Life is Feudal: MMO Competitive Series

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

What do you think about our idea (including the P.S. part)?

I consider myself as a wolf and I like it
21%
I consider myself as a sheep and I like it
9%
I consider myself as a wolf and I think this idea needs some changes
12%
I consider myself as a sheep and I think this idea needs some changes
5%
I consider myself as a wolf and I don't think this idea can ever work
43%
I consider myself as a sheep and I don't think this idea can ever work
9%

Total votes : 383

Olon

Re: Life is Feudal: MMO Competitive Series

Post by Olon » 14 Apr 2018, 12:56

What do you think of this change to the idea? Make a new pvp server that has no decay and no claims and monuments. Everything is destructible. There is reduced skill loss. Skill progression is normal. There cant be characters created on this server and instead characters from all vanilla servers in a region can freely travel in and out of this server through special buildings. Resources can travel the same way in and out. There is special resources only available on the new pvp server that are essential for all types of crafting and building on the vanilla servers. The pvp server is not wiped.

In the future ships can be the means to reach this server.

This way vanilla servers wont die because of a new server and we have a pure sandbox hardcore pvp MMO part of the world that needs no artificial titles and rounds or whatever.

Vanilla=homebases ; new server=colonies

ps: when ships are a thing there could be a pvp ocean server in between vanilla and pvp server. with traderoutes to be secured by fleets and so on.

pps: ships should work like homes where you can bind to

Emilioike

Post by Emilioike » 14 Apr 2018, 14:03

Isidorabendroth wrote:...... What really sold people on LIF was that it advertised things that players couldn’t find with games such as Reign of Kings, Rust, or countless other “Survival/MMO” hybrid games - things such as increased playerbases (10,000 players!), full-fledged sieges, mini-games, politics and an EVE-like atmosphere that encouraged shadowplay and politics and espionage..

When it came readily apparent that the servers can’t properly handle more than a hundred people in a single tile at once, or that things like mini-games have been broke since day one, or that safe-zones existed where you could literally build an entire claim in that would be impervious to all JH attacks by enemy players, people started to get a little sour. When we discovered that sieges, and by extension, the ability to literally play the game as your team designed it to be were not implemented nor has any singular comment been made in reference to them since launch as to when they’ll be coming, players started to doubt the vision your team advertised.

...., and at the end of the day, created a system in which neither party is happy - boring PVE, and PVP that is literally meaningless at the end of the day as you have allowed town zones, limited JHs for the NA servers, and of course, no sieges.

All that you will achieve with this half-hearted experiment in bringing YO culture to the MMO will be further diluting the already shallow player bases of the servers that have been on a steady decline for the past few months.

Brilliant description, brilliant post... if Bobik could even answer any single point here...

Uxtalzon

Post by Uxtalzon » 14 Apr 2018, 15:05

More questions...

1) If this is meant to wipe every few months, why not disable decay?

2) The game has less PVE content than Minecraft. There's even a mod created by one person years ago (Millenaire) that adds autonomous NPC towns with an economy in each. A faster-paced game as it is now will only burn out PVE players because they're doing the same things they do now, except now it requires constant effort. Eventually, the game becomes Age of Empires II where you first build up your shit first, then go all out in war and nothing else matters except defending. So the question, finally: this game can't handle a competitive mode, so why bring it up?

3) Since this is obviously testing in a beta, asking players to fork over more money for a ticket to "try" this out which may fail is not going to work. So yeah as some posted, why not make it 1 player free access per account? Players absolutely hate paying to test again and again only to be let down. If you want to risk creating this RTS game mode, don't hide it behind a paywall. Don't include F2P folks like me though.

Suggestion: Wouldn't it be easier to just create a separate deathmatch mode with class loadouts and no scoring or rewards or flag captures? Just a single map to start with, same skills across all players, just duke it out for an hour and it's over. Just like the good old days of TF2, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat 2 of 12+ years ago. Nothing mattered except Steam recorded stats, but 95% of players didn't give a crap. They just wanted to join a battle, get their adrenaline rush for 30-60 mins, and then done.

The fact this competitive series will include rewards will mean abuse and hacks will become rampant. Again, this game and development staff can't handle it, period.

