Increase player limit on YO

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Re: Increase player limit on YO

Post by HolyCrusader » 12 Jan 2016, 16:38

Airco wrote:as custodian sayd u can not mod the playerlimit,
so far i seen rumors of some server where playerlimit was showing as 108 slots bhut it couldent hold more than 64players anyway

Before the official release of YO, it was possible, I believe, but no longer.

would love to see this feature though. A lot of us have spent significant money on dedicated servers to try and run a good server but often bugs in the game ruins it

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2016, 17:00

I'd prefer seeing it utilizing multiple cores. That would improve performance by a lot.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Helena

Post by Helena » 10 Apr 2017, 08:41

any updates about increasing the player limit?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 11 Apr 2017, 00:49

We won't be doing it, sorry :(

Teleon
Mod Developer

Post by Teleon » 11 Apr 2017, 16:49

I can not understand this. The hole community want's that since years. :fool:

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 16 Apr 2017, 18:23

Arrakis wrote:We won't be doing it, sorry :(

I sort of understand the reasoning, it just seems like the YO community is slowly dying.

The only thing spiking recent player count is custom maps, and that was a community mod.

Large groups want to play against other large groups, and yes that's what the MMO is for, however a lot of players are simply moving on to other games and writing off LIF forever.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 16 Apr 2017, 21:50

I think it's pretty clear that the devteam doesn't want to expend effort on increasing the playercap for LIFYO or allowing modders to do it because, among other things, that would mean less revenue.

LIFYO doesn't have the same business model that the MMO does (The MMO can generate continuous money via microtrans and cosmetics) and once the MMO is out LIFYO would just be drawing people who like medieval sandbox games away from the MMO.

After all, from a player point of view why play a game with a cap of 64 players when you can play a massive MMO experience with thousands?

And why have players play a game that they buy once when you can have them pay to play the game their way on a continuous basis?

Return to General Discussion