MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ciccio

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by Ciccio » 22 Aug 2014, 10:32

521. Once i have claimed a piece of land becoming country, someone from the outside is able to dig tunnels or terraforming around or under my building or my lands?

Yes. Claims are working only on a surface. Everything below it is FFA. But they will not be able to dig out or make any undeground changes that will affect your claimed surface somehow.

Knitler
Alpha Tester

Post by Knitler » 24 Aug 2014, 18:53

522. I guess its an dump question and i can already ask, but ill go for it: So when the MMO is out the characters and server will get reseted from the alpha/beta?

So everyone starts from new and the map is fresh.

Yes, of course. 8-)

Artaus
Beta Tester

Post by Artaus » 27 Aug 2014, 21:47

523. You mentioned an In-game vanity shop where we could spend premium coins for items. Could we buy skins for our armours and clothing? For example the Heavy and Royal Scale armours looks Byzantine or eastern-like in their appearance, could we buy skins to make them look Germanic or Nordic? And if so, since the skins are bought with real life money, are they one time use on an armour or can we put them on as many armours as we want? Would another player be able to take my armour with the skin and keep it?

You will be able to reskin your 90 skill lvl armor into according 100 lvl armor. That will not change its stats, but will change its look. Ofc we plan different looking skins and will do it, when we get time and resources. Currently we plan that reskin will be relatively cheap, but single use only (1 armor piece or 1 full set) and that skinning will disappear if that armor had appeared in inventory of other person, but you. Aka you gave that armor to someone or it was looted from you.

Cheers, :beer:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 28 Aug 2014, 18:21

Will animations be revamped at some point?

Yes, we're constantly doing that. Though there are some technical limitations, because of a complex animation system, when upper body can swing anything and lower body can move anywhere and all of those combinations should look somewhat realistic

I feel that many animations while mostly working as expected still look very stiff. There is hardly any rotation on the upper body when running or walking and while idling your arms simply hang down like a mannequin.
I think with more fluid and natural animations the game would appeal more to players who are used to AAA titles.

Funboy

Post by Funboy » 30 Aug 2014, 02:31

525. for those who support project financially, and had obtained the alpha beta access before of the steam early access, do you plan to migrate the game on their steam account ? how ? or they have to re-pay the entire game ?

It is not clear now yet, but I think that we will simply pass out CD keys.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 31 Aug 2014, 07:06

526. The skill prospecting search the iron only in the cells of the ground visible or also underground?
The iron has a particular texture? (as the sand, forest, etc.)

Prospecting looks for a certain ore in a SPHERE around your character with a given radius. So if there is an ore anywhere in that radius, then you will have a success mesaage. Ore on the terrain surface looks like a common rock. But there is an ore texture underground ofc.
Sorry for my bad English

Knitler
Alpha Tester

Post by Knitler » 31 Aug 2014, 20:48

I know it got asked already - but cause of some alpha testings i cant hold to ask;

With the shield you can already somehow block at directions when facing them. Which is nice, i didnt tested it out with hitboxes, also like the fact that you still lose some HP~

Anyway, quite some ppl are wishing the directional block without a shield which would be like Mount & Blade - i know that you said something about server-ping issues, but if theres that facing with the shield already implemented i think it could be possible to make the directional blocking aswell (i mean the directional attacking is in)

Same with the shield, if you dont face it right you should get hit, so its even more dangerous to block just with your weapon instead of the shield.

So, the actual question is, is there any chance in any way the directional blocking will be implemented?

I guess not. But thanks for answering. ;)

I think we will stick to current directional parry system, where you must face attacker's weapon vector of impact to have a bigger damage mitigation. But everything can change, combat is in quite early stage ATM

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 31 Aug 2014, 21:23

^
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Melee

Both are directional in the same way.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 06 Sep 2014, 19:19

528: is there a first person mode?
Both 1st and 3rd person view modes are available. Can be switched with "C" key.

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 12 Sep 2014, 09:07

529. Will we ever be able to achieve a camera distance like the one you have in this developer's stream? If you click the link below it will bring you to the exact moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SGI#t=3722

This camera distance is much easier on the eyes.

