Life is Feudal: Space Marine Edition

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Re: Life is Feudal: Space Marine Edition

Post by Gastenns » 11 Jan 2017, 16:25

Kildrith wrote:The devs have already gone on record that there will never be NPCs in life is feudal.

They are making NPC villages, but I believe your right that originally they wanted no NPC's. Still they havent put in NPC's that would be available for the guild to use however this could change down the road who knows. I think the NPC's would be a solution even if it was a taxing one. The easier ones is to create a debuff or teleport out of claim or to a bind point.

Lord_Sitruc wrote:Unfortunately some groups believe it is a legitimate tactic and are even bragging about how many claims they have burnt down using it. So ethics in video games count for squat, and if one group is doing it all groups will start doing it.

Yea you are generally right. We have seen what happens in video games when their are not ethical standards. I could name hundreds; I have been shockingly pleased with the ethical standards for the most part. Even on no rules servers rarely do larger pvp groups grief. There is a mutual respect among most groups that we don't grief each other and most guild officers understand and respect that general rule. I'm sure we can all point to people logging out and in to get over walls, logging out in bases, griefing trees and crops, etc. The developers have heard and fixed most of these, and will continue to fix more issues. But yea if there is a broken mechanic then you can expect most people to use it because they wont unilaterally not use a tool (right or wrong) that another uses.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 12 Jan 2017, 07:51

Kildrith wrote:
Gruber wrote:I dont see a problem to check login position during jh/war times before hand and change it to the bind point when the char was offline longer than 10 minutes and is on enemy ground.
10 - 15 minutes is enough for disconnects because of an error.

Discussable would be if a position check should accour only during jh/war times or allways.

I don't that is realistic to be honest, if you are thinking someone is doing that manually, there is no way. if you are thinking its automated with a script, there are a lot of variables I am no programmer but I am not sure how easy that would be to do. That's why I think an all or nothing approach is best.

It is quit easy to impliment this with a script. Its a simple check if your position is on enemy claim or not. This is already implented, otherwise the whole claim system would not work.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 12 Jan 2017, 16:37

Gastenns wrote:
Kildrith wrote:The devs have already gone on record that there will never be NPCs in life is feudal.

They are making NPC villages, but I believe your right that originally they wanted no NPC's. Still they havent put in NPC's that would be available for the guild to use however this could change down the road who knows. I think the NPC's would be a solution even if it was a taxing one. The easier ones is to create a debuff or teleport out of claim or to a bind point.

Sorry I meant specifically Guard/Guild NPCs

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal is all about interaction between players. There won't be npc guards, npc workers or stuff like that. You have to make an effort, find friends, make alliances, build settlements, kingdoms and brace yourselves :crazy:

Gruber wrote:
Kildrith wrote:
Gruber wrote:I dont see a problem to check login position during jh/war times before hand and change it to the bind point when the char was offline longer than 10 minutes and is on enemy ground.
10 - 15 minutes is enough for disconnects because of an error.

Discussable would be if a position check should accour only during jh/war times or allways.

I don't that is realistic to be honest, if you are thinking someone is doing that manually, there is no way. if you are thinking its automated with a script, there are a lot of variables I am no programmer but I am not sure how easy that would be to do. That's why I think an all or nothing approach is best.

It is quit easy to impliment this with a script. Its a simple check if your position is on enemy claim or not. This is already implented, otherwise the whole claim system would not work.

The only reason I think it might be harder said than done is the current stance the devs have on this subject, the last bit of the devs response indicates to me that they think it will be resource intensive to do what you are proposing.

If "logout" check if on "claim"
If on "claim" check "claim status" and "(Name of Claim)" to "logout character"
If "claim status" of "(Name of Claim) to "logout character" = "neutral" or "war" teleport character to location "A-Z" on location "(Name of Claim)"

again I am not a programmer but I figure it wouldn't be all that hard, my guess is, it is less about the script and more about taking up server side resources used to constantly track people for running an extra string every time someone logs out. but this is there stance.

Brother wrote:352. Any plans to limit where players can logoff - i.e. within the town/city claim of another guild?
  • Answer: You cannot prevent anyone from unplugging hiss network cable or terminating client process anywhere in the game. We cannot let such character to hang in game indefinitely and it will not be correct to teleport him back to binding point either. I'm not talking about the fact, that it will be VERY hard to track all those logged off characters if they are in the friendly claim or that friendly claim became an enemy claim because of a war declaration recently...

Rhobert
Zealous Believer

Post by Rhobert » 12 Jan 2017, 16:50

Dev's might want to rethink their stance on the subject. They have a skill warfare engineering that will be completely ignored due to this exploit that is obviously going to be game breaking. Why make Trebs when you can just poof inside the castle?

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 12 Jan 2017, 16:56

Rhobert wrote:Dev's might want to rethink their stance on the subject. They have a skill warfare engineering that will be completely ignored due to this exploit that is obviously going to be game breaking. Why make Trebs when you can just poof inside the castle?

I hear you, I think they should either come up with a new solution, or teleport, base loggers to the edge of the claim, as it stands I think this will come up a lot in the MMO, and I think it will drive players out of the game.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 12 Jan 2017, 19:21

The best way might be to add to the login script using a similar string I have above, that way it cant be circumvented by plug pulls.

Sleep

Post by Sleep » 13 Jan 2017, 10:33

Instead of limiting where player can log off, they should limit where player can log in. For example, during logging in: if player on the enemy claim, teleport him to the closest border of the claim. I don't think it will be such a big server perfomance issue. And even if it will, there's an easier option: set resurrection sickness debuff on players who log in on the enemy claim.

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 13 Jan 2017, 10:55

Sure, my game gona crash in the middle of battle in enemy claim and after relogin im gona have resurrection sickness. Best idea ever.

Sleep

Post by Sleep » 13 Jan 2017, 16:11

Oleski wrote:Sure, my game gona crash in the middle of battle in enemy claim and after relogin im gona have resurrection sickness. Best idea ever.
Logout timer will be implemented sooner or later. So you'll be dead anyways if your game crash in the middle of battle.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 13 Jan 2017, 16:40

Sleep wrote:
Oleski wrote:Sure, my game gona crash in the middle of battle in enemy claim and after relogin im gona have resurrection sickness. Best idea ever.
Logout timer will be implemented sooner or later. So you'll be dead anyways if your game crash in the middle of battle.

ya that's a good point, they are planning to add that to stop combat logging.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 13 Jan 2017, 22:35

Ezekyle Abaddon dropping in. Kill all enemies. Go go go.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 14 Jan 2017, 14:27

Ishamael wrote:Ezekyle Abaddon dropping in. Kill all enemies. Go go go.

HA!

Return to General Discussion