Merry Feudalism! (0.6.22.0 (MMO))

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

Merry Feudalism! (0.6.22.0 (MMO))

Post by Arrakis » 23 Dec 2016, 19:07

Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone,

With the release of the current patch we have tried to create a Christmas mood in the game. We've added holiday hats, boots and mittens in this patch! Put them on and wear them with pleasure. Let Santa know, that Life Is Feudal should be the next place for him to come visit!
To create your hats and other items, you must have linen as well as wool or silk cloth. The required materials depend on the type of item you desire. Sew it with the Weaver's Toolkit. For boots and mittens you need just one linen cloth for each item.

The main news for our beta testers is, that we plan to enable Judgment Hour on Sunday at 6 p.m. UTC (10 a.m. PST). Judgment hour will only be enabled for 1 hour and devoted only to testing its mechanics. We do not expect you to inflict major damage upon each other in just 1 hour, but Life IS Feudal :) During Judgment Hour guilds that are in a state of official war will be able to damage and destroy assets on each other claims, loot containers, well, as you did it many times in LiF:YO.

Patch notes (ver. 0.6.22.0 (MMO)):

New features and tweaks (previous patches included):
  • Added Christmas is feudal special set of craftable items - hats, boots and gloves
  • Judgment hour mechanics have been adapted for the MMO
  • Updated stamina spending on Collect a bark, Search for Something Edible, Gather Plant Fiber, Fish, Saw out a …, Gather Wild Plants abilities
  • Following abilities have decreased skill raise speed now: Construct, Saw out a Billet, Saw out a Board, Bowcraft, Gather Wild Plants, Get a Sprout, Tame.
  • Grind ability has been buffed a little
  • You can now bind yourself to siege tents and keeps. Resurrecting there will significantly decrease your resurrection sickness. Recommended to do only for important warriors in an events involving sieges/raids.
  • Implemented a shiny new GM robe, old GM robe is called "Believer Robe" now.
  • Torch can now be easily made out of basic materials and does not require naphtha. It does not require Demolition skill and deals VERY low siege damage
  • Added new weapon item "Siege Torch". Made with Warfare Engineering from naphtha, required Demolition skill, has normal siege damage
  • Added a loosen snow substance to avoid steep hills being created with snow
  • Added sow, cow and hind wild animals to the game
  • Decreased wild animals chance to inflict wound/fracture/stun
  • Removed ability to block with a pike
  • Defensive fence: damage now dependent on actual durability instead of objects weight
  • Boar and moose attacks damaging sector/reach increased
  • Wild animals should be properly animated on steep terrain tiles
  • Entities: loot, dropped objects, tombstones, corpses are now excluded from "Inspect Object" ability
  • Shape ability is now back in Material preparation skill.
  • Mortar and pestle can now be crafted with a branch as other primitive tools
  • Players should have a proper invulnerability buff, after log in and recall to home. Effect disappears as soon as player starts movement.
  • Adding support of Czech and Korean languages.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed network behavior of our Dispatcher server. That should drastically decrease all connection related problem our players has suffered from. A full and proper fix will be deployed later next week.
  • Fixed some issues with Guild Monuments not upgrading
  • Players that have fallen under the terrain should be returned back to the surface automatically
  • Fixed rare crashes on tooltips
  • Fixed formations related bug that could result in a huge defense bonus making player almost invulnerable
  • Fixed permanently sliding/hanging horses
  • Optimized wild animals navmesh. That should improve performance during maintenance, but might increase new world creation time
  • Fixed emotes sounds
We hope you enjoy today's patch!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

P.S. Due to many requests we’ve decided to make first JH at Sunday.

- The team

Aout
True Believer

Re: Merry Feudalism! (0.6.22.0 (MMO))

Post by Aout » 23 Dec 2016, 19:21

JH on xmas eve.
GG.

Also decreased skill raise speed for getting sprouts ? Why ? Isn't grinding forestry up not hard enough already ? Oh man .... :%)

Grind has been buffed
Last edited by Aout on 23 Dec 2016, 19:34, edited 3 times in total.

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 23 Dec 2016, 19:22

I'd love to see our first JH on the MMO, but on Christmas Eve...
While we're having Christmas dinner our cities will get destroyed, yay!

Kuny2ru

Post by Kuny2ru » 23 Dec 2016, 19:34

Спасибо! Отличное обновление, молодцы ребята, обожаю вас :Bravo:

Carlossg
Alpha Tester

Post by Carlossg » 23 Dec 2016, 19:37

JH when the people is having the Christmas dinner? this is a big problem, i think that this jh need be change to the Monday or to another day...

SomeoneD
Zealous Believer

Post by SomeoneD » 23 Dec 2016, 19:40

А в YO ничего интересного не намечается? :sorry:

Heregnas
True Believer

Post by Heregnas » 23 Dec 2016, 19:42

This not only seems like a joke, but it also seems an offense ...

