JH Poorly Timed.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Grievver
True Believer

JH Poorly Timed.

Post by Grievver » 25 Dec 2016, 18:55

What the hell are you guys thinking, implementing judgement hour mechanics on a god damn holiday? AND not even allowing doors, monuments to be secure. You do realize you just probably pushed half the population off the game because of idiotic thought processes? Atleast you used to have to damage houses and everything to open doors but lets just give all the Europeans free access to all american claims mid morning on the biggest fucking holiday of the year. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. Had a lot of faith in the game before today. You guys, as developers, are retarded. GL with your shit.

Saxxon

Re: JH Poorly Timed.

Post by Saxxon » 25 Dec 2016, 19:13

It was an hour long test designed to implement and test new mechanics. We gathered data that is critical for these important systems.

Most people complete understand this is a test. In seeing this rather emotional post maybe you would benefit from waiting until we launch the game.

Here is a link to our forum rules. It might help you to review them so you do not have any issues. http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/forum-rules-t372/

Grievver
True Believer

Post by Grievver » 25 Dec 2016, 19:24

Saxxon wrote:It was an hour long test designed to implement and test new mechanics. We gathered data that is critical for these important systems.

Most people complete understand this is a test. In seeing this rather emotional post maybe you would benefit from waiting until we launch the game.

Here is a link to our forum rules. It might help you to review them so you do not have any issues. http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/forum-rules-t372/

An hour long test, that allowed every American claim that was at war, to be completely emptied. Monuments, warehouses and all.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 25 Dec 2016, 19:42

Yes it was fucking terrible timing, and im still not sure what drugs the devs were/are on to think it was a good time, it was still a necessary test, and im hoping it will allow the devs to improve the servers, so the combat isnt more crashing then fighting.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 25 Dec 2016, 19:44

Bkelley2006 wrote:
Saxxon wrote:It was an hour long test designed to implement and test new mechanics. We gathered data that is critical for these important systems.

An hour long test, that allowed every American claim that was at war, to be completely emptied. Monuments, warehouses and all.

It was a test of mechanics during Beta that was announced days ago for yesterday and then changed for today because the community asked for it.
JH as you know it wont be in the game, this was a way to quickly and easily test the mechanics for the future siege system. When you buy into a beta program you are supposed to understand that things like this happens and not everyone in the world will have the same timing to test everything equally every time. I cannot find the exact post currently but I do think I remember seeing that this is not the only test of the mechanics and everyone will have a chance to take try it out and all that.
All that said, your rude, aggressive attitude is not helpful. Yelling at them for something thats been in the forums, even something that is in the beta is just rude. It's a beta test, nothing we do really matters, enjoy your game, and have an amazing holiday and new year! :beer:

EDIT: Let's not forget that they are in Russia, and these times are within good times for them, its unfortunate but the world has multiple time zones.

Grievver
True Believer

Post by Grievver » 25 Dec 2016, 19:54

Wookiee420 wrote:
Bkelley2006 wrote:

It was a test of mechanics during Beta that was announced days ago for yesterday and then changed for today because the community asked for it.
JH as you know it wont be in the game, this was a way to quickly and easily test the mechanics for the future siege system. When you buy into a beta program you are supposed to understand that things like this happens and not everyone in the world will have the same timing to test everything equally every time. I cannot find the exact post currently but I do think I remember seeing that this is not the only test of the mechanics and everyone will have a chance to take try it out and all that.
All that said, your rude, aggressive attitude is not helpful. Yelling at them for something thats been in the forums, even something that is in the beta is just rude. It's a beta test, nothing we do really matters, enjoy your game, and have an amazing holiday and new year! :beer:

EDIT: Let's not forget that they are in Russia, and these times are within good times for them, its unfortunate but the world has multiple time zones.

I understand its a test, I've been playing LiF for a long time. The problem is, the timing. It may have been posted on the forums, and it had negative reaction then too. Waiting 1 day would have allowed for all time zones to have atleast had something happening, and the fact that "it was a test" does not remove the fact that the timing, was horrific and had a negative impact on anyone who wasn't online and was at war. So yeah, Americans at home doing their Christmas celebration with their kids, while the other half of the server was done with all that and able to go loot...monuments. I'd expect some sort of fixing be done as, the repercussions I don't think were forseen as to how heavy handed anyone offline was going to be hit by a small number of people running around unabated.

Dox
Zealous Believer

Post by Dox » 25 Dec 2016, 20:32

Not to mention. You implement a mechanic that can completely wipe a settlement out of the MMO due to timing. No one has to actually damage structures or anything, they can just walk in your claim open your houses warehouses and monuments and looting everything. "This makes absolutely no sense." Then on top of that you put this mechanic in the game on the worst day possible. This was poorly planned and poorly implemented. It will be hard to test this game with terrible changes like this. Even in YO you have to do damage to the structures with torches or fire arrows. #disapointed :no:

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 25 Dec 2016, 22:02

It's a beta test! We're here to help them test the game so it's ready for launch, not play the game, that comes later...
So yeah, if this was the best option for them to collect data then so be it, we're only here to help them atm. Everything we do now is gonna be gone lateron anyway.

