Ladies

Why this game is better than any other.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Ladies

Post by Seeker » 01 Sep 2014, 12:18

I am wondering if there are any ladies participating in the alpha test and how they feel about not having female avatars? or maybe I am being cheeky. :Yahoo!:
Last edited by Arrakis on 11 Sep 2014, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread moved to more appropriate section
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

DeepComet5581

Re: Ladies

Post by DeepComet5581 » 01 Sep 2014, 20:10

Please do not bait Anita Sarkeesian.

I don't think anyone will be that bothered, considering that the game is still in VERY early Alpha, and Bobik the Magic Flying Pig and his team will likely be focusing on other things.
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

Wagster

Post by Wagster » 10 Sep 2014, 08:34

Topic title: Ladies.

OP's name: Seeker.

Do the math.

Damn it, I hate competition.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 10 Sep 2014, 09:17

No ladies around here... Trust me! :crazy:

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 10 Sep 2014, 09:26

Also single here, my name is Jez, and i would be your perfect date because i can take care of you intellectually and physically. And i know all about the fax machines and the equipment in your office if it breaks. So you can have me on the job to take care of you 9-5, and i can take care of you after 9-5 at home. I am very experienced at lovemaking, i borrow heavily from the Latin culture. I'm an average sized man, but the one issue is that i have very small, petite feet. I've actually been told i have a very feminine step. if all of this sounds good to you, private message me, thanks.

ps. If you meet me online, by Grubb's tavern, i'll show you where the treasure is hidden.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 11 Sep 2014, 13:40

lol,,, Seeker do the math,.. i didnt see that coming at all.
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Ecka
Alpha Tester

Post by Ecka » 11 Sep 2014, 13:42

Siegbert wrote:No ladies around here... Trust me! :crazy:

Wrong , We got one ;)

PudgFacker
Alpha Tester

Post by PudgFacker » 12 Sep 2014, 07:21

Ecka wrote:
Siegbert wrote:No ladies around here... Trust me! :crazy:

Wrong , We got one ;)

tit pics or gtfo

Ecka
Alpha Tester

Post by Ecka » 12 Sep 2014, 07:49

PudgFacker wrote:
tit pics or gtfo

Nice first post on forum

And the correct answer was, pics or it didn't happen

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 12 Sep 2014, 08:58

Well, I don't believe it :crazy:

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 29 Sep 2014, 02:57

Honestly, I am not exactly bothered - at the moment, at least. I am enjoying the game for the multitude of features it offers, and I don't want them to rush the creation of female avatars anyhow. In turn, I want the wait to be worth it.

Bobik has once shown cloth meshes for women, and I am satisfied with them so far. No bikini armor or immersion-breaking skimpy clothing.

Mrs_strawberry

Post by Mrs_strawberry » 20 Oct 2014, 09:26

I actually feel quite annoyed. Not surprised, but still irritated.
I realize that it takes some time to make female characters, but its a question about priority. Of course you could say that its typical that the character is white as well as male, and that persons of other nationality's are being overlooked as much as females.
But non anglosaxian males are not as suppressed in the gaming world as any anglosaxian female. Therefore it would be good to make females feel as included as you could. Not even having the opportunity to be a female character in LIF does not help.
(Just look at previous comments)

To have the only character being not male, but female, would be refreshing. But i realize that a lot of teen boys would be terrified of having to be female, and probably would be scarred for life. Spending there remaining time on this earth in the shower, crying, trying to wash out the shame.

But the reality is, that 50% of presumptive buyers is female, and the gaming developers that realizes that, may be very successful.

Why not just have a semi colored androgyn character, in waiting for more detailed customized choice?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 Oct 2014, 10:29

But female characters wasn't the topic...
Also they are in the game, just not included in our current versions, as many other things.

look at that:

Mrs_strawberry wrote:But non anglosaxian males are not as suppressed in the gaming world as any anglosaxian female.

I thought the character in LiF was rather Russian...

But the reality is, that 50% of presumptive buyers is female, and the gaming developers that realizes that, may be very successful.

