[MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 12.12

Post by Maegfaer » 28 Nov 2014, 19:27

Oh, and I changed the day cycle to 3 hours per your requests, your arguments made sense.

Animal count is also increased from 60 to 100, I read people have trouble finding certain animals now that there are more types.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 28 Nov 2014, 21:07

It seems you cannot put cows and bulls into a Warehouse (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Warehouse). Could that be fixed in this mod? It seems to be illogical, that building seems to be large enough for that. Same for horses.

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 29 Nov 2014, 05:30

Ponge wrote:It seems you cannot put cows and bulls into a Warehouse (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Warehouse). Could that be fixed in this mod? It seems to be illogical, that building seems to be large enough for that. Same for horses.

Seems the tamed animals are too long for any container, you cannot even drop them on the ground into a bag.

And one of my settlers complained, as long you carry one of those animals in your inventory, you cannot tame another one.

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 29 Nov 2014, 13:26

Puschpa wrote:
Ponge wrote:It seems you cannot put cows and bulls into a Warehouse (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Warehouse). Could that be fixed in this mod? It seems to be illogical, that building seems to be large enough for that. Same for horses.

Seems the tamed animals are too long for any container, you cannot even drop them on the ground into a bag.

And one of my settlers complained, as long you carry one of those animals in your inventory, you cannot tame another one.

We managed to tame more than one by one person; you might be doing someting wrong or something is bugged. You have to feed different (random?) amount of food to an animal to tame it. Once one of use fed 1 (one) apple to a cow to tame it; other time, a sow ate 60-70 apples before it was tamed. Is there any message indicating you cannot tame an other animal while one is already in your inventory?

Things has a parameter called length, and that might be the one restricting the large animals being put into other containers. However, I am not certain on this.

Cows, bulls (and perhaps horses in the future) can only be placed into a small stable/large stable or a large warehouse. It would be nice if the (medium) warehouse (the one with 3k capacity) would be added to the list. If a community has few people or a too small village for a large warehouse, they could still store the excess animals somewhere.

Also, the capacity of the wheeled vehicled should be revised I thin, they are too low based on their speed.

Maegfaer, I'd have a request to you: could you please give info on which armor has what amount of defense against the different damage types? Or where could we check this information?

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 01 Dec 2014, 22:51

Ponge wrote:
Puschpa wrote:

We managed to tame more than one by one person; you might be doing someting wrong or something is bugged. You have to feed different (random?) amount of food to an animal to tame it. Once one of use fed 1 (one) apple to a cow to tame it; other time, a sow ate 60-70 apples before it was tamed. Is there any message indicating you cannot tame an other animal while one is already in your inventory?

Things has a parameter called length, and that might be the one restricting the large animals being put into other containers. However, I am not certain on this.

Cows, bulls (and perhaps horses in the future) can only be placed into a small stable/large stable or a large warehouse. It would be nice if the (medium) warehouse (the one with 3k capacity) would be added to the list. If a community has few people or a too small village for a large warehouse, they could still store the excess animals somewhere.

Also, the capacity of the wheeled vehicled should be revised I thin, they are too low based on their speed.

Maegfaer, I'd have a request to you: could you please give info on which armor has what amount of defense against the different damage types? Or where could we check this information?

So, update on that actually..

Pigs fit into warehouses (weigh in at 50 stones), but not crate, barrels, or bags. I didn't try the trade cart as the only one I had access to was claimed by someone else and they cannot unclaim it.

For one in inventory, I used 110 apples on a second sow while holding the first, no tame, put the first into the warehouse and immediately was able to tame the second.

So far, as long as I do not hold a tamed sow in my inventory, I tame the second one with 1 apple (my AH skill was 100 for all of these and the apples all came from the same stack/ql) If I hold a tamed sow, the apple is consumed, but the second pig is not tamed.

Granted this is too small of a pool to make any real determination on if the mechanic is working correctly or not, especially as some are saying they do get a tame attempt to work just with some random number of feed.
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 02 Dec 2014, 09:14

Ponge wrote:Maegfaer, I'd have a request to you: could you please give info on which armor has what amount of defense against the different damage types? Or where could we check this information?

Check post36386/#p36386

Under 'How to change armour protection values', the mentioned file also exists client-side.
My Modding Guide

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 02 Dec 2014, 19:39

Haladmer wrote:So, update on that actually..

