I believe that there is some misunderstanding here.
1. We do not plan to ban/kick for macroing, BUT
2. We do everything to avoid that macroing and make it senseless.
We were talking with you about ONE of abilities out of almost 170 of others. And that ability from Forestry, you can not even chop trees with Forestry skill.
Let me explain my vision since I know mechanics of a bit more abilities, then you do
- Some abilities are minor and does not create anything - these are inspecting abilities and "Inspect a tree" for instance. You can macro them of course and that will be hard to prevent really, but that will not create much of advantage.
- Some crafting abilities are actually have "macro" functionality in them - autocraft option that will consume all your ingredients to mass produce a certain amount of items. It can be coped with minigames in some crafts, so you can either play minigames as mad and be a bit faster or better, or just stuff your inventory with all ingredients and just lay back while your character will be creating 5000 nails or knives.
- Some abilities are very hard or almost impossible to macro and there is no autocraft either. For instance objects construction, tunneling, terraforming, farming, stable management, smelting and so on.So you are either do not get much from macroing, or it is already officially implemented or it is simply impossible.As I've stated before, our game is not about faster skills progression and grinding - it is about a proper USE of those skills aka individual player skill.
BUT if you WANT to grind and WANT to macro to get some minor or mythical advantage over other players - you're free to do that
You will even get some title and/or vanity effect to show off to others, how hardcore player you are once you hit 100 lvl of some skill.
But for the rest of players our game is designed to get a normal skill progression during normal gameplay without messing with macroing/bot running.