Post by Finnegan » 04 Jan 2018, 11:16

Guild Leader:
    "Canif Wolfsword"

Active:
    c. 1030 - Present

Religion:
    Christian

Motto:
    Sic Semper Tyrannis - Thus always to tyrants.

Type:
    Catholic Military Order

Size:
    17+

Headquarters:
    The City of Eclipse

Nickname(s):
    Knights of Eclipse
    Eclipse

Another dawn. With this you have been at sea for 5 days after the vicious storm, leaving your ship to mere fractures of its former glory you can’t feel your arms and fingers anymore as they grip the barrel that saved you.
You can count the nights still but you can’t count the wrinkles in your skin and the cracks on your lips as a seemingly permanent trembling shiver was caused by the cold water.
This is what you get for challenging the Gods, swearing to reach the edge of the world someday.
You set sail on the first days of the New Age, hoping for God to be gracious to you and grant you a swift and safe voyage.
You thought you could sail better than anyone, fight better than anyone, only now realizing how much of a fool you were. Your leader decided to have you in the crew even when you only have a few summers at sea under your belt.

An honest mistake, his mistake.

Emboldened youth calls for doom more often than not, especially on a trading ship sailing from Acre, especially after mead gets involved.
That’s when you damned yourself.
You boasted about the trade, you boasted about your prowess, you boasted about the best value for trade in ages and the tested your luck. Everyone was drunk and cheerful, carrying you on their shoulders and laughing heartily, until you swore.
You swore you would reach the end of the world, by God you would conquer this sea and show you were no mere mortal.
Then the storm built up.
The ship was struck by waves, before clouds were even near its position, waves as tall as the mast would made them appear as they vanished and were created from thin air it seemed. Everyone was too busy with their gold, their valuable coin to take care of the leaks. The pumps were left empty, too long. Causing the ship to batter harder and harder into the waves that chipped its core with the might of the Lord. A quick realization was made, you don’t test your fate, you don’t put his name in vain. For it is he who created the world, who shaped the sea and who gave you the life you now longed back for.
You realize your foolishness and stupidity, you realize how petty you have been and you pray, as you see your fingers give up through the salt that crystallized on your eyelashes and your grip loosens from barrel that kept you afloat until now.
Not far from the last known location of the trading vessel, land was on the horizon. Was this the Promised Land that had been foretold in taverns? A good fortune on such a bad and miserable day? You swim to shore, only to be greeted by the remainders of broken wooden shields. A pair of broken axes. The remainders of war... Here, on these unknown lands? We’re they occupied after all?
A faded and broken shield showed signs of heavy blows. Showing merely a few strips of paint left from the wear and tear the combination of sea and sand had battered the left overs with. Not far from your first walk, merely rubbing the salt crystals from your eyelashes you were greeted by black and red banners. Waving in the wind as riders approached you at high speed maneuvers. Circling you at first, as the beats of your heart rapidly joined up with the pounding of the hooves that trotted around you. The knights armored and armed as they stopped a few feet in front of your scarcely dressed body.

The situation providing a nerve wrecking moment of silence before one of the men switched up his visor showing the visuals of a beard. Rough, yet braided while one of his pauldron’s clashed against the shoulder of his breastplate as his vambrace’d arm reached into a sack located on his brown panting horse. The arm quickly threw a scroll in front of your posture, your questioned face remained for the time.
Troubling your head with questions of religion, names and even ancestry. Who were these knights, these riders clad in plate armor wielding colors of some sort of house. More questions arose which piled up with the remaining. Your knees cave lightly as you bended forward to pick up the scroll the rider with his visor switched up had thrown at you and opened it to read a loudly.

"Ahum!.."