Pigs fit into warehouses (weigh in at 50 stones), but not crate, barrels, or bags. I didn't try the trade cart as the only one I had access to was claimed by someone else and they cannot unclaim it.

For one in inventory, I used 110 apples on a second sow while holding the first, no tame, put the first into the warehouse and immediately was able to tame the second.

So far, as long as I do not hold a tamed sow in my inventory, I tame the second one with 1 apple (my AH skill was 100 for all of these and the apples all came from the same stack/ql) If I hold a tamed sow, the apple is consumed, but the second pig is not tamed.

Granted this is too small of a pool to make any real determination on if the mechanic is working correctly or not, especially as some are saying they do get a tame attempt to work just with some random number of feed.

For those still interested:

Starting to look like the odd mechanic behaviors may be based on client corruption or a locally misconfigured file(s).

Had an issue earlier today where I could move pig/boar deeds into the warehouse, but could not move them back into my inventory (received the "Container too small" error), no matter how much or little else I was carrying. Had someone else try and it worked correctly for them, so thinking something may have corrupted in my client files during one of the server crashes/forced disconnects. I will re-install the files to verify later tonight.
- Henry Kissinger

Kass

Post by Kass » 05 Dec 2014, 17:39

patch on we need a new modded patch please Maegfar.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: [MOD] Life is Balanced, 13.12

Post by Maegfaer » 06 Dec 2014, 21:29

Updated.
My Modding Guide

Elias79

Post by Elias79 » 06 Dec 2014, 22:49

I have tried to look for you on Teamspeak but your server is offline i have also sent you a PM here some weeks ago but no reply, so here goes my questions in this thread instead.

1. Have you found out how to make terraforming more effective at higher levels, i was thinking 5-10 times more at maximum level and having it taking 10-20 times longer time to level it to 100, and if that is not possible yet or to difficult to change skill requirements from 30 and 60 to 15 and 30 maybe we could use workaround of the ability leveling terraforming past 100 to maybe 500 or 1000 ?

2. Is it possible to boost terraforming speed with each extra strength
skill point as that would make more sense.

3. Is it "possible" to make all skills slower to level but also more effective at max levels, those that might need it anyway.

4. I would like to ability to gain strength while carrying heavy objects
per meter walked lets say 0.05% or something.

And when we talk terraforming i do not mean tunneling but the real terraforming done to the ground.

I know these ideas are not new but wanted to know if you found any solutions to them since the laast time we talked on teamspeak, not sure but i think it was 3 or 4 weeks since we talked about it all now, well good job on the updates would love to hear what is the planning for this mod, let me know if you have a new teamspeak for life is balanced, talk to you later.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 07 Dec 2014, 10:11

No to all of them... :(
My Modding Guide

XFallenHeart

Post by XFallenHeart » 09 Dec 2014, 17:50

Thank you for all your contribution to the community of active and budding modders/scriptors and admins. I did have a question what are your terms of use on your LiB mod? Is it ok to grab this and modify for ones own server?

-XFallenHeart

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 10 Dec 2014, 11:14

XFallenHeart wrote:Thank you for all your contribution to the community of active and budding modders/scriptors and admins. I did have a question what are your terms of use on your LiB mod? Is it ok to grab this and modify for ones own server?

-XFallenHeart

The server files have not been uploaded.

Modding tools are in the works, when they are out I'll release the mod's server files.
My Modding Guide

Kass

Post by Kass » 16 Dec 2014, 17:37

new patch today maegfar we need a update.

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 16 Dec 2014, 22:12

I did not find this "stuff turns into other stuff when you lift it up" (log turns into a bench, etc) thing on the bug report forum (correct me if I'm wrong), so it is possible that is a mod issue, could you please look into it? Thanks.

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 16 Dec 2014, 22:46

Ponge wrote:I did not find this "stuff turns into other stuff when you lift it up" (log turns into a bench, etc) thing on the bug report forum (correct me if I'm wrong), so it is possible that is a mod issue, could you please look into it? Thanks.

With the new fortification modules and containers, a wild guess would be it's probably due to the custom item ids being updated in the core file vs the mod's item list.
- Henry Kissinger

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 17 Dec 2014, 07:40

Haladmer wrote:
Ponge wrote:I did not find this "stuff turns into other stuff when you lift it up" (log turns into a bench, etc) thing on the bug report forum (correct me if I'm wrong), so it is possible that is a mod issue, could you please look into it? Thanks.

