Life is Pain

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Konrad-II

Life is Pain

Post by Konrad-II » 18 Nov 2017, 17:04

the beta is a complete success you can see that the game is absolutely not usable yet :cry:

Arrakis

Re: Life is Pain

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2017, 17:09

We will stabilize everything. We are constantly working on fixes.

Jonesr
Zealous Believer

Post by Jonesr » 18 Nov 2017, 17:14

Good thing its still "beta". I'm sure the dev's are working their asses off trying to get shit working. It's a shame people are so ignorant.

Konrad-II

Post by Konrad-II » 18 Nov 2017, 17:17

this is not the first beta the beta for the non-payers such a blatantly uncoordinated start I would not have expected.

Chenberenstein
Devoted Believer

Post by Chenberenstein » 18 Nov 2017, 17:20

Well, I am sure they are working very hard but since they show no sign to their clients, I think they are doing this wrong.

I would expect a tweet at the very least.
I payed for this game, and specifically to get early access and perks.

LIF team, please show your respect by telling us what is going on and letting us know when approximately we will be able to play again.

Konrad-II

Post by Konrad-II » 18 Nov 2017, 17:27

+1 :beer:

Chevaille

Post by Chevaille » 18 Nov 2017, 17:32

Jonesr wrote:Good thing its still "beta". I'm sure the dev's are working their asses off trying to get shit working. It's a shame people are so ignorant.

Jonesr wrote:Good thing its still "beta". I'm sure the dev's are working their asses off trying to get shit working. It's a shame people are so ignorant.

Well.... Yea. But....back when people were "given" access to help by reporting bugs, sure, good point.

But now that people are "paying" for access - paying years in advance - a certain level of performance can be expected. Especially after those years of development.

The old fashion 'beta' is no longer. It is now just releasing early while still full of bugs to generate more revenue.

"Testers" expect problems.

"Investors" expect to see evidence their investment was put to good use. "Testers" shouldn't complain about bugs. "Investors" have every right to question if their investment was wisely used.

So yea, there are going to be complaints when performance is crappy with a still buggy 'release' - even if it is given a label meant to provide an excuse for those bugs.

Hopefully the developers understand that, since they are the ones asking for 'investors' not 'testers.'

SockMonkeh

Post by SockMonkeh » 18 Nov 2017, 17:36

The downtime we are seeing is par for the course for an MMO release and this isn't even release. Give them some time, they will sort it out.

Joecool56

Post by Joecool56 » 18 Nov 2017, 17:46

Wbillshoaf wrote:

Well.... Yea. But....back when people were "given" access to help by reporting bugs, sure, good point.

But now that people are "paying" for access - paying years in advance - a certain level of performance can be expected. Especially after those years of development.

The old fashion 'beta' is no longer. It is now just releasing early while still full of bugs to generate more revenue.

"Investors" expect to see evidence their investment was put to good use. "Testers" shouldn't complain about bugs. "Investors" have every right to question if their investment was wisely used.

So yea, there are going to be complaints when performance is crappy with a still buggy 'release' - even if it is given a label meant to provide an excuse for those bugs.

Hopefully the developers understand that, since they are the ones asking for 'investors' not 'testers.'

I'm so glad I did not PAY for early access...to test a game for the devs

SO GLAD

Zeves

Post by Zeves » 18 Nov 2017, 18:44

work harder :D

Kurvenausgang
Beta Tester

Post by Kurvenausgang » 18 Nov 2017, 18:48

Arrakis wrote:We will stabilize everything. We are constantly working on fixes.

Hard to believe, seeing that you can't even fix your own website. People still can't access their account settings for over 5 hours now.

That's pretty sad...

Zeves

Post by Zeves » 18 Nov 2017, 18:48

Joecool56 wrote:
Wbillshoaf wrote:

I'm so glad I did not PAY for early access...to test a game for the devs

SO GLAD

god forbid you support a game at its most fragile state when the devs need the support the most.

Chimera25

Post by Chimera25 » 18 Nov 2017, 19:03

Fairly sure 60+$ is enough support in (supporting the devs in their most fragile state??) purchasing a pack that by exchange of moneys which we can safely guarantee has our very best "GO GET EM BOYS" attitude at least for the better part of a year+ (what was offered within reason on the website)...

Ignorance aside, these are the same bugs that would've never seen the light of day had there been a soft test with the actual "testers" days before the first (come on in everyone) to see if the (browser/login) at least worked .. This is "Beta" but even the most amateur beta runs don't have embarrassingly crippling issues like this on day 2 of their official launch for open beta (normally they squash little-medium issues not normally seen so apparent)

And even that (the biggest things supposed to be well managed) hasn't been reliable beyond some finger screwing on the keyboard and 5+ reinstalls per man it seems.

I wish them the best and hope they're keeping in good faith; I hope to play this awesome game I've held out for and continue to do so, but so far this is embarrassing (and I've been a part of many alphas and betas back when alphas were truly alpha, and beta was truly a near work of finished art beta).

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 18 Nov 2017, 19:27

Wbillshoaf wrote:

+1 You, sir, are so speaking out of me soul.

Konrad-II

Post by Konrad-II » 18 Nov 2017, 19:32

the game has so much potential. But I really feel that they just can not get it under control. If at least the information policy was not so bad.
Just say we have the problems and that's why we do this and that.

Greasegunner
Devoted Believer

Post by Greasegunner » 18 Nov 2017, 19:40

Wbillshoaf wrote:

Return to General Discussion