Probably not. It is a holywar topic about 1st and 3rd person view and how 3rd person view allows to look around the corners. Camera in that vid was not just tuned at that time.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 13 Sep 2014, 03:15

530. Currently, when I loot an item (eg. plant fiber), I either have to be in "system" chat, or have the popups turned on to know if I successfully looted it or not. This forces me to open my inventory every single time I perform a task like this to see if the item is there, which is tedious. Are there currently plans to fix this problem? Eg. some sort of small UI animation that shows the item briefly being dropped into a bag (eg. WoW's animation below? The animation is above the bags at the bottom right when he loots something)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax02jn5W ... lpage#t=83

To be honest we had no such plans. There are plenty of options how you can setup your UI in order to see new item appearing. You can use "lock" button on your inventory bag, so it will stay opened even when you're running in freelook mode. You can split chat tabs into a separate chat windows (drag'n'drop) and observe system chat in one window and general chat in another.

We might implement something like that, but there are no certain plans ATM.

531. Are there plans to allow us to customize what we see in chat? Again, it is tedious to have to switch between "system" and "local" in order to see the most important information.

As I've mentioned above - you can drag'n'drop chat tabs and you will be able to see whatever amount of those tabs at once as you wish.
It is quite normal to have small system chat window in order to see 2-3 last system messages and a large chat window to see a general chat.

532. If the above customization is planned, will customizable letter size/and fonts be incorperated as well? Maybe this is more of a MOD..
Good idea, TBH I think we have some options in a chat window "tool" menu. But we will surely expand those possibilities sometime later.

533. I've brought up the issue of a jarring camera when a task is performed (ie. gathering, building, mining). It makes me and some other players that I know a bit naseous when we play! Might there be plans to allow these gathering/non-combat functions to have an optional steady alternative? If not, why not? :)

Yes, we certainly will do something with that. But so far I suggest to switch into 1st person view, while performing those actions - movements of camera should not be so bumpy.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 14 Sep 2014, 16:46

534: you said the mmo will have daily updates and patches to get the new world, about how big will each patch be?
Depends on how many terraforming, building and tree chopping/planting actions players will perform daily. But I don't think it should be large than 1-3 Mb. We have a custom packing algorithm for that data, so it is a bare minimum that will be transferred + our launcher supports p2p transport, so it all should go really fast.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 14 Sep 2014, 21:07

535: when do you plan to restart alpha testing for the mmo?

It was answered many times. We don't know yet - everything depends on LiF:YO success.

Wenth1

Post by Wenth1 » 17 Sep 2014, 13:43

536. there will be any religions in game or no?
maybe real religions like Christianity ?

(only dont give us fictive gods please)

There is already a fictive god.

Bran34
Beta Tester

Post by Bran34 » 18 Sep 2014, 20:14

Will purchasers of LiF:YO recieve any sort of price reduction on LiF:MMO when it comes to fruition, or will we be paying full price for both games?

Yes, currently we plan some kind of refund or discount for LiF:YO owners while accessing LiF:MMO

Wenth1

Post by Wenth1 » 19 Sep 2014, 13:46

what Religion, GOD will be in this game?
his name?
art?

Terrun - a God underground with underground temples and worshipers. No art yet. But you can read more lore on that matter here: http://lifeisfeudal.com/LoreStories/The ... oam-Part-1

Widmo1994

Post by Widmo1994 » 19 Sep 2014, 17:07

Is it a final price for a game?
And another question about MMO. Is there'll be some kind of special 'premium' money in game?
Thank you for your answer.

Which game? Anyway, there will be discount events from a time to time. We plan to call premium currency "God's Favors" - they will allow you to transfer characters from newbie island and some other in game services and vanity items.

Madmaxharl

Post by Madmaxharl » 21 Sep 2014, 14:53

I understand that you will be using a premium form of currency allowing you to leave newbie island but:
Can this currency be spent is a way to give you a significant advantage over others?
and while you explain in the alpha of YO on steam, you will get some currency to play the MMO, is it actually enough to become a permanent player, or will we have to add to it?

No, there will be NO Pay2Win. Currency that you will be able to claim in MMO from LiF:YO will be enough to transfer one character without any additional payments.

Plouf

Post by Plouf » 21 Sep 2014, 15:06

The combat skill are already developped ? Can't find how to increase the armor skills.

Yes, combat is pretty much basic and unpolished and unfinished state. To raise armor you need to be hit in an armored body part.

