Kingdom Come: Deliverance by Warhorse Studios...

Why this game is better than any other.

PrimusPalus
Alpha Tester

Kingdom Come: Deliverance by Warhorse Studios...

Post by PrimusPalus » 12 Feb 2014, 11:31

Anyone watching this game like me? Looks pretty amazing although a singleplayer game. The quality looks ridiculous. I'm very excited about it myself. I threw them a kickstart donation of about $50. Looks solid.

BUT... it lacks multiplayer which for me is almost MANDATORY. I need to interact with people and have fun with the guys in my unit/organization. I can't do that with singleplayer.

Anyway... check out the video:

http://youtu.be/MefZfhxgpZE

I wont post the website, Kickstarter links, etc... out of respect for the Life is Feudal. But definitely support both projects. One being singleplayer, one being multiplayer. Both will definitely change the future of this medieval genre.
Captain J. Shields
Commanding Officer
24th Marine Expeditionary Unit

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance by Warhorse Studios...

Post by Thokan » 12 Feb 2014, 11:48

Kindof hard to miss that game. Looks pretty good. Will prolly be a good game to play alongside Witcher 3 and other open-world RPGs.

No clue why they dont have directional blocking though.

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 12 Feb 2014, 12:02

This game looks extremely beautiful, but I dislike that you cannot play the game as female. It seems to me that I can't play games where player customization is little, and I cannot choose to be female.

PrimusPalus
Alpha Tester

Post by PrimusPalus » 12 Feb 2014, 12:03

From a singleplayer "Skyrim-esque" standpoint... it looks amazing. But some of their choices with developed had me confused. The community there is VERY anti-multiplayer... so don't bring it up if you join their site.

I still added some funds to the game... as I do with a LOT of indie projects. But I hope they do more with it. Skyrim was great... the mods is what kept me playing it after a week. Multiplayer generally keeps me playing for months.

Elysana wrote:This game looks extremely beautiful, but I dislike that you cannot play the game as female. It seems to me that I can't play games where player customization is little, and I cannot choose to be female.

Understandable. The storyline seems very fixated on one character, one backstory, and that's it. Not a lot of room to choose your own origin.
Captain J. Shields
Commanding Officer
24th Marine Expeditionary Unit

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 12 Feb 2014, 12:04

Elysana wrote:This game looks extremely beautiful, but I dislike that you cannot play the game as female. It seems to me that I can't play games where player customization is little, and I cannot choose to be female.

I saw a discussion about that. They are planning, or atleast thinking of, adding playable female characters for other chapters. Think it was in terms of single quest lines.

PrimusPalus wrote:From a singleplayer "Skyrim-esque" standpoint... it looks amazing. But some of their choices with developed had me confused. The community there is VERY anti-multiplayer... so don't bring it up if you join their site.

Multiplayer is just not on the table at all. The devs are set to make a singleplayer game. No more, no less.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 13 Feb 2014, 22:23

Looks like this game from my little country is getting attention :) And by the way, its name is funny if you know what "Kingdom Come" means :D

Falke88
Alpha Tester

Post by Falke88 » 14 Feb 2014, 15:40

This game will be epic. And Finally some german medieval history piece ! I like very much :P

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 14 Feb 2014, 19:36

Falke88 wrote:This game will be epic. And Finally some german medieval history piece ! I like very much :P

Our Czech brothers would object :P
but since it's the Holy Roman Empire it's also German history to some extent. Btw: did I see Teutonic Knights in the combat trailer?

Demonic wrote:And by the way, its name is funny if you know what "Kingdom Come" means :D

I believe it's derrived from the Lord's Prayer, is it not?
"Thy kingdom come, thy will be done"

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 15 Feb 2014, 16:52

Falke88 wrote:This game will be epic. And Finally some german medieval history piece ! I like very much :P

Well, the Devs are Czech guys, that's what I meant :)
Siegbert wrote:I believe it's derrived from the Lord's Prayer, is it not?

Well... I do not know if they took it from this prayer or from it's methaphoric meaning, but to "send someone to kingdom come" or to" be on way to kingdom come" are poetic ways of saing "to die". Kingdom come in it's modern meaning is "The Other world, the afterlife or simply, death"

Now simply thing about the full title of the game ;)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 15 Feb 2014, 17:40

Didn't know about this saying. Could be the case.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 15 Feb 2014, 22:33

Siegbert wrote:Didn't know about this saying. Could be the case.

I didn't know it either... but then I saw it in some manga... and then I used Google :D

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 23 Feb 2014, 12:47

Siegbert wrote:I believe it's derived from the Lord's Prayer, is it not?

Nah, they're Man'O'War groupies;
Kingdom Come

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 24 Feb 2014, 18:22

Not sure 'bout that, but aren't they singing about dying too? Sometimes it's hard to catch a meaning of song for me, since I'm not native speaker...

Heinrich_Walpot
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_Walpot » 24 Feb 2014, 19:23

I am a Backer in this game with the same Name in the Forum.

But i like Life is Feudal better.

Because i have an Multiplayer game with Terraforming Hardcore and all who make LiF to an great game.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 24 Feb 2014, 19:57

Yeah, sandbox MMOs tend to maintain longevity because of just the multitude of awesome stuff you can do, compared to singleplayer games which lose their appeal once you're done with the main story line.

EiresJason
Alpha Tester

Post by EiresJason » 05 Mar 2014, 23:29

Been following this game for a good while now, can't wait for it.

I really wish it wasn't going to be like 2 years away from now though, all the games in development now that I have a lot of interest in is crazy, but it's so annoying that none are close to completion :(

Aheeia
Alpha Tester

Post by Aheeia » 06 Mar 2014, 15:51

They have reached a strechgoal that will bring a playable female char. at least in a part of the game...

yup it looks very nice and the combat system is going to be revolutionary. the landscape and castles are rebuild from a actual czech area. they focus on singleplayer to be able to put more effort in the above...

the choice/kombo is simple:
Medival singleplayer = Kingdome Come
Medival multiplayer = Lif

i signed for both alpha's. being tiered of DayZ and other hardcore mp-survival mods for arma and the like... Kingdome Come will be my Skyrim replacer...

Selenius

Post by Selenius » 19 Mar 2014, 09:51

Im following these game but i cannot participate in any of the kickstarters so i will need to wait to the final game... But this game really looks very great. Of course not as much as LiF. :twisted:

Return to Off Topic