MMO CBT - When is your turn

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Arrakis » 19 May 2017, 23:25

Sevil wrote:I have been a member since 2014, but am not part of any tester groups... how come?

Alpha tester title is reserved for those who supported the project via paypal before YO appeared on steam.

FrostyMug

Post by FrostyMug » 22 May 2017, 18:40

I purchased LIF Your Own when it first hit steam and was set to test on the Wave #1 and then along come the packs and knock me clear out a whole wave of testing? How does that work? I have been a loyal customer of LIF and supporter up until now. The packs should be last. They were not supporters when we were and seems only fair to place length of support ahead of amount of money supported (Even though when I bought Your Own it was at the Bronze level of supporter already.) I just do not understand this company and its development style since it is all seeming like a money grab to me at this point.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 22 May 2017, 19:25

FrostyMug wrote:I purchased LIF Your Own when it first hit steam and was set to test on the Wave #1 and then along come the packs and knock me clear out a whole wave of testing? How does that work? I have been a loyal customer of LIF and supporter up until now. The packs should be last. They were not supporters when we were and seems only fair to place length of support ahead of amount of money supported (Even though when I bought Your Own it was at the Bronze level of supporter already.) I just do not understand this company and its development style since it is all seeming like a money grab to me at this point.

Steam owners where never ment in wave 1, steam owners where always wave 2.

Enchiridion

Post by Enchiridion » 23 May 2017, 21:45

Yo, I just want to say that it's not all of us who are salty and impatient. I love LiF:YO and I'm really looking forward to get into the next MMO beta! Keep up the awesome work, focus on creating a great game, and ignore all the negative people on the forum!

Sevil

Post by Sevil » 24 May 2017, 15:37

I have a question. The people who are a part of the testing now, like the ones who donated extra recently and became believers, are they able to play all the time? or are the servers open only certain days out of the whole wave phase?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 May 2017, 22:40

Sevil wrote:I have a question. The people who are a part of the testing now, like the ones who donated extra recently and became believers, are they able to play all the time? or are the servers open only certain days out of the whole wave phase?

During CBT there are test runs that last 2-3weeks and then in between those test runs we close them for maintenance so we can analyze all the data and fix the issues. Nobody can enter the server during that time.

Sevil

Post by Sevil » 25 May 2017, 14:32

Arrakis wrote:
Sevil wrote:I have a question. The people who are a part of the testing now, like the ones who donated extra recently and became believers, are they able to play all the time? or are the servers open only certain days out of the whole wave phase?

During CBT there are test runs that last 2-3weeks and then in between those test runs we close them for maintenance so we can analyze all the data and fix the issues. Nobody can enter the server during that time.

Makes sense. Thanks for your responses.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 27 May 2017, 23:26

Just asking in general: is wave 2 near?

Because since my last post I gathered it would be 2-3 months and that's about June/July by my counting (rather June than July).

There is a threshold between excitement and disappointment and though we'll all cherish the day we can enter the persistent and amazing world of LiF, we'd arrive with more enthusiam, if the date was set rather sooner than later. Or if it has to be later (I mean, REALLY much later), it would be awesome to hear about it too. And as early as possible, then. Confusing innit?

I'm really a big fan of the concept and enjoyed :YO for hundreds of hours. It's just time to move on and it has been for a while now. I don't like the whole "buy your way into the game now" deal. I want to be king on my own terms, and I'll wait my turn to smite these upstarts :evil:

Zmoreilly
True Believer

Post by Zmoreilly » 29 May 2017, 02:33

Quick question. I understand I can't play untill wave 2 becomes available. But I couldn't even log in with the launcher to get a error message of (unable to play, or something to that matter) I logged in with my gmail account so I am just asking to make sure there isn't any issues.

Aolas68

Post by Aolas68 » 31 May 2017, 17:44

And still the same bullshit and miss concept, I was a big supporter of this game. Had some dedicated game servers running (NFO) with LiF:YO for a group that I don't want mention here.

Than I realized that the Dev's decided, they need more money, understandable (servers, development, and also the leeches need salary) so they started to sale some new packages to with the possibility to buy in Beta MMO. In one way understandable, but on the other side you crossed the real supporting community who bought your game in the beginning.

Sad thing.

I hope the dev and the brain master behind the game will prosper, but in the same time i hope the marketing and the other leeches will go under.

:)

Nuke76

Post by Nuke76 » 16 Jun 2017, 04:45

:bad:

Philthie
True Believer

Post by Philthie » 03 Jul 2017, 13:41

I bought the Zealous Supporter pack as I only noticed yesterday the MMO has actually become an actual thing.

I wanted it originally but bought YO to check it out. Having played tons of Survival Games at the time I wasnt overly interested in more, I wanted the MMO.

Have verified ownership of YO and purchased Zealous Supporter how long does it usually take to get access to the Beta?

