Life is Feudal YO releases

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Life is Feudal YO releases

Post by Cosimo » 17 Jul 2017, 08:57

Hi,

since now we are on MMO Closed Beta V 0.9.5.0 that adds more features to the game, are there plans to release a Your Own version (last was 1.3.2.5 back in early june 2017) to import all the changes or there are no plans for YO as it stands?

As far as I see you have 3 products, YO, Forest Village and MMO, the latter two are seeing regular patches, the first there have not been many features for a while implemented.

RetroLogi

Re: Life is Feudal YO releases

Post by RetroLogi » 17 Jul 2017, 10:00

+1

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Jul 2017, 10:13

Isn't it obvious even without asking? It's the same question after each MMO testrun.

Of course it will come to YO, but only about 2 weeks after the current MMO testrun is over. The reason is simple - it's all hands on deck for the MMO patching and fixing atm. After the testrun is over they take the time to examine the feedback, fix the bugs, polish/rebalance the new stuff and "release" it in YO. It happens this way, because everything "new" is rushed into the MMO once it's ready and not in YO.

And it will be the same in the future. They won't "stop" supporting YO, but the focus is on the MMO as that's the game they are making. But it shares the same code with YO so when they code a new feature for the MMO (like the awaited horse drawn carts relatively soon) they will patch it in YO as well, but it's not like they were developing it for the YO - you don't really need them there gameplay wise, it's just a nice stuff and nothing more, while it's very needed in the big MMO world.

As for the Forest Village ... again and again - they(Bitbox) are NOT making it - they are PUBLISHING it. So the development, patching and support is done by other studio that actually makes Forest Village and is called Mindillusion.

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 17 Jul 2017, 11:14

Thanks for the answer, but I am perplexed. I am also on the MMO and yet there are features in the MMO that never made it on the YO (guild management, personal claims, claim radius to quote a few).

I can understand the sole focus is the MMO, all I am trying to ascertain if the YO version is in scope of future development?

Although your opinion is interesting, it is mainly objective to your point of view. I am not looking for that, although we can debate about what is obvious and what is not.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Jul 2017, 11:24

Ggarzelli wrote:Thanks for the answer, but I am perplexed. I am also on the MMO and yet there are features in the MMO that never made it on the YO (guild management, personal claims, claim radius to quote a few).

Some stuff will never make it to the YO, because it was planned as "MMO only". You don't need complex managing system for a guild of 6-7 guys in YO (where the limit is 64 players total). You also don't need personal claim when everyone can place guild monument.

Visit "play.lifeisfeudal.com" to read about the other planned differences as I'm under the impression you didn't and it's there since like 2014.

Other stuff like rebalances, combat reworks, new decorations, NPCs (probably, not 100% confirmed as it depends with the performance), boats and so on will come when they are made for the MMO as well.
When the MMO is released (in like idk, 1 and half year...) they also planned to make YO a bit more modable and introduce steam workshop. But not at the expense of the MMO development as that will be big no no for good part of the community, so not really soon.
But core MMO systems like detailed guild managment, complex war system and global trading were never intended for YO.

Brother

Post by Brother » 18 Jul 2017, 13:44

Sharana covered just about everything here but I'll add that there was a brief mention of adding a "more complex" guild/claim management system to YO in one of the development news updates but it's likely a ways off and no telling what features it will actually entail.

To get at the heart of OP's question, YO has been consistently patched every couple of months (if not more) and will continue to be as more features are able to be pulled from the full game. Remember, YO was released to fund the MMO so it makes sense features are developed and then trickle down to YO. YO players and admins will continue to have to adapt to these changes, as not all are even sensible for YO - i.e. tree growth timers and biomes.

Return to General Discussion