Increasing your alpha testing participation odds

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Bobik
Project Leader

Re: Increasing your alpha testing participation odds

Post by Bobik » 11 Feb 2014, 17:18

Shealladh wrote:
Bobik wrote:Well, you can just make those changes and that's all. It is wiki and supposed to be treated as wiki. We do not even host it (Curse.com is making that for us). So feel free to make any changes, discussions, articles, that you think needs to be made.

Just made a donation and looking forward to getting in and helping out.

From Melbourne Australia and MMO's out there are getting boring, so I'll start editing some of the pages on wiki for more hyperlinks to other pages and then look at helping make the data more appealing to newcomers.

Would you like more diagrams and tables or even more organisational types of stuff on wiki?

Well, diagrams and tables are always fun :) But again, it is all up for players. Content of wiki is made by players and for players, I doubt we will have time to moderate and update it ourselves. At least not in nearest future.

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 13 Feb 2014, 10:00

Bobik wrote:Well, diagrams and tables are always fun :) But again, it is all up for players. Content of wiki is made by players and for players, I doubt we will have time to moderate and update it ourselves. At least not in nearest future.

Good to know, I do like the more technical aspects of gaming. I will be adding to the wiki if I get the chance to test, even after launch will be too.

I had a could of questions I cannot find though;

From data on wiki with relation to the cells, they're 2x2m, and all the items are listed as # length. Is this item length in m?

The other is the measure of Stone, as in weight, how does this work in regards to weight and measures.

I'd like to add more details on wiki

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 14 Feb 2014, 15:21

Shealladh wrote:
Bobik wrote:Well, diagrams and tables are always fun :) But again, it is all up for players. Content of wiki is made by players and for players, I doubt we will have time to moderate and update it ourselves. At least not in nearest future.

Good to know, I do like the more technical aspects of gaming. I will be adding to the wiki if I get the chance to test, even after launch will be too.

From data on wiki with relation to the cells, they're 2x2m, and all the items are listed as # length. Is this item length in m?

The other is the measure of Stone, as in weight, how does this work in regards to weight and measures.

Length could be rather called as "size". It have no particular measure unit it is just size of an item and size of container. If "sword", for instance, have size=6 then it will never fit into "pouch" size=3.

One Stone can be roughly imagined as a one kilogram. Every container have a weight limit in stones. So you cant fit a lot of items if the sum of their weights is bigger then the weight parameter of that container.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 14 Feb 2014, 21:58

Bobik wrote:
One Stone can be roughly imagined as a one kilogram. Every container have a weight limit in stones. So you cant fit a lot of items if the sum of their weights is bigger then the weight parameter of that container.

Ummm. Now am i bit disappointed. :(
When i read stone as a measurement of mass i was hoping it would be a real stone measurement (no matter if its an English stone or Scottish or German or w/e other stone...). Now when u say it would roughly be 1kg im a bit sad.
Could you please consider changing ur stone unit to any of the real ones or switch to kg? :D
There is no Stone as a mass unit that goes below 3kg as far as im informed. If there is a stone that is ~1kg please give me the link cus i always wanna learn more.
<3

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Feb 2014, 11:44

Pffft :) Everything in our world is measured in Stones. That is our fictional measure of weight and there is NO other measures in game. You can imagine it to be equal to any real life measure you wish.

I mean, that won't change anything. Your sack will be able to hold let's say 10 Stones of items and your sword will be 1.2 Stones of weight, so you will be able to carry 8 swords in that sack and no more. Who cares if it is killograms, x3 kilograms or even a ton? :)

Sensei
Alpha Tester

Post by Sensei » 15 Feb 2014, 13:19

Yeah - for me I'll imagine a stone is 10 tons and I'm Superman......or Batman......or....

Well...someone supercool that can carry loads.....

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 15 Feb 2014, 13:25

Theres a ton of gravity and were all super heroes. :)
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 15 Feb 2014, 18:50

Bobik wrote:Pffft :) Everything in our world is measured in Stones. That is our fictional measure of weight and there is NO other measures in game. You can imagine it to be equal to any real life measure you wish.

