[MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

ZombiEMA

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 11.11

Post by ZombiEMA » 20 Nov 2014, 01:49

Yea i dont know maybe u need a cleanup of none used buildings ETC ^^ Seems to lag on my friends PC as well idk. but ill try figure somehting out

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 20 Nov 2014, 09:02

ZombiEMA wrote:Yea i dont know maybe u need a cleanup of none used buildings ETC ^^ Seems to lag on my friends PC as well idk. but ill try figure somehting out

I also had this problem. I lowered the visibility distance for big and huge object considerably (I have those on 200-300). This improved the situation for me.

Taszi

Post by Taszi » 20 Nov 2014, 12:07

The fire dragons come from the mountain. ;) I have a decent good PC, and also I am just building our castle. so me too have lowered the graphics details, and the server works fine for me.

Thanks for the compatibility update, is great work. This menu tweak is a small thing, but looks nice.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 21 Nov 2014, 12:13

Cycle changed to 9 hours instead of 24. I don't want to drop it too low instantly.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Kaeso
True Believer

Post by Kaeso » 22 Nov 2014, 20:27

Really great mod, enjoying the server.

If any of the settlements are looking for some extra help then drop me a mail or let me know who to chat too. I am skilling as a blacksmith

ZombiEMA

Post by ZombiEMA » 23 Nov 2014, 00:43

So few playing on the server -.- think the big peoples left, wouldnt mind a wipe :D remove some lags maybe? :d

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 23 Nov 2014, 15:04

ZombiEMA wrote:So few playing on the server -.- think the big peoples left, wouldnt mind a wipe :D remove some lags maybe? :d

We (HUNs) would not like a complete wipe, we have several hundred work hours already invested into our base. Admin/GM could delete abandoned bases manually though, if that would be ok.

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 24 Nov 2014, 14:17

Ponge wrote:We (HUNs) would not like a complete wipe, we have several hundred work hours already invested into our base. Admin/GM could delete abandoned bases manually though, if that would be ok.

Since this game is in an early Alpha stage, there will be several necessary wipes in the future - you should get used to the thought ;)

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 25 Nov 2014, 10:35

Puschpa wrote:
Ponge wrote:We (HUNs) would not like a complete wipe, we have several hundred work hours already invested into our base. Admin/GM could delete abandoned bases manually though, if that would be ok.

Since this game is in an early Alpha stage, there will be several necessary wipes in the future - you should get used to the thought ;)

Of course, there will be wipes, for sure. And we agree that wipes are due sometime, but they should be limited to when it is absolute necessary because of updates/changes that would ruin server/client integrity without a wipe.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

Post by Maegfaer » 26 Nov 2014, 19:03

v12.12
  • 0.2.7.1 compatibility.
My Modding Guide

Taszi

Post by Taszi » 26 Nov 2014, 21:32

Hi,

Thanks, this was a quick update!

We found a new bug, the log looks like the table when lifted, the Plough looks like a chair, the chest looks like cabinet, and so on. ;)

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 27 Nov 2014, 18:45

Hy.

In the game, I cannot use the cart and wheelbarrow despite it is said in the update they are useable now. Is it just in this mod, or it was not implemented after all?

Taszi

Post by Taszi » 28 Nov 2014, 11:28

Anyway the Cart is requires 2 wheel to build and on the image of crafting window has only 1 wheeled device, and the wheelbarrow requires one wheel to built and on the image has 2.

Both of them only can be open by right click menu. For operating or lift up requires any skill like General actions ? ( I already have 100 )

Is it possible to tweak the capacity of these devices?
The barrel is 750, the wheelbarrow is 400 and the 4 wheeled cart is 400 also. I think if the barrel is 750 those devices was too small.

Or even the Large warehouse is could be increased maybe up to 60000 like the crafting buildings, because the stuffs are goes into barrels, I don't know, but I think we have around 100 barrels, and some crates, crat and so on which is a lot of objects.

Kass

Post by Kass » 28 Nov 2014, 11:53

i testest the new tradert cart and wheelbarrow on a private server and i could use it. i spoke whit ponge yesterday and after that i will put my toughts: on Official game the trader cart carry 1200 stones, need 4 wheels 80 nails, 6 metal band and 18 hardwood boards. i could pull, push and open it. and it need to be dropeed to leave to use.
wheelbarrow carry 400 stones and need 2 wheels 20 nails 6 hardwod boards.

