MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Booieann

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by Booieann » 10 Oct 2014, 04:35

Hi, I just found out about the game and having been looking at the website and FAQ. I couldn't find anything on Character Customization or if I could be a female character. So, can I? Or is the only choice a bald white guy?

Full character customization including sex change will be implemented sometime later.

Booieann

Post by Booieann » 10 Oct 2014, 04:43

[quote="Booieann"]Hi, I just found out about the game and having been looking at the website and FAQ. I couldn't find anything on Character Customization or if I could be a female character. So, can I? Or is the only choice a bald white guy?[/quote]
I apologize, I just found out that the game doesn't have either. I'll look forward to when/if it does.
but for now I'd be nice if this was easier to find info.

DeadLy

Post by DeadLy » 10 Oct 2014, 12:19

Hi, i have some trouble about some mechanics. Please be kind that i'm not En, so sorry for my bad english.

561) About houses. When we start a plan for a big house like a big stone house, we need at least 10 doors to finish it. But, when the plan is over and the house is raised, i can't see where the doors are. Their is just the first door and after nothing so why we need so lot of locks for just 1! door on the enter.. ?

We had removed some doors to ease the navigation inside the house.

562) About claim. In referent of the precedent question, only one person can claim a house who has 10 rooms for 10 persons so if we want to secure our resources on our room, just one person can claim ALL the house and have to be constantly connected on the server to open/close the door for us. Won't be more easier that each room have her own door that can be claim by the owner of the room and the "enter" door can't be claimed to prevent any troubles ?

A proper claim system with advanced access system will fix it. Separate doors as separate objects is not an easy thing to do.

563) About warehouse. :cry: Build it and it's just like a small bag we can drop out.. Only one person can claim the warehouse, 10k container and nothing more. So the warehouse is simply useless for a community but just a "design" building..
We will fix lootbags and corpses soon. And will implement decay, so items dropped on floor will decay quite fast. In that case warehouses will be only convenient way to store stuff.

564) About Gate. It's like houses, one person claim a gate for the castle so will we need to raise one gate per person who lived on the vilage ?

Again, proper claim system should fix that.

564) About construct. When we make a plan, all person who have the skill can deconstruct what an another person raised so griefing is easy on some building who need lots of hours for farming like windwill !!

That is why buildings should not be used as a storage of materials. And yet again, proper claim system should fix that.

565) About wall. When we want to around our vilage by walls, we need to make an entire flatten cube with some change. But in case all tera are not very flat like mountain or hill. So it's very disgusting to see a wall of dirt with a wall of stone ! Can't you link wall extremity when the level of soil is not the same ? It will be more nice for eyes and a bit more realistic than a wall of dirt under wall of stone.

Maybe in some far future.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Notenome

Post by Notenome » 15 Oct 2014, 03:15

566- Can minigames please be implemented into Your Own? I see no reason why not to do this.
Yet there are plenty of those. For instance that there is no web backend in LiF:YO servers. We run our own web backend cluster for MMO and there is no way how it can be squeezed into small LiF:YO private servers.

567- Will the linen-flax production chain be rebalanced? Right now a single piece of linen cloth requires 125 flax.

We will look into that.

568- Will some form of jousting be implemented (a la mount and blades couched lance mechanic). Me and my friends plan on building a tourney field as long as horses are ingame.

Yes, most certainly.

569- Will other hostile animals be implemented aside from wolves (boars, bears)?

Yes, they will be soon ;)

Ayphion

Post by Ayphion » 15 Oct 2014, 14:39

570. will we be able to form the following formations?
shield wall
tortoise
Porcupine

there are shape based formations and battle orders. So a circle formation with "Hold your ground" order and with you raising up shields in a certain pattern - there is your turtle formation :) It is already available in the game.

571. will an archer formation be allowed to deploy a pike barricade?

Yes, that is wht 5th skill of ranged combat skills supposed to do - a pike wall.

572. are Siege Towers available to build?

Nope. Not yet.

573. will there be wall mounted siege weaons allowed? (defending)

Doubt that. But we will see later.

574. can we throw hot pitch, oil, water on the "sieging idiots" below one's walls?

Only naphtha

575. could defenders make spike trenches, pitch trenches if given time?
Nope.

576. Siege ladders available? if so can wall defenders push them down (hopefully with people on them).

I personally want them to happen, but it is not yet in a final plan :)

577. flame arrows are implemented; this mean we could burn said siege equimpent that has not adeqet protection IE: by wet skins? gosh.. houses inside?

Flame arrows are not fully implemented (you can craft them, but they deal no dmg). Yes, we will make some type of siege damage with flame arrows and burning, I think

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 16 Oct 2014, 06:55

571. If there is no standard "in-game currency", like gold coins, how will listed goods and armor be purchased from trading posts?