I have a really bad itch now and boy does it need scratched.

:pardon:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 03 Jul 2017, 17:05

CBT4 is scheduled for 5th of July, so two days from now ;)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 04 Jul 2017, 13:53

So, it appears players can patch now (at least I was able to perform a new install), but being able to login using Google doesn't seem to work.

UPDATED - I stand corrected. All but the last 3mg. Still, players can download the rest of the game.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Post by Burne109 » 04 Jul 2017, 18:49

Good news, thanks for the update Azzerhoden!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Jul 2017, 18:51

Info about the launcher update can be found here: post102562/#p102562

Birmag
True Believer

Post by Birmag » 07 Jul 2017, 05:23

Добрыый http://plays.tv/video/595f18360563571980/-

Очки монумента не добавились :O:

Fedesco

Post by Fedesco » 02 Aug 2017, 09:01

Hi,

is there any schedule how long CBT Wave 4 will last?
I am curious to know when Beta will open for YO owners.

Thanks in advance

Davis105
True Believer

Post by Davis105 » 02 Aug 2017, 11:11

Unread post by Axel.moeller » Today, 13:01

Hi,

is there any schedule how long CBT Wave 4 will last?
I am curious to know when Beta will open for YO owners.

Thanks in advance

As of right now, we're in Wave 1 still. There is only three waves of tests in the MMO. Wave 0, Wave 1 and Wave 2. We're heading into the last(as of now) planned Closed Beta Test for Wave 1. People who own the Your Own version will be able to try out the MMO with the rest of us once Wave 2 starts. Again, the plan that has been set by the Dev Team is that within the next 2 months Wave 2 will start.

Hope this answers your question.

Lon_obers
Zealous Believer

Post by Lon_obers » 06 Aug 2017, 10:36

When is everything coming back online again?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Aug 2017, 10:40

Lon_obers wrote:When is everything coming back online again?

Once we deal with game breaking issues that have forced us to put Instanced Battles on hold. ;)

Wbox001
True Believer

Post by Wbox001 » 06 Aug 2017, 13:16

I just bought a pack and installed the game ... this is not the cheapest pleasure .. the server does not work. How long ago? And how often does it happen?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Aug 2017, 14:30

Wbox001 wrote:I just bought a pack and installed the game ... this is not the cheapest pleasure .. the server does not work. How long ago? And how often does it happen?

We are in between the test runs. Currently preparing for short Instanced Battles session. CBT5 is scheduled to start within a month after it's over

Rosariothevampire

Post by Rosariothevampire » 08 Aug 2017, 21:43

when will be a beta where i can freely build stuff? :)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 Aug 2017, 22:37

Rosariothevampire wrote:when will be a beta where i can freely build stuff? :)

I assume you're thinking about the stage where there will be no wipes, yes? That will be Wave#2 aka OBT. If that's the case, we have slipped a bit and everything is a bit delayed so I can't give you a precise date. But we're hoping to get there in about couple months. We still have Instanced Battles session ahead and CBT5 after that.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 15 Aug 2017, 08:30

I'm visiting the forum every few months to check on progress. It's definitely there, but not how everyone expected. To be fair, I expected to get access by end of August or beginning of September. But the way it's still uncertain how many more months to add to the queue isn't helping.

Wouldn't it make sense to give the old owners and supporters of LiF:YO their access now? I imagine the population in server tests is pretty low by now, so some additional players might even help. Plus late summer/fall 2017 was supposed to be our entry date, if I'm not mistaken.

Most of all, I don't see the reason, why to keep us out of the game at this late point anyway. Is it the organisational effort? If the MMO is working good enough we might as well play it and add to the experience. And then restart together after the beta-wipe. It would be much nicer for everyone than just waiting all this time :D

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Aug 2017, 11:12

Kapustin_Yar wrote:Wouldn't it make sense to give the old owners and supporters of LiF:YO their access now? I imagine the population in server tests is pretty low by now, so some additional players might even help. Plus late summer/fall 2017 was supposed to be our entry date, if I'm not mistaken.

Servers are not ready for such influx of players yet.

Beowulfgoth

Post by Beowulfgoth » 17 Aug 2017, 05:47

I know this may be a retictive or stupid question but I have LF YO and wanted to know if I could play the beta test 5 or did I want to know when I will have a chance to play? pls someone
please answer me :) :)

Bjarkan

Post by Bjarkan » 17 Aug 2017, 05:50

Beowulfgoth wrote:I know this may be a retictive or stupid question but I have LF YO and wanted to know if I could play the beta test 5 or did I want to know when I will have a chance to play? pls someone
please answer me :) :)

i have the same question :P XD

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Aug 2017, 11:50

LiF:YO owners will be able to take part in the next testing phase after CBT is over.

Return to General Discussion