No longer for believers or non-believers of Christianity or Christmas ... but because if there is a day a year where people are with their families worldwide, it is this.

I think it's a shame, frankly.

chipit
Devoted Believer

Post by chipit » 23 Dec 2016, 19:43

Noice piss off a big part of the beta testers good job :no:
gg
Forth. PRO's

Akarian
Zealous Believer

Post by Akarian » 23 Dec 2016, 19:51

We spent a week working nonstop for trial time. It does not seem normal or right for the developers to put a day like this in which practically no one will be and many people would be discouraged after so much time working and not having the opportunity to defend that city or settlement that cost so much.

I think it's a very unwise decision that would create a serious injury within the mechanics of the game.
Los CUERVOS siempre viven, trabajan, viajan y matan en grupo.

http://cuervosdelatormenta.wix.com/cuervosdelatormenta

Trir
Beta Tester

Post by Trir » 23 Dec 2016, 19:54

AHAHAHA! Great idea with time of JH!

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 23 Dec 2016, 20:11

Heregnas wrote:This not only seems like a joke, but it also seems an offense ...

No longer for believers or non-believers of Christianity or Christmas ... but because if there is a day a year where people are with their families worldwide, it is this.

I think it's a shame, frankly.

Omg Offense really ? Stop thinking the bad Russians, muslims and the rest of the fucking world is trying to make you and your God unhappy

I am not happy with the time either, but i really hope the dev team make a poster with your sensitivity, and hang it in the office and laugh every time they pass it

Coryj315
Devoted Believer

Post by Coryj315 » 23 Dec 2016, 20:18

Best thing i can think for western players to do is load up your spare characters with valuables and log em out if u cant be around. Most of our people will be or already are on vacation/not home. rip settlement GG russian bias

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 23 Dec 2016, 20:21

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone,

Patch notes (ver. 0.6.22.0 (MMO)):

New features and tweaks (previous patches included):
  • Added Christmas is feudal special set of craftable items - hats, boots and gloves
  • Judgment hour mechanics have been adapted for the MMO
  • Updated stamina spending on Collect a bark, Search for Something Edible, Gather Plant Fiber, Fish, Saw out a …, Gather Wild Plants abilities
  • Following abilities have decreased skill raise speed now: Construct, Saw out a Billet, Saw out a Board, Bowcraft, Gather Wild Plants, Get a Sprout, Tame.
  • Grind ability has been buffed a little
  • You can now bind yourself to siege tents and keeps. Resurrecting there will significantly decrease your resurrection sickness. Recommended to do only for important warriors in an events involving sieges/raids.
  • Implemented a shiny new GM robe, old GM robe is called "Believer Robe" now.
  • Torch can now be easily made out of basic materials and does not require naphtha. It does not require Demolition skill and deals VERY low siege damage
  • Added new weapon item "Siege Torch". Made with Warfare Engineering from naphtha, required Demolition skill, has normal siege damage
  • Added a loosen snow substance to avoid steep hills being created with snow
  • Added sow, cow and hind wild animals to the game
  • Decreased wild animals chance to inflict wound/fracture/stun
  • Removed ability to block with a pike
  • Defensive fence: damage now dependent on actual durability instead of objects weight
  • Boar and moose attacks damaging sector/reach increased
  • Wild animals should be properly animated on steep terrain tiles
  • Entities: loot, dropped objects, tombstones, corpses are now excluded from "Inspect Object" ability
  • Shape ability is now back in Material preparation skill.
  • Mortar and pestle can now be crafted with a branch as other primitive tools
  • Players should have a proper invulnerability buff, after log in and recall to home. Effect disappears as soon as player starts movement.
  • Adding support of Czech and Korean languages.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed network behavior of our Dispatcher server. That should drastically decrease all connection related problem our players has suffered from. A full and proper fix will be deployed later next week.
  • Fixed some issues with Guild Monuments not upgrading
  • Players that have fallen under the terrain should be returned back to the surface automatically
  • Fixed rare crashes on tooltips
  • Fixed formations related bug that could result in a huge defense bonus making player almost invulnerable
  • Fixed permanently sliding/hanging horses
  • Optimized wild animals navmesh. That should improve performance during maintenance, but might increase new world creation time
  • Fixed emotes sounds
We hope you enjoy today's patch!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

P.S. Due to many requests we’ve decided to make first JH at Sunday.

- The team

Am I mistaken or are some of these already implemented in the game?

[*] Torch can now be easily made out of basic materials
I've made torches with basic material and without Naphtha

[*] Added sow, cow and hind wild animals to the game
I killed a cow a few days ago? Think also hind and sow but not 100%

[*] Shape ability is now back in Material preparation skill.
I've used it already to shape rock?

[*] Mortar and pestle can now be crafted with a branch as other primitive tools
I've crafted it already a few times this week?

