Modding Claim Distances for Outposts

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
Andargor

Modding Claim Distances for Outposts

Post by Andargor » 25 Jul 2020, 00:06

I've been searching for a while to no avail: on my private server, how can I change the distance between claims as defined here

I would like to reduce the distance between outposts and to the monument.

I've looked through the SQL, and the cm_config settings, and I can't see where those values (e.g. 150 tiles for outposts) are coming from.

Anyone?

SnowSharky

Re: Modding Claim Distances for Outposts

Post by SnowSharky » 29 Jul 2020, 02:31

Most of the games info is encoded and cant be touched. Its a rather big problem as the devs have seemed to stopped supporting YO (last update was sept 2018...) and cant fix things on our own with out access.
So my usual bet is, if ya cant find it in the sql database or a config file in the servers data folder, you cant touch it.

Andargor

Re: Modding Claim Distances for Outposts

Post by Andargor » 29 Jul 2020, 21:40

SnowSharky wrote:Most of the games info is encoded and cant be touched. Its a rather big problem as the devs have seemed to stopped supporting YO (last update was sept 2018...) and cant fix things on our own with out access.
So my usual bet is, if ya cant find it in the sql database or a config file in the servers data folder, you cant touch it.

Unfortunate. We've resorted to using GM /addobj to identify which ground to flatten, and /addobj again, and then build as normal. Not practical, but we're all friends so it works, somewhat.

Also, on our server we just built a Quarry thinking we would get Shaped Granite for a Keep, only to realize that's only for the MMO, not YO. We had only looked at the summary list on the wiki...

It would be nice to mod what is produced by outposts, but I couldn't find a reference to that either. So I guess we're SOL there too.

Return to Game mods