There will be one standard currency. I think it is either misunderstanding or some old answer of mine that made you think that there will be no single currency. It is just yet to be implemented

CirqueDuSolaire

Post by CirqueDuSolaire » 17 Oct 2014, 04:11

So I have a couple questions that I'm not sure were already answered.

578. Will there be moats implemented into the game? And if they are, will they be able to stop tunneling by either drowning those who tunnel directly into it or tunnel underneath it and having a mine collapse?

You can already dig it. If you want to have it filled with water - you need to dig them on the sea level.

579. It was mentioned earlier that when a player starts a new character, they get a block of land or can claim a block of land that nobody else can mess with. I think somebody said it was 100x100, but I could be wrong. My question is for one, is that true? Also, if this is true, will warring clans essentially be unable to attack a player inside their castle since they cannot affect it inside this area?

I suggest you to read more about our claims system on our wiki (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim#)

580. Will players have the ability to customize their shields/banners/clothes with their own designs? I.E. if I had a pattern I wanted to put on my clothes, would I be able to do that, or am I stuck with what we are given?

We plan some advance heraldry generator with ability to apply those on your tabbard and maybe some guild flags and monument.

581. Will there be environmental factors in player health/stamina, such as players wearing heavy armor in desert areas lose stamina far more quickly than those wearing padded armor?

We are thinking about it. I hope that there will be something like that.

582. Will there be events hosted by the developers in the MMO, such as hunts, quests, large-scale PvP sessions, etc?

Most probably yes.

583. The MMO is planned to be 21x21 km, and it is suggested that it could go larger than this. If it does go larger, will it be pregenerated beyond the outer limits of 21x21? Also, will there be islands and other continents, or will it be one large continent?

It will be pregenerated and yes, it will be islands and continents.

584. When can players expect to see what siege weapons will be implemented into the MMO?

Closer to release stage of MMO

I know that you guys have a lot on your plate already, and I don't expect answers anytime soon, but if you do get around to this, I would greatly appreciate anything you can say. Thank you for all you're doing for us!

MirinPOS
True Believer

Post by MirinPOS » 17 Oct 2014, 05:11

I just finished watching the two hour live stream about this game that was released months ago and heard the Dev say something about mounts being spawn-able out of your bag. Like a spell with a couple second spawn time similar to "World Of Warcraft" and other mmo's.

I hope the idea of this has been changed to something more realistic like having to actually get your horse out of the stable and mount it and feed it ect. Also even having to tie it up to another stable in a neighboring city or even to a tree and come back to that same horse.

Spawning a horse does not seem to stick with the games core direction of realism and immersion.

Bobik could you enlighten us on this concern?

585. Will horses be spawned out of your bag like in WoW out of thin air or will they be a physical object like the already implemented animals? That will require you to tie your horse up to a stable or onto a tree in a neighboring Kingdom? Once you have tamed and acquired the correct skill to ride/use as a mount of course.

Yes, they will be slowly spawned and slowly despawned. Yes, pocket ponies, like in WoW. So far it is an only solution, that will not overcomplicate things both in gameplay and in development.

MAYBE we will work something more realistic once we get close to implementation, but I doubt ATM

Czechmate95

Post by Czechmate95 » 22 Oct 2014, 02:37

586:
I am real interested in this game but after watching some videos of the fighting, I was a bit underwhelmed...

Will there be a game mode or strong enough weapons to support a one-shot-one-kill type of fighting? It just seems unrealistic to have to drill in 10 stabs or arrows to kill someone. Or would a arrow to the head or heart kill someone?

We design game in that way, that you will have to deal at least two blows to kill a healthy opponent. Even lance on a fullspeed into unprotected enemy eye. You will need to turn around and finish him with another blow.

Aursn

Post by Aursn » 23 Oct 2014, 12:04

586) Depending on type of armor you are wearing, it is currently possible to one-shot a person as of right now.

Answered in a previous question.

The Developer team is trying to make it as "realistic" as possible in terms of combat physics as of what I've heared so far.
So, if you wear a Full Plate armor which relates to the heaviest armor of that time back then, then even back then in real life, there wasn't anything that was really able to fully "penetrate" the armor, not even a crossbow with bodkin bolts.
Currently known tests show, that you need a crossbow with at least a 120 pound or roughly 55 kg of draw weight to make a tiny hole into that armor which didn't really hurt the knights. (Knights wore under that armor chainmail/padded armor also.)
So you would have to aim for places which have holes or aren't covered in Full Plate armor parts in order to kill someone "one-shot" like.
The only weapon back then or rather weapon type, able to damage the knight fatally were the blunt weapons, which are as of now underpowered.
Or weapons like the Bec de Corbin which translates to the Raven's beak which still had to be swung perfectly with alot of power to penetrate the armor fully and I really mean alot power/strength.
Heart damage is currently implemented but the hitbox system is still clunky, but yes it is possible.
Same goes for the head.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 28 Oct 2014, 13:24

This might not be a question concerning the game but rather forums.

