Maybe 14 days are a a little less ???

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Maybe 14 days are a a little less ???

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 20 Feb 2017, 03:45

No fense...but most of us are already waiz for several months..... :(
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: Maybe 14 days are a a little less ???

Post by Saar » 20 Feb 2017, 11:00

The role of this Beta is for testing purpose, not for playing.
They should open for few days only in order to limit their work on servers' maintain...

But yes, it's veryyyyyyy shorttttt :cry:

Galaneria
True Believer

Post by Galaneria » 20 Feb 2017, 11:55

While it may not be for 'playing' purposes primarily... what the hell... it IS for playing purposes...

How else do you expect them to get data on skill grinds, combat data, building times, travel times, server stability during large fights, small fights, test crafting and regional drops, tree growth and community growth, their 'temporary' JH times for information? One clearly HAS to play in order to properly test. If this was simply to get in and check for potholes in the world, then give everyone infinite horses and full skills so they can stretch out and test every corner of the game's mechanics.

A lot of testing is the very pacing of the game's systems and how they interact which does actually require playing... if it's simply for stress testing, they should have put that on their announcement when they clearly wanted people to buy in again.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Feb 2017, 12:30

Hey folks. We would keep the servers up but - currently, server infrastructure is not that stable, so keeping servers up and maintaining them constantly at the current stage requires a lot of time and effort. Those are naturally withdrawn from the development time, so in order to continue the development at a normal pace, improving the stability etc. we need to continue the tests in the form of such test runs going on about couple weeks each. Also, during those relatively short test runs we gather truly huge amounts of data that we need to process. Both you and us, wants this game to be finished rather sooner than later, so I hope you'll understand and stay with us.

Cheers.

Bestial

Post by Bestial » 20 Feb 2017, 12:36

nice copy & paste Arrakis, lots of thought went into that.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 20 Feb 2017, 12:55

Arrakis wrote:Hey folks. We would keep the servers up but - currently, server infrastructure is not that stable, so keeping servers up and maintaining them constantly at the current stage requires a lot of time and effort. Those are naturally withdrawn from the development time, so in order to continue the development at a normal pace, improving the stability etc. we need to continue the tests in the form of such test runs going on about couple weeks each. Also, during those relatively short test runs we gather truly huge amounts of data that we need to process. Both you and us, wants this game to be finished rather sooner than later, so I hope you'll understand and stay with us.

Cheers.

I guess the 64 bit was the huge step forward. Can we expect less down time in the future ?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Feb 2017, 13:24

Asimov wrote:I guess the 64 bit was the huge step forward. Can we expect less down time in the future ?

It depends on the results of this test run. But at least a month of downtime between 2nd and 3rd test run should be expected.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 20 Feb 2017, 13:32

Arrakis wrote:
Asimov wrote:I guess the 64 bit was the huge step forward. Can we expect less down time in the future ?

It depends on the results of this test run. But at least a month of downtime between 2nd and 3rd test run should be expected.

:-(

Solo_Kamen
True Believer

Post by Solo_Kamen » 20 Feb 2017, 14:41

14947831_978814322263020_5151538049243269433_n.jpg
14947831_978814322263020_5151538049243269433_n.jpg (17.12 KiB) Viewed 10701 times

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 16:29

Arrakis wrote:It depends on the results of this test run. But at least a month of downtime between 2nd and 3rd test run should be expected.

Wow

just wow

I'm asking for my cash back, cu!

GTnKGaming
True Believer

Post by GTnKGaming » 20 Feb 2017, 16:34

Arrakis wrote:Hey folks. We would keep the servers up but - currently, server infrastructure is not that stable, so keeping servers up and maintaining them constantly at the current stage requires a lot of time and effort. Those are naturally withdrawn from the development time, so in order to continue the development at a normal pace, improving the stability etc. we need to continue the tests in the form of such test runs going on about couple weeks each. Also, during those relatively short test runs we gather truly huge amounts of data that we need to process. Both you and us, wants this game to be finished rather sooner than later, so I hope you'll understand and stay with us.

Cheers.