IF you want i can test anything than we need to check to find the bugs between the changes and official server.
See you ingame

Kass.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 28 Nov 2014, 13:42

Kass wrote:i testest the new tradert cart and wheelbarrow on a private server and i could use it.

Were you in GM mode when you used it? I think I read somewhere that it only works in GM mode. I haven't time to test it myself right now.
My Modding Guide

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 28 Nov 2014, 13:51

Mod was updated, server is outdated.

Also, did you notice that the materials needed for lamp and lamp post are messed up? Lamp needs rope and building log, while lamp post needs glass; it should be the other way around.

We talked with the others, and what is your opinion on this: an in-game day should be set to 3 hours instead of 1, because this way plants fully grow in 24 hours (8 cycles x 3 hours), which might make life easier for those who can play in a specific time frame of the day.

Taszi

Post by Taszi » 28 Nov 2014, 16:31

If its updateing the server for this new patch, could we ask to change the server cycle period to 3 hours. That means, the plant will fullygrowth in 1 RL day, so If i plant today tomorow I could harvest. I think this would be nice for all of us
The 1 hour is too fast day cycle is too fast, If someone plant goo sleep, other day go work, then he could not harvest and the plant will be rotten.

What others thinking about this?

Kass

Post by Kass » 28 Nov 2014, 18:19

Maegfaer wrote:
Kass wrote:i testest the new tradert cart and wheelbarrow on a private server and i could use it.

Were you in GM mode when you used it? I think I read somewhere that it only works in GM mode. I haven't time to test it myself right now.

yes yesterday i was on gm mode. today after the small patch i tested again on player mode and i could pull and push it. it work like yesterday for a player.

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 28 Nov 2014, 19:09

Kass wrote:yes yesterday i was on gm mode. today after the small patch i tested again on player mode and i could pull and push it. it work like yesterday for a player.

Yes, the small patch today fixed carts and wheelbarrow for vanilla, and they work on my (modded) server too. Was the first thing my settlers checked, after the server was back :)

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 28 Nov 2014, 19:26

Server has just been updated to today's minipatch. I wasn't even aware of it's release, thank you for talking about it in this thread.
My Modding Guide

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 28 Nov 2014, 19:27

Oh, and I changed the day cycle to 3 hours per your requests, your arguments made sense.

Animal count is also increased from 60 to 100, I read people have trouble finding certain animals now that there are more types.
My Modding Guide

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 28 Nov 2014, 21:07

It seems you cannot put cows and bulls into a Warehouse (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Warehouse). Could that be fixed in this mod? It seems to be illogical, that building seems to be large enough for that. Same for horses.

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 29 Nov 2014, 05:30

Ponge wrote:It seems you cannot put cows and bulls into a Warehouse (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Warehouse). Could that be fixed in this mod? It seems to be illogical, that building seems to be large enough for that. Same for horses.

Seems the tamed animals are too long for any container, you cannot even drop them on the ground into a bag.

And one of my settlers complained, as long you carry one of those animals in your inventory, you cannot tame another one.

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 29 Nov 2014, 13:26

Puschpa wrote:
Ponge wrote:It seems you cannot put cows and bulls into a Warehouse (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Warehouse). Could that be fixed in this mod? It seems to be illogical, that building seems to be large enough for that. Same for horses.

Seems the tamed animals are too long for any container, you cannot even drop them on the ground into a bag.

And one of my settlers complained, as long you carry one of those animals in your inventory, you cannot tame another one.

We managed to tame more than one by one person; you might be doing someting wrong or something is bugged. You have to feed different (random?) amount of food to an animal to tame it. Once one of use fed 1 (one) apple to a cow to tame it; other time, a sow ate 60-70 apples before it was tamed. Is there any message indicating you cannot tame an other animal while one is already in your inventory?

Things has a parameter called length, and that might be the one restricting the large animals being put into other containers. However, I am not certain on this.

Cows, bulls (and perhaps horses in the future) can only be placed into a small stable/large stable or a large warehouse. It would be nice if the (medium) warehouse (the one with 3k capacity) would be added to the list. If a community has few people or a too small village for a large warehouse, they could still store the excess animals somewhere.

Also, the capacity of the wheeled vehicled should be revised I thin, they are too low based on their speed.

Maegfaer, I'd have a request to you: could you please give info on which armor has what amount of defense against the different damage types? Or where could we check this information?

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 01 Dec 2014, 22:51

Ponge wrote:
Puschpa wrote:

We managed to tame more than one by one person; you might be doing someting wrong or something is bugged. You have to feed different (random?) amount of food to an animal to tame it. Once one of use fed 1 (one) apple to a cow to tame it; other time, a sow ate 60-70 apples before it was tamed. Is there any message indicating you cannot tame an other animal while one is already in your inventory?

