Man Made Lake (stocked with fish)

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Bigtree
Beta Tester

Man Made Lake (stocked with fish)

Post by Bigtree » 14 Oct 2014, 14:18

Wouldn't it be cool if you could dig a hole, fill it with water, and breed fish in it?!

Say you found the best spot in the game for your homestead. Except it's too far from water. Sure it would take a LOT of time with a shovel to dig a big enough pond to be useful but I'm sure someone would do it if they could. And if you had a team of people working on it with wheelbarrows and such then it may not take long at all.

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Re: Man Made Lake (stocked with fish)

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 14 Oct 2014, 17:10

Sorry folks, ain't gonna happen. :-( At some points, month ago, the devs said that (I think due to the game engine) water stuff ain't gonna happen, such as digging moats around your castle and fill them with water, etc. The water level is always on the same level ingame so if you want to digg a pond, you gotta digg down to the water level. :-(

Carrion

Post by Carrion » 14 Oct 2014, 18:34

Technically it is possible, nothing in game development is "impossible" within certain limits.

They have alot of other issues with persistent terrian updating and database stuff that it seams is affecting the entire game engine.

http://vimeo.com/4304024

It's definately doable with this engine so it must be something they've modified for thier purposes that has made it non functional. So basically it's not the engine, it's the developers and the poor database infrastructure.

Honestly though a premade map for YO and MMO ( instead of procedural ) and no real rivers is a deal breaker, imho.
Last edited by Carrion on 15 Oct 2014, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

DeathEmber

Post by DeathEmber » 14 Oct 2014, 21:03

A river editor in torque 3d is great and all... but it has no bearing at all on in-game mechanics...

Or does it?

phoenix_ravensky

Post by phoenix_ravensky » 12 Feb 2017, 17:06

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone wanting to know - this can be done. I have just made a small spring. You need to dig all the way down to the rock (best to start at a low elevation), then drop soil on the rock. Two people dig at the same time on the same spot. One will pick up soil, one rock. Keep doing this until you reach water. Do it gradually (lowering the level as you go on all the squares around so the soil doesn't slide in) until you have a deep enough hole. Then drop high ql rock on the bottom to 'line' it. This will give you high ql fish and water.

Dig a gradual bank down to it, plant trees around it, and you get this:

Return to Suggestions and Ideas