Jpmarquesc25

Post by Jpmarquesc25 » 14 Apr 2018, 16:20

you try to kill your game?

what in the hell are the point where your character, any of them that you will or not expend some money will get wiped? all 3 pages craft combat and minor will errase 2 zero? are you mad?

dude...
from 3500 players and 250-800ms to 600 players and 150-300ms on avalon on 2-3 months :bad: :cry: :no:
something is going wrong isn't it? some of the problems are the opacity to all players of all changes, info, mechanics... (and future ones too :bad: ). there are no oficial acurate and updated database of nothing.
pvp tick systems sucks when ping is high and a lot of dev commands in conoles are open like thisone: netSimulateLag(5000,100)
some player experience some lag arround players that use that command and its like magic an inmortal being born... it persist until you leave server sector or relog(or if he dies and respawn.... oohhh its like maaaagiiiic).

Soccerstud1414

Post by Soccerstud1414 » 14 Apr 2018, 16:37

All I got from this poll is that there is a TON more wolfs then sheep. Sooooooo why are we catering to pvers? Life is Feudal, unless you like to pve, then we protect you.

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 14 Apr 2018, 23:36

Bobik wrote:Prologue

P.S. Just literally one hour ago we've finished the game design meeting where an unpolished idea has come up to interconnect that competitive PvP world with the current worlds with a free character world migrate system and a separate trading system (seaport with an import/export). Our idea is to make vanilla servers a more secure "green zone" - still with PvP, full loot and ganks but with a significantly fewer assets destruction and griefing. A place for sheep to strive and have their fun with a forgiving PvP. While new PvP competitive worlds will be a total "red zone" with a PvP to the max.
At the same time both "zones" will depend on certain new resources to trade with each other (spices produced on those controllable farms? :) ). Thus a really good guild in order to be successful will be interested to have both strong wolves and sheep backup on both continents.

as most posters in this thread apparently dont like reading texts to end before they start the whining i quoted the most relevant part AGAIN - if this is implemented and new server will be "pvp over world" this should be awesome for the game and players on many levels (need to maintain solid powerbase on one of regular servers, rivals from another server that may come to yours to weaken your position in over-world etc

my suggestions to devs:

1- first time on overworld allow to join for free

2- every member of winning ALLIANCE should get something as otherwise every guild will prefer to fight even futile battles as surrendering will give them nothing

3- possibly consider to copy chars from existing servers to over-world (not transfer as original stays where he was)

CaptainAmerica
Devoted Believer

Post by CaptainAmerica » 15 Apr 2018, 03:36

NA(player) here, Hire more staff that are able to code and help push the MMO forward not backwards. You have not hired anyone that has made a huge difference over the last two years of development, your stuck on one speed and now are running out of gas. Now you want to add this idea in place????? now???? most of the actual PvP(fighters) stopped playing your game, all you got are Chinese running around spamming IB's with no actual threat to anything. You never changed the core concept of your game for the community, why start now? Hire more staff! or charge higher prices for pixelated gear

Excel
Devoted Believer

Post by Excel » 15 Apr 2018, 09:28

Buenas! ante todo ,agradecer el esfuerzo por esforzaros en contentar a los jugadores!!
Quiero ser breve asique ire al grano,
Avalon muere ,es un hecho , pero no se enfoca el problema real de Avalon.
Por supeusto que el lag contribuye enormemente a invitar a la gente a irse ,pero el mayor problema es la actualizacion de las IB, son un sin sentido,donde molesto a los jugadores PVE y PVP.
Una batalla en un terreno virgen para asediar un castillo??? un castillo que el clan ha invertido horas,días,semanas meses en perfeccionarlo para verlo ardiendo por perder una pelea de cuerpo a cuerpo?? :cry: :cry: :cry:
He aquí la razón de dejar de jugar tantos clanes!
Y encima los atacantes se quedan con mas sed de sangre porque quieren romper absolutamente todo no solo el segundo aura sino qeu el primero quieren reventarlo donde el clan defensor tendrá todo lo de valor.
En resumen:
-Cambiar las IB!!!! que hayan IB pero que no haya deterioro en las bases atacantes por reducción de aura!! que los clanes atacados usen sus castillos en las IB,
-quitar los comandos de IB y reduciréis jugadores en ellas para que no haya tanto lag y pueda ser de asedio sin problemas
-que una vez reducido el aura por completo del monumento ,los atacantes tengan un espacio tiempo razonable para q el defensor pueda defendedlo aun siendo muchos menos .