Things has a parameter called length, and that might be the one restricting the large animals being put into other containers. However, I am not certain on this.

Cows, bulls (and perhaps horses in the future) can only be placed into a small stable/large stable or a large warehouse. It would be nice if the (medium) warehouse (the one with 3k capacity) would be added to the list. If a community has few people or a too small village for a large warehouse, they could still store the excess animals somewhere.

Also, the capacity of the wheeled vehicled should be revised I thin, they are too low based on their speed.

Maegfaer, I'd have a request to you: could you please give info on which armor has what amount of defense against the different damage types? Or where could we check this information?

So, update on that actually..

Pigs fit into warehouses (weigh in at 50 stones), but not crate, barrels, or bags. I didn't try the trade cart as the only one I had access to was claimed by someone else and they cannot unclaim it.

For one in inventory, I used 110 apples on a second sow while holding the first, no tame, put the first into the warehouse and immediately was able to tame the second.

So far, as long as I do not hold a tamed sow in my inventory, I tame the second one with 1 apple (my AH skill was 100 for all of these and the apples all came from the same stack/ql) If I hold a tamed sow, the apple is consumed, but the second pig is not tamed.

Granted this is too small of a pool to make any real determination on if the mechanic is working correctly or not, especially as some are saying they do get a tame attempt to work just with some random number of feed.
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 02 Dec 2014, 09:14

Ponge wrote:Maegfaer, I'd have a request to you: could you please give info on which armor has what amount of defense against the different damage types? Or where could we check this information?

Check post36386/#p36386

Under 'How to change armour protection values', the mentioned file also exists client-side.
My Modding Guide

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 02 Dec 2014, 19:39

Haladmer wrote:So, update on that actually..

Pigs fit into warehouses (weigh in at 50 stones), but not crate, barrels, or bags. I didn't try the trade cart as the only one I had access to was claimed by someone else and they cannot unclaim it.

For one in inventory, I used 110 apples on a second sow while holding the first, no tame, put the first into the warehouse and immediately was able to tame the second.

So far, as long as I do not hold a tamed sow in my inventory, I tame the second one with 1 apple (my AH skill was 100 for all of these and the apples all came from the same stack/ql) If I hold a tamed sow, the apple is consumed, but the second pig is not tamed.

Granted this is too small of a pool to make any real determination on if the mechanic is working correctly or not, especially as some are saying they do get a tame attempt to work just with some random number of feed.

For those still interested:

Starting to look like the odd mechanic behaviors may be based on client corruption or a locally misconfigured file(s).

Had an issue earlier today where I could move pig/boar deeds into the warehouse, but could not move them back into my inventory (received the "Container too small" error), no matter how much or little else I was carrying. Had someone else try and it worked correctly for them, so thinking something may have corrupted in my client files during one of the server crashes/forced disconnects. I will re-install the files to verify later tonight.
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Kass

Post by Kass » 05 Dec 2014, 17:39

patch on we need a new modded patch please Maegfar.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 13.12

Post by Maegfaer » 06 Dec 2014, 21:29

Updated.
My Modding Guide

Elias79

Post by Elias79 » 06 Dec 2014, 22:49

I have tried to look for you on Teamspeak but your server is offline i have also sent you a PM here some weeks ago but no reply, so here goes my questions in this thread instead.

1. Have you found out how to make terraforming more effective at higher levels, i was thinking 5-10 times more at maximum level and having it taking 10-20 times longer time to level it to 100, and if that is not possible yet or to difficult to change skill requirements from 30 and 60 to 15 and 30 maybe we could use workaround of the ability leveling terraforming past 100 to maybe 500 or 1000 ?

2. Is it possible to boost terraforming speed with each extra strength
skill point as that would make more sense.

3. Is it "possible" to make all skills slower to level but also more effective at max levels, those that might need it anyway.

4. I would like to ability to gain strength while carrying heavy objects
per meter walked lets say 0.05% or something.

And when we talk terraforming i do not mean tunneling but the real terraforming done to the ground.

I know these ideas are not new but wanted to know if you found any solutions to them since the laast time we talked on teamspeak, not sure but i think it was 3 or 4 weeks since we talked about it all now, well good job on the updates would love to hear what is the planning for this mod, let me know if you have a new teamspeak for life is balanced, talk to you later.

Return to Modded Servers