Im not the most active on the forums in terms of posting but i read allot, I think a thank you is in order and i look forward to testing the MMO and seeing the game develop, Thank you for your hard work :)

Rafaelschnabel
Beta Tester

Post by Rafaelschnabel » 20 Feb 2017, 16:44

Linbaba wrote:
Arrakis wrote:It depends on the results of this test run. But at least a month of downtime between 2nd and 3rd test run should be expected.

Wow

just wow

ok By we dont need u ^^

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 16:52

Rafaelschnabel wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

Wow

just wow

ok By we dont need u ^^

You don't need me, I don't need you, we don't need each other :)

Seriously though, what made you think for a second that I thought you needed me?

anyway, if they refuse to pay me back, and if Paypal protection service doesn't work, I might play this game, for like, 2 weeks every couple of months :ROFL:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Feb 2017, 17:02

Linbaba wrote:

Seriously though, what made you think for a second that I thought you needed me?

anyway, if they refuse to pay me back, and if Paypal protection service doesn't work, I might play this game, for like, 2 weeks every couple of months :ROFL:

This is fairly normal for a closed beta. What makes this different is the lack of an NDA. Most games with an NDA would not allow this much chatter about beta schedules and such while the NDA is in effect.

So, while frustrating, folks just need to dial down their expectations.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Rafaelschnabel
Beta Tester

Post by Rafaelschnabel » 20 Feb 2017, 17:07

@Linbaba Ok have fun with it People like u just don´t know what BETA means. Read the Terms of Service First than Think about buying stuff than do it or don´t do it. I am so tired of people how think they get a Full game in Beta and complaining then.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 17:15

Azzerhoden wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

This is fairly normal for a closed beta. What makes this different is the lack of an NDA. Most games with an NDA would not allow this much chatter about beta schedules and such while the NDA is in effect.

Well it's not normal for this kind of MMO in Europe, or the USA, so maybe if you're Asian and are playing Korean or Chinese etc MMOs yeah, maybe.

But even so, I played Age of Wushu for 1 year in beta, and it never went down, not once, not unless scheduled maintenance or patches which just take a few hours.

So, since you share a different experience than mine, I'd be interested to know which MMOs you play that had this much downtime during CBT?

As for the NDA, you're just so wrong I don't think it will be worth anyone's time trying to understand each other on that one, unless you're speaking of a country outside of Europe /North America.

It wasn't long ago that Chinese government had laws in place to prevent Chinese children to play WoW for too long, and we don't, for another example, have our social security numbers tied to our accounts.

And Rafael, thanks for your kind words, I'm sure you will grow up to be very wise some day ;)

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 20 Feb 2017, 17:31

Linbaba wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

Well it's not normal for this kind of MMO in Europe, or the USA, so maybe if you're Asian and are playing Korean or Chinese etc MMOs yeah, maybe.

But even so, I played Age of Wushu for 1 year in beta, and it never went down, not once, not unless scheduled maintenance or patches which just take a few hours.

So, since you share a different experience than mine, I'd be interested to know which MMOs you play that had this much downtime during CBT?

As for the NDA, you're just so wrong I don't think it will be worth anyone's time trying to understand each other on that one, unless you're speaking of a country outside of Europe /North America.

It wasn't long ago that Chinese government had laws in place to prevent Chinese children to play WoW for too long, and we don't, for another example, have our social security numbers tied to our accounts.

And Rafael, thanks for your kind words, I'm sure you will grow up to be very wise some day ;)

you understand that age of wushu and other recent mmos in the past couple years didnt have REAL betas right? they were all about building hype for the game

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 17:47

Jakeman wrote:
Linbaba wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

you understand that age of wushu and other recent mmos in the past couple years didnt have REAL betas right? they were all about building hype for the game

Well for Wushu / Wulin, that most certainly was true, the beta just never ended, it last a whole year !! In the mean time, they worked on the cash shop, that's for sure.

Way I see it, some similarities with LIF MMO!

oh wait

So what do you mean "real" betas? (or was I right in assuming that you meant they made a very long beta on purpose?)

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 20 Feb 2017, 18:02

Yea most of us dont see the point, people have beyond lost focus, these guys wouldn't know a solid business model that retained player's from the use of the hole in the wall in their bathroom.