With the new fortification modules and containers, a wild guess would be it's probably due to the custom item ids being updated in the core file vs the mod's item list.

I don't know, but this problem has been present since the patch that put the new kind of animals in, so your explanation is highly probable.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 17 Dec 2014, 14:33

I'm aware of the patch, problem is that the more overlapping changes of the official patches and my mod exist, the longer it takes me every time to re-merge them all. Right now I'm looking at well over an hour (perhaps two) of reviewing changes, merging and testing them at the test server. To be honest I can't afford that right now due to other responsibilities.

Another problem is me not having time lately to extensively play the game myself. As the devs rebalance and extend the game, their updates unbalance my previous balancing changes, and I don't have the time right now to review the new balance of combat and crafting after updates.

Concerning this server specifically, there have been complaints about too little GM activity, which I completely understand. A problem here is that I don't really know anyone on the server well enough who is both active enough and who I trust with GM status. I don't want the server be ruined by cheating either.

Another issue is that with the new fortification modules, I imagine that most people at some point want to redo their cities.

We should discuss what to do with this mod and this server. I understand many of you have hundreds of hours of work in this server, so I won't just shut it down permanently without consulting with you first.

In my view it's becoming pretty clear that I can't maintain this mod and corresponding server(s) on my own anymore.

Now, I'm lately working on something that will make modding drastically easier and faster. If it were up to me, I'd release it's first version first (which is almost done), and then gather a group of modders to do a reboot of 'Life is Balanced'. All the code and files would be published in a source control repository (like Mercurial, Git or SVN). Other modders would be given 'commit' rights as well, and together we'd review the balance and keep expanding the mod, with at least one public beta/test server. Anyone could run their own 'Life is Balanced' server, and the group of modders would release proper server update files after patches as well.
My Modding Guide

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 17 Dec 2014, 15:02

I understand your status, RL always should come before games.

Me (and perhaps most of us) do not want to see the server gone or wiped due to the work implemented as you mentioned. I hope there is a solution good for all of us.

Personally I think it would be best to update the server now, as I doubt the developers will make an other update till new year (holidays and all), so people can play around with the new containers, and work on that tool you mentioned then. As I said, this is my sole opinion.

However, if the new patch will be implemented into your server much later (I could not really determine that from your post), could you at least start up the server with the old version? Some of us have backups from the old client, so we could play and make progress with our base until you update the server and the mod.

XFallenHeart

Post by XFallenHeart » 09 Jan 2015, 16:58

I am astounded you were able to keep up with the release schedule and stay functional at such an early stage of development. I think everyone on your server will have to understand that server/mod wipes will happen at this early stage. Please update if you do develop a team to further the modding community as you have done so far.

-XFallenHeart
Escape Artist Gaming

Traeck

Post by Traeck » 17 Jan 2015, 11:18

Hey how do you change the timer for unrooting the stumps?

Id didnt find anything like that in my Database...

Greetings

Schattenfalke

Post by Schattenfalke » 31 Jan 2015, 22:29

Server anymore existing?
Can't find it and no log in possible due to the command window.

Who can help?

Ponge
True Believer

Post by Ponge » 01 Feb 2015, 09:22

Sertver has been down since mid December 2014. The mod author has little time to attend to the updating of the mod with new vanilla updates coming out, and a lot of issues happened due to this. The mod and the server itself was not updated since december.

Schattenfalke

Post by Schattenfalke » 03 Feb 2015, 19:24

That is poor. I am very interesting how he did these modifkations.

Maybe he call back and I can help him as a modder or something else.

Remystemple

Post by Remystemple » 20 Feb 2015, 13:11

could you please upload the server side files? I'd love to use this in my server. mostly interested in the combat balances. the weapons are way op.

thank you.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » 01 Mar 2015, 04:10

any chance of someone getting a hold of these files and updating it? as well as making them public to use on other hosted servers? I would greatly appreciate the ability to use this mod on my server !!

Since i am not a modder I cannot do it myself :( at least not till i go to college for programming :P

Leaf

Post by Leaf » 25 Dec 2015, 15:17

Anyone have luck with this? Or is it now officially dead.

Dalmatan

Post by Dalmatan » 03 Sep 2016, 18:02

Leaf wrote:Anyone have luck with this? Or is it now officially dead.

quote!!!

Return to Modded Servers