Life is Feudal: MMO Competitive Series

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

What do you think about our idea (including the P.S. part)?

I consider myself as a wolf and I like it
21%
I consider myself as a sheep and I like it
9%
I consider myself as a wolf and I think this idea needs some changes
12%
I consider myself as a sheep and I think this idea needs some changes
5%
I consider myself as a wolf and I don't think this idea can ever work
43%
I consider myself as a sheep and I don't think this idea can ever work
9%

Total votes : 383

Garthos

Re: Life is Feudal: MMO Competitive Series

Post by Garthos » 13 Apr 2018, 19:47

You clearly do not understand your player base or even gamers in general.

Your so called "wolves" are not all maniacs who just want to pillage and destroy. They do enjoy combat but most also enjoy the aspect of building up their "home" and having that long standing castle/claim. The ability to claim a region as your home and defend it. To drive out the unwelcomed from your lands. To take up arms and take over a new land for themselves.

Your game population is plummeting. Further dividing that before you find a way to bring life to it, WILL end this game. Please find/hire/birth/conjure someone with a clue that can come up with a real solution to this problem. Your proposal is abysmal.

SnIpErIT
True Believer

Post by SnIpErIT » 13 Apr 2018, 19:51

Azzak wrote:So we are back at YO then ? Just with more ppl...

We just want to be able to PVP on the MMO with a persistant world, isn't that hard to understand ?

in case of the quote is to hard to understand, i repeat:

We just want to be able to PVP on the MMO with a persistant world

....like life is feudal should be

Awakening

Post by Awakening » 13 Apr 2018, 20:14

I don't think so, I only got to the spot where it was "every 2-3 months there is a reset, and its x3-x4 times progression.

I played Wurm Online for a long time before quitting and coming here. They tried the same thing once with a server that reset every 2-3 months and had INSANE skill gain, and it lost steam on the second launch.

Amrock

Post by Amrock » 13 Apr 2018, 20:19

Must be a calendar bug... 12 days late...
Such propoal cant be true, isnt it ??!
:Search:

MMO in my mind equals persitent living world... Nothing else.
No need to precise that "living" implies "populated" I hope... :friends:

Mighty
Beta Tester

Post by Mighty » 13 Apr 2018, 21:03

If you continue to produce a server, then nothing will make sense

Sweetsage

Post by Sweetsage » 13 Apr 2018, 21:04

This smells of YO and great possibilities for exploiters to earn fame and god favor.

Jickman

Post by Jickman » 13 Apr 2018, 21:09

Bobik
Please, there is a lot of servers now, use Avalon as a "testing site" and for all of those who do not like give a "get a way card" a option to transfer characters to other server if they do not like it.

But this game IS dying and WILL continue dying if you do not do any radical changes.

Make Avalon acctualy a full loot, pvp server where we can destroy everything we want in JH, remove those stupid sige totems and there is not enough people atm to worry about lag, and make trebuchets fully operational to destroy stuff in JH.

Take a leap of faith that it will work, risk one server future for the future of entire game , because the path this game is going now, it will die in less then a year.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 13 Apr 2018, 21:10

Hi, devs!
1. How often we could migrate our characters btw avalon and this new world? every time we want? once a day? once a 2-mounths round? for free?
2. I hope, all rules on Avalon will remain not changed? We still will be able to destroy enemies on Avalon?

p.s.
btw this idea smells...... as a competition in building, not in fighting........ not good.
p.p.s.
how to abuse:
transfer many characters to new world, make many guilds in diff areas, build maaaaany buildings = win. nobody will have enougth JH time to destroy all the map.

p.p.p.s.
such rules may be could work with NONSTOP 24/7 JH - so the fighting will be a key to win, not 24/7 constructing.
but i doubdt many ppl would play 24/7

and it is definally a ZERG-based game will be... only a huge zegr can win this world. :crazy:

P.P.P.P.S.
and again - its not late-game content......... you offer us to start again from scraps - and when start again and again.... so still NO late-end-game content :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

give us FUN !
give us interserver battlegrounds - just like it is in WoW - just come and fight and earn honor points !
and spend these honor points to feed guild totems.
Last edited by Karabas on 14 Apr 2018, 03:24, edited 7 times in total.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Birdy
True Believer

Post by Birdy » 13 Apr 2018, 21:13

BOBIK! Listen to JICK! NOW LETS MAKE A JICK IDEA PETTION!

