LF Info Abt Population

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Killa162

LF Info Abt Population

Post by Killa162 » 14 Feb 2017, 02:59

So before I invent $40 into a early access game that interests me since I'm a sucker for Medieval games, not to mention MMO progression with levels/exp of performing such actions. How do the servers look for the YO version, and not the MMO. Don't want to buy the game and see that only a few a few servers are active. And I mean all hours and all days. Since having a job and playing other games other than this one I'd like to have a feeling of loading the game up and seeing servers always full to play.

So...
1.) Is this game populated ENOUGH? (More than 4-5 active servers to choose from from browser.)

2.) If there's prime times of when servers are populated and when their not, what times are these? (Days/Times)

3.) And lastly something I didn't say above, are their newb friendly servers where people can explain stuff or teach you how to play? Since the game is a lot more complex, than say Rust.

Also is the YO version worth $40? Or is the MMO more worth it? Even though that's not even released in Open Beta yet.

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Re: LF Info Abt Population

Post by BlackjackBarret » 14 Feb 2017, 03:26

Hello there, I'm glad to see new players coming in still. The game is populated, you'll most likely have one or two full servers and about three to six at around 40 players give or take 10 or so, mind you that the server population cap is 64. The prime times all depend on the server depending on which region they cater to most, such as US, EU, GER, FR, ect. All servers are "noob friendly" to some extent, you'll probably see some developing groups which will need more members and they'll be glad to show you how to do whatever job they are lacking. I personally believe the game is worth $40 since i have over 1k hours in it, but if you want it cheaper look on g2a.com and you can find a steam key for about $20. The mmo is current is beta wave 1 and will be going into beta wave 2 in a few months which will give all players with LIF:YO access. If you have any more questions about the game feel free to contact me on steam, just look for Blackjack Barret.

Killa162

Post by Killa162 » 14 Feb 2017, 03:43

BlackjackBarret wrote:Hello there, I'm glad to see new players coming in still. The game is populated, you'll most likely have one or two full servers and about three to six at around 40 players give or take 10 or so, mind you that the server population cap is 64. The prime times all depend on the server depending on which region they cater to most, such as US, EU, GER, FR, ect. All servers are "noob friendly" to some extent, you'll probably see some developing groups which will need more members and they'll be glad to show you how to do whatever job they are lacking. I personally believe the game is worth $40 since i have over 1k hours in it, but if you want it cheaper look on g2a.com and you can find a steam key for about $20. The mmo is current is beta wave 1 and will be going into beta wave 2 in a few months which will give all players with LIF:YO access. If you have any more questions about the game feel free to contact me on steam, just look for Blackjack Barret.

Are majority RP servers thou? I'm not looking for RP servers, forgot to mention that.

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackjackBarret » 14 Feb 2017, 04:07

Killa162 wrote:
BlackjackBarret wrote:Hello there, I'm glad to see new players coming in still. The game is populated, you'll most likely have one or two full servers and about three to six at around 40 players give or take 10 or so, mind you that the server population cap is 64. The prime times all depend on the server depending on which region they cater to most, such as US, EU, GER, FR, ect. All servers are "noob friendly" to some extent, you'll probably see some developing groups which will need more members and they'll be glad to show you how to do whatever job they are lacking. I personally believe the game is worth $40 since i have over 1k hours in it, but if you want it cheaper look on g2a.com and you can find a steam key for about $20. The mmo is current is beta wave 1 and will be going into beta wave 2 in a few months which will give all players with LIF:YO access. If you have any more questions about the game feel free to contact me on steam, just look for Blackjack Barret.

Are majority RP servers thou? I'm not looking for RP servers, forgot to mention that.

A lot of servers are RP servers or try to get people to rp, most servers have a rules list and the majority say no kos (kill on sight) or kos only at night. If you're looking to do mainly pvp though the group I'm with, Aberon, is a larger group that is pvp oriented and we could teach you the game. If you're not familiar with the combat system of the game go to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nyo2CeX1E this is a compilation of some of the combat we've done. If you have any more questions please ask away and i'll try to respond to you promptly

Killa162

Post by Killa162 » 14 Feb 2017, 04:56

BlackjackBarret wrote:
Killa162 wrote:

A lot of servers are RP servers or try to get people to rp, most servers have a rules list and the majority say no kos (kill on sight) or kos only at night. If you're looking to do mainly pvp though the group I'm with, Aberon, is a larger group that is pvp oriented and we could teach you the game. If you're not familiar with the combat system of the game go to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nyo2CeX1E this is a compilation of some of the combat we've done. If you have any more questions please ask away and I'll try to respond to you promptly

Looks pretty much like M&B(Mount and Blade) combat. I would like to learn the game. Is your group USA based? And is it more East or West coast oriented? Rules are fine to follow, every server has rules in games. So following rules is fine, but I'm not a huge RP fan and don't know how to RP anyhow. Lastly tell me some general info about your group.

