MMO CBT - When is your turn

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

KrisWeb
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by KrisWeb » 31 Oct 2016, 13:17

Hurlzalot wrote:I dont get why everyone wants into these early tests so badly when there is clearly alot of bugs and only a handful of players on such a large map. Im happy to wait till the game is more stable and opened to the masses. That will be when the real fun begins! Patience , brothers and sisters, we'll all have our chance soon. :D

i have to agree with you on that. i've played LiF:YO for some time but I stoped as I want stuff to explore them in MMO.

Zipkorag

Post by Zipkorag » 02 Nov 2016, 13:56

This is starting to be looooooong :Search:

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 02 Nov 2016, 15:26

Zipkorag wrote:This is starting to be looooooong :Search:

What is? That beta run is over, no one is testing anything. They are reworking the email system, and fixing things they found and we will get a chance next week for the 11/11 beta run.......

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 03 Nov 2016, 10:27

One, two, one, two, three, four

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you
I'm still alright to smile
Life is feudal, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt you're in my heart now

Said Life is feudal take it slow, and it'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said Life is feudal make it slow and we'll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience (Patience)
Mm, yeah

I sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear
Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed up the time
But you know LiF there's one more thing to consider

Said Life is feudal take it slow and things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said Life is feudal take the time 'cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes to make it
We won't fake it, I'll never break it
'Cause I can't take it

Little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more patience, yeah (I've been walking the streets at night, just trying to get it right)
A little patience, yeah (Its hard to see with so many around
You know I don't like being stuck in the crowd)
Could use some patience, yeah (And the streets don't change but maybe the names)
(I ain't got time for the game 'cause I need you)
Gotta have more patience, yeah (Yeah, yeah but I need you)
All need some patience (Ooh I need you, whoa I need you)
Just a little patience is all you need (Ooh, this time, ah)

:D :D :D

Darrylmorin

Post by Darrylmorin » 03 Nov 2016, 21:20

please skip wave 1, I really wanna play MMO :crazy:
I'm not a troll :bad:
I really really want to play MMO :O:
or can you change my name to blue PLEASE :%)

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 10 Nov 2016, 21:49

Ditesacetine wrote:
Trenix wrote:Wave #1 should be people who purchased the game during early access. Just a suggestion.

or players with min 1000 or 1500 ingame hours :)

Yes and Yes !!

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 10 Nov 2016, 22:18

True story.

No matter what criteria they chose, folks would complain about it being unfair.

Therefore, the fairest way to choose is random selection.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 10 Nov 2016, 23:05

ThorneRazeri wrote:True story.

No matter what criteria they chose, folks would complain about it being unfair.

Therefore, the fairest way to choose is random selection.

Maybe not the fairest but the fastest. Choosing right people only delays test itself.

Dobrynya
True Believer

Post by Dobrynya » 12 Nov 2016, 09:40

:Search:

Nacho
True Believer

Post by Nacho » 12 Nov 2016, 14:29

:beer:

Jacobyswift
True Believer

Post by Jacobyswift » 12 Nov 2016, 18:10

Ditesacetine wrote:or players with min 1000 or 1500 ingame hours :)

So my 700hrs does not show enough time spent in the game?! I think my missus would argue with you on that one. ;P

Prayr
True Believer

Post by Prayr » 15 Nov 2016, 00:08

Anytime I ever look at the population of the test server its only about 15 to 20 people. How much testing can get done by a handful of testers? Why not let 100's more in on the testing and perhaps you get test results faster and more accurate ?

Kilx1233
True Believer

Post by Kilx1233 » 15 Nov 2016, 00:33

Tredo wrote:Anytime I ever look at the population of the test server its only about 15 to 20 people. How much testing can get done by a handful of testers? Why not let 100's more in on the testing and perhaps you get test results faster and more accurate ?

At least let this guy in, he joined the website 3 years ago

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 15 Nov 2016, 01:00

Kilx1233 wrote:
Tredo wrote:Anytime I ever look at the population of the test server its only about 15 to 20 people. How much testing can get done by a handful of testers? Why not let 100's more in on the testing and perhaps you get test results faster and more accurate ?

At least let this guy in, he joined the website 3 years ago

And yet you have more posts then he does.

To answer the question though, folks test various things within the first day, then more the second day. By the third day though what else can you do? Grind for skill gain?

Part of this test was for server cluster stability. You can see from Bobik in another thread that the clusters have issues with staying up 24x7. I've run into an issue traveling between cluster nodes where I can no longer interact with trees, yet if I go back to the proceeding cluster, the problem goes away.

This is why more people are not allowed in. Let a couple hundred more in who hit issues like this and there will be multiple threads on multiple boards about how the game isn't ready. The plan is slow and steady pace moving forward, and its a good plan.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 15 Nov 2016, 01:27

ThorneRazeri wrote:This is why more people are not allowed in. Let a couple hundred more in who hit issues like this and there will be multiple threads on multiple boards about how the game isn't ready. The plan is slow and steady pace moving forward, and its a good plan.

Absolutely. Another point is that those are short test with 2-3 days, wipe and skillgain like LiF:YO on x1. What can you do? The hardcore players are not so many and they are mainly in guilds. Many of the testers already explored the map during wave 0 and didn't have the curiosity anymore to do it again, so they either grinded or didn't play at all.

