Morning Lag

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Davidefiorella

Morning Lag

Post by Davidefiorella » 13 Aug 2017, 17:08

Nothing to do , I tryed to unistall all , reinstall and nothing to do .

I get crash every damned morning lag , I really dunno what to do.

It's really boring 64 slots , it will goes full and I can't get access than...

Anyone fixed this problem ?

Geforce Gtx 950
8 Gb ram
quadcore 3.0 ghz AMD Phenom
Dx 11

Win 7 64 bit

Dunno what to do :\

Anyone ?

Regards :beer:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LIFE IS EXPLORATION<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wakka
Zealous Believer

Re: Morning Lag

Post by Wakka » 15 Aug 2017, 13:37

Unfortunately, in the game's current state everyone experiences morning lag. With that being said, I haven't heard of many people crashing because of it. Have you considered lowering your graphics/visual settings? That might make it better for now.

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 21 Aug 2017, 23:06

Nothing to do , I get this issue every morning in game.

I really dunno what to do :cry:

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Post by Jakeman » 22 Aug 2017, 11:52

Davidefiorella wrote:Nothing to do , I get this issue every morning in game.

I really dunno what to do :cry:

not sure if this command still works but i used it during the first CBT when i last played to get rid of morning lag each time in happened hit ~~~~~~ key to open and copy and paste this in

-----------------------> ServerConnection.resetMoveList()

SnowSharky

Post by SnowSharky » 23 Aug 2017, 15:00

Jakeman wrote:not sure if this command still works but i used it during the first CBT when i last played to get rid of morning lag each time in happened hit ~~~~~~ key to open and copy and paste this in

-----------------------> ServerConnection.resetMoveList()

ServerConnection.resetMoveList();
Gotta have the ;
But yes it still works, I have a horrible connection sometimes and still use it pretty often.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 24 Aug 2017, 07:40

We have a US player playing on EU servers. She has the same problem. Not on all servers though. She has talked to devs about it, so they know about the issue

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 24 Aug 2017, 09:25

I hope is ram problem too, for sure .

I reinstalled:

1- Fresh copy of game
2- last version of video card drives

So I tested game without swap file . IF you run around map you need more than 8gb as requisite of game . This is a sentence. Ram doesn't discarge map as well.

In my last pvp , it popped window alert about low ram warning -.-° ,
I got 6 vs 1 + Win 7 add than -.-° . :evil:

I hope Ram in morning lag it get massive filling of dates and it explodes with game crash...

Or something like that... anyway if you play in full HD 1920x1090 8gb are too much low to get in LIF , looks like.

In dx9 I was really ok , dunno now honestly :cry:

Umplayable for JH and 64 slot servers , if I crash when servers are full , i'm really out for half real life day .... ( until server's slots are full than).

I can't manage guildmates or keep , amazing . :cry:

Last try, looks like, Ram System upgrade , I need someone may confirm this kind of solution. :\ .

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 26 Aug 2017, 11:54

Off topic, but i suggest your learn your guildmates to be much more independent. Will help the guild on so many levels later

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 27 Aug 2017, 13:57

Asimov wrote:

Off topic, but i suggest your learn your guildmates to be much more independent. Will help the guild on so many levels later

What the hell ! They really know what to do , I have war tenent and he's working great with troups but it's not that focus of my issue :\ .

At the end this game got problems in 8gb ram looks like , or it's just me :\ .

My last try it's to change win7 steam's folder. It is in x86 folder saved, dunno why -.- . This folder usually it's for 32-bit programs , I don't want any api steam conflict -.-° , it will be my last try before ejecting from window my pc :D

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 27 Aug 2017, 14:12

Try and give all this info to Tolik in Discord. He handles the technical stuff and will give it to the right person

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 29 Aug 2017, 18:44

Asimov wrote:Try and give all this info to Tolik in Discord. He handles the technical stuff and will give it to the right person

In Discord LIF channel ? I will ty ! :good:

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 06 Sep 2017, 00:09

Breaking news :

I upgrated my ram from 8gb to 16gb , I get same crash in morning lag...

