Let me get this straight..

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sleepy_

Let me get this straight..

Post by Sleepy_ » 29 Apr 2017, 01:24

Let me get this straight.. I bought the early access version of LIF YO because I believed in what it could become. BitBox says they are working on an MMO server months ago. BitBox uses the money from the LIF YO support to make the MMO version. Then charges all the people who helped make it even happen for the MMO version. What a money grab, I would really enjoy to play and check out the MMO but since the company cant even take off the price of LIF YO from the MMO they are basically grabbing for money from people who have already supported them. Very disappointed.. Mind as well set up a subscription system for all future betas.

Birdy
True Believer

Re: Let me get this straight..

Post by Birdy » 29 Apr 2017, 01:43

You are getting it wrong man. Look at it this way.
The people who is in the mmo now has alot of passion in this game. I gladely paid too get in MMO cause then i can help out this wonderful game in two ways Economy and Finding bugs.

You also need too have in ur considerration that this game does not have any EA Games or Blizzard feeding them money. Star citizen has even worse paying model. many other games early acess game has. Everyone is gettin in the mmo dont worry YO players wave 2. I bought the true beliver cause then i get 1 more ticket to the mmo. soo i have 2 tickets total in mmo open.
Soo Basicly we are fixing the game soo when everyone is joining MMO should have a better game too play with less bugs and more fun.

Sleepy_

Post by Sleepy_ » 30 Apr 2017, 00:40

Thanks for your thoughts Birdy but i think you missed what the posted was about. You should think of it this way, since you bought the 60$ version you get access to closed beta and all betas. Now when release comes around what if you had to pay another 40$ to get the game you already paid to test and helped fix problems with.. Wouldn't that be a bit of a money grab? Considering you already invested in the game when it wasn't finished. You cant ask for early investment in a product that is not finished and then turn around and charge your investors twice the investment cost for your closer to finished but still not finished product. Hell you cant even charge your early investors for the finished product when your done because you wouldn't have one without them. Many games like this never even go full release, so do we get our money back then? Nope the company just says we failed sorry, we took a risk on early access for LIF and now they have a newer version they want more mind as well just have a subscription. I'm not mad or hating I'm just calling it how I see it.

Bernjoaopt

Post by Bernjoaopt » 30 Apr 2017, 03:34

I agree with you 100% SleepyFox.
They think the whole open-beta invite thing makes up for it, but we all know it's bullshit since the cash-cows have been playing the whole thing for almost a year now.
Never felt so robbed of buying an early access and i own some crazy shit called Killing Floor 2, H1Z1. :oops:

Hold tight tho, the white-knights are coming and there are plenty of them! If only they bought us the MMO thing but no, they "gotta support the developers"! :crazy:

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 30 Apr 2017, 19:46

SleepyFox wrote:Let me get this straight.. I bought the early access version of LIF YO because I believed in what it could become. BitBox says they are working on an MMO server months ago. BitBox uses the money from the LIF YO support to make the MMO version. Then charges all the people who helped make it even happen for the MMO version. What a money grab, I would really enjoy to play and check out the MMO but since the company cant even take off the price of LIF YO from the MMO they are basically grabbing for money from people who have already supported them. Very disappointed.. Mind as well set up a subscription system for all future betas.

I'm sorry I do not understand what you are trying to say. You bought YO but how are you being charged for the mmo again? You didn't have to buy a believer pack if you have YO because you get to beta test during the next wave. If you're upset because you can't test now then I'm sorry your impatience has gotten the better of you. And please refrain from reciting how long you've been waiting to test or play the mmo because I promise I've been here longer. Not trying to be rude and forgive me if I have missed the point of your arguememt, but people being impatient bothers me. :beer:
Once more unto the breach!!

Sleepy_

Post by Sleepy_ » 01 May 2017, 06:08

Personally I'm fine with not getting into test this mmo version. I'm saying I dont want to have to buy the mmo version after I already supported LIF YO. I'm not seeing any information saying LIF YO owners get a free copy just that we get in on wave 2. That is my only issue.

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 01 May 2017, 07:02

SleepyFox wrote:Personally I'm fine with not getting into test this mmo version. I'm saying I dont want to have to buy the mmo version after I already supported LIF YO. I'm not seeing any information saying LIF YO owners get a free copy just that we get in on wave 2. That is my only issue.

Oh that's the problem. Okay. Well good news for you then. YO owners get one free character for the MMO. That is one of the benefits of supporting the game by buying YO.
I'll see if I can find a link to the info.

Here is a link to where someone asked about it. If Arrakis sees this he will confirm it. :D
where-is-my-mmo-account-t22969/?hilit=YO%20owners%20get%20free%20mmo%20character#p98414

Edit: here is a quote of Arrakis
Arrakis wrote:
Acus wrote:Hi
I'm Steam YO owner played over 300h. Currently waiting for beta wave2 (is it live yet? :) )
So, if you have Steam YO in Library, how can you retrieve your character slot in MMO? on this site ?