We decided to have a semi-hardcore structure inside the guild. Meaning that, for us, we give everything when playing but will not make it effect our personal real life. This means that work comes first, and we remember that this is a game in the end. We are here to have fun. Our RP means that we, for us, do not enforce it but heavily encourage it. We will be caught talking out of character to people by the use of brackets and our characters are not a representation of our real life counter part. Thus being a dick in game will not mean you will meet the most horrible, sadistic and overal bitter person in Discord. In matter of fact, we have quite the hoot in there! Most if not some of our members come from a long history of Roleplay and therefor are experienced with different terms like for example Meta-gaming. Something we do not encourage though some occassions are simply not avoidable. We are from different parts of the world, meaning we operate internationally and different kinds of people are online on different kinds of time. We require all our members to have microphones. For anymore questions - check out our discord for contact and more information.

Contact can be sought for through raven. Our diplomats will provide with proper response to either but not limited to:
Traders, Diplomats or Knaves.

https://discord.gg/sT6zJZe
Last edited by Finnegan on 11 Jan 2018, 18:22, edited 4 times in total.
Never break the peace which good men and true make between thee and others. - The Saga of Njal

Finnegan

Re: [Eng] Knights of the Eclipse [Heavy RP]

Post by Finnegan » 06 Jan 2018, 09:29

-- Member count updated
Never break the peace which good men and true make between thee and others. - The Saga of Njal

Thorhild

Re: [ENG] Knights of the Eclipse [RP]

Post by Thorhild » 08 Jan 2018, 14:50

If you are wondering, This is a great group of people. As the only American, I feel right at home here.

There is usually someone on as time zones range from Europe to North America

We RP while in Game, but in Discord we have fun. Everyone works very hard and this is a cooperative effort to make a good place to call home.

If you want a good group, this one is it. We are very female friendly. I can saw this as one of the females in this group.

I have been part of 2 other guilds one on the NA server where I felt out of place. The other was in the EU server were the guild leader did not run things well.

If you are looking for a good group, This is a great one.

Hawkeyez

Post by Hawkeyez » 09 Jan 2018, 22:21

Hail !

Hunter/Ranger/Scout
Cook/Healer/Farmer/Crafter/Repair of Items, Buildings, Equipment

Looking to join a great guild that is neutral and defensive in nature with some RP.

I will be back next week to decide and will be on discord.

Thank You !
plzzz text me ... i luv you

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » 11 Jan 2018, 19:24

As of currently, The knights of Eclipse are offering a plot of land east of our castle.

Name: --

Price: None, the only thing we ask of our new neighbours is to agree with being a Vassal of the Knights of Eclipse.

Our ruling for Vassals, on this location would be their primary focus of forrestry. Meaning that beside their own activity, they would be in charge of replanting the forrest around the Castle of Eclipse and their own claim. Any more rulings are subject to change and will mean that the King has a final say on what these rulings are going to be.

If interested, please contact us through Raven (Discord).

Plot Pictures:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » 12 Jan 2018, 11:55

News Flash
--
“Fresh from the fields,
The knights of Eclipse booked a zealous victory against one of their close surrounding houses. The lord of ‘God’s Grace’ assumed himself as mighty and clear of heart as the knights of Eclipse. Threatening King Canif, 1st of his name and lashing out at one of his royal advisors. This enough was reason for the Knights of Eclipse to prepare for dark days. Mounted on horseback, banners raised and sounds of steel singing in the wind they marched down to this house in the early morning glow.

A fierce battle was fought against militia and farmers of House God’s Grace. Despite under-equipped and heavily outnumbered they fought their battle with pride. At noon the sound of battle had faded and heavy losses coated the palisaded walls of God’s Grace in a color of red.

The stench worse than other, dead bodies coating the snowy farmlands, spilled guts coating their surroundings and rotting skin ensued in the coming days. In a reminder to the days of ol’, The Knights of Eclipse hanged the corpses of the Lord and his family over the palisade walls to decay and rot in the traitorous weather. May it be a reminder of the strength, loyalty and determination of Eclipse and her allies.”