30 people have gone from hyped at close doors to no information and months of dying hype to a RUSHED announcement with no way to plan for a short period of up-times with MONTHS promised of more downtime. If there was a brain in development they would know each and every game doing "waves" instead of real hard work and constant up time and development has lost all of its player base, Crowfall a much more communicative, well developed and a much larger project than you. Started this "Wave" non-since and can barley keep 1000 coming back. Everyone says this is stupid from alliance chats of the largest clans and ALL struggle to interest people in a developers who could care less. Dont care to play your-own in-between its been 3 years into that smokescreen you laid. On to places where the opinion of the mass matters, not your favorite little guild and its alliance.

Rafaelschnabel
Beta Tester

Post by Rafaelschnabel » 20 Feb 2017, 18:11

have seen so many MMOS in Betas with this kind of early access sytem, so that everyome has the chance to experience it. No most Betas are invite only. You order the game and if you are lucky you get to play it for a day or two in the beta stage, maybe you even get to play it for a weekend max! What do you even think a beta is? Just let it go, try to get your money back and let the rest of us have fun.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 20 Feb 2017, 18:15

Due to lack of response in what was 40 members in our community playing wave one, that I can not blame, I will be closing the doors here. It is not Spartans, it is the development model and lack of business sense in maintaining such insanely long downtime for hype to perish as Bobik listens and interviews his Vanirs alliance and favorite personal guild. They have not delivered the up-time or beta waves promised, just created new reasons to deter away blaming 64bit which if the game needs constant downtime to even develop this should never of been pushed in. They seem to want this, we don't finally all these years we admit are wasted. Our community will be moving on, best of luck hope someone buys yall out so someone who understands how important player base is takes over.

Sure some of you are happy, good riddance says some trolls. As bad as the developers to see a empty shell of a game. Showing the world a survival cant go MMORPG level, this game was that hope, break away from server hosting, low population crap and put a siege game where it belongs. But no you basically stated in your own post "its to much work to maintain servers up". I am sorry your daddy raised a little punk, if your dream is to big use all that money we know you got from us to increase your team and roll up some sleeves, this whole genre relied on you guys and your pushing players away. Ill come check you out in ten years hope you prove me wrong when no one is willing to play some outdated shit. :beer:

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 20 Feb 2017, 18:23

Yes, 14 days is more then needed. I'm sure they increased CBT duration especially for us. :)

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 20 Feb 2017, 18:33

Rafaelschnabel wrote:have seen so many MMOS in Betas with this kind of early access sytem, so that everyome has the chance to experience it. No most Betas are invite only. You order the game and if you are lucky you get to play it for a day or two in the beta stage, maybe you even get to play it for a weekend max! What do you even think a beta is? Just let it go, try to get your money back and let the rest of us have fun.

Wow, I dont think your inexperience requires an answer. EA as you stated is part of pre-access before OBT or(Launch) that is the "early acess - NON WIPED" you get for pre-ordering a game. This has been MMORPG law for longer than you have obviously been gaming. That is the very reason its called EARLY ACCESS, you bought the right for a few days live before everyone else. This game is CBT.... where did you even get your terminology?

What ever you stating has nothing to do with the terminology here. I hope you do have fun, most have not in a very long time. But getting money back damn right, they failed heavily to deliver the playtime, waves of testing or length by a long run. Nothing here is OBT or EA, its CBT, so your next post makes more since. The game has been in this phase pushing on five years and still cannot communicate a road map, stick to CBT "phases" and the largest up time was for a small elite group of hand picked. One day your fanboi will run out and the developers chain dragging you will become heavy. Ours was years, this business model is not even a model on paper, never seen it done, or taught. Ashes of Creations - "Wont be touching the wave development model its terrible for who ever thought of it." Revelations Online, my.com "forced into this model, but gives us time to translate (at least it had a purpose). Numbers dropped by half in wave two, dwindled to a third by CBT3. Rushed to OBT and EA to bring back people with a apology. CoE, Pantheon, Camelot, steady ONLINE CBT servers where the community is becoming close to the development team and feels apart of its growth. LiF goes down and random stuff we didn't report is all over the news and "NEW" features or a new 64 bit system? Where is the focus? Where is our work being put, in the "ill get to it box". Maybe if you focused the current model with resources and not advancement, just maybe you could develop it online?