I mean, that won't change anything. Your sack will be able to hold let's say 10 Stones of items and your sword will be 1.2 Stones of weight, so you will be able to carry 8 swords in that sack and no more. Who cares if it is killograms, x3 kilograms or even a ton? :)

DAMN YOU BOBIIIIIIIIK!!!!
Its not enough for you that i have to learn tons of measurments due to the nature of the science im doing and now i gotta learn new measures... AAAAAA!!! :fool:
Your answer made me rly happy btw :)

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 27 Feb 2014, 21:07

Bobik wrote:
Shealladh wrote:

Length could be rather called as "size". It have no particular measure unit it is just size of an item and size of container. If "sword", for instance, have size=6 then it will never fit into "pouch" size=3.

Thanks Bobik for the explanation.

So for example, the weight has mass as well as volume per Kilo aka Stone.

Length is just a yard stick, depending on the item in question.

Reason I asked is I'd like to be able to have the footprint sizes for thing such as buildings and add to the wiki, ie. a House has a footprint "Area" of X.

Then when calculating weight, we would need X amount of carts to carry a Ton of Stone and X amount for a Ton of Feathers :D

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 28 Feb 2014, 13:21

Shealladh wrote:Thanks Bobik for the explanation.

So for example, the weight has mass as well as volume per Kilo aka Stone.

Length is just a yard stick, depending on the item in question.

Reason I asked is I'd like to be able to have the footprint sizes for thing such as buildings and add to the wiki, ie. a House has a footprint "Area" of X.

Then when calculating weight, we would need X amount of carts to carry a Ton of Stone and X amount for a Ton of Feathers :D

You should not consider "length" as a certain measure of actual length. It is just an attribute that is used in inventory system. You can call it "size" or "overall extensions" of an item. So an item of bigger "size" wont fit into a container of a smaller "size".

If you are talking about building footprint - you'd better operate in our in game cells (2*2 meters). You will be able to measure them when you'll get a proper skills in alpha tests. You don't need to build them - getting out a placement menu will be enough for you to see how many cells they are blocking.

Ukosan

Post by Ukosan » 15 Mar 2014, 00:41

I purchased a game that is still in Alpha that I later found had raised over 20 million. During the time I have been playing the game waiting for an invitation to the test phase of this one I had several people take a look at the video's you have placed and this is what is going to happen.

When this game goes up for sale you are going to break record sales bottom line. :beer:

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 16 Mar 2014, 00:10

Bobik wrote:You should not consider "length" as a certain measure of actual length. It is just an attribute that is used in inventory system. You can call it "size" or "overall extensions" of an item. So an item of bigger "size" wont fit into a container of a smaller "size".

Was just trying to expand on things, a lot of things seem to confuse people atm.

Bobik wrote:If you are talking about building footprint - you'd better operate in our in game cells (2*2 meters). You will be able to measure them when you'll get a proper skills in alpha tests. You don't need to build them - getting out a placement menu will be enough for you to see how many cells they are blocking.

Looking forward to doing this in game when/if I get access to alpha.

Going to help Kossako on the wiki with things like this, until I get a chance in Alpha then I'm working on wiki templates and expand my knowledge there.

TimCampbell

Post by TimCampbell » 21 Jun 2014, 16:46

Heys guys :) im looking forward to this game it looks awesome :D, im sure you guys have a lot of people saying this but i would like to get into the pre alpha! :) I am a youtuber with a good gaming computer and the ability to run any game easily, what i want to do is to record some gameplay footage each day for your awesome game :D Sadly right now i do not have enough money to buy the pre alpha.
so here is my youtube channel :P https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhndk ... ztA856PlfQ i have close to 1000 subscribers and climbing!
So it would be amazing if you guys could get me in the alpha for free :) but if not its ok il keep on looking forward to this game

Rageburst
Alpha Tester

Post by Rageburst » 14 Jul 2014, 12:56

Hello! I want to help project as alpha-tester, but :oops: I am not in yet..
So lets play minigame "Check our site".

Found some mistakes in a very first look into info text.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info
Sandbox
5th string
lower ground, flatten it for fuRther building placements,

Realistic-fictional world
9th string
without influence on game desiGN and development processes from outside.

And last one -
, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Some other mistakes to be found. But I prefer to test the LiF, replicate some bugs, report them, etc. :x I was in some closet tests before (CBT Path of Exile for example) and I know what to do.
Let me in!

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 14 Jul 2014, 17:06

Thank you for your help, hunt some more of these and you can consider yourself in ;)

Rageburst
Alpha Tester

Post by Rageburst » 14 Jul 2014, 20:59

Here we go 8-)

development-progression-and-wiki-updates-t1296
6th string
a lot more stable than a few months ago

","
http://lifeisfeudal.com/Key-features
Sandbox (oh again)
4th string
(soil, rock, granite, ore veins, clay, sand, etc.)