A bard used the opportunity of the announcement to sneak into the group of listeners. Normally a jester for his majesty, he studied in a song about the battle and as a reminder of the troubled times.

The bard cleared his throat while kicking over an apple crate and taking a pose on top of it. The first few melodies coming from his Hurdy durdy, operated by a rotating handle were used to silence the crowd in front of him. He cleared his throat once more before an upbeat song accompanied by soft humming before loud singing from the soldiers of Eclipse that were present.

[To the sound of David Coffin - Roll the Old Chariot]

“Oh, we'd be alright if the god’s will commands it.
We'd be alright if the god’s will commands it.
We'd be alright if the god’s will commands it.
And we'll all hang on behind...

And we'll ro-o-oll the old chariot along!
We'll ro-o-oll the golden chariot along!
We'll ro-o-oll the old chariot along!
And we'll all hang on behind!

Oh, we'd be alright if the enemy was slain
We'd be alright if the enemy was slain
We'd be alright if the enemy was slain

Well a knight in proper armor wouldn’t do us any harm
A knight in proper armor wouldn't do us any harm
Oh, A knight in proper armor wouldn't do us any harm

Now, another bloodbath wouldn't do us any harm
Oh, another bloodbath wouldn't do us any harm
Woah, another bloodbath wouldn't do us any harm

And we'll all hang on behind...”

McHogan

Post by McHogan » 13 Jan 2018, 17:02

Why would i try to join? when the first thing that happens when i come to your guild, one of your guys hits a unarmed man in the chest with a axe. When i try to RP?
Thx for getting a new spawn hurt 45 min in to the game..

Canif_Wolfsword

Post by Canif_Wolfsword » 13 Jan 2018, 21:38

Apperantly you we're warned to back off from our cart and did not back off. A sad thing indeed if you we're a new player you should have complied but i understand your frustration. We are a friendly guild but when someone acts suspicious we act accordingly.
Sic Semper Tyrannis - Knight of Eclipse.

SilentRoma

Post by SilentRoma » 14 Jan 2018, 19:52

We became vassals of Knights of the Eclipse like three weeks ago and I do not regret it. Canif and some of his knights came over to our place and asked us politely whether we want to join their guild. We said we want to stay independent and maintain our own guild. Then they asked if we want to be allied with them and become vassals of Knights of the Eclipse. We asked whether they are or want to declare war to somebody and the answer we liked was "Not if we can avoid that". We have been thinking about it for some days and then we agreed.

We are mainly hunters and so we pay the taxes to Knights of the Eclipse in form of hides and leather. Yet we had not to pay nothing because we are at the beginning and do not have much and Canif understands that. Even more, he sent his carpenter to help us start. We got a pretty good workbench and some crates and many other things we were in need of.

All members of KOE we met yet are very polite and help us if they can. We are surrounded by allies which do peaceful things like reafforest surroundings. Sometimes the king or one of the knights come by and ask whether we need something and how the things are going. We can grow and live just as we like, no pressure from the kingdom whatsoever.

These are just my two cents.

Redmantle

Post by Redmantle » 15 Jan 2018, 01:54

Hrhmmmmmm interest caught.

Canif_Wolfsword

Post by Canif_Wolfsword » 15 Jan 2018, 11:20

Feel free to join our discord lobby at https://discord.gg/tHC8aS and tag one of us and we will reply as quickly as we can!
Sic Semper Tyrannis - Knight of Eclipse.

Thorhild

Post by Thorhild » 17 Jan 2018, 17:56

The Knights of the Eclipse score a minor victory:

In the year 1031, March 4, The Knights of the Eclipse scored a minor victory against our only standing enemy.

Two enemy horsemen were found scouting and raiding the lands of King Canif Wolfsword, the 1st of his name.

The newest knight of the order Ulfger Haraldsson, armed with only an axe, shovel, and horse from a day of work, chased the invaders down and gave all he had to stop the enemy. Ulfger Haroldsson stood against two heavily armored men slowing them down after sounding his horn of battle delaying the enemies escape.