587. Why doesnt "stay logged in" work properly. Almost every day i have to log in again? Can anyone help? (i dont clear history or cookies every day or something)

Actually clearing your cookies and cache once and relogging might fix that issue for you.

Ibiks

Post by Ibiks » 07 Nov 2014, 12:04

I don't have FPS problems in the game, but sometimes my character is not able to move. It is not a game freeze, i can open menus, bags and stuff but can't move. Only game restart helps so far.

Menpower

Post by Menpower » 09 Nov 2014, 11:04

How can we contact you? Do you have email address?

Outkin

Post by Outkin » 10 Nov 2014, 05:26

588: How will you handle players who join kingdoms just to kill the people inside?

We don't. If you let someone into your castle and into your guild, that had later backstabbed you - it is your own fault and we are not going to prevent it somehow. Sorry, life IS feudal ;) :evil:

589: What stops a group of players from destroying a kingdom while it's players are offline?

Siege and battles system with windows of opportunity. You can not destroy other guild assets without a proper state of war and during a certain times a day.

TimtheEnchanter

Post by TimtheEnchanter » 11 Nov 2014, 23:30

590: I was wondering, if a kingdom is allied to a larger kingdom do you get like a ducal system? say there is a smaller king who has some vassals who allies to a much larger king. Does he then become of a ducal rank with several vassals who serve him rather than the king directly.

ie. 1 King - 3 dukes - 9 vassals

Roentjuh

Post by Roentjuh » 12 Nov 2014, 16:39

591: Will we eventually be able to design our own buildings. For example designing your own house instead of the standard fachwerk?

Yes, but post release time.

592: What software do you guys use to model the buildings?

Mostly 3DS MAX

Fluffypinkbunny

Post by Fluffypinkbunny » 14 Nov 2014, 15:26

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq an easy Control + f (find) and typing in one word, (rank for the first question, and floorplan for the 2nd) finds answers to questions.

TimtheEnchanter wrote:590: I was wondering, if a kingdom is allied to a larger kingdom do you get like a ducal system? say there is a smaller king who has some vassals who allies to a much larger king. Does he then become of a ducal rank with several vassals who serve him rather than the king directly.

ie. 1 King - 3 dukes - 9 vassals

93. how do you envisage the rank/hierarchical structure working? Will there be a world wide set rank, ie only 1 true king in the world?

93) No, global ranking won't be game enforced.

Roentjuh wrote:591: Will we eventually be able to design our own buildings. For example designing your own house instead of the standard fachwerk?
592: What software do you guys use to model the buildings?

545. Will we get better building system? For now every village feels the same, so will be great to see more like a "panel/block" bulding system for houses. So you don't build the whole premade house, but making it in more creative way by planning how much rooms, floors you want. I think it will be easy to just separate your premade buildings to different parts and make it more like a "LEGO", so it will bring hell lot of creativity and stuff to do for everyone.

545)We plan modular housing on some later stages of development.

Meha

Post by Meha » 02 Dec 2014, 07:17

Hello everybody i just recently found out about this game and i-m really exited

so i have a question if i buy LiF:YO do i immediatly get access to closed beta or i have to wait for open beta,if its the second option how can i get myself into closed beta :D

Marcos

Post by Marcos » 06 Dec 2014, 05:50

Siegbert wrote:498.

Any plans on giving you the option to alter the 3rd person camera position?
Personally I like Skyrim's adjustable camera view distance the most, it also fades smoothly into first person when you zoom in close enough.
Alternatively, Mount&Blade's system is quite simple: you can alter the view distance in a small range plus lowered camera height when you hit the free look button
here my thread concerning this:
3rd-person-camera-angle-t1333/

Yes, we definitely will do something with that camera, just sometime later.

How much later? :) The close up view literally makes me nauseous. I can only play games that allow me to zoom out.

T10murphy

Post by T10murphy » 08 Dec 2014, 12:53

593) If I buy LIF:YO now, will I have to pay for/buy LIF:MMO when it comes out?

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/lif-yo-owners-will-receive-some-premium-currency-in-lif-mmo-t1941/

Cvelle

Post by Cvelle » 08 Dec 2014, 18:03

Hi. Great idea for a game you have there, I wish you good luck and I hope you achieve great success with it.

