MMO Darkness Poll

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Should the darkness in the MMO be toned down?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 31

Freshmango55
Beta Tester

MMO Darkness Poll

Post by Freshmango55 » 21 Feb 2017, 23:38

Creating this poll to get an idea of how many people in the community agree with having this insane darkness in the game, in my opinion it doesn't make for very fun gameplay and the darkness is so dark to the point of being unrealistic even.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: MMO Darkness Poll

Post by Sharana » 22 Feb 2017, 11:50

It wasn't so dark, but the result was the following:
- many players didn't change any settings and it was still dark to a point where PvP is hard to impossible during nights
- many players changed their gamma settings ingame or vie 3rd party program and as result were able to effectively PvP at nights

So that means part of the players were gaining unfair advantage over others and in combination with the devs desire for darker nights it led to the current MMO nights where even the gamma change won't help anymore.

Freshmango55
Beta Tester

Post by Freshmango55 » 22 Feb 2017, 16:31

Well then they should make the nights less dark lol, the nights are so dark to the point of being unrealistic, I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farmland, if I was to go out into one of those fields in the middle of the night and take a picture you would be able to see much better than the darkness in this game.

Edit- I know how the nights used to be, I've played this game since 2014.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 17 Aug 2017, 14:11

Bump

Vtl.autostate
Devoted Believer

Post by Vtl.autostate » 17 Aug 2017, 14:57

imo it is unrealisticly dark, all I can do at night is ruining with grid shown (F3) park my char at some point where I can afk grind.

My suggestion is to reduce the darkness overall or reduce the amount of night time that is way too dark, 0- 3 am darkest or something like that. Realistically it must depend on weather and how much stars are visible, moon phase, amount of clouds etc
As a cg artist worked on AAA game and movie titles I can say that the game at night looks broken. :sorry:
As a gamer - here is what happens - I came home from work and want to play for 2h, I log in and it's a night... fk it I'll play something else today

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 17 Aug 2017, 15:05

If the engine allow it i think darkness should vary according to the moon phase. Some night could be beautiful and lighter with a full moon so we less need to light a torch so see more at close proximity, and some night should be very dark night with no moon or cloudy night, so the torch is required.

In a realistic world, shoot at long distance at night is not easy and an enemy can quickly run and disappear in the dark. So PvP should happen more often in day time.

everybody already use F3 or F4 night vision to move easy at night, settings change should not be permit, many players like to enjoy the natural darkness and don't want to damage their eyes with full gamma and change it every 3 hours.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 17 Aug 2017, 21:21

like autostate mentioned, it is unrealistically dark and simply detrimental to gameplay to the point where people just sign off if it is night - you cant do anything...

Dragonis4
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragonis4 » 23 Aug 2017, 15:32

true, night is not that fun, sure some people can play ninja but if it was little bit lighter it you could still sneak up on people. Right now it's too dark, and moon and sky looks weird flashing bright and ground being pitch black ... and by weird i mean really ugly and bad

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 23 Aug 2017, 16:54

Current darkness is neither realistic or good for gameplay...it's not anything good.

100% guarentee that current darkness levels at night will lead to one of two results for any given player - hacks, or logging off.

@Bobik please consider adjusting nighttime.

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 23 Aug 2017, 23:15

if you have properly light up town and roads it looks good but that't pretty much all.

for me, when the darkness comes I log off and do some "crafting" around the house or take dogs for a walk.

I'm for lighter nights with the total darkness no longer than 10-15 min.
or shorten the night length all together. but not too much, I don't want to rush my dogs... ;)

Return to Feedback Section