I dont think wipe every two mnths. It should be player who wipe every 2 mnths
Last edited by Birdy on 13 Apr 2018, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Jickman

Post by Jickman » 13 Apr 2018, 21:15

Birdy wrote:BOBIK! Listen to JICK! NOW LETS MAKE A JICK IDEA PETTION!

Hell YEA!

Sharoplet

Post by Sharoplet » 13 Apr 2018, 21:15

Just want to say, that idea in general looks good, but I think very soon from such competetive server you will loose lots of people, who will be wiped out. So the numbers will decrease and you will be in the ame state as now on MMO. What I suggest is to make your map smaller, at least 5x5 sectors, better 3x3 (15x15 or 9x9 km). This will force people to fight fot area and resourses more aggressively + if defeated guilds will leave server the numbers will still enough for good fights/ Just look on Avalon now - we have 1000 ppl in peak (during JH) and for these 49 servers it's too low (20 ppl on each server in average). You do not need such enormous map for PvP contest. At leat you can start with 3x3 or 5x5 map and if the numbers will be too high, you could add additional zones and make your map standart (7x7).

Clamier

Post by Clamier » 13 Apr 2018, 21:20

This is just Survival of the Fittest in LIF style ....
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Survival_of_the_Fittest

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 13 Apr 2018, 21:22

Garthos wrote:You clearly do not understand your player base or even gamers in general.

Your so called "wolves" are not all maniacs who just want to pillage and destroy. They do enjoy combat but most also enjoy the aspect of building up their "home" and having that long standing castle/claim. The ability to claim a region as your home and defend it. To drive out the unwelcomed from your lands. To take up arms and take over a new land for themselves.

Your game population is plummeting. Further dividing that before you find a way to bring life to it, WILL end this game. Please find/hire/birth/conjure someone with a clue that can come up with a real solution to this problem. Your proposal is abysmal.

I second this.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 13 Apr 2018, 21:29

For me this is interesting but without KEY mechanics in place it is just going to lead to more abuse and will ultimately die off after a few cycles.

Still need sieges and stable servers IB and in game servers for North America.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Jbaswell

Post by Jbaswell » 13 Apr 2018, 21:46

Nosir, I don't like it, as a wolf.

I do think there's some good thinking going on that could be applied to the current world, though (although some changes would be painful or difficult to apply, e.g., shrinking the size of a town claim, which I think is too big).

A few random ideas that I think are going in the same direction the devs are thinking:

1) Maybe we should consider making structures cheaper across the board but also more vulnerable. I wouldn't mind sieges that destroy my Keep now and then if they weren't so absurdly expensive to build. I would consider making Keeps an important part of a guild claim, especially during sieges, making it important to destroy them but also I would make it vastly easier to make one, like 1/5th the cost with no regional requirements.

2) Consider reducing the size of town claim. I do think a "safe zone" (or "mostly safe zone") is important but I also think it's too big right now. You should really have to think hard about the compromises you need to make in terms of what you squeeze in there and what you have to build in realm claim.

3) Consider increasing the size of realm claim radius. Double?? I dunno, but I think it would push more conflicts if realm claim was a much larger area than today. Certainly I think T3 and T4 claims should be much bigger, intending to represent a real power in the neighborhood.

I realize 2 and 3 will be hard to change at this point. Lotsa pain would be involved if town claim shrunk after a patch. But I do think the size of it is unhealthy for the game today.

