MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Brojman

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Brojman » 26 May 2016, 00:59

35. Will there be any loading between the numbered sections of the map?
I have been waiting for this sense launch on steam! So Pumped!

• Answer: NO! And you should report if you will ever feel something while traversing across server borders.

Pallustris

Post by Pallustris » 26 May 2016, 01:07

I'm really excited!
Looking forward to it!

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 26 May 2016, 01:21

36. Is there any information on how resource shuffling works?
Is it just the quality, the type of resource or even the location where ore is.

• Answer: Everything will be shuffled.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 26 May 2016, 03:18

37.we are Asian players,and may i ask that is there a PING or lost package problem for us ,and do we need a better VPN to be fine with our game expierence?

• Answer: Better VPN would be nice. But I (Bobik) plan to visit ChinaJoy this July, and hopefully there will be some agreement with a local publisher in order to provide Asian based regional servers. ;)
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 26 May 2016, 03:22

38. Shall we (LIFYO owner) will finnally get in touch with MMO CBT by this end of the month,i mean just playing the game if everything goes pretty well . Most excited can`t hold myself :P :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:

• Answer: LiF:YO owners will join in the Beta Wave #2. Check this announcement for more info.
Last edited by Artoria Pendragon on 26 May 2016, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

Drewsclues

Post by Drewsclues » 26 May 2016, 03:41

39. I know it's probably a stupid question. But are there going to be pre-made npc cities or will we be building everything?

• Answer: There will be one, central city with certain features. The rest (building cities and kingdoms) is up to players.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 26 May 2016, 08:09

40. How many players do you currently expect and set up the servers for?

• Answer: Hopefully thousands.

41. Will we get more animations for RP-lovers?

• Answer: Not MMO related, but we will always do our best to add content both to RPers and PvPers :)

42. Since there will be Kingdoms, do you intend to introduce a game system to handle allies or will it to be handled all by the players?

• Answer: Alliance states will be done in game and players will be able to use and manage that system.

43. Am I going to be one of the lucky in Beta Wave #2? :crazy:

• Answer: Alliance states will be done in game and players will be able to use and manage that system.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 26 May 2016, 08:27

44. Will it be possible to achive another level of communication with the developement team, such as possible teamspeak or similar during the testing, if the team has time, to solve or adress some possible issues in more understandable detail?

• Answer: We will be available in voice chat if it is needed. But there are no details at the moment.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 26 May 2016, 10:04

45. If every thing goes well, could you devs shorten the time of #1 wave ??several month are being to long for us to wait... most of us coudn`t want to sit in YO any more.plz think about it :P plz

• Answer: Yes. But practice shows many times that it NEVER goes well :)

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 26 May 2016, 10:40

46. When will you launch US servers? And how will they work, atleast how are they planed to work, seperate or some nodes are us some are eu, any plans regarding this even speculations are welcomed.

• Answer: We won't divide the community too early. But we will launch regional servers (US, Asia) eventually, most likely in later beta stages.
Last edited by Ubaciosamse on 26 May 2016, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 26 May 2016, 10:51

47. In the intial wave #0 are both usergroups Alpha tester and Beta Tester(1), will both be able to join or are the beta testers actualy in the wave marked with #1? Description was a bit unclear.

• Answer: Both groups will be able to join.

DetCox

Post by DetCox » 26 May 2016, 11:49

48. Are there/will there be any swamps in the MMO world?

• Answer: There are swamps already, but not that many. Why asking? :)

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 26 May 2016, 13:33

49. Is the current "picture" of the MMO map up to date, because it has been there for quite a while now?

• Answer: It's mostly up to date. We're making some changes and tuning here and there, and we are planning to update it between waves, but general view will be the same.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 26 May 2016, 13:37

50. There was a speculation that ressources near the spawn city in those nods are actualy very bad, to prevent camping of the city itself by a large group being near, any truth to that?

• Answer: Players will not be able to extract resources inside and near the city. Outside of the city, resources will be the same as anywhere on that latitude.

Dennis150984

Post by Dennis150984 » 26 May 2016, 13:51

where can you see if your a backer?

• Answer: Original backers have yellow nickname. They have supported us financially before LiF:YO was even an idea.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 26 May 2016, 13:55

51.you mean you dev will build up sevral servers for different region, but not one world server (like EVE)?

• Answer: Right now we're going to have only one European server, at least for Wave 0 and Wave 1. Later on, we will probably create one regional server for each region to combat ping issues for players in those regions.

EVE online is a point and click type of the game, where there is almost no collisions between anything and with target based combat. In our case, players constantly collide with everything around them, with no-target combat, players, horses, terraforming, buildings and all that stuff. Because of that, we will not be able to support as many players as in EVE. Although, we will prevent IP filtering/blocks on regional servers, so everyone, for instance from NA servers will be free to play on EU servers, and so on.

Sioyth

Post by Sioyth » 26 May 2016, 17:18

I just wanna say the devs of this game congratz, you guys are awesome :D

Mjbellande

Post by Mjbellande » 26 May 2016, 17:42

Keep it up Devs!!

Edit: By linking steam to this websites account, would that tell me my status of funding? Or is there another verification of backing method?

• Answer: If you don't have yellow name on forums, you're not a backer :(

Intervention

Post by Intervention » 26 May 2016, 18:01

Sounds awesome, But I'm not sure what Phase of the beta I will be able to participate in, if it is wave 0 1 2 3 etc, i really have no idea :(

• Answer: If you own LiF:YO, then you will be able to participate in wave #2.

