Learn my way about mesh files

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Learn my way about mesh files

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 18 Sep 2017, 05:14

Hello there everyone,

I would like some help in learning how to export / import LiF YO's mesh model files.
I do know my way around blender good enough to mesh a bit and I plan to add / replace and/or change some ingame models. For instance I want to try to modify the bascinet of the normal plate armor into a non visor version, or add new helmet models and their espective crafting recipes, and so on.

Now unfortunately I am struggling to figure out the part about a) extracting the existing model files to look at them, learn from them, possibly modify/improve them and b) then import them or own, new, files back into the game, from the correct folder, format up to the recipe.

Anyone willing to explain all that to me? ;)

Daniel_St
True Believer

Re: Learn my way about mesh files

Post by Daniel_St » 18 Sep 2017, 15:08

Hey there :)

First you have to know, that the charakter clothing (yes, also the armors) are the hardest object in LiF to mod.

All of the female and all of the male ones are clumped together in one file for each. Those are named female.dts and male.dts.
Imao the editing or just viewing of ALL those contained meshes are the hardest/impossible parts of LiF-modding.

I don't know anyone who has managed to modifier those meshes.

(Thes informations are very trivial. Maybe someone else have more or other ones about current modding progress.)

Much easier is to edit or complete replace the textures of existing charakter clothing (also armors).

Conclusion of this part of my post is: You can add and modify 3d models like buildings or weapons. The charakter clothing is sadly a deadzone.

To edit those containing .dts you need some expensive professional 3d-studio-software or use the torque3d engine in combination with the (very important) 1.2 toolbox of that engine.

This is all i know and i can pass to you. Hopefully there will be some 3d-modelling veteran who can tell more about this.

P.S.: I'm very sorry for my skills to write in english. Maybe this writing didn't too much pain to your brain ;)
Last edited by Daniel_St on 07 Oct 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lifwarrior
True Believer

Post by Lifwarrior » 21 Sep 2017, 05:43

textures should be in .dds format and don't forget collisions!!
just as an additional information ;)
I actually managed to add 82 Decoration objects and 23 new Buildings on my test server just waiting till next patch to fix errors hopefully i won't become some but what else Life is feudal xD

RetroLogi

Post by RetroLogi » 16 Oct 2017, 12:23

Lifwarrior wrote:textures should be in .dds format and don't forget collisions!!
just as an additional information ;)
I actually managed to add 82 Decoration objects and 23 new Buildings on my test server just waiting till next patch to fix errors hopefully i won't become some but what else Life is feudal xD

Can you explaining a step-by-step guide to add new items in game?

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 16 Oct 2017, 14:18

+1 :D

Return to Game mods