The enemy mortally wounded Ulfger Haroldsson's horse and as the knight stood over his fallen steed three more Knights of the Eclipse arrived after hearing the battle horn sounded to give chase.

The enemy fled south with King Canif Wolfsword 1st of his name, Knight Reinbach Schtolzheim and Evalee Vragis (one of only a few female knights in the order) giving chase.

The enemy was not as fast with a smaller knight and Evalee Vragis soon caught up to one and de-horsed the enemy. The enemy being a coward quickly mounted his horse and ran again only to be thrown again by the agile and ferocious female knight, as Knight Reinbach Schtolzheim gave chase to the other enemy.

In the ensuing chase Knight Reinbach Schtolzheimour deciding to take down at least one foe, rejoined his king and and other knight and de-horsed the enemy for his 3rd and final time.

Knight Reinbach Schtolzheimour killed the enemies horse preventing his escape as Glorious and Valiant King Canif Wolfsword the 1st of his name attacked and killed the now horseless enemy.

In the year 1031, March 5 a coalition of united forces traveled south into enemy lands and killed more of enemy.

Let it be known, The Knights of the Eclipse stand alongside and with our allies and vessels and against enemies of our lands and people!

Thorhild

Post by Thorhild » 19 Jan 2018, 21:22

Feel free to join our discord lobby at https://discord.gg/tHC8aS and tag one of us and we will reply as quickly as we can!

Cunobalfoort

Post by Cunobalfoort » 21 Jan 2018, 09:41

As their ally and neighbour, I am on good terms with the Knights. Their intentions are honorable and knowledge of their compassion spreads far beyond Abella. I enjoy being in close proximity to them, as sometimes their members come by for a chat or a hearty meal, and it makes the enduring struggle for survival performed by my small group somewhat less heavy. They have very talented craftsmen in their castle, always willing to enlighten you in their craft. Overall a great choice to swear fealthy to their government, and hopefully you will pass Stathe for a chat and some food!

Erikr af Belfort

26th of March, year of the lord 1031

Thorhild

Post by Thorhild » 23 Jan 2018, 16:41

My name you ask friend? I am called Thiodolf Blodoks. Close friends call me Thio. As for Blodoks, it is because I like to let me axe drink the blood of mine enemies, though I must admit, yesterday would have been a good day to let it drink, but I had left it in my house as I was hauling dirt and building the castle for the King, King Canif Wolfsword the 1st of his name. He is not a bad man, rather a good man, for a Christian, I myself honor the old gods.

I came to this settlement owned by the Knights of the Eclipse to work. It is hard work, and I enjoy it. I have learned much, but as any man or woman can tell you, you never stop learning. And for the Christians, they are all good men and woman, but I am not alone in my ways of the old gods. I know of three others here that follow them, maybe more.

I will tell any man, or woman, never leave ye weapon anyplace but at your side after what happened yesterday. Gloom was testing me, but he also fooled those Warengar dogs.

The day was overcast and drizzly as many of us worked on getting dirt moved so we could build our castle walls. We had just finished the spot for a tower and I was taking a rest, hard work demands some rest, and good food.

I must have been daydreaming as I did not hear the call of alarm of attack. I did hear the hooves of a horse and paying little heed as the king or one of his knights had been riding around on the stone that was the castle common area. I heard a second, then a third. The third drew my attention and broke my daydream and relaxation.

I stood and moved to where I saw the horsemen and as they dismounted I saw them pull their swords and bows, and then their tabards. Enemies of the Eclipse and many others in the realm. I knew little of this enemy accept theur name Warengar or Varengar as some would pronounce it.

I saw three men, and heard more behind me coming fast, I spun to see a lance pointed at my head. He ran to my lfet into the bowl of land that still needed terraformed and then up onto the land one wall would sit. I reached for me axe, but it was not there. “Damn you Gloom I said to me’self!” as I stood with nothing. A shovel rested in the dirt behind me but I dared not turn my back to those invading dogs.