Bestial

Post by Bestial » 14 Feb 2017, 05:24

dont buy it mate , wait till wave 2 in 6 months or so , they are not very organized .

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackjackBarret » 14 Feb 2017, 13:59

Killa162 wrote:
Looks pretty much like M&B(Mount and Blade) combat. I would like to learn the game. Is your group USA based? And is it more East or West coast oriented? Rules are fine to follow, every server has rules in games. So following rules is fine, but I'm not a huge RP fan and don't know how to RP anyhow. Lastly tell me some general info about your group.

The combat system is similar to M&B since it is directional based. The combat system however is a bit more realistic since it uses a physics engine. This allows for what we like to call handle hits, where someone literally hits you with their handle instead of the dmg end of the weapon and it does little dmg. This is a clip from our guild recruitment post and should answer most of your questions about the group I'm with.

"The Kingdom of Aberon is a Highly active group currently playing on LIF:YO with the intention of becoming a major player in the MMO. We have a large number of members currently and are very active. If you are interested Add: Bolton of Aberon or Regnar of Aberon on steam and I will give you our discord information. Feel free to leave a message on the forum as well.

Our website: http://aberon.org/

If you are looking for a friendly group to skill with or PVP we are looking for all types.

We are American and EU time zone friendly."

If you're still not sure about the game yet go to this link: https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/tutorials.php this is the official tutorial and should give you a good overview of what you'd be doing in the game.

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 14 Feb 2017, 14:07

Bestial wrote:dont buy it mate , wait till wave 2 in 6 months or so , they are not very organized .

Why? He can buy one of MMO packs now and play in this month. And he also will receive YO access (silver and gold edition). Do not confuse him.

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackjackBarret » 14 Feb 2017, 16:36

Olivemanchester wrote:
Bestial wrote:dont buy it mate , wait till wave 2 in 6 months or so , they are not very organized .

Why? He can buy one of MMO packs now and play in this month. And he also will receive YO access (silver and gold edition). Do not confuse him.

It's just a matter of what you'd like to pay. If you go to g2a.com you can get LIF:YO for around $20 usd, if you go through steam with no sale then $40, but the devoted believer pack is up at $69 and I'm not sure someone new to the game would want to pay that much to get into beta wave 1.

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 14 Feb 2017, 18:15

Also is the YO version worth $40? Or is the MMO more worth it? Even though that's not even released in Open Beta yet.

Hello,

I recommend you start on learning the basics with lif:YO because there is lot to learn and you might want to be fully operational once you join the MMO (currently offline).
So you can familiarize with the survival/crafting/fighting system on a pvp server if you want and get hired into a guild (it won't matter if you are newbie). There are many US or EU based servers, even AUS etc. and usually they have their own website to advertise if they are pvp focused or not. Most servers have pop peak around 7-9pm daily depending on time zone, with very few poplocked , and some with around 40 ppl on it (max 64 as blackjackbarret mentioned).

Then if you like the game further, check this forum and once they communicate that MMO server is back up online (somewhere in february), you may want to upgrade with one of the packs.... or wait till final release in few months if you don't like wipes.
Also bear in mind that YO servers will probably all merge into MMO once it is fully released.

To me the YO game is worth 40$ and the MMO even more since I bought a pack after thousands of YO gameplay hours because I think it is unique on the market and I enjoy it. As far as I know none of them propose crafting, fighting and terraforming on a MMO scale at the same time, it is a sophisticated version of a sandbox which is exactly what I am looking for.

I hope this helps...

Killa162

Post by Killa162 » 15 Feb 2017, 07:02

Thank you all for the info. I appreciate the responsiveness, and speed of how fast I received these answers. This really shows me how this community is compared to other communities. As if I were to make posts about questions I have prior to, or take a minute to ask something that I didn't know when I already own the game. So thank you very much.

I will most likely pick up the game this weekend on Friday. Then I can start playing over the weekend too start learning. Other than Blackjack, I also got one PM about a group of people to play the game with.

If you have guilds, or groups that are the type that I'm looking for then please feel free to either PM me, or write a reply here. Otherwise add me on steam, http://steamcommunity.com/id/Killa162/. You could also just search Rhogar, my picture is of Rexxar the orc hunter from WoW.

At the current time I don't have any more questions other than how to play the game. But what good is that going to do, than just purchase the game and play it. I currently have a playlist of YouTube videos from an individual that shows a group of 5 starting from scratch. They're very detailed to explain things as they go along. But please if you have a guild or group that is PvP oriented, and not heavily into RP, or no RP; then please contact me. I'm not a huge RP'er, and never really have been since I think RP is slightly cringe worthy. However if your group just loves the game and plays it for the raw enjoyment of it. Then tell me about your group, I'd love to hear it.
:)

Edit: Fixed grammar, and cut some repetitive/run-on sentences that I didn't catch while writing the post.

Return to Newcomer Section