Basically I think the "sheep" should already be pretty satisfied with the rarity of JHs and the fact that personal claims are almost completely invulnerable and that there is generally stuff they can do while steering clear of PvP fights. I think there is room to make the main MMO more wolf friendly with some more "popcorn siege" type elements without ruining the game for sheep.

Asri
Devoted Believer

Post by Asri » 13 Apr 2018, 22:18

I was sold on kingdom building through not just military, but trade and politics. There's no trade, and Buyan has basically reverted to NA vs. Asia, with NA drastically outnumbered.

There's no building, defending and maintaining a kingdom if you wipe every 2 months. If I wanted that, I'd still be playing YO.

Rhead1188 wrote:- Guilds need 10 members per tier on their monument. For example a t2 monument needs 20 members.

Guilds need 10 ACCOUNTS per tier.

Pepsichic

Post by Pepsichic » 13 Apr 2018, 22:22

This is all crap, how about we fix Buyan?

Buyan - to make PvP better:
1. implement ladders
2. Reduce town claim size so that people HAVE to build and DEFEND their buildings on realm claims.
3. Make town claims lootable during JH (a gap stop until sieges are a thing)
3. Increase JH's to 2 hours
4. Do not allow more then 1 IB at the same time against the same guild (spread them out maybe an hour gap between IB's if there are multiple against one guild)
5. Sieges - we all bought the game led on the fact that there would be sieges and there isnt, is there even a ETA on this?!
6. Implement a point/score system for guilds/kingdoms based on both economy and warfare.

To make PvE better
1. Reduce the amount it costs to build certain buildings.
2. Increase the experience you get to level up crafting skills.
3. Make trade posts list your trade post first/already selected without having to scroll down the list to find it.
4. Make a global trade market that everyone can access to encourage some kind of economy.
:Yahoo!: ----Westhold----- NA Buyan S23---- :Yahoo!:

Zoey
Zealous Believer

Post by Zoey » 13 Apr 2018, 22:36

please change the "diler" for your game designer....

But seriously, Bobik, take care of the stability of the worlds. You do not have to invent a bicycle, create a battle for builders ... :no:

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 13 Apr 2018, 23:07

Didn't answer the pool because I'm not a wolf, I'm not a sheep... I'm(soon will be in the past tense with how things are going) a LiF player who doesn't like to be putted in a box with a flag on his head. This idea is just horrible! It will just be like playing a big YO server... and divide even more the thin playerbase still playing... You think that's gonna make some quitters comeback... I think it just shows how desperate this dev team are and they are just slowly getting away of what this game was promised to be... just sad frankly..
Last edited by Sebas555 on 22 Apr 2018, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Drayvs
True Believer

Post by Drayvs » 13 Apr 2018, 23:14

As usual a terrible timing for such change. If you open server like this, it will kill avalon & buyan, maybe 3others too...

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 13 Apr 2018, 23:56

I'm not voting cause i'm not a wolf nor a sheep. I like to build, terraform, do agricoltural stuff and so on on the early game and i love to pvp once my castle is done. I don't care if i win and i care even less to humiliate my enemies, i like to fight and when you do it sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The fun is in the fight itself, when you raise a trebuchet or you blow up a gate with barrels. And even when you are running up and down the walls to fire on enemies it's funny, or when you shield wall in front of a broken gate.
This game doesn't need a new server to spread even more the few population that is still playing. Players need motivation to play, reasons to wage war and fight, something to achieve and not only the usual routine when you clean shit from stables and fertilize the soil and after that you go play something else.
Make a working trading system, raise the skill rate on every server so people can enjoy skilling rather than use a macro/autoclicker/mod repeater/what you prefer in afk mode (and yes, you will stop selling the boost and that's only a good thing), delete the alignment system cause it's useless and maybe implement a bounty system or something like that, make terraforming and skill that needs a charging bar faster. Maybe, on this conditions, the full destruction or occupation of a castle is not that enormous loss that make people quit cause they will need fewer time to rebuild and they'll get a chance to avenge instead of just giving up.
Last, as many other said, try to use other games as examples... games like LoL, not really hardcore or full of contents, make really good money just on selling skins. Why? Cause a legendary one is 20€. Sell a regular at 10-12€ and you will probably sell a hundred times more skins than you're doing right now.
This was my opinion, if you like something it's good otherwise discard all, but this community is full of great ideas for improving this game and listen to all of them can give you something to think about.