Problem is tree's grow rate for sure.

I tryed to lower everything on video card , resolution too .

Tried to play in window , nothing to do . I get crash ...

I can play every game in decent way , something like Assassin creed IV , Just Causes 3, GTA V , Warframe , Fallout4 and so on...

This is not my hardware problem , that's all.

I'm sorry but your programmation fked me guys .

And I will never buy another key for MMO until I get free try to test it.

Regards. :beer:

Finch.5116

Post by Finch.5116 » 07 Sep 2017, 21:49

I think it's important that people realise 'morning lag' does have a specific cause.

It is NOT caused by:
-Trees
-Terrain
-Graphics Cards
-CPUs
-Old Installs
-E.T.C....

The lag is caused by the game updating the client data at a fixed point every in game day. The more changes there are to make, the worse it gets.

Yes Tree will affect this, but it's not the root cause.
For anyone who monitors a server console it's clear that the game does everything at once.
Crops grow, honey flows, trees age, snow drifts, animals spawn. Everything, all at the exact same time.

When this happens the game client has a brief "Oh SH**" moment as it has to obtain a mountain of data from the server.
When this happens the cleint basically stops everything while it plays catch up. While it is doing this the client is essentially reloading the world around you. If you continue to do things (craft, cut trees etc) you will be far more likely to disconnect as you're adding to the changes you client has to cope with. The bigger and busier the server, the more changes happen, the more stuff your client needs to work out.

People with super fast broadband, SSD storage and fast CPUs will lag less and crash less than those less fortunate folks on slow connection swith older (or more affordable) hardware.

This is a flaw in the game design. No amount of re-installing or whining over your fancy graphics cards will change it.
The server software needs a re-design to cope with a gradual data stream and spaced out database changes. spreading out the changes over a day would help massively, but it's something the Devs need to do.

incidentally there is a server side to this too. Suddenly dropping several hundred transactions onto a SQL database at the exact same time is going to bottleneck. Most servers are with hosting companies and only have the minimum resources they require to operate. In this situation there will be a huge delay as the server itself struggles to process the mountain of updates to the database.

Still the same root cause, everything happening at once. Lazy game design. It's find for small servers and a handfull of players, but it's not scale-able.

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 08 Sep 2017, 18:21

Ty Finch for your opinion about.

It looks like is a server time out indeed...

Server time out means own hardware can't keep all data in entrance , and I tried to lower visual rendering to 2000 tiles too ,

no effects ...

During morning lag u must update all the fking world map ... .

That is bad programmation for sure...

And no tricks ... Same issue with i7 core and SSD too... We are not in 1990 with Ultima Online .... Old players can remember " SAVING WORLD" and freeze of everything :D . We are in 2017 ...

You must realize that too... :D

The only thing that may works now it's: "How I set long parameter time out with server ?"

Probably with more time for time out , hardware will get time to update everything... .

It's really funny but it may work...

Anyone know how to fix this parameter? (folder root)

It may help ?

Regards :beer:

Mybrainisanut
True Believer

Post by Mybrainisanut » 08 Sep 2017, 19:31

Finch.5116 wrote:It is NOT caused by:
-Trees
-Terrain

Yes Tree will affect this, but it's not the root cause.

Part is right, part wrong.

Most laggs occur because of ingame computing. I'm not sure as how many cores are used for the LiF servers but most likely big terraforming and dumping dirt from high ground into a valley caused server crashes. They opted it but never completly removed that.

Whenever the morning occurs not only gets the growables updated but also their state is checked for to do so. Most of the morning lag is caused by trees.
For this matter on most server lower quality trees get scrapped, or at least were scrapped. After that the normal tree growth cycle takes care of the scrapping itself.
Most servers running for quite some time do have significant tree loss and sometimes plain areas.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/delete-poor-quality-trees-monthly-auto-uproot-t8393/page100/
Gefangen vom Kreise lichten Scheins,
von unsichtbarer Pflicht nicht zu befrein,
sieht Tage lang das selbe Treiben,
ein Student zu Prüfungszeiten.