My last post, not here to argue, ill throw my stream up, give my beta impressions to mmorpg of another brilliant game developed half halfheartedly. Here they developed for themselves and friends, not for the masses, or it would have a extremely different focus. I had two willing to check things out, from thirty last wave.... LoL, and through the other major alliances its not just us.

Even worse the looming wipe that is to come, for such small playtime will set in soon, for a majority. I stated this in wave one, and that elite "most caring" group who got personal invites for their "dedication" fell to an average of 2 online for months and months. Before they let the rest of us buy in, here we go again.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 18:47

This isn't early access.

Rafael / Azer :

You've seen so many MMOs with betas that have more downtime than online time, plz name a few?

Honestly, I really like to know.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Feb 2017, 18:51

Linbaba wrote:This isn't early access.

Rafael / Azer :

You've seen so many MMOs with betas that have more downtime than online time, plz name a few?

LOL - Too many to count. Some were very early in beta, most were later. As said before, a lot of large gaming company 'betas' are just free access to promote those games.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 19:17

Azzerhoden wrote:
Linbaba wrote:This isn't early access.

Rafael / Azer :

LOL - Too many to count. Some were very early in beta, most were later. As said before, a lot of large gaming company 'betas' are just free access to promote those games.

So ....

Name one? or two? (two is better than one) :)

I've never heard of any and genuinly would like to know.

But I'm also calling your bluff ! :beer:

Rafaelschnabel
Beta Tester

Post by Rafaelschnabel » 20 Feb 2017, 19:40

DAOC, Everquest, CU, SWTOR ( 2 WE) ... so now go pleas

Ptownsen
True Believer

Post by Ptownsen » 20 Feb 2017, 20:06

Rafaelschnabel wrote:DAOC, Everquest, CU, SWTOR ( 2 WE) ... so now go pleas

all of ehm where no "buy" in Beta right? ......

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Feb 2017, 21:15

A well DAOC, let's see.

They didn't have prolonged downtimes that lasted weeks (or like LIF) months.

They DID however (and that's what I'm guessing you're referring to) have connection problems, login problems, and tons of other problems which they continued to have AFTER release too, as you can see from this thread :

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/going ... 250714943/

But I've been browsing (out of nostalgia and interest, I'm not that much of a psycho!!) a few olw boards dating back to 2001 and before, and though there surely is a TON of crying and complaining, I haven't found any mention of prolonged server downtime during the beta.

That one was a little tricky because DAOC never had official forums, but basically, nope, nothing like what we're seeing here with LIF.

Same as Everquest, official forums go back to only 2002 and it was released in 1999, but with google you can limit your search to certain dates (for instance, from 1997 to 2000) and there is nothing, not a single mention about dowtime during beta. That said, if they had closed "closed beta forums", they're all probably gone by now too.

Camelot Unchained DID NOT have scheduled and prolonged downtime, like in LIF, you can check from the dev announcements that begin way before and go through beta up until today http://camelotunchained.com/v3/2016/03/

They did suffer set backs, delays, at one point they had to push back the Alpha testing phase because they had painters painting the walls of their offices lol. Read and you'll see :)

SWTOR I played, and it didn't happen.

Though when they DID have downtime, this was the kind of communication you could expect from them (very very different to here) :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... dit4692289

What you're thinking of happened AFTER LAUNCH and since you enjoy it so much, you can read all the whining and fanboy defense here : http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showt ... p?t=137388

(it's funny because I could easily replace a few names from that thread with names from these forums haha:)

Anyway, you're wrong, so far, and I'm quite confident about this, LIF MMO is the only MMORPG hell, probably the only MMO period to use this model of CBT (ie 2 weeks gameplay and 1-2 (unspecified) downtime).

Rafaelschnabel
Beta Tester

Post by Rafaelschnabel » 20 Feb 2017, 21:22

Linbaba ... just go u are right we are wrong. U go. I have no energy too tell u that i have played in the closed betas in every one of this games and i now it better ... so just go. PS I am Kickstarter founder of CU i have played in severel Closed beta WE´s ...

Return to General Discussion