Esto seria la solución a todo vuestros problemas!!
Los PVP,tienen la posibilidad de reventar el castillo entero
Los PVE estarán con ganas de crear un castillo fuerte y resistente para las IB

Ojala esta sugerencia sea atendida y reflexionada,pertenezco a un clan que lleva desde el primer dia de life y no hemos abandonado siendo testigos de como muere Avalon! solo queremos ayudar y asi podere revivir el servidor ;)
Un abrazo

Google traductor:

Good! First of all, thank the effort to make an effort to please the players !!
I want to be brief so I'll get to the point,
Avalon dies, it's a fact, but it does not focus on Avalon's real problem.
By supeusto that the lag contributes enormously to invite people to leave, but the biggest problem is the update of the IB, they are a nonsense, where I annoy the players PVE and PVP.
A battle in a virgin land to besiege a castle ??? a castle that the clan has invested hours, days, weeks months in perfecting it to see it burning for losing a fight of melee? : cry:: cry:: cry:
Here's the reason to stop playing so many clans!
And above the attackers are left with more thirst for blood because they want to break absolutely everything not only the second aura but that the first want to burst where the defending clan will have everything of value.
In summary:
-Change the IB !!!! that there are IB but that there is no deterioration in the attacking bases due to aura reduction !! that the attacked clans use their castles in the IB,
-quit IB commands and reduce players in them so there is not as much lag and can be siege without problems
- that once the aura has been reduced completely from the monument, the attackers have a reasonable time for the defender to defend him, even though they are much less.

This would be the solution to all your problems!
The PVP, have the possibility to burst the whole castle
The PVE will be keen to create a strong and resilient castle for the IB

I hope this suggestion is attended and reflected, I belong to a clan that has been around since the first day of life and we have not abandoned being witnesses of how Avalon dies! we just want to help and so I can revive the server;)
A hug
http://imperioerrante.foroactivo.com/

----SANGRE ERRANTE----

si quieres llegar rapido camina solo si quieres llegar lejos camina acompañado

Walone

Post by Walone » 15 Apr 2018, 13:27

Excel wrote:A battle in a virgin land to besiege a castle ??? a castle that the clan has invested hours, days, weeks months in perfecting it to see it burning for losing a fight of melee? : cry:: cry:: cry:
Here's the reason to stop playing so many clans!

This arguemnt is invalid when u need to win like 20 ib for erase the area of a sword and wait for a month too to grow up an influence zone

Emilioike

Post by Emilioike » 15 Apr 2018, 22:37

Posted something like this in the actual state of the game and just 70 posts?... enough said.

Paparia
Beta Tester

Post by Paparia » 15 Apr 2018, 23:56

dear dev's host a yo server with mmo setings for your team and spend a weekend playing the game maybe you will understand what is going on with this game

everything is very and i repeat VERY easy and fast if you have more than 20 ppl (not imaginary ppl or alts) you can have a fully functional town able to produce everything you need in less than a week

AND after that you got nothing PVE to do and nothing PVP to do JH is useless IB is laggy unstable full of disconect and none cares if they lose it so they don't sign up

if you want to try the fast server idea try it in 2 months on the second round it will have 50 ppl online max

if you want a working mmo you need something to keep ppl busy a long time,something to keep them busy daily and ofc reward activity and work

at the moment you are rewarded for having alts to make multiple guild claim for using the server borders to make invulnerable personal claims or for having coding skills to make scripts and use the console to run them

today i canceled my subscription cos i am now loging in less than 20min every day and maybe i play a couple of hours when my guild needs my crafting skills

when i first found out about lif in 2014 i imagined it 10 times slower and 10 times harder

i hope the game survives cos i want to try it again in the future

ah i also forgot BURN the carebears and the FAKE rpers their poison already cripled lif don't let them finish it

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 16 Apr 2018, 04:21

Lol, what the fuck Bobik. Give us proper PVP mechanics on the live servers not some stupid ass beefy YO server.

Add siege ladders, increase JH and remove town claim and you might have people logging in to defend shit.

Bh1
True Believer

Post by Bh1 » 16 Apr 2018, 10:30

I can not compare anything to the wolves / sheep, as well as not considering the own PVP server with wipes :shock:

This game is now an MMO, where community of players and interaction should be promoted, no game for recluses and lone fighters ... indestructible private claims are incomprehensible to me ... Such lonely "sheep" should join where, as I have done myself, or switch to a single-player game

Finally give the players the opportunity, as always announced, to practice the Feudal game system ...

-Give players Siege Devices
- Increases the damage to IB's realmclaim, causing them to make a difference
- makes buildings in Realmclaim destructible at any time

Peace-loving players can go into the protection of the town claim and there undisturbed to work or otherwise undisturbed.
If that's not enough for them, they should look for covenants or join a kingdom protecting them.