BiGEdge
True Believer

Post by BiGEdge » 08 Sep 2017, 22:34

Greetings o/

Morning lag is the time where the whole map usually gets stuck for some seconds.
Every tree or crops get theyr growing and animals respawn on the map. Some years ago, the morning lag could less more than 5 minutes. Devs worked hard on making this as short as possible.

Try an other Server:
It can happen, if a custom script is buggy or
when there are massive builds on the map or
if there are all trees on standard settings and such many in different growing states or
any other database issues.

With your 8 Gb RAM a hosted singlplayer game on your own machine can cause those problems.
8Gb are way to less to host a singlplayer game and play on it at the same time.

But your Problem seems more on your CPU
Recommended is a CPU with 3,5Ghz
Minimumrequirements always can cause problems with some systems. Its not guaranteed that it will work properly like it should.

If this Problem occures on a well running multiplayerserver, then send your full system specs and what happens in your words to the devs or post it in the Bugs Section in this Forums or in Steam Discussions.

Finch.5116

Post by Finch.5116 » 08 Sep 2017, 23:04

My point is that Tree are not the whole cause. Yes the act of updating the forests is a significant contribution (as i later discussed) however it should not be seen as the reason for the disconnection.

Tree are one part of a multifactor problem which results in disconnection for clients which cannot update fast enough.

Davidefiorella

Post by Davidefiorella » 09 Sep 2017, 07:22

Finch.5116 wrote:My point is that Tree are not the whole cause. Yes the act of updating the forests is a significant contribution (as i later discussed) however it should not be seen as the reason for the disconnection.

Tree are one part of a multifactor problem which results in disconnection for clients which cannot update fast enough.

I tested :

Mrfeudal server ( I get crash)

Live or die server ( I get crash) ( Now it's empty and noone is terraforming , I get crash too... )

Genesis ( full server , I get crash) .

As I said , I lowered to 2000 video rendering by data folder ( it is 20000 usually, and I get crash too ) .

So it's not video rendering it's time out of data refresh looks like.

In control console , I watched " forest growrate update" a lot of times spammed , it means server updates parts of map 1 by 1 , When server update got my toon's cluster, I got freeze and after 9 second there is time out , that's all.

It's not crash , it's time out for data refresh maybe.

Anyone know of to fix it ? I don't want 9 sec time out . Probably for old system needs more time to refresh map in morning lag don't you ?

Mybrainisanut
True Believer

Post by Mybrainisanut » 17 Sep 2017, 09:32

There are diffrent resons for a kick.

1. You get kicked from your games client.
2. The server kicks you.

When you play in singleplayer, the game is coded like you got your own server. This way friends can join, too.
Because it's a timeout, one can asume that the server kicks you, so 2.

1. The server kicks you because the ressources for a player staying aren't available.
2. The server kicks you because the loading times/update times are so slow, that it asumes you're not connected any more because data time and position data can't bypass update data <- this sound weird and normaly time and position is priority over all else.

But beeing kicked after a freeze in this matter is a combination of a lot of factors. You having said that multiple other games aren't a problem we can go on to part 3.

1. The internal processes between drivers and the game is bad. Old drivers, wrong drivers... or you having a 32-Bit Windows version - 32-Bit can't process more than 4GB ram. So even if you upgraded to 16 or had 8 before the platform can't have games handle more than 4GB. <- not really an option, other games need more ressources than LiF.

2. Your internet connection is not fast enough. <- most likely. Server kicks you because you take too long to receive data.

Option 3:
Davidefiorella wrote:And I will never buy another key for MMO until I get free try to test it.

Regards. :beer:

Troll.

Anyway, you should host a singleplayer game and tell us about how this worked out.
Gefangen vom Kreise lichten Scheins,
von unsichtbarer Pflicht nicht zu befrein,
sieht Tage lang das selbe Treiben,
ein Student zu Prüfungszeiten.

Return to General Discussion