Bman78
Zealous Believer

Post by Bman78 » 25 Sep 2014, 20:57

Bobik wrote:20) We hasn't decided that yet, but in current plan you'll be able to raise undeground floor level. But you won't be able to fill whole block such way. So ye, if you've screwed - you're done 8)
21) Beds. OR better say any buildings with enough beds in it for an every player to bind there. That will just bring some reason to build residetnial buildings not just for sake of RPing or a safe spot.
22) Siege system gonna be announced later, but it's gonna be something inbetween Shadowbane/Darkfall siege systems.

is this still the case? we can't fill holes from the top down? I know this post was written in 2011 but i haven't found an update to this yet.

Yes, currently it is so. We migh probably introduce a special "local quake tool" that will allow you to collapse a part of a tunnel, so you can dig something new there.

Tyler_Films

Post by Tyler_Films » 26 Sep 2014, 21:58

Is there a planned mac version of this game? If possible can you give me a definite answer., if not possible to give me a definite answer can u give me a % chance.

Xjerseypsycho

Post by Xjerseypsycho » 27 Sep 2014, 10:50

541 (?)

I'm not sure if it has been asked yet, but will we be able to play as both genders? Being a girl forced to play as a male character makes immersion and roleplaying much more difficult, I've found.

We will implement female characters in game - have no worries ;)

WeZeX

Post by WeZeX » 27 Sep 2014, 14:53

Is it safe for us to host the public server? (Ingame it say that we have to turn off our firewall ...) Wont be people able to harm us?

Vorelll

Post by Vorelll » 29 Sep 2014, 10:02

Hi,

if i buy Life is Feudal: Your Own(LiF:YO), I will later have free access to Life is Feudal Sandbox MMORPG (LiF:MMO) ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

AzakielQc

Post by AzakielQc » 01 Oct 2014, 00:52

If i Buy LiF:YO on Steam, Did I will get the LiF:MMO Later or I will need to Buy it?

Seelnon

Post by Seelnon » 01 Oct 2014, 09:47

I was playing LIF:YO for like 80 hours and I have bunch of questions about it.

542. Will there be content outside of Europe/Russia? I mean something like Japanese swords, armor, houses, trees, etc as well as arabian, african, greek, egyptian stuff?

There are already some Byzantium/Mongolian stuff in game

543. Will the timeline be extended to something like 1500-1600 years with mushkets, cannons, etc?
So far we had planned no gunpowder in game. Plans had not changed yet ;)

544. Will there be more stone age stuff and more smoother transition between stick'n'stones and iron age?

It is not like technological advancement. It is just some primitive tools to get going and are designed to be temporary. You are not advancing your civilization somehow it is just a crafting chain ;)

545. Will we get better building system? For now every village feels the same, so will be great to see more like a "panel/block" bulding system for houses. So you don't build the whole premade house, but making it in more creative way by planning how much rooms, floors you want.
I think it will be easy to just separate your premade buildings to different parts and make it more like a "LEGO", so it will bring hell lot of creativity and stuff to do for everyone.

We plan modular housing on some later stages of development.

546. Claims are ok for something like coop, but it feels strange for houses. It says that you need a lock to build a door, so may be it will be easier to have something like a keys? You have a key - you can open a door, don't have one - open it by force.

Land claims should solve all troubles

547. NPC Bandit's villages. I know that you won't make NPCs because of terraforming issues, but what if just make premade villages with premade territorry with walls and NPCs inside of it.
Now we have PvP problems, because when you made a new sword, you WANT to test it, and you go and kill some random guy, not because you want to kill him, but only because you want to test your new sword. So it will be great to have something like a bunch of NPCs to test your sword.
Let's say that kind of village will appear at the middle of nowhere once a day or week. And bandits inside of it have some supplies and resources, but it's not easy to capture, so you need to group up to do so. And after you capture it you can put in on fire and get some alignment, so there won't be hell lot of empty villages and you have stuff to do with your new swords.
And also "warrior" like players will be gathering resources by doing that kind of job.

We plan some "Natives" that will dwell underground and appear randomly and haunt mines. We had a long term plan to implement a certain relic. Once you place that relic in the middle of tunnels maze and activate it, it will start spawning natives in a spherical area around it (big area), turning your tunnels into dungeon. We will work out some bonuses to those, who had managed to pass that dungeon and activate a relic.

548. Will there be mod support? Because LIF:YO feel like it needs some community help to become even more enjoyable with more maps, more stuff to do, more role play, more everything. For example mount and blade still alive because of mods, same with TES, ARMA, Minecraft, etc.