At that time, there was no way to shut yourself off unattainable - it may be hard, but it's just like that ... you can not please everyone, so I would like to ask, make this game, as it was always announced: life is feudal

Borsuk

Post by Borsuk » 16 Apr 2018, 12:31

I play on Epleland. My guild have built huge fortress, we have everything what we need, prepared to defend what we achieved. We wait for sieges that will never come... We don't want JH but we want sieges to test our defensive strategies, how well we built our castle. We also hope this could be an final way to defeat any guild and take their land as a reward for long wars.
There is no new features to play with, gold is losing its value because there is no real economy (farming gold is like simple grind resources and selling to the crown, they simply vanish into the void). Crown should be like a central market where you can sell and buy and prices are settled via demand and supply. Also we can't sell animals.
I doubt you will ever implement boats because it is to hard for you to change water mechanics (we can simply build obstacles on water using dirt, no bridge mechanics...).

STOP TAKING SHORTCUTS AND GET TO REAL WORK, FIX ISSUES THAT WE REALLY WANT TO BE FIXED.

I fell slapped in the face with your proposition and it is unacceptable!

Parraman

Post by Parraman » 16 Apr 2018, 12:44

Bobik wrote:
An average wolf: PvP-oriented, competitive, typically gets enjoyment out of winning and subsequently humiliating the loser (in varying proportions depending on their personality).
An average sheep: PvE-oriented, crafting, supportive gamgety, gets enjoyment out of simply enjoying the process, achieving in-game peaceful goals and/or supporting other players.

Like any categorization, these are general and do not necessarily mean strict groups - players can be 60% wolf/40% sheep, or 20% wolf/ 80% sheep, etc.

sheep and Wolf? OMG... These are the directions that you are driving the game? one more time thinking that there are 2 kind of players :fool:

try to hear the players oh.. wait they leave the game...
Last edited by Parraman on 16 Apr 2018, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Parra, Antiguo Maestre Alquimista de la Guardia Real de Epleland, Cronista y Cartografo de la Guardia Real de SoonLand

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 16 Apr 2018, 12:47

You could do it Eve way. One bigger map, different rulesets in different regions. Like, central domain - lower quality resources gain, no regional resources, Epleland ruleset. Surrounding regions - avalon ruleset, wall scaling, normal resources quality. Border regions - "competitive" ruleset - JH every day, town claim destruction, no alignment, access to best quality resources and some new resource types. Wipe all current servers finally - they're dying out anyway - and make a single one.

The game can be revived as a MMO, just learn from the best (like, Eve).
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Josh4461
Zealous Believer

Post by Josh4461 » 16 Apr 2018, 15:16

I just love how all the Vanirs finally crying about the state of the game. For literally YEARS they were the biggest fanbois stating that this dev team can do no wrong.

It only took a couple months to change their tune after it went into Beta.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 17 Apr 2018, 00:32

Bobik, my main man.

Bobik!!

We need to talk!! What the frak, man? Please, say it ain't so.

1) Making the core game, on the original servers, even LESS RISKY and LESS PVP-oriented than it is now?

Core game was sold for years as core PVP and you said you weren't budging on your vision; but you are now, because you're moving PVP rules (=PVP content) OUTSIDE the core game world. Why? We didn't signup for an arena game, even if it's the big fad these days!

2) Fragmenting EVEN FURTHER the player population, when we're at now 1/4 of the peak daily hours population at the beginning of open beta.

Guys!! The player count was regularly north of 3k on Buyan in the first couple months, and if the server could have taken it, it'd have been more.

3) This new game arena will make take DEV time away from developping the core game.

So many devs, so little time. Don't tell me otherwise. Even implementing scrappy useless unrewarding business-user functions for suits generate bugs and issues, etc.

Just suggesting this feels extremely out of touch with what the majority of your players (i.e. those that have left, too) think / feel / need / expect out of the WORLD you sold them, Bobik.

Thanks for your continued hard work, passion and dedication.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 17 Apr 2018, 01:06

Stick in your dead horse. Just to save your pixel castle. New players no like old dead worlds. But keep in your way. No wiped. No changes. All is ok. Lets players decide Red vs Blue. Sand box wirh alot of virtual kings there are more kings than vassals.
Wake me up wen you killet the game care bears. If you no have interest in play this server just stay in your one alone. Im not going to play in a standar no pvp server more.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 17 Apr 2018, 02:53

Sycopata666 wrote:Stick in your dead horse. Just to save your pixel castle. New players no like old dead worlds. But keep in your way. No wiped. No changes. All is ok. Lets players decide Red vs Blue. Sand box wirh alot of virtual kings there are more kings than vassals.
Wake me up wen you killet the game care bears. If you no have interest in play this server just stay in your one alone. Im not going to play in a standar no pvp server more.