I saw one coming towards me from the courtyard his long sword drawn, and two more coming along the path I’d had to take to get to the shovel. Not the best weapon to use, but I knew of one of our knights who had used one in another battle after her sword had broke.

I could see 2 more of the enemy near the unfinished gate and decided to charge them screaming as I ran down the bowl, up the dirt walls and passed them.

I must have appeared like a mad man, or maybe a scurrying hare trying to escape the wolf.

I saw an arrow fly past me and it almost seemed like time stopped as it did. I then saw out of the corner of my eye the man with his lance riding at me full speed. I could hear those inside our palisades yelling but could not make out their voices.

I think the lance clipped my left wrist as latter I noticed it bleeding a little and it hurt as if hit by a hammer.

The knight managed to pin me against a dirt embankment and I thought for sure I was a dead man, soon to enter it’s realm.

I ducked under the horses legs back and forth as the knight tried to get me, had I a knife, that horse would have been gutted.

I then scrambled up another dirt embankment and into the empty moat and charged another who had just badly injured my friend Thorfried.

I could see Thorfried laying there as I ran screaming like the mad man I must have been and ran between the houses and jumped down the walls. I had wanted to get into the palasaide gates, but knew them to be locked and had I opened then, the enemy would have sswamed inside killing everyone.

I ran, ran as fast as I could. I felt the coward for having to run, but with nothing to fight with, it would have been useless.

I would run backwards for a moment as I ran to see if I had been persuade
I got to a nearby town and climbed into one of their towers and sat waiting, catching my breath, and watching to see if I had been followed or to see if I could see the enemy leave from their raid.

I do not know how long I waited, it could not have been long before I decided I would go back and find a weapon and fight.

Upon my return to the castle, I found my friend Thorfried being carried away, I did not know if he was dead or alive. I was happy to find him later still breathing and bandaged up ready to go back to work. A good man he is.

I also found that Ulfnord had hidden in one of the buildings. While the enemy raid happened, We were latter to hear that some of our allies had caught them as they patrolled. The enemoes loses were far greater than ours, but it set us all on the need to finish our walls.
I was glad our King and the knights at the castle were not injured, and other knights who had been out patrolling were safe.

So let this be a lessons to ye young ones, never let your axe, or sword leave your side, nothing should separate you from it.

I think back on my experience. And while I may have been a scurrying hare between the legs of the wolves, I was the one victories, as I had escaped with my life. My pride was damaged, but pride can be fixed, your life cannot. I do not fear death, rather I embrace it. But if I am to die, I want it to be with my axe in my hand

Thorhild

Post by Thorhild » 27 Jan 2018, 02:06

The Knights of the Eclipse is always looking for good honorable people to join us. We area a guild who loves RP and having fun. We do not push you to any skill, we allow you to grow in the skills you need, but we do ask that you help with tasks.

The castle is nearing completion and we have lots of good fertile land to farm and reside in.

Majere

Post by Majere » 27 Jan 2018, 05:49

Respected Sir,

I am with the Lobos Blancos and I seek introductions with your guild. We are in search of allies to work with in days to come. We are few, but hungry for growth. I would love discuss plans in person, at an agreeable date.

Yours respectfully, Kaerali Majere, Lobos Blancos.

--* (Just to add a note "Lobos Blancos" means "White Wolves")

Thorhild

Post by Thorhild » 27 Jan 2018, 18:59

To Kaerali Majere, Lobos Blancos.

As Baroness, Knight, diplomat of the Knights of the Eclipse, I think this could be arranged to meet with you and see what you need and what we can work out with you.

Please feel free to reach out to me and we can arrange a date and time to discuss terms.

Baroness Thornhild Bjornmord KotE

Return to EU Epleland