My question:

594) What are you plans/thoughts on maintaining resources in the world. From previous posts and info, this is the understanding I have (please correct if I'm wrong on any):

- Some resources are renewable (wood by foresting, animals by herding etc.)
- Resources being mined are NOT renewable (Stone, Iron, Clay, precious metals)
- We will be able to smelt weapons back into raw materials, and deconstruct buildings to acquire some of materials used.
- When deconstructing or smelting we will only receive small part of what was originally used to create that item (Is it 1/10th ?)
- Additionally, anything left for more then 1-2 days outside of claim will rapidly deteriorate and disappear. This means permanently removed item/resources from the game world.

With all this in place, we have a constant removal of finite resources. What will happen when the resource pools get dry, when we mine all the ore veins out ? Will this be possible to happen (eventually I guess) ? How do you plan to act in this situation or what do you plan to put in place so this does not happen ?

Thanks.

We had made some calculations some time ago and shared its results. If I recall it correctly, if 10000 players will mine Iron Ore for a whole hour non stop EVERY real life day it will tkae them 115 real life YEARS to deplete all the ore on our MMORPG map.
You can imagine that other finite resources (clay, rock, soil etc) will take even more time to deplete.

Maxim59ru

Post by Maxim59ru » 23 Dec 2014, 20:39

595) The game will be Russified for Russian players ? :)

Different localizations will be added in later stages of development or (more likely) after the official release.

Maxim59ru

Post by Maxim59ru » 24 Dec 2014, 06:04

Спаибо что ответили !)

Fishcube

Post by Fishcube » 24 Dec 2014, 22:34

When the mmo version comes out will i still be able to play YO and host a YO server? I like the mmo idea but sometimes a really great role play aspect comes to fruition when you don't have a bunch of randos on the server.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 26 Dec 2014, 22:43

597: So, whens lif:yo being released

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 02 Jan 2015, 16:05

598) What is the rough idea for how the skill Drill will function in game?

599) What is the rough idea for how the skill Equipment Maintenance will function in game? (Other than the obvious raise durability)

It is not final yet, but we plan that you will be able to perform some quick fixes of your armor and weapon in between fights. Also, weapon poisoning will be one of abilities in Equipment maintain skill.

600) What is the rough idea for how the skill Mentoring will function? Does it require a school?

Both Drill and Mentoring wil require a School. One player can designate himself as a Drill Master/Mentor for that school and pick one of his leveled up combat/crafting skills. After that he should go offline. Up to 5 students can attend his class and depending on the level of his Mentoring skill will slowly receive skill raise in the skill their Mentor decided to teach. They should do it offline too.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Wowrobin10

Post by Wowrobin10 » 05 Jan 2015, 16:04

601) Will this game be Pay To Win?( Since I saw that you "can" buy In-Game Funds and get yourself out of newbie-island. That's just... Dumb to blow this kinda game with funds. )

602) Any ideas when releasing?

603) I've read that you have to buy your characters for like 20£. Is that true? If so, why do you need to pay yourself to get out of "newbie"-island?!

604) This is a medieval realistic game right? (If so, why the heck adding IG Funds? Make everything IG-Base. Trade people for money, It's OK to have a premium-status. But nothing that can give you an advantage.)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Jan 2015, 16:30

Players should really review the FAQ on the wiki. The questions that are asked and answered here are complied there. The link for the top of the page is: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq

Wowrobin10 wrote:601) Will this game be Pay To Win?( Since I saw that you "can" buy In-Game Funds and get yourself out of newbie-island. That's just... Dumb to blow this kinda game with funds. )

602) Any ideas when releasing?

603) I've read that you have to buy your characters for like 20£. Is that true? If so, why do you need to pay yourself to get out of "newbie"-island?!

604) This is a medieval realistic game right? (If so, why the heck adding IG Funds? Make everything IG-Base. Trade people for money, It's OK to have a premium-status. But nothing that can give you an advantage.)

601: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq#Q.2FA_531-540

597 & 602: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq#Q.2FA_491-500

603: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq#Q.2FA_531-540
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Settfire

Re: Interactive FAQ TROOP MANAGEMENT

Post by Settfire » 06 Jan 2015, 08:45

(605): Quick question about the battle lay out, Will battles be fought almost like Total War battles. This meaning, having a map layout of your troops and your enemy's :) Also issuing orders to your vassals where to place troops and such. Its a bit confusing since the battles as you say will be very large and there is no VOIP ingame to organize troops on the field :beer:

Artaus
Beta Tester

Post by Artaus » 08 Jan 2015, 22:29

606) Just some questions about skills:
At level 90 Lancing, there is an ability to block while having a couched lance, do you plan on implementing any kind of special shields for Chivalry soldiers?

Not really. We just plan that most shield types (pavise, heavy targe and some others) will not be equippable while mounted.

607) At level 100 Unit and Formations skill, One can bear a unit flag. Do you plan for this being purely aesthetic or providing any boosts or buffs?

It will be purely aesthetic and to show off. All 100 lvl of skills are sharing that philosophy.

Return to General Discussion