Need to change email

If you run into any issues while browsing our website or forums, you can find details on how to report them in here.

Moderators: Codeman, Arrakis

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Need to change email

Post by Some_Jerk » 12 Dec 2016, 06:57

Just posting this in case I missed something - I already sent an email to the support email address....

For some reason when I linked my steam account, the LiF website used my old and no longer used email address which was first used with my steam account, NOT my email linked to my steam account at the time of creation. No idea how this happened, but I've searched everywhere on the site and am unable to find any sort of change email option.

In case there is one and I've missed it, can someone tell me where it is please?

Thanks

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: Need to change email

Post by Wookiee420 » 12 Dec 2016, 07:13

Towards the top of the forums (any page) there is a "User Control Panel" button > Profile> Edit Account Settings

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 12 Dec 2016, 07:39

Hey Wookie,

Thank you for pointing me to the user control pannel. Unfortunately, when I try to change email through it, it just redirects me to the main LiF page with no changes.

Do appreciate it though!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 12 Dec 2016, 12:26

Some_Jerk wrote:Hey Wookie,

Thank you for pointing me to the user control pannel. Unfortunately, when I try to change email through it, it just redirects me to the main LiF page with no changes.

Do appreciate it though!

Hey. In this case please report it via helpme@lifeisfeudal.com and we'll try to find a solution. Make sure to provide all the details there.

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 19 Dec 2016, 21:39

Arrakis wrote:
Some_Jerk wrote:Hey Wookie,

Do appreciate it though!

Hey. In this case please report it via helpme@lifeisfeudal.com and we'll try to find a solution. Make sure to provide all the details there.

Hi Arrakis,

Sorry to bother but hoping for a reply from you,
After many emails (sent to helpme@) explaining my situation, I was eventually told (By someone who I'm not 100% sure understood my English, as they seemed to think it was a sign in issue) that the only way to attach another email to my account would be to refund and then buy on an account with the other email..

I can do that if this is the case, but it would have to be after the current beta, as I've already ground up many skills on my account attached to this account. Of course I'd rather not do this- the sign works just fine - what I'm concerned about are emails relating to issues with my account being sent to the address attached to my account, I'm wondering if you folks would be able to attach a second account email to my account or something?

Ok sorry for taking this to forums but I just don't think the person helping me via email had adequate English, and wasn't able to properly understand my request.

Thank you

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Dec 2016, 22:33

Unfortunately, after merging with Xsolla and switching primary login credentials to email instead of username, it is currently impossible to change the email address. We are working on functionality that will allow to do that, though. Not sure when it will be implemented as it required a lot of work to do.

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 20 Dec 2016, 06:32

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I'll check in again via the forums months down the line. Best of luck with development!

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 20 Dec 2016, 11:54

Arrakis wrote:Unfortunately, after merging with Xsolla and switching primary login credentials to email instead of username, it is currently impossible to change the email address. We are working on functionality that will allow to do that, though. Not sure when it will be implemented as it required a lot of work to do.

that either has changed or is wrong.

I managed to change mine by doing this :

--> go to user control panel on forum
--> next profile

--> sub menu "edit account settings"

under "change email" enter the emai you want to have
enter your current password

** you will receive an email asking for confirmation with a link
** click on link, this will take you to your accounts page

That's it, you don't need to confirm on account's page.

I don't know how long it takes, but if you're in game you will need to log out, once you try login in again it will say your email is invalid, put your new one and there you go !

PS. That changes your account email it doesn't seem to change your forum username / email.

Bearen_old

Post by Bearen_old » 01 Jan 2017, 14:15

Markrondot wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Unfortunately, after merging with Xsolla and switching primary login credentials to email instead of username, it is currently impossible to change the email address. We are working on functionality that will allow to do that, though. Not sure when it will be implemented as it required a lot of work to do.

that either has changed or is wrong.

I managed to change mine by doing this :

--> go to user control panel on forum
--> next profile

--> sub menu "edit account settings"

under "change email" enter the emai you want to have
enter your current password

** you will receive an email asking for confirmation with a link
** click on link, this will take you to your accounts page

That's it, you don't need to confirm on account's page.

I don't know how long it takes, but if you're in game you will need to log out, once you try login in again it will say your email is invalid, put your new one and there you go !

PS. That changes your account email it doesn't seem to change your forum username / email.

The problem in my instance, seems to be the fact that I have signed up via steam and have to login via steam, nothing else will work. And thats where the email cannot be changed, on these forums - the email has been changed on steam a long time ago.

Return to Website Support