It won't be possible right now as we are still in wave #1. But in general, the first thing you need to do is log out of the website and log back in using Steam service and link your steam account with LiF in its library. Once that's done, verify your game ownership in the account settings. That will allow you to participate in the wave #2 and receive character ticket that will grant you access to the full game.

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 01 May 2017, 09:13

SleepyFox wrote:I'm not seeing any information saying LIF YO owners get a free copy just that we get in on wave 2. That is my only issue.

It's everywhere. For example in store page :

Included in your purchase, all Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive one character to gain full access to Life is Feudal:MMO open beta tests and release.

Link : http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080

Or in this pinned thread :

Release!
Who is eligible: Everyone who has Life is Feudal: Your Own in their Steam library or who purchased supporter packs or who have acquired a ticket for their character in-game
Start date (aprox.): A few weeks after the end of Beta Wave #2

Link : http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 077102971/

Or in the "About" page here :

Included in your purchase, all Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive one character to gain full access to Life is Feudal:MMO - coming soon.

Link : http://lifeisfeudal.com/Life-is-Feudal-Your-Own-About

etc.
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Sleepy_

Post by Sleepy_ » 01 May 2017, 21:05

Thank the feudal gods! :Yahoo!: All is right in the world as i patiently wait for wave 2 and final release. Ty for the info guys!

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 02 May 2017, 06:14

SleepyFox wrote:Let me get this straight.. I bought the early access version of LIF YO because I believed in what it could become. BitBox says they are working on an MMO server months ago. BitBox uses the money from the LIF YO support to make the MMO version. Then charges all the people who helped make it even happen for the MMO version. What a money grab, I would really enjoy to play and check out the MMO but since the company cant even take off the price of LIF YO from the MMO they are basically grabbing for money from people who have already supported them. Very disappointed.. Mind as well set up a subscription system for all future betas.

I've said it over and over and over again. You DON'T HAVE TO PAY for an MMO access. Wait for damn OBT to come and you'll get your free ticket. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. :Search:

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 05 May 2017, 07:20

Dalejr2000 wrote:

I'm sorry I do not understand what you are trying to say. You bought YO but how are you being charged for the mmo again? You didn't have to buy a believer pack if you have YO because you get to beta test during the next wave. If you're upset because you can't test now then I'm sorry your impatience has gotten the better of you. And please refrain from reciting how long you've been waiting to test or play the mmo because I promise I've been here longer. Not trying to be rude and forgive me if I have missed the point of your arguememt, but people being impatient bothers me. :beer:

What you don't seem to understand is that it's not in any way a favor that YO owners get in during the next wave, as the next wave is literally an Open Beta. You understand what Open Beta means, correct? Anyone is able to test; the point is stress testing the servers and the game under load, so volume is the priority.

Buying YO was about supporting the development of the MMO. Clearly, the team is offering spots in the Alpha test to those who buy supporter packs @ $60 per, so there is very obviously room in the test. However, the same supporters that gave the project a huge cash influx, and were given the idea that they'd receive preferential treatment down the road, simply aren't. Instead, the development team is now asking people to pay into the early tests, instead of taking the people they need from the already existing pool of YO owners.

The issue isn't having a small testing group. The issue is double dipping; you have already charged a group of people to support the MMO effort, and it's extremely fair to make the point that the testers should have been taken at random from that pool, not using another cash grab to generate the testers. Spin all you want, that's a bit shady.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 05 May 2017, 08:28

Rhade wrote:
Dalejr2000 wrote:

What you don't seem to understand is that it's not in any way a favor that YO owners get in during the next wave, as the next wave is literally an Open Beta. You understand what Open Beta means, correct? Anyone is able to test; the point is stress testing the servers and the game under load, so volume is the priority.

Buying YO was about supporting the development of the MMO. Clearly, the team is offering spots in the Alpha test to those who buy supporter packs @ $60 per, so there is very obviously room in the test. However, the same supporters that gave the project a huge cash influx, and were given the idea that they'd receive preferential treatment down the road, simply aren't. Instead, the development team is now asking people to pay into the early tests, instead of taking the people they need from the already existing pool of YO owners.

The issue isn't having a small testing group. The issue is double dipping; you have already charged a group of people to support the MMO effort, and it's extremely fair to make the point that the testers should have been taken at random from that pool, not using another cash grab to generate the testers. Spin all you want, that's a bit shady.

Quite right you are. Still, I wouldn't be so negative until the OBT stage. A straight and prejudiced opinion could be made only after we witness this stuff.

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 05 May 2017, 17:40

Losthorizon350 wrote:Quite right you are. Still, I wouldn't be so negative until the OBT stage. A straight and prejudiced opinion could be made only after we witness this stuff.

This is actually me trying not to be overly negative. Despite how upset I felt when I heard the news and how much further I could take things, I tried to stay objective; even objectively, though, there are some huge issues here. Barring some miraculous change or "Open Beta" not actually meaning open beta, then all of these points stand and it's impossible to logically refute them in a fair way. Questionable decisions by the development team.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 06 May 2017, 02:54

Open Beta with this game does not mean anyone can play for free. It means that anyone who has bought a believer pack or who has purchased the YO version will be able to play. The Open part of it is just them basically releasing the game to the YO population and anyone else that would like to buy a character and play the game for the standard pricing which I believe is about $10 per character.

