Just started and kinda never wanna play again, here is why

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Opagt

Just started and kinda never wanna play again, here is why

Post by Opagt » 16 May 2017, 17:50

Just started playing, I get teleported to the main server in the middle of night.

I start to travel in one direction looking for materials to get a torch going.

Out of no where another player finds me, they have no light source and where able to see me as I attempted to run away.

They managed to get continue chasing and killed me.

So right away - How does someone in the middle of the night find another player and continue to chase them with no light?

The only way I can see it happening is if people are using gamma exploit.

If people are doing that - there is no reason to play this game anymore.

Anyone share some info on this sort of a thing? Is there a skill or something that lets people see better in the dark?

What am I missing ...

Thanks

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Re: Just started and kinda never wanna play again, here is why

Post by Burne109 » 16 May 2017, 18:57

used to be a way to hack the game files to see at night.

Or

it could be someone using external gamma programs to raise the brightness.

Or

they are running around with f3 (terrain levels) on and see your shadow..

who knows really. life is harsh in the darkness

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 17 May 2017, 07:01

Opagt wrote:The only way I can see it happening is if people are using gamma exploit.

You only need to adjust brightness in the options to see pretty well at night.

Opagt wrote:If people are doing that - there is no reason to play this game anymore.

This game is not mean for you then. People do a lot more than that to make you quit. As long as you can not hide behind thick walls or a big group, people will try to kill you at sight.

If you are not into that kind of pvp, try lif:YO. YO got many small servers with strict rules (pve only, RP focus, pvp). This may suit you more.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 17 May 2017, 16:14

Lots of people play with gamma turned up which is pretty much unenforceable to control. The F3 tactic doesn't really work because when you go into combat it disappears. It's a shame because I personally love the idea of in-game darkness affecting the game in such a profound and realistic way, but as there is a massive disadvantage in playing the game the way its meant to be played it can be pretty not-fun

Bleiz

Post by Bleiz » 17 May 2017, 16:43

I'm no coder, but wouldn't it be possible to force a lower view distance from 9pm to 4pm for example?

That way even if people gamma hack they'll just see fog or something like that.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 17 May 2017, 20:15

Having a fog would potentially resolve the gamma issues, but how would things such as light sources at night work? Currently, the game has night vision which works much like real life where a nearby light source will dramatically increase your ability to see, but actually reduce your vision beyond the circle of light. Other than the fact that some things should be visible at a distance at night, I like the idea as a potential solution

Return to General Discussion