[*] Players should have a proper invulnerability buff, after log in and recall to home. Effect disappears as soon as player starts movement.
This one I am not sure of, because I always started moving from spawn but I'm sure there already was an invulnerability buff?

Duffman118
Zealous Believer

Post by Duffman118 » 23 Dec 2016, 20:40

Seriously... Xmas??

Why on earth did you think this was a good date for everyone? Closed beta has been the best thing of 2016 then you go and do something like that to mess it all up???

I find it very fishy that during Russian holidays the game wont even be playable; but you make a JH during x-mas evening. thats just plain dirty robbing a man while hes eating turkey at grandmas... :cry:

Not cool guys </3 ...
Last edited by Duffman118 on 23 Dec 2016, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.

Ghuton
True Believer

Post by Ghuton » 23 Dec 2016, 20:47

After patch still not able to pass the "Initializing Screen" loading forever.... :shock:

Javichuu
Beta Tester

Post by Javichuu » 23 Dec 2016, 21:19

I think that you should change the day, I do not know if you have thought it right but making the time a holiday in many countries giving a very clear advantage to a few players is like little, a very bad idea. :no: :no:

Many players as they see their base destroyed by family dining, will leave this test and you will lose their confidence for a long time.

Development team, think about the people who have family dinner that day and they will not be able to attend some battles that if they were on other days, they could be epic.

Akarian
Zealous Believer

Post by Akarian » 23 Dec 2016, 21:20

On the other hand, I think the best and easiest thing you can do is try to make the game more realistic, so limiting the terraforming does not seem right, it costs a lot to make them if you want to have it, if you really want to create realistic castles That should be done is to eliminate the "Player for homecoming" in this way it would be imperative to create ramps and logical access to all parts of the castle.

Terraforming is the life of this game, 100% terraformable, must be allowed unevenness of several points in height, in addition to aesthetically beautiful.

DELETE "Player for homecoming"
Los CUERVOS siempre viven, trabajan, viajan y matan en grupo.

http://cuervosdelatormenta.wix.com/cuervosdelatormenta

Nawo1234
Beta Tester

Post by Nawo1234 » 23 Dec 2016, 21:39

Devs, I think you need to rethink that. The 1st battles in Wave #1 on Christmas day?
That's a nonsense.
Even in the case that you can't move it for the next Sunday for vacations, just put the JH implementation in "standby". Or move it to another day of the week.

This will be even better than a neverending list of rants on the forums after Christmas.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 24 Dec 2016, 02:34

That JH time is 100% going to benefit the Russians, and no other groups. it is absolutely insane that you would consider Christmas day a reasonable day for JH. you have two weeks off for Russian Christmas, but your game isn't mainly Russians. if people lose things to this JH because they cant log on, that will cause bad blood, and quite frankly, it will make me question my desire to test this game for you.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 24 Dec 2016, 02:51

Its ma party and ill cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to!

You would cry to if it happened you.

Dun dun dun da dun.

CrazyCheater
Alpha Tester

Post by CrazyCheater » 24 Dec 2016, 13:41

Devs, you cant be serious about that. Please rethink what you are doing to everyone who has christmas on 24/25/26... :no:
Everyone who has conflicts with russians is f*cked up :%)

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 24 Dec 2016, 14:10

I join with others voicing their concerns.
If a defending clan is unable to pick an appropriate defense time, it would be better to delay JH testing.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Dec 2016, 17:25

I understand the desire to test some combat mechanics, but I am not sure what JH is supposed to test when there is no proper siege mechanics in the game, no proper siege weapons in the game, issues with taking alignment hits when war is declared, and some issues with setting standings.

As such this seems to be more about allowing people to engage in looting and killing for an hour without alignment penalties. Not to mention settling some long standing grudges built up over two plus years of YO.

Perhaps if we knew the reason why this needed to be tested there would be less objections from some of your long time testers.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 24 Dec 2016, 17:39

Azzerhoden wrote:I understand the desire to test some combat mechanics, but I am not sure what JH is supposed to test when there is no proper siege mechanics in the game, no proper siege weapons in the game, issues with taking alignment hits when war is declared, and some issues with setting standings.

As such this seems to be more about allowing people to engage in looting and killing for an hour without alignment penalties. Not to mention settling some long standing grudges built up over two plus years of YO.

Perhaps if we knew the reason why this needed to be tested there would be less objections from some of your long time testers.

I would even be okay with this, If it wasn't for the fact that a huge majority of players CANNOT get online for that time, so its not testing wars, or even settling grudges, its allowing players that can log on get free loot.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Christinakelton999
Zealous Believer

Post by Christinakelton999 » 24 Dec 2016, 19:13

Here are all of the Item IDs I could find for the new additions:

GM Robe: 1436
Believer Robe (Old GM Robe): 1379
Gottlung Yule Hat: 1415
Slavard Yule Hat: 1422
Khoor Yule Hat: 1423
Yule Boots: 1427
Yule Mittens: 1434