I seriously doubt that... more like 10%.
Having said that I wouldn't bother playing a female character... It's just a counter-intuitive thing to do for game devs if you only have one choice.
Do you want to be the "women game" or be known for the actual things that makes your game special?

Why not just have a semi colored androgyn character, in waiting for more detailed customized choice?

Because it's supposed to be a realistic looking game, not anime.

Mrs_strawberry

Post by Mrs_strawberry » 20 Oct 2014, 10:49

Wel i cant play as a female at the present, thats whats bothering me. I know that there will be more choizes later on.

Ok he is russian, thats not the point as im sure you know.

I am a bit puzzled about the 10% you are talking about, how can i answer that? You must know that about 50% of the Worlds population are female? Of course not all of them are in a position to be able to play computer games, but obviously as many females as males are.
But vi do have problems with some serious sexism in the gaming World, and females feel unincluded, so they play games less, and they play as males to avoid unwanted attention.
That sort of takes us back to what i whas talking about in the first Place.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 Oct 2014, 12:50

Mrs_strawberry wrote:I am a bit puzzled about the 10% you are talking about, how can i answer that? You must know that about 50% of the Worlds population are female?

Sure... I'm talking about potential players of this game which appeals more to male players than females (judging by the ratio in the forum and on youtube at least). But I would say this kind of games in general is far more likely to be played by males than females...

Mrs_strawberry

Post by Mrs_strawberry » 20 Oct 2014, 13:23

It feels like we are running in circles here..
Yes this game is much more likely to be played by males, i agree with you there.
I feel convinced that this is due to the gaming worlds non female friendly climate.
If you dont feel welcome as a player in the first place, then not even having a female character, does not help.

The gaming industry is starting to open there eyes to this, maybe seeing the profit to be made by including all potential players. Thats why this feels anoying and non progressive.

Im not loosing sleep over this, its not the end of the world, im playing anyway and enjoy beeing a sweaty and bald hunter and lumberjack.
But i think they are doing a misstake, not including women in the first place.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 Oct 2014, 13:56

Hopefully it will be done by beta stage at the latest... I enjoy diversity as much as anybody else but right now they need to get basic stuff fixed before concentrating on stuff like this, imho.
Including female character models would possibly mean a whole set of different animations while the ones we already have are lacking quality.

Mrs_strawberry

Post by Mrs_strawberry » 20 Oct 2014, 14:34

Its just it, females are not a diversity but 50% of the worlds population. It should be "basic stuff" being able to play as a female.
I realise i seem to be overreacting, but from my point of wiew, im definitly not..

Other than that I refer to my first post.
:beer:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 Oct 2014, 16:28

Mrs_strawberry wrote:Its just it, females are not a diversity but 50% of the worlds population. It should be "basic stuff" being able to play as a female.
I realise i seem to be overreacting, but from my point of wiew, im definitly not..

It would be a more diverse thing than having white bald men only :D

I don't think you're overreacting. There isn't much of a disagreement. At least, I don't think so.
It's just a matter of practicality right now... Everybody knows that female models will be included eventually so most of us are more about getting more basic stuff right like lag and fps issues, combat, etc. Things that if left unchecked would make it a bad game in general as opposed to a well working but potentially sexist game :P

Vanethian
Zealous Believer

Post by Vanethian » 21 Oct 2014, 13:32

About ladies, I'm sure anyway that they are 1/100 of the actual players.

This is a reasonable stat, considering it's also in my server.

Exactly I've got 1 lady every 90 steam accounts.

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 27 Oct 2014, 04:36

Siegbert wrote:Hopefully it will be done by beta stage at the latest... I enjoy diversity as much as anybody else but right now they need to get basic stuff fixed before concentrating on stuff like this, imho.
Including female character models would possibly mean a whole set of different animations while the ones we already have are lacking quality.

This is true. I think better animations would greatly enhance the game. Even Skyrim-like animations will do, if mocap is too expensive!

Return to Off Topic