Merge NA servers and Whipe

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Switchkin

Merge NA servers and Whipe

Post by Switchkin » 30 Apr 2018, 16:30

I'll make this one short. Me and basically all of the other guilds on our island on Buyan have stopped playing the game. If you want any action at all u need to move north and fight chinese.

I think it was a huge mistake adding servers when the original one wasnt even near cap at launch. Many have quit the game and new people that start playing can run for hours in all directions and never see a soul.

Just merge all the NA servers and whipe them. I think this would actually bring back some of the population. Just my opinion though.

WestArcher

Re: Merge NA servers and Whipe

Post by WestArcher » 30 Apr 2018, 22:29

I'll agree.

But not yet.
It's still too early for a wipe, and the game needs to be in a more complete state before even considering a wipe.

I think it is inevitable, but I do recall them talking about using a whole new map (as adding new nodes is much more work than it is worth) so maybe we'll get our wipe when that occurs.

In the meantime
HTFU, I dunno what to do though. Fire off IBs just for the fun of it?

Tinuva
Devoted Believer

Post by Tinuva » 01 May 2018, 02:34

IM sorry, some of us have spent a lot of money on subscriptions to get all our characters where they are. Dont be wiping my characters. If you want to wipe the land mass, i dont have much of an issue with that, but dont be wiping my toons. If they wipe my characters I'll never play again.

Strilan
Alpha Tester

Post by Strilan » 01 May 2018, 03:54

Tinuva wrote:IM sorry, some of us have spent a lot of money on subscriptions to get all our characters where they are. Dont be wiping my characters. If you want to wipe the land mass, i dont have much of an issue with that, but dont be wiping my toons. If they wipe my characters I'll never play again.

A-f***ing-greed.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 01 May 2018, 14:41

That might be an interesting idea, especially now that they are polishing up the ability to transfer between worlds in your region, and have added the third region to help with connectivity for those in other parts of the world and been working on bug fixes and crashes...

Perhaps working toward now consolidating servers back down and preparing a well scheduled wipe and perhaps some form of rewards for players that have been around a while in said servers?

don't wipe the characters or abilities, just consolidate servers and wipe the one that remains, and provide a round of rewards for faithful players that are affected so that while the world will be balanced and fair (no established cities and claims at start) players will be able to bring their skills to rebuild, and can receive some kind of reward for their previous hard work and support during that stage of the beta process :beer:

It currently does not affect me personally, I have only had one character that I have had in Epleland from when that server opened. But I love this game and have been keenly following it and my fellow players in various game servers.

Switchkin

Post by Switchkin » 14 May 2018, 16:35

There are currently 450 players combined on both NA servers (300 buyan and 150 telmun) Can we please get a merge? Hell you could probably cut the servers to 25 while your at it. were talking like 8 players per server right now, its an f'ing ghost town guys.

suffering001

Post by suffering001 » 15 May 2018, 14:03

When the may patch hit us in november we will see.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 16 May 2018, 19:25

suffering001 wrote:When the may patch hit us in november we will see.

Do you mean in November when no one is around we will see about a merge?

Or, in November when the May patch finally happens?

At the current rate of attrition LIF-MMO has maybe a 6-12months before it is below 1000players on ALL of the servers total.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

suffering001

Post by suffering001 » 17 May 2018, 04:11

Hodo wrote:Do you mean in November when no one is around we will see about a merge?

Or, in November when the May patch finally happens?

At the current rate of attrition LIF-MMO has maybe a 6-12months before it is below 1000players on ALL of the servers total.

Well, we are half way in may and still no news in the may patch, so i guess they are waiting for everyone to leave or something. im lucky if i can fight 1 or 2 chinese a day now. The game is working worse with 250 players on than it did with 3000 in prime time and the ibs lag like crazy, idk where this is heading to.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 23 May 2018, 17:29

A wipe is inevitable at some point especially considering the state of the game.

It would indeed be a huge mistake to wipe too early though. Maybe when they "release" it would be a good time for it? Iunno

It would be nice if we could transfer our characters but knowing what we know now it wouldn't even be a big deal to start from scratch.
Construction skills are a nightmare to level though, I really hope they do something about that.

I would kick up absolute fury if we didn't get tickets back though if they did decide not to transfer chars

Return to General Discussion