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 14 Apr 2018, 03:23

I think you all would be wasting time going in this direction as it would be best if you do work on making the existing MMO better.

Those ideas that Pepsichic has seem to be very good. I don't personally agree with every single one but I think they are all moving in the right direction.

If you all are hesitant to implement more radical changes, you can always use a particular server to make these big changes on. For example, if you want to make a really intense open PvP world, you could do it on one world (or maybe two, one in NA and one in EU). In the beginning, allow those who wish to move to or from those servers can easily do so.

As a solo player, at least, for now, I only have two issues that bother me:
1) Global trade seems to be inactive or very low.
2) I have yet to have someone try to kill me for loot. Some may not like this but my best memories are from Darkfall and Shadowbane, when I had someone try to kill me. I either had to run or defend myself.
That has yet to happen here and the current system seems to dissuade that.

Thehelleri0

Post by Thehelleri0 » 14 Apr 2018, 03:37

I'm not going to vote under these terms. Bobik's understanding of player types entirely lacks nuance. Moreover it's intellectually dishonest because what he's actually referring to when he says wolves and sheep are experienced players and newbs. Of which there is a whole lot less of either these days.

Previous to the PvP changes, despite complaints (which were all routed in players not knowing what they were doing yet as apposed to being actual problems) the game was absolutely over flowing with players. Couldn't even keep the servers up consistently.

Post PvP changes it's virtually devoid of any one. People mostly log on for IB's (in which case you don't really see them in the main game world) and to maintain monuments. Even the newbs only log on long to upkeep their personal claims which they only dropped to protect their little hoards of treasure from scavenging off the claims that actually made an effort once upon a time but have since collapsed.

Trial by fire and the results are in. Bobik's vision for the game is killing it. You want to fix the game? You want players to come back? Revert the major PvP changes of the last few months. Get that invisible cone thing off of horses and player's heads. Give us back furniture stacking outside of JH.

Make anytime raiding a thing again. Because it was the 'you never know' factor that made things actually interesting and engaging. Even for the dedicated crafters who complained about it. Because it made them actually have to try and build better bases.

Do you know how easy it would be for me to log on and go stat wipe 5-10 newbs (assuming I could even find that many logged on at any one time) with no consequence simply because they have never had their base design put to the test before; And because you've left my hands idle for having to do anything that might make me loose alignment, for so long that I've been able to amass a killing spree amount of positive alignment?

I wouldn't do that because I'm not that much of a jerk. Heck If I even set out to do it I'd probably end up actually helping them fix their base because I'm a sucker like that. But I could. Easily. Because you've made it not even worth trying anymore.

Isidorabendroth
True Believer

Post by Isidorabendroth » 14 Apr 2018, 03:52

My first reaction to this proposal was disappointment, specifically over how seemingly out of touch the development team of this game appears to be with not only the players of LIF:MMO, but the very concept of the game they sold to us. After sitting down and evaluating the proposal you’ve obviously spent some time working on as the Project Leader of this game, I’m actually left with pity and condolences for the direction this game has gone and where it appears to be going. The MMO version of LIF could of been a fairly neat niche game, if it were left to naturally progress as it was originally advertised ( https://lifeisfeudal.com/Main-media/?se ... comparison ). Instead, you’ve resorted to an attempt to tread water with what are quite literally distractions while the game’s population is bleeding like a siv.