Yes, we will definitely try to add some modding, though it is not that easy as it sounds :(

549. Will there be ship-villages? I know that you are planning to add ships in a later stages, but what about SHIP KINGDOM or stuff like that?

Probably not.

550. Contracts. Will be great to see something like contracts which you can create and sign. And if you don't do something what you should because of signed contratc: your alignment is going down and vise versa.
It will make guild relationship and even Player-Player relationship more politic alike.

It will be really hard to properly track fulfillment of those contracts or they will be quite basic. I'd rather say "no"

551. Food poisoning. Will be great to be able to poison all of enemies food when you are at the state of war with someone. Just give some gold to the enemy's cook ;)

Probably not.

552. Engine optimisation. Looks like trees is taking A LOT of FPS (Because of alpha channel I suppose). And it looks like engine still rendering all the trees even when you don't see it. I was in the tunnel and when I looked up - it was like 15 fps drop %)

We're doing it constantly

553. Will we be able to catch animals without traps? Actual chickens, rabbits in the world, not just inside the traps?

Probably not.

554. Music instruments? Looks like you are planning for arts, statues, etc, but will I be able to make Steinway & Sons grand piano and play it? xD

Might be ;)

555. Alchogol? Drugs? Effects for them? Like CHARGE for alchogol and better art level with cocain?

will see.

556. Weather effects? Now we have only fog and clouds, but what about storms, rain, snow, dust, tornado Oo?

Yes, we will implement more weather sometime soon.

557. Combat. Now we have only 4 direction combat style like M&B do, but what about diagonal attacks? Also double hand weapons, Musashi Miyamoto combat style? (I mean one handed weapon in 2 hands.)
Different combat moves depending on weapon type you have, like no piercing attack, but slashing attack from bottom to top for katana like swords?
Doubt that.

558. Furniture placement. For now you can't place it inside of your house, you need to place it outside of it, then move it inside throught a wall, so this is pretty tricky and pretty annoying to do.

It is planned to be introduced in one of the next patches.

That is it. May be I forgot something, but that some thoughts, questions I got by testing LIF:YO.

Mckaoz

Post by Mckaoz » 04 Oct 2014, 18:10

Hello i will ask the developerts a problem i have

I have a gtx 750 DDR5 1MB, i can play any game with it but suddenly i saw my game was kinda laggy so i opened the video configuration for my surprise the game is running with me integrated GPU (For me surprise i have it disable )

Yes i have the lastest drivers i dont know whats causing the conflict or why LiF doesnt reconize my GPU i will to know

if im the only one with this problem is there any solution??

My GPU is new and this is the only game who doesnt reconize it if you can help me with this problem i will be glad

Leondias

Realistic Weapons

Post by Leondias » 04 Oct 2014, 21:56

not for complaning anything but Polearms arent Anti cav weapons all in all its an all around weapon . expet paritisan which is a Spear and should be under the spear catogery polearm has a pointy standard polearm/ poleaxe has a pointy end the front left side a mashy end against blunt against armour and a axe end for against unarmored apponets

HardcoreShark

Post by HardcoreShark » 06 Oct 2014, 02:49

What level of customisation during character creation will be possible? Would I be able to play as a man or woman, fat or thin, etc?

Didn't find an answer to this on the main FAQ page.

Nanos
True Believer

Post by Nanos » 06 Oct 2014, 11:27

559(?)
When do you plan to enter the alpha/beta stage for the Life is Feudal Sandbox MMorpg?

Next year (2015). Can't say anything more ATM

How you gonna make sure in the MMorpg version that theres trading needed and going on(in the current Your Own Version all requirerd resources are available to a clan in close proximity and with a large amount of supply which is ofc also due to the only 1 tile map but still hopefully theres lots of trading requirerd in the mmorpg for advanced progression)? And related to that which additional resources do you plan to implement for advanced progression to create then rivalry, with those resources being then either very rare or to be found only at a specific part of the world.(may sound trivial on a first look but thats where the endgame later seems me to rely very much on).

We plan to differ climate a lot, that will result some activities to be harder to achieve in some parts of the world. For instance trees will grow very bad in southern/deserted areas, while will have more sources of gold/silver. Northern areas will be rich with wood and iron, but poor with precious metals and farming will not be that good there as in central parts of map.
Once we get closer to MMORPG we might implement some unique resources for different areas to boost trade and give more reasons for battles and sieges

Return to General Discussion