Beretta7
True Believer

Post by Beretta7 » 25 Dec 2016, 22:04

Truly shocked the dev's not only make excuses for this terribad decision, but then make a veiled threat to ban someone that brings it up. "sarcasm over"

Saxxon the fact you don't recognize that when people invest massive amounts of hours to test and enjoy something they will be fired up when a horrible decision is made like this means you are either ignorant or making the same emotional response you claim he is. Get your s&*^ together.
Last edited by Beretta7 on 25 Dec 2016, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

Grievver
True Believer

Post by Grievver » 25 Dec 2016, 22:07

Dragmar wrote:It's a beta test! We're here to help them test the game so it's ready for launch, not play the game, that comes later...
So yeah, if this was the best option for them to collect data then so be it, we're only here to help them atm. Everything we do now is gonna be gone lateron anyway.

Using "its a test" as an excuse for wasting a vast amount of players time by a poorly timed and implemented "critical component" when a LOW number of players are online is ridiculous. The fact is, testing, is playing, playing is testing. 3 weeks worth of a group's efforts "testing" the game wiped out in 20 minutes because of 6 people uncontested is a problem. Poorly thought out. Bad planning. Bad excuses. People aren't going to test the game if they aren't having fun and getting your claim basically clean slated in 15-20 minutes because of it....isn't fun. Lets make it clear that the connection between playing the beta and testing it are deeply intertwined. Can't collect as much data when few are online as you could if they implemented it when population is known to be at its highest, and avoiding major holidays.

MaxEisenhardt
Zealous Believer

Post by MaxEisenhardt » 25 Dec 2016, 22:11

I don't care about the date and time this was done. Yeah, it was poor timing for NA, but whatever it's Beta.

If this was a test of the siege mechanics, why didn't they have to deal damage to buildings? I know the devs don't owe us anything, but it would be nice to know what exactly was tested.

To me it seems we were just testing if people could openly raid other settlements.
My ONLY issue is that no buildings needed to be damage in order to gain entree.
Yes, yes, it's a test I get it. But really, everyone complains about the grind. Now you let everything we stock piled to be taken... Not to sure about that one.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 25 Dec 2016, 23:00

Sumeyedea wrote:I don't care about the date and time this was done. Yeah, it was poor timing for NA, but whatever it's Beta.

If this was a test of the siege mechanics, why didn't they have to deal damage to buildings? I know the devs don't owe us anything, but it would be nice to know what exactly was tested.

You seem to misunderstand the siege mechanics. You need terraforming, walls and a gate to keep people out. If you had that, people would have had to damage your gate or walls to get in.

Starting JH around christmas was still a horrible choice though.

Grievver
True Believer

Post by Grievver » 25 Dec 2016, 23:49

Styxwash wrote:
Sumeyedea wrote:I don't care about the date and time this was done. Yeah, it was poor timing for NA, but whatever it's Beta.

You seem to misunderstand the siege mechanics. You need terraforming, walls and a gate to keep people out. If you had that, people would have had to damage your gate or walls to get in.

Actually, in YO you had to damage the buildings to gain access, no word on that being any different for this judgement hour.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 25 Dec 2016, 23:55

Bkelley2006 wrote:Actually, in YO you had to damage the buildings to gain access, no word on that being any different for this judgement hour.

Never heard of that being a thing, so guessing you played on a modded server

MaxEisenhardt
Zealous Believer

Post by MaxEisenhardt » 26 Dec 2016, 02:01

Styxwash wrote:

Walls that people just stacked items to climb over?
Did anyone build and use siege equipment?

MaxEisenhardt
Zealous Believer

Post by MaxEisenhardt » 26 Dec 2016, 02:11

Dragmar wrote:
Bkelley2006 wrote:Actually, in YO you had to damage the buildings to gain access, no word on that being any different for this judgement hour.

Never heard of that being a thing, so guessing you played on a modded server

Perhaps my thought of buildings needed to be damaged is a mod. I ran into it on more than one server. Would have been great to have a clear understanding of what would be vulnerable. No worries, it's in the past. I know better now and I will not be surprised again. I may be set back, but I am far from beaten down.

Sorry RPers and others I wouldn't have normally attacked or stolen from. I am in the need of gear and supplies. Turn them over peacefully and I may spare your life. I knew life was Feudal, but now I also know the gods act without reason and do unexplained things. For this the people will suffer.

Galaneria
True Believer

Post by Galaneria » 26 Dec 2016, 02:52

Yeah we all know that 'sieges/raids' need to be tested, but facing a setback every day at a time when some people may never get to be on isn't a great choice. I can't exactly help beta test the game if I'm basically just making items to build buildings that get raided everyday without a fight, barring using alts as mules which is something that shouldn't be required. Or perhaps that's my beta contribution in which case it's sadly done for me until new mechanics are in place, temporary or otherwise.

Return to Feedback Section