MMO Region specialty items

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Apaullon

MMO Region specialty items

Post by Apaullon » 29 Jan 2015, 20:28

This post is entirely focused on regional specialty to allow for realistic trading during the MMO. I will not dive into details as to what region should have what. That is for the DEVS

My suggestion, and perhaps they are implementing but I've seen no mention, is each specific region have a specialty item only allowed for example, the Steppe region in the south having the best horses. It would then be advantageous for a kingdom settling there to raise horses and trade them to other regions that have a better resource such as the desert region for say glass?
By having this system it would allow for a global trade network like there was in the medieval world. Likewise, it would provoke confrontation through trade disputes and the like. Overall diplomacy would increase and the world be linked. The introduction of a currency is a must as well to allow for traveling merchants.

A real trading system allows for the world to be linked, and alliances forged....likewise wars to be waged.

Astapor

Re: MMO Region specialty items

Post by Astapor » 29 Jan 2015, 21:51

good idea. but i think mods are aware of it.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 30 Jan 2015, 02:24

Its already in. The middle region is best for crops, the north has the best trees, and the south animals.

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Zerbe
Zealous Believer

Post by Zerbe » 06 Feb 2017, 10:46

Wolfhelm wrote:Its already in. The middle region is best for crops, the north has the best trees, and the south animals.

Wolfheim do you know of a map detailing the regions or a post explaining them in depth?
Also I read your guild info, I think it sounds like a really cool Idea and look forward to seeing you in game.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 06 Feb 2017, 11:33

Zerbe wrote:
Wolfhelm wrote:Its already in. The middle region is best for crops, the north has the best trees, and the south animals.

Wolfheim do you know of a map detailing the regions or a post explaining them in depth?
Also I read your guild info, I think it sounds like a really cool Idea and look forward to seeing you in game.

In the middle strip (servers 22-28) have the best crops output on yearly basis.
Southern servers have more sunny weather which means faster breeding of animals compared to middle or north.
Northen servers have more cloudy weather and longer winters which means trees grow faster there.

Lerp8674
True Believer

Post by Lerp8674 » 10 Feb 2017, 19:23

Literally made an entire post about shit like this
regional-diversity-to-help-grow-the-game-t22294/

Return to Suggestions and Ideas