So I read this and I'm confused. You're against the idea, right?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 17 Apr 2018, 06:30

Only 300 votes for an official pool, that says more then anything we can really write in our comments.

When I read this "idea" I really started to worry about the may patch.
I'm still looking at it as a way of maybe refreshening the game enough and maybe making people come back to test it and repopulating the world.
But it comes back to me...maybe I should've bough "For honor" and play an actual arena game instead of getting something like this...

Skeilar

Post by Skeilar » 17 Apr 2018, 07:46

Normally I'm not easily offended by things people say in video games but I have to admit the wolves/sheeps thing is beginning to annoy me. It implies that a crafter, like myself, is only allowed in a game to provide the big bad wolves with fodder i.e. fun.

So apparently wolves can only have fun if they get to wreck another person's game while sheep are able to create their own fun.

Yeah, I know there's not really a solution for this and many just like to see the world burn.

But for the record, I'm not wolf fodder, I'm not a sheep...
I'm a mouse. A mighty, mighty mouse. :pardon:

Monco

Post by Monco » 17 Apr 2018, 14:16

Only 300 votes after 4 days in a global and official poll made by the project leader, that says it all about the current state of the game.
The funny thing is that just some weeks ago for changes in avalon 500 votes was the minimum requirement...

Parraman

Post by Parraman » 17 Apr 2018, 16:55

Monco wrote:Only 300 votes after 4 days in a global and official poll made by the project leader, that says it all about the current state of the game.
The funny thing is that just some weeks ago for changes in avalon 500 votes was the minimum requirement...

The next week, at the vote counting, the results will be: The Game is death :evil:
Parra, Antiguo Maestre Alquimista de la Guardia Real de Epleland, Cronista y Cartografo de la Guardia Real de SoonLand

Damianvincent

Post by Damianvincent » 17 Apr 2018, 22:36

what a terrible idea, just going to split the community even more, and kill the game. The player count between the servers is to low as it is, and this will only reduce the server counts even more. This is supposed to be a grand MMO, with thousands of players competing, instead, we're already down to hundreds, and this will reduce it even further.

The game has very serious bugs, and the siege mechanic isn't even fleshed out yet. Give us proper siege ladders, allow dropping of items on claims again at least for the log ladders, something, don't go breaking the community up even further.

Pracujwbiznesie
True Believer

Post by Pracujwbiznesie » 17 Apr 2018, 23:32

I have few requests:

-do not open new server
-fix all bugs in game
- give better discounts on events (Child Day, Summer Sale etc) for new game buyers, god favor buyers
-put info about discounts on Youtube

and we will have more players in worlds,

thx :beer:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 18 Apr 2018, 00:32

Monco wrote:Only 300 votes after 4 days in a global and official poll made by the project leader, that says it all about the current state of the game.

Haha, good catch. Thing is, he didn't advertise that poll as much though.

So, Bitbox, what's the minimum # votes for this one?

Edit : wow the "I like it"s are currently sitting at 31% vs. the 69% going to either "no!" or "not exactly this". I guess it is resoundingly clear!

TywinLannister

Post by TywinLannister » 18 Apr 2018, 04:23

If this idea ever see's the light of day, and the server will be made towards pvp, then not only lower the amount of materials to craft things, but increase the materials you get from everything.

2-3x's from skinned leather, 2-3x's flax, 2-3x's chainmail, everything. It's a pvp server, not a spend all day crafting and gathering server.

Jpmarquesc25

Post by Jpmarquesc25 » 18 Apr 2018, 18:20

326 of about 2000 players...
are you sure you post and make publi about this enormus changes?
it didn't reach all players(testers) there are changes that concerns 2 eu servers around 700 each and only vote 326? there are some serious problem of transparency and news publi marketing...

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 18 Apr 2018, 22:53

Jpmarquesc25 wrote:326 of about 2000 players...
are you sure you post and make publi about this enormus changes?
it didn't reach all players(testers) there are changes that concerns 2 eu servers around 700 each and only vote 326? there are some serious problem of transparency and news publi marketing...

No, they didn't. It was never posted on Discord.

Do everyone a favor : share massively.

Return to General Discussion