The current testing gives enough results - more bugs are found then they can fix in reasonable amount of time to justify 24/7 servers and more players. There are solo players who mainly explore the map and report the problems they find along the way, test server transitions, stability and every server crash is recorded. There are also some guilds with many members who got enough players in to settle down and test the daily work. I can think of 7-8 such guilds.
Our alliance for example was one of those that got a village up and running and reported all the the problems and broken stuff along the way. I personally leveled smelting to 90 (recycle, precious metals smelting) and blacksmithing/armorsmithing to 80, the constructors made me bloomery and blacksmith shop, so I crafted everything including few armor sets and tested the quality caps. Reported the problems and provided feedback about the recipes that was acknowledged and changed between the previous short wave and the current one. At least for me it's absolutely the same if I was one of I guess 10 blacksmiths who leveled on this wave and provided reports + feedback or one of 100, because in both cases we all would've said the same thing. The same goes to all professions that were tested by simulating the daily tasks and building up a village.
We've also tested the new combat changes, because that's what guilds can do unlike solo players - gear up and do fights with others, because there isn't much to test about combat by running naked with 1h axe. Besides the feedback will be way better and more detailed when the same combat rebalance comes to YO this or next week. That's not MMO specific.

The point is that more players right now won't bring more benefits or speed up the bug fixing process. When the general stuff is fixed, the planned mechanics are introduced then more players will mean better stability tests and more minor bugs founds. But LiF:MMO is not at this point atm no matter how hard we want it to be.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 15 Nov 2016, 02:48

Sharana wrote:The current testing gives enough results - more bugs are found then they can fix in reasonable amount of time to justify 24/7 servers and more players.

First - thank you for testing the game thoroughly. I'm sure that's appreciated by most people on the forums, as it will make their game smoother when it is their turn. I'm sure they are just like me - impatient - because we really don't care about LiF and just want to play the MMO, i.e. the social experience.

I spent a considerable time playing LiF, but the game has its limits. At some point and with a shrinking clan it turned into mindless hours of grinding for me and a friend to maintain our village. I don't want that. I want a large, populated world where you can always find people, who want to work together on a bigger goal.

The question is if the game is stable enough to be released anytime soon. I mean - obviously with MMOs you want things safe and sound, before opening doors for everyone. I'd just like to know when (about) this game will be released to the general public of people, who - like me - bought LiF only for the MMO. I bet that's half or more of the entire people who play the game. So some kind of rough date (e.g. March-April 2017) would be much better than always having to come back and ask here.

It seems they are three-four months over their schedule by now, so I take it there are some problems beyond the clusterfucks in LiF: MMO. It's a common problem with early access that you always want more info than the developer gives. Most of all you just want a date and look forward to playing that day and every day after.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 15 Nov 2016, 12:11

Kapustin_Yar wrote:The question is if the game is stable enough to be released anytime soon. I mean - obviously with MMOs you want things safe and sound, before opening doors for everyone. I'd just like to know when (about) this game will be released to the general public of people, who - like me - bought LiF only for the MMO. I bet that's half or more of the entire people who play the game. So some kind of rough date (e.g. March-April 2017) would be much better than always having to come back and ask here.

Well Bobik said february-april 2017 as ETA yesterday. Add 1-3 months to make it more realistic and that should be a reasonable date.
But that's wave 2 when everything major should be OK, they will definitely be adding more players to wave 1 as they progress further and the testing will benefit from more players. Many more players will be added when the game is ready for 24/7 testing I would guess - maybe december, maybe early 2017.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 15 Nov 2016, 15:24

Sharana wrote:Well Bobik said february-april 2017 as ETA yesterday. Add 1-3 months to make it more realistic and that should be a reasonable date.
Many more players will be added when the game is ready for 24/7 testing I would guess - maybe december, maybe early 2017.

Well that's good. Thanks for the info, I'm not following the devs twitter, etc. and just looked for some general info. Anything from February to April would be great. I do plan on making a life for myself in the MMO and want to see how it all folds out over the years. So starting early and on a stable version is my first priority. I might just reload LiF to see what changes were done to combat. I'm currently playing a free game called "Tiger Knight", which has the best blocking I've ever used. And so simple, but it works. I don't remember exactly how it works in LiF, but i remember I had big problems reading my enemy and blocking his moves back then. A good melee combat system will make this game really good for me. As for the ranged combat, I hope they improved that aswell. It always felt like I was shooting arrows on a string.

Apart from minor criticism I do have faith in this game and think it will be great when it gets released. Hence my apprehension; I simply can't wait for this big world to be realized and populated by thousands of players.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 15 Nov 2016, 15:56

Feb - Apr was an estimate for the open beta, which I am fairly sure means everyone who purchased YO. It was previously estimated that this test would last for around 6 months so a more realistic estimate may be a year for the MMO GA.

Right now the biggest issue with the testing is that once the initial couple of days are over it becomes harder to want to log in to grind some skill up. That's why folks see a population drop off as quick as it does.

Wave 1 should prove to be different. Can't wait.

XeenMcKenna

Post by XeenMcKenna » 17 Nov 2016, 09:35

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 17 Nov 2016, 11:39

not yet defined bob !

another fast test for the end of november is awaited... so... hmmm... maybe in december... ? :beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Nov 2016, 12:31

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:not yet defined bob !

another fast test for the end of november is awaited... so... hmmm... maybe in december... ? :beer:

That will be the start of wave 1. So - 25.11 if everything goes well.

Catullo

Post by Catullo » 25 Nov 2016, 15:54

no hurry. just relax and wait
"If voting could change anything it would be made illegal!" (Robert S. Borden - 1976)

Zombrine
Beta Tester

Post by Zombrine » 26 Nov 2016, 05:12

When will be Wave 2?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 26 Nov 2016, 11:50

Zombrine wrote:When will be Wave 2?

Approx. Feb/April 2017
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/