Minigames
5th string
or take a look on our tutorial video.

Full loot and free PvP
1st string
PvP varying from free/random encounters to an organized sieges

Death penalties and alignment system
on youR alignment status

Rich crafting system
Crafting system utilizes all types of ingredients

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/S ... -is-Feudal
Skills
3rd string
Combat and Crafting skills each has a separate skill cap
6th string
90 in a few weeks, however, reaching 100
or
90 in a few weeks. However, reaching 100

Minor Skills
1st and 2nd(w/o "a")
increase player's
7th
your realm's name

"is is"
In summary, in terms of the skill/stat system, LiF is an MMORPG

:%)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Jul 2014, 11:54

fixed. Keep em coming ;)

Rageburst
Alpha Tester

Post by Rageburst » 15 Jul 2014, 18:23

Fixed? :(

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/S ... -is-Feudal
Skills
still no ","
6th string
90 in a few weeks. However, reaching 100

Stats
Not sure, but...
3rd string
(recoil time after attacking)
or
(recoil time after performing an attack)

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/M ... -is-Feudal
MASSIVE PVP BATTLES AND SIEGES
5th string
A realm's/kingdom's forces can be made up

Battle
6th string
Winning requires either controlling of the object for a set amount of time
or
Winning requires either controlling of the target for a set amount of time

7th string
they will be immune to the attacks from
10th
enemy's monument - heart of realm.

Monument
oh crap... :%)

Monuments are structures that players must build to claim land, and these monuments are upgradable. The higher level of a monument, the more land a realm can possess. Level one monuments claims the smallest amount of land, but this land is protected. Protected land cannot be raided, damaged or looted.
Higher level monuments will extend your lands, both a protected zone and also an unprotected zone. This unprotected zone CAN be raided by your enemies. Losing battles will downgrade the realm's monument. When a monument reaches level one, that realm's settlement (protected lands) can be sieged.

Please, ask some native english speaker to recheck this creepy a/the thread

last string
uninstanced massive PvP at the realm's settlement and monument.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Jul 2014, 08:14

These articles were written by native English speaker ;) Thank you for your corrections, you're in. :Yahoo!:

Artaus
Beta Tester

Post by Artaus » 07 Aug 2014, 23:07

"Stay-signed in" option doesn't always work
=====================================

Description
----------
When logging in and checking the Stay signed- in option. It does not always keep you signed in. On occurrence when I visit this website, I would be logged out from it.

Cookies are enabled on my browser.

This problem doesn't seem to reproduce at any other forums or websites requiring a sign in from me, with an option to stay signed-in.

Reproducibility
------------
Occasionally - I'd wager it happens roughly once a week or so

Severity
-------
Petty - It's just a preference I have with sites, in-case I forget a password.

Browser
-------
Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m

I think that's all the info I can give. Let me know if there is anything I've missed. It's nothing too big, but I have noticed it for the past few months that I've been a user here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17/08/2014

Also speaking of logging troubles. There appears to be another bug.

Description
----------
If the site has me logged out, and I hover my mouse over the account tab, it appears like I'm logged in, giving me the option to only log out. However, upon clicking the account tab, it takes me to the log-in page, asking me to enter my username and password.

Reproducibility
------------
Unusual - I've noticed it happening more often a couple months ago, but it also just happened today.

Severity
-------
Workable - you can get around it by clicking the account tab and logging-in

Browser
-------
Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m

Stukii
Alpha Tester

Post by Stukii » 29 Aug 2014, 00:35

https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/tutorials.php

Shows a placeholder at source line 257
Spoiler

Right there 3 lines below is a typo, >Skin< capitalized

FAQ section is badly formatted (view pic)

Screenshot section should show 'Ordering' and 'Display Num' options on top of the page.
Also screenshots are not named properly. (order for clicks and you see named shots are preferred :D )

+ Shots from 'Game Info' and 'Key Features' page are much better than from the actual screenshot page.

Carpenty minigame lets you push A,D,leftarrow and rightarrow all simultanously and you saw with ultraspeed

Forging minigame: If you hold the mouse at the very top of the window you can see the tool being cut off at the lower end

Missing the settings for timezones! Makes communitylife much more difficult since I have not even seen which timezone is being used.

Firefox 31.0 W7 64

Return to Feedback Section