Life is Feudal: Space Marine Edition

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Life is Feudal: Space Marine Edition

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 09 Jan 2017, 16:35

So already posted this inside another topic but wanted to post it here to bring it to a bigger audience.

Something I had not thought about but was taught about this weekend. People are using alts as paratroopers in the middle of a siege. (to be honest if you really wanted you wouldn't even really need to use alts they just make this tactic less costly.) They prepositioned upwards of 10 alts inside our base during off hours when nobody was on to defend the walls and then logged out inside the base around a week before judgment hour. Then as their attack was being repelled on the outer walls 10 "Paratroopers" appeared inside the main defenses and caused mass chaos and ridiculousness.

Defenses are already pretty easy to bypass, but I could see this become a thing in the mmo pretty easily for people.

Go pre position people inside the walls, wait till right before siege/JH or wtf we are going to get now. declare war 3 minutes before it starts and then have all your guys parachute into someones base as they are still trying to decide what is going on, why they were war dec'd yada yada yada. Suddenly they have 20 people inside their walls killing them as they gather equipment, then going on to destroy there economy.

If this is going to be a basic tactic of groups we are not going to have life is feudal, we will have life is feudal: space marine edition.

Even if you can't destroy the monument, how hard do you think it will be to win the field battles after wrecking a clans economy after doing something like this and burning everything not on the town claim?

Brother
Zealous Believer

Re: Life is Feudal: Space Marine Edition

Post by Brother » 09 Jan 2017, 21:18

352. Any plans to limit where players can logoff - i.e. within the town/city claim of another guild?

Answer: You cannot prevent anyone from unplugging hiss network cable or terminating client process anywhere in the game. We cannot let such character to hang in game indefinitely and it will not be correct to teleport him back to binding point either. I'm not talking about the fact, that it will be VERY hard to track all those logged off characters if they are in the friendly claim or that friendly claim became an enemy claim because of a war declaration recently...

^ There's your answer, but I don't think it's the one you wanted. Unfortunately, I have to agree with you that this will likely be the number one tactic griefy guilds use come launch.

Arthur Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arthur Pendragon » 09 Jan 2017, 21:36

BrotherPhinque wrote:352. Any plans to limit where players can logoff - i.e. within the town/city claim of another guild?

Answer: You cannot prevent anyone from unplugging hiss network cable or terminating client process anywhere in the game. We cannot let such character to hang in game indefinitely and it will not be correct to teleport him back to binding point either. I'm not talking about the fact, that it will be VERY hard to track all those logged off characters if they are in the friendly claim or that friendly claim became an enemy claim because of a war declaration recently...

^ There's your answer, but I don't think it's the one you wanted. Unfortunately, I have to agree with you that this will likely be the number one tactic griefy guilds use come launch.

To that answer, There would be nothing wrong with making someone who logs into a claim that he isnt a part of unable to go into war stance.

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 09 Jan 2017, 22:17

Why not just relocate coordinates of player who disconnect in other claim to set new coordinates outside claim zone. I don't know if it will affect server performance, but with a feature like this no more player will use this tactic and rarely need coordinates change.

Knar

Post by Knar » 10 Jan 2017, 13:09

Lord_Sitruc wrote:Something I had not thought about but was taught about this weekend. People are using alts as paratroopers in the middle of a siege. (to be honest if you really wanted you wouldn't even really need to use alts they just make this tactic less costly.) They prepositioned upwards of 10 alts inside our base during off hours when nobody was on to defend the walls and then logged out inside the base around a week before judgment hour. Then as their attack was being repelled on the outer walls 10 "Paratroopers" appeared inside the main defenses and caused mass chaos and ridiculousness.

First off, we only had 5 alts in your base, and they killed all 10 of your defenders before our outside team got over the wall. There are no "paratroopers" flying into your base, they had to get over your walls legitimately.

There are ways to counter base logging. If you can't fight a force that's already inside your base, you dont stand a chance in a siege anyways.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 10 Jan 2017, 13:19

I didn't come here to start an epeen contest, I came here to discuss the issue.

Also your bad at math.

Have a nice day.

Bole
True Believer

Post by Bole » 10 Jan 2017, 14:14

The easy and only way to fix this is this.

After 10-20 mins of being logged off you get auto ported to your bind spot. other games solved this issue with this game mechanic. I don't see why it cant be implemented here. no real way to Exploit the gate, its basically just praying home.

Knar

Post by Knar » 10 Jan 2017, 17:12

Bole wrote:The easy and only way to fix this is this.

After 10-20 mins of being logged off you get auto ported to your bind spot. other games solved this issue with this game mechanic. I don't see why it cant be implemented here. no real way to Exploit the gate, its basically just praying home.

So if you don't have a house yet, you have to make multiple runs from 25 to your home? That would be terrible.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 10 Jan 2017, 17:56

Knar wrote:
Bole wrote:The easy and only way to fix this is this.

So if you don't have a house yet, you have to make multiple runs from 25 to your home? That would be terrible.

lol, true but you would only make the mistake of doing that 1 time, so it wouldn't be multiple runs.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 10 Jan 2017, 17:59

the only problem I see with this solution is for people who are casuals or new to the game, people that don't log in frequently may find them selves logged out where there is no claim only to log in on a claim that was put up while they are offline, what happens then? and if you propose something different happens than that of the intended effect for "paratroopers" that would be unrealistic.

Return to General Discussion