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 06 May 2017, 03:07

nononon

I just had this discussion in another thread.

Basically, YO owners get a free character for the open beta which will be open to everyone.

However people without YO or closed beta access will have to pay for each character they want, including the first one.

Technically, it's not any kind of "early access", it's "free access".

edit: it's in the FAQ if anyone wants to check (I know, nobody reads FAQs :p)

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 06 May 2017, 04:07

Rhade wrote:
Dalejr2000 wrote:

I concede that they probably should have taken a pool of players from the YO owners if they wanted to stress test, but they probably avoided that because if some get in and the others do not they will anger a lot of people. Also I understand that they have already angered people the way they have done it. I'm sure they didn't want all of YO coming into the MMO yet and this is the path they chose. Can not say I would have chose to do it that way, but it was a lose lose situation for them. No offense meant to you, I agree with your point. Perhaps they charged so much to get into wave 1 as a way to limit the number of players in the MMO? Just a theory.

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 08 May 2017, 07:54

Dalejr2000 wrote:I concede that they probably should have taken a pool of players from the YO owners if they wanted to stress test, but they probably avoided that because if some get in and the others do not they will anger a lot of people. Also I understand that they have already angered people the way they have done it. I'm sure they didn't want all of YO coming into the MMO yet and this is the path they chose. Can not say I would have chose to do it that way, but it was a lose lose situation for them. No offense meant to you, I agree with your point. Perhaps they charged so much to get into wave 1 as a way to limit the number of players in the MMO? Just a theory.

If they wanted to limit the number of testers, they could simply limit it. Stop taking additional testers -- that easy.

No, the high price point isn't to deter, it's to make them more money; they're a business after all, right? More power to them, but businesses should also operate under the assumption of fair play and transparency. It wasn't a lose-lose situation, it was just handled poorly and greedily. I worked in Marketing for years, I could have handled it better myself:

Testers will be pulled from the YO pool, at random, as this is the only fair way to do things. We value the input of everyone equally, although at the current state, the game as it exists is not going to be able to handle every single player that wants to test it. We made the decision not to charge for access, as we've already charged the vast majority of interested players a few years ago with our Your Own launch that so many of you supported us with.

I wrote that in thirty seconds. Give me an hour and I'll have a press release written out that covers their ass perfectly, and maneuvers through this issue with transparency and ethical business practices.

You're a pretty good guy for seeing the unfairness and admitting it. That would even be enough, but all I see are deleted posts, locked threads, and hard, smug attitudes. Hope you're enjoying the MMO; personally, as much as I'd like to see it, I won't be supporting the incredibly underhanded marketing tactics and spending over $100 to get access, with YO included. I'll wait until 2018 or 2019 when OBT starts.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Fireraizer
Alpha Tester

Post by Fireraizer » 08 May 2017, 16:51

Rhade wrote:
Dalejr2000 wrote:I concede that they probably should have taken a pool of players from the YO owners if they wanted to stress test, but they probably avoided that because if some get in and the others do not they will anger a lot of people. Also I understand that they have already angered people the way they have done it. I'm sure they didn't want all of YO coming into the MMO yet and this is the path they chose. Can not say I would have chose to do it that way, but it was a lose lose situation for them. No offense meant to you, I agree with your point. Perhaps they charged so much to get into wave 1 as a way to limit the number of players in the MMO? Just a theory.

If they wanted to limit the number of testers, they could simply limit it. Stop taking additional testers -- that easy.

No, the high price point isn't to deter, it's to make them more money; they're a business after all, right? More power to them, but businesses should also operate under the assumption of fair play and transparency. It wasn't a lose-lose situation, it was just handled poorly and greedily. I worked in Marketing for years, I could have handled it better myself:

Testers will be pulled from the YO pool, at random, as this is the only fair way to do things. We value the input of everyone equally, although at the current state, the game as it exists is not going to be able to handle every single player that wants to test it. We made the decision not to charge for access, as we've already charged the vast majority of interested players a few years ago with our Your Own launch that so many of you supported us with.

I wrote that in thirty seconds. Give me an hour and I'll have a press release written out that covers their ass perfectly, and maneuvers through this issue with transparency and ethical business practices.

You're a pretty good guy for seeing the unfairness and admitting it. That would even be enough, but all I see are deleted posts, locked threads, and hard, smug attitudes. Hope you're enjoying the MMO; personally, as much as I'd like to see it, I won't be supporting the incredibly underhanded marketing tactics and spending over $100 to get access, with YO included. I'll wait until 2018 or 2019 when OBT starts.

I have no experience in marketing, so I value your input. I assume it's exactly how you called it. Saw a chance to make some more money and they took it. They're a business like you said, so I guess it was hard for them to pass up the opportunity.

Return to General Discussion