It’s ironic that you’ve gone to the extent of trying to reference a twenty two year old paper on gaming archetypes as a method to explain to your players your interpretation of the people who play your game. The last MMO team that decided to base its’ design decisions around game theory authored by Bartle and “typical archetypes” rather than listening to what it’s players wanted that was WildStar, and we can all see how that turned out. And then, to add to to the perceived ignorance you possess as it relates to identifying the playerbase of this game, you take it upon yourself to define what the “typical” LIF players are as it relates to playstyles. I cannot fathom how you were able to obtain the plethora of gameplay data it would take to analyze and properly “categorize” what its’ players do in game over the past six months when it seems that even crossing servers cannot be solved correctly or compently. Therefore, I take it that you are either:

-Running purley off of what you personally assume your playerbase wants, or

-Attempting to stall for additional time while additional features are developed and implemented for the MMO by using a formula you and your team feel safe and familiar with

From the onset of the MMO, I have personally been heavily involved with everyone from the “Sheeps” you refer to, all the way to the “Wolves” you reference. The underlying factor of all these players have been, from early access up until this very moment, that they wanted a game that worked and did what it advertised. LIF is in no way a game-changing, unique snowflake as it relates to the genre it finds itself in. What really sold people on LIF was that it advertised things that players couldn’t find with games such as Reign of Kings, Rust, or countless other “Survival/MMO” hybrid games - things such as increased playerbases (10,000 players!), full-fledged sieges, mini-games, politics and an EVE-like atmosphere that encouraged shadowplay and politics and espionage.

When it came readily apparent that the servers can’t properly handle more than a hundred people in a single tile at once, or that things like mini-games have been broke since day one, or that safe-zones existed where you could literally build an entire claim in that would be impervious to all JH attacks by enemy players, people started to get a little sour. When we discovered that sieges, and by extension, the ability to literally play the game as your team designed it to be were not implemented nor has any singular comment been made in reference to them since launch as to when they’ll be coming, players started to doubt the vision your team advertised.

Your initial game design, simply due to the nature of how dependant PVP is upon logistics, had already offered a place for your “sheeps” and “wolves” to exist and, to an extent, flourish. PVE orientated characters (that is, those whom are willing to put in a majority of their time to craft/maintenance skills as opposed to simply utilizing gear and PVPing) are literal assets to PVP-centric guilds as they allow for PVP centric characters to do their thing and not worry about “chores”. You literally created a feudal system, and, with more attention to the finer details, could of kept a large majority of those players in-game and engaged if it weren't for your half-handed approaches to “fixing” the game for the “sheeps” and the “wolves”. Instead, you attempted to cater to both sides of the coin, and at the end of the day, created a system in which neither party is happy - boring PVE, and PVP that is literally meaningless at the end of the day as you have allowed town zones, limited JHs for the NA servers, and of course, no sieges. Finally, due to the fact you actively encouraged different regions of players to essentially zerg the NA server and failed to implement any sort of Asian based regional server that they could play on, the players that would of normally stuck around to put up with all the aforementioned issues in the hope you’d have the advertised launch feature of sieges in place within a half-year after launch are now leaving as well. All that is left of the main population of the NA servers are those whom enjoy the PVP and combat system, which is admittedly fun and engaging.

All that you will achieve with this half-hearted experiment in bringing YO culture to the MMO will be further diluting the already shallow player bases of the servers that have been on a steady decline for the past few months.

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 14 Apr 2018, 09:50

The time has come to speak seriously.