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 26 May 2016, 18:07

In Qestion 15 you state that the new season / weather effects will be different in each of the climate zones I remember from playing the MMO alpha. Will there also be temperature effects within these climate zones, so that one has to adjust clothing, etc. to these climate zones?

• Answer: Nope. We might introduce temperature effects sometime later, but not during early beta waves.

Will the character races have differences correlating with these climate zones, beyond different starting stats?

• Answer: Nope, not on early beta stages.

Lucasrodrigues

Post by Lucasrodrigues » 26 May 2016, 18:12

54. What are your troughts about a South American server (localized in Brazil probably)?

• Answer: We are considering that, but as explained in previous questions about regional servers, that won't be done in early beta stages.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 26 May 2016, 18:15

55. You've mentioned alpha/beta testers many times for the MMO Beta selection process. Where do users who took part in the steam alpha early access fall?

• Answer: Steam EA was for LiF:YO, not MMO. And owners of LiF:YO will be able to participate in wave #2 of MMO tests.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 26 May 2016, 18:32

56. Are there any plans to publish some kind of roadmap for each # that gives an idea about current state and progress of those tests to us poor dirty grey Players?

• Answer: That is a good idea and we've considered it. We will do it once we'll see how beta tests are going, so we can plan our future development with a more precision. ;)

Ninjanomnom
Beta Tester

Post by Ninjanomnom » 27 May 2016, 00:57

I notice the final wave of the tests has quite a long duration (0.5 - One year).

57. What's going on during this wave that would take so long to test? Or is this a generous estimation so all the major bugs can be caught before release?

• Answer: Bug testing, connectivity testing, testing old and new features, balancing, tweaking etc. A lot of stuff is going on during the tests.

58. Given the longer time of the final test, I can almost guarantee there will be complaints about the map reset at the end of it. Any thoughts on that?

• Answer: We want all players to have equal chances at the beginning. It wouldn't be much fun for new players to struggle with giant kingdoms already risen during beta testing and stomping on them since the release. Surely the majority of the testers understand that and are prepared ;)

Dannan
Beta Tester

Post by Dannan » 27 May 2016, 04:35

59. What are the plans for further Character customisation? Will more faces, hair colours, styles, skin tones become available? Is there any plans to be able to customise body shape (height, weight, etc)?

• Answer: There probably will be. But nothing certain atm, and we're focusing on more important features right now.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 27 May 2016, 15:33

60.could you balance the male and female 's model,for some time female are more advantage than male ,for examle,female model can get into narrow place such as some tunnel while male doesnt . and so did in combat that female 's model have less chance to be hitten than male .its unfair in some sort of way.
i suggest to increase male gemder more hp and more strengh instead of being stuck.

Unbeugsam
True Believer

Post by Unbeugsam » 27 May 2016, 15:49

Hallegra wrote:55. You've mentioned alpha/beta testers many times for the MMO Beta selection process. Where do users who took part in the steam alpha early access fall?

• Answer: Steam EA was for LiF:YO, not MMO. And owners of LiF:YO will be able to participate in wave #2 of MMO tests.

That's the worst that could you tell her .

Since April we all wait for the MMO .
And now we should wait another several months on the open beta ?

That can not be serious !

I am really angry !

We had bought all an Early - Alpha Acces Game time .

And now you notice that there are two different games actually .
Or should I say , " buyer " ?

This is anything but fair !

SheppyNaught

Post by SheppyNaught » 27 May 2016, 16:24

Not all that good with question asking, hell i read another MMO fourm back that was back in 2012 and their was some decent questions on there that i thought was cool

Ill try my best to give you as simple questions as I can in categories

Guilds, diplomacy

1) will there be a need for a kindoms and such to forge trade agreements for certain resources that they otherwise don't have/ or to far to get without the risk of raiders or thieves alike.

• Answer: There will be no game controlled trade agreements. Everything has to be run by players.

2) Within a tile, how many people can settle down and make their own villages and castles and such. Can a bigger kindom within that tile, have the ability to kind of "reunite" as it were, those villages and other clans on the same tile to form a country, or in times of war call upon them.

3) will there be tributes? IE if you dominate a guild on one of the tiles you also reside on, instead of being barbaric and burning their stuff and murdering them, do we have the power to make them pay tribute towards us (money, resources) ext?

4) lets say A country was formed in a tile from all the wars that went on in that tile, and an adjacent tile delclared war on the other tile, is it possible to have battles like this? IE sending out raiding parties to ruin there resources, stock, or hell even perswuade some of their tributes or followers to rebel against them.

• Not related to beta testing.

Naval warfare:

1) Can we expect naval warfare?

2) If so, what kind of ships can we build?

3) would there be possiblites of port assultes? IE landing ships on a village that resides near water and raiding them, then boarding your ships with loot and going off ( basically can we be vikings?)

Trade:

1) If there is a chance of naval warfare? can we also expect to see naval transports and trade across the ocean, which then opens up the possiability for pirates alike.

2) will the even be a point for trade?

land battles:

1) will there be open PvP?

2) how will sieges work?

That's all for now! I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, just know that I appreciate the time you take to respond to me :)

I look forward to hearing you!

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 27 May 2016, 16:40

61: As a followup to question 55, will steam users who took part in the early access version of LIFYO receive any benefits or difference in the LIF MMO beyond someone who bought the game after its official release?

• Answer: Only benefit for LiF:YO owners will be access to beta testing wave #2.

Grimmy347

Post by Grimmy347 » 27 May 2016, 17:06

How do you get in on beta testing?

Return to General Discussion