MMO CBT - When is your turn

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3904
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Arrakis » 23 Jun 2016, 19:46

A lot of you folks have been asking the same question for a while now. The question "when do I get to test the MMO?". There is still some confusion regarding who and how gets access to which stage. This thread is for those of you who still have questions and doubts.

CBT groups explanation

  • Alpha tester: Original backers who supported the MMO project by donating certain ammount of money via paypal before LiF:YO was available on Steam in 2014.
  • Beta tester(1): Players who contributed to the title and the community in numerous ways and were chosen by the lead developer for participation in early CBT stages.

WAVE #0 (Ended)

Accessed by groups:
  • Alpha tester
  • Beta tester(1)
WAVE #1

Accessed by:
  • Participants of wave #0 (groups: Alpha tester, Beta tester(1))
  • True, Devoted and Zealous believers (more info about supporter packs here)
WAVE #2

Accessed by:



Hopefully that will erase any further questions. As for how long will each stage last, that depends on how well the tests will go. General info about time frames can be found here.






Thebillyman
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 05:10

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Thebillyman » 24 Jun 2016, 02:16

Come on Wave 2! Really looking forward to this. It's the main reason I bought Your Own.

User avatar
Donatelobg
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 13:33
Location: Bulgaria

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Donatelobg » 25 Jun 2016, 19:46

soo I'm not considered as a beta or alpha tester even when I got the game when was in alpha stage I don't get it

User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Khan- » 25 Jun 2016, 19:48

Donatelobg wrote:soo I'm not considered as a beta or alpha tester even when I got the game when was in alpha stage I don't get it


Image
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter


Trenix
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 28 Jan 2014, 18:22

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Trenix » 26 Jun 2016, 00:15

Wave #1 should be people who purchased the game during early access. Just a suggestion.


Gizmaul
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 21:41

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Gizmaul » 26 Jun 2016, 03:31

Soon:)
Image


Gizmaul - I taught your girlfriend that thing you like!


Solo_Kamen
True Believer
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 15 Jun 2014, 16:38

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Solo_Kamen » 26 Jun 2016, 11:44

Trenix wrote:Wave #1 should be people who purchased the game during early access. Just a suggestion.


I agree. In the time when game was early access and I bought it, it was totaly broken for me (game launched byt froze after connecting to any server). So, wave #1 for me would be very, very good thing.


Ditesacetine
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 Dec 2015, 11:50

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Ditesacetine » 26 Jun 2016, 15:24

Trenix wrote:Wave #1 should be people who purchased the game during early access. Just a suggestion.



or players with min 1000 or 1500 ingame hours :)


Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 18:16

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Hurlzalot » 27 Jun 2016, 08:34

I dont get why everyone wants into these early tests so badly when there is clearly alot of bugs and only a handful of players on such a large map. Im happy to wait till the game is more stable and opened to the masses. That will be when the real fun begins! Patience , brothers and sisters, we'll all have our chance soon. :D

User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Khan- » 27 Jun 2016, 10:21

and with a wipe at every new phase and a final wipe at the release...
+ people think they might get any kind of advantage... but nope... the full release will offer a totally shuffled ressource dispatch :beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

User avatar
Tufed
True Believer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 May 2016, 08:48

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Tufed » 28 Jun 2016, 09:42

it's good. in the northern hemisphere's summer. I want to walk, relax, cook meat on the fire, why do I need a computer ??? if it is winter - I'll play. 8-)
Forgive my English, Google has come to me.

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Azzerhoden » 28 Jun 2016, 14:44

Hurlzalot wrote:I dont get why everyone wants into these early tests so badly when there is clearly alot of bugs and only a handful of players on such a large map. Im happy to wait till the game is more stable and opened to the masses. That will be when the real fun begins! Patience , brothers and sisters, we'll all have our chance soon. :D

Because the MMO world is amazing. And Massive. And a joy to be on. :D
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

User avatar
Snoberry
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Jul 2016, 02:19

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Snoberry » 02 Jul 2016, 02:29

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm curious

I preordered/bought the game on 10/23/2014. IIRC the game was released in November of the same year, right? So will I be invited into the MMO beta testing, or does the fact that I just created my forum account and linked it with my steam ID today mean that I missed an invitation and won't get another?

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Dleatherus » 02 Jul 2016, 02:42

Snoberry wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm curious

I preordered/bought the game on 10/23/2014. IIRC the game was released in November of the same year, right? So will I be invited into the MMO beta testing, or does the fact that I just created my forum account and linked it with my steam ID today mean that I missed an invitation and won't get another?


you'll be in Wave#2

User avatar
Snoberry
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Jul 2016, 02:19

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Snoberry » 02 Jul 2016, 03:16

Dleatherus wrote:
Snoberry wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm curious

I preordered/bought the game on 10/23/2014. IIRC the game was released in November of the same year, right? So will I be invited into the MMO beta testing, or does the fact that I just created my forum account and linked it with my steam ID today mean that I missed an invitation and won't get another?


you'll be in Wave#2


Ok. Thanks.

Was kind of hoping to be able to see the game a little sooner but I guess I waited long enough what's another 3-6 months.