The idea of ​​wolves and sheep is stupid. When a player who likes combat seeks to kill players of very low level you can not be considered a wolf. that player is purely a dog kills rabbits.
The wolf players what they are looking for is to face enemies of the same or higher level, other wolves. They are players with many hours training on private servers that do not find incentive to kill novices but are looking for challenges.
These players all they want is to have quality pvp. and some of us are returning to the YO because the mmo does not offer that. the design of the game does not allow people to practice pvp and there is a big difference in levels, and I say that I consider myself a mediocre fighter. but I see that below me there are hundreds of players who have no chance to reach the level that people who have spent hundreds of hours to train on private YO servers.
Having said that. You can not consider the unskilled sheep. There is a lot of wolves to develop. The idea you propose is very good. It is certainly not perfect. but being a season event allows you to evolve and improve each season. The problem of proposing this to a wounded and battered community of life is feudal. is that you are breaking your comfort zone. You are putting their status quo at risk. the viability of current servers in the short term. because these people do not see beyond. these people do not realize that this competitive server can be a great attraction for traigs new people to the game. and that they fill both the competitive server and the normal servers.
That said and I guess you're realizing. People never want changes. but when it sees its ecosystem suddenly endangered, it radically changes its mind. It's amazing to see so many people that did not want changes in the normal servers. ask that these pvp rules apply on their servers .. it is pure fear.
All these people that are voting that do not vote because they are convinced of the success of this server and they are afraid of it. They lose many players who are playing by their side. Do not listen to fear. think about the future and look at formulas like FORNITE. who knew how to adapt to the market and is already practically owner of it. Do not be afraid.
Do not let yourself be placated by people who do not want to evolve to defend their small plot of virtual power. If the formula of the MMO has to succeed, it will still be stronger if this server is successful. And if it's not that way. it is simply because a boring game as it is today in life is feudal MMO only content to a few who have an immovable feudal world. When what most people seek is violence and fun to escape from the boring lives that we all have. Do not delay in launching the server. will succeed

having said that. I already want to contribute ideas to the competitive server. One of the problems I see is that players who feel that they can not win that season in any way feel unmotivated to stay until the end of it. so the rewards should be much more distributed and proportional. in such a way that the permanence itself was rewarded. and that not only will be fought for the first positions of the table but that the fight was in the whole table.
Things as simple as granting exclusive designs of logos clans in the tabards for those who get a minimum of puntuation at the end of the season. would motivate people to finish the season as high as possible regardless of whether they will be first or not
Last edited by Sycopata666 on 14 Apr 2018, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1612776804 » 14 Apr 2018, 10:30

I like this idea, great , let's do it .
国人们,投支持就好了

Werebear
Zealous Believer

Post by Werebear » 14 Apr 2018, 10:56

"I consider myself as a wolf and I don't think this idea can ever work."

P.S. Cheap trick Bobik :bad:

p.p.s great battle mmo vs yo is coming...battle for the right to sell YO- players skins to a shovel and other snowman textures. Only one best seller will deserve the title and hall of fame. :Bravo:

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 14 Apr 2018, 11:42

Drayvs wrote:As usual a terrible timing for such change. If you open server like this, it will kill avalon & buyan, maybe 3others too...

I agree on that and the many similar opinions that were voiced. It is not wise to get around promises of "no wipe" by creating new servers again, result will be same as if you actually wiped and even worst.

If Avalon population has dropped during prime time from 3000 players seven months ago to 500 players now, it needs to be fixed with more contents, new skills and map extension in exisiting world.

Pls centralize pvp players and avoid to scatter them with new pvp worlds... unless you are planning general decay and desertification of Avalon in which case I suggest wipe by end of this year. Just bear in mind core players have already settled, they probably won't migrate unless forced.

Desmas

Post by Desmas » 14 Apr 2018, 12:05

Great, lets create more worlds and lower even more pop. There is no point making some temp worlds pvp game. LIF combat aint impressive, its garbage.
If you wanted to create something with PVP, you could create somekind of arena system into game, where people could spend time or practice combat. Have ranks and rewards and so on.

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 14 Apr 2018, 12:41

Desmas wrote:Great, lets create more worlds and lower even more pop. There is no point making some temp worlds pvp game. LIF combat aint impressive, its garbage.
If you wanted to create something with PVP, you could create somekind of arena system into game, where people could spend time or practice combat. Have ranks and rewards and so on.

Why all care bears think life is feudal combat system is garbage?
And the important point why you vote on a pvp server creation if you think pvp is garbage?

Return to General Discussion