telling you now at this point you cannot increase the player limit or mod it. You can't decompile cs.dso files and as far as i am aware the torque3d engine stores the maxplayer information there.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 14 Dec 2015, 12:41

You cannot increase 64 players limit with mods in current(1.0.0.11) LiF:Yo version.

Helcaraxe

Post by Helcaraxe » 10 Jan 2016, 19:11

Is it still not possible?

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 10 Jan 2016, 19:30

first they should bring a 64bit server version, than u can talk about increase playerlimit,
around 2600MB RAM usage on a win2012 rootserver is way too low for more than 40 players on server if ur world is more than 2 months old and full with objects and much terraforming,
i love how ppl often start a new server and call out, come to me, i have the best server, and will never lag,
yea in a fresh world, but it will turn if ur world get stressed after few weeks

Airco

Post by Airco » 10 Jan 2016, 20:09

as custodian sayd u can not mod the playerlimit,
so far i seen rumors of some server where playerlimit was showing as 108 slots bhut it couldent hold more than 64players anyway
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 12 Jan 2016, 16:38

Airco wrote:as custodian sayd u can not mod the playerlimit,
so far i seen rumors of some server where playerlimit was showing as 108 slots bhut it couldent hold more than 64players anyway

Before the official release of YO, it was possible, I believe, but no longer.

would love to see this feature though. A lot of us have spent significant money on dedicated servers to try and run a good server but often bugs in the game ruins it

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2016, 17:00

I'd prefer seeing it utilizing multiple cores. That would improve performance by a lot.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Helena

Post by Helena » 10 Apr 2017, 08:41

any updates about increasing the player limit?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 11 Apr 2017, 00:49

We won't be doing it, sorry :(

Teleon
Mod Developer

Post by Teleon » 11 Apr 2017, 16:49

I can not understand this. The hole community want's that since years. :fool:

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 16 Apr 2017, 18:23

Arrakis wrote:We won't be doing it, sorry :(

I sort of understand the reasoning, it just seems like the YO community is slowly dying.

The only thing spiking recent player count is custom maps, and that was a community mod.

Large groups want to play against other large groups, and yes that's what the MMO is for, however a lot of players are simply moving on to other games and writing off LIF forever.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 16 Apr 2017, 21:50

I think it's pretty clear that the devteam doesn't want to expend effort on increasing the playercap for LIFYO or allowing modders to do it because, among other things, that would mean less revenue.

LIFYO doesn't have the same business model that the MMO does (The MMO can generate continuous money via microtrans and cosmetics) and once the MMO is out LIFYO would just be drawing people who like medieval sandbox games away from the MMO.

After all, from a player point of view why play a game with a cap of 64 players when you can play a massive MMO experience with thousands?

And why have players play a game that they buy once when you can have them pay to play the game their way on a continuous basis?

Return to General Discussion