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Dleatherus » 02 Jul 2016, 05:13

Snoberry wrote:
Ok. Thanks.

Was kind of hoping to be able to see the game a little sooner but I guess I waited long enough what's another 3-6 months.


hrmmm

we still don't know what criteria the devs will put on players joining for Wave#1 which should be starting in 2-3 weeks

might be that you will qualify, depending on those yet-to-be-announced conditions


J96913
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Mar 2016, 10:23

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by J96913 » 03 Jul 2016, 10:26

Hope I can join soon ... :Yahoo!:


Sevil
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 16 Jul 2014, 20:50

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Sevil » 05 Jul 2016, 01:48

Joined Jul 2014, and not a part of alpha?

User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Khan- » 05 Jul 2016, 06:39

Sevil wrote:Joined Jul 2014, and not a part of alpha?


did you send them money ?
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Jul 2016, 22:45

Sevil wrote:Joined Jul 2014, and not a part of alpha?

Spend a few minutes searching these forums and you will find enlightenment.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!


Potrais
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 20 Oct 2014, 12:14

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Potrais » 05 Jul 2016, 22:49

Good afternoon Est. I was looking at the server and I only saw 2 players on the server and not in the same place. How is this testing the game. I would figure that you would need at least 50 players testing different parts of the game and map. How are you effectively testing the game at this stage with only a few players. if you build us a checklist of what you want tested then people could test different parts of the map and game to determine if there are any issues as well as report any other issues that they noted. this would be a win win for you. give it some thought. kick testers who are not participating and add new fresh members to give it a try. I think in the long run you make more folks happy as well as get this game tested.

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Dleatherus » 06 Jul 2016, 13:33

Potrais wrote:Good afternoon Est. I was looking at the server and I only saw 2 players on the server and not in the same place. How is this testing the game. I would figure that you would need at least 50 players testing different parts of the game and map. How are you effectively testing the game at this stage with only a few players. if you build us a checklist of what you want tested then people could test different parts of the map and game to determine if there are any issues as well as report any other issues that they noted. this would be a win win for you. give it some thought. kick testers who are not participating and add new fresh members to give it a try. I think in the long run you make more folks happy as well as get this game tested.



this screenie from a post by Arrakis on Jul 01 (5 days ago):

Image

basically (as i understand it) enough data and bugs has been collected by the dev team from the testers to last them until Wave#1 is ready to launch (which they have said is just a couple of weeks away now)

another way to look at it is that the testers job on Wave#0 is done, and that is why you see fewer of them now - taking a well-deserved break

one could suggest instead of banning inactive testers. ban folks who are inactive on keeping up with the recent news/developments - however both are ridiculous suggestions and neither should be considered for even the briefest of moments :D

User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Khan- » 06 Jul 2016, 19:11

I believe the only thing why they are waiting for launching wave #1 is only the devlopement of the MMO guild settings... as they said.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter


Hotshot25120
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 01:40

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Hotshot25120 » 13 Jul 2016, 01:38

I agree for the first wave its not about quantity


S3D4T3
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Nov 2013, 02:26

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by S3D4T3 » 22 Jul 2016, 20:17

Looking forward to the MMO


GuardianAngelz
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 14:57

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by GuardianAngelz » 29 Jul 2016, 20:12

I am very much looking forward to stream this for my community and hopefully assist in building up a new and bigger one for the title.


Sydbio
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 14:06

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Sydbio » 29 Jul 2016, 21:54

I have the game since 2014, when it started, I have 4 accounts, paid for a server for 2 years encouraging people, at first spent awake nights resolving database problems when casting updates that altered the entire database so not that wipes, I helped in forum discussions, I believe I am entitled to have access to as alpha or beta.

I'm from the beginning not only as a player but as a supporter grance in Brazilian comundade, it would be fair that I'm as beta

User avatar
Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 18 May 2016, 04:37
Location: Pendor

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 30 Jul 2016, 05:18

Sydbio wrote:I have the game since 2014, when it started, I have 4 accounts, paid for a server for 2 years encouraging people, at first spent awake nights resolving database problems when casting updates that altered the entire database so not that wipes, I helped in forum discussions, I believe I am entitled to have access to as alpha or beta.

I'm from the beginning not only as a player but as a supporter grance in Brazilian comundade, it would be fair that I'm as beta


so did my friend, but he still need to wait #2
Image
As staunch as a massive RUBY | Lophier


Sydbio
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 14:06

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Sydbio » 30 Jul 2016, 13:18

Lophier wrote:
Sydbio wrote:I have the game since 2014, when it started, I have 4 accounts, paid for a server for 2 years encouraging people, at first spent awake nights resolving database problems when casting updates that altered the entire database so not that wipes, I helped in forum discussions, I believe I am entitled to have access to as alpha or beta.

I'm from the beginning not only as a player but as a supporter grance in Brazilian comundade, it would be fair that I'm as beta


so did my friend, but he still need to wait #2


I see this as a lack of respect , dedication for nothing. I'm sorry about your friend.

User avatar
Kaienmuerte
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 22 Jan 2015, 00:33

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Kaienmuerte » 30 Jul 2016, 14:42

Beside, are there any objectives for beta testers, or it will be just free gaming expirience?

Return to General Discussion