New Player Questions about LiF: YO

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Celthon

New Player Questions about LiF: YO

Post by Celthon » 26 Sep 2017, 11:13

Playing Life is Feudal: YO; some questions:

I created a world (not a dedicated server)...if I give others the password can they play on that world even if I'm offline, or is it only running when I'm online?

'Judgement Hour' allows others to raid claims, buildings, etc. -- but even without a 'Judgement Hour' PvP is still possible, correct...they would just incur negative alignment points for Pvp done outside a 'Judgement Hour, correct?

Are there any craftable lights that can be placed inside structures?

Creating a Monument/Claim causes buildings and structures within the claim to not decay, but will the items such as kilns, forges, etc. still decay from use? For example I was making charcoal (on my claim) and my kiln dropped down to 25 points after making approx. 250 units of Charcoal and is non-functional now. Is that working as intended, or a glitch?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Re: New Player Questions about LiF: YO

Post by Kildrith » 29 Sep 2017, 15:11

Celthon wrote:Playing Life is Feudal: YO; some questions:

I created a world (not a dedicated server)...if I give others the password can they play on that world even if I'm offline, or is it only running when I'm online?

if you are running the game on your machine, and not paying for it on a server/ running it on a dedicated server that you keep on even when you are not around. Then the game will be offline and not accessible to other players while you are offline.

Celthon wrote:'Judgement Hour' allows others to raid claims, buildings, etc. -- but even without a 'Judgement Hour' PvP is still possible, correct...they would just incur negative alignment points for Pvp done outside a 'Judgement Hour, correct?

Yes, and to be clear if you do not want PvP, make that known in the server title, otherwise people are going to kill other players, this game has a lot of open world PvP, even if they take an alignment hit.

Celthon wrote:Are there any craftable lights that can be placed inside structures?

Try the floor lamp, under art. I think you can move them after you place them, but I am not 100% positive.

Celthon wrote:Creating a Monument/Claim causes buildings and structures within the claim to not decay, but will the items such as kilns, forges, etc. still decay from use? For example I was making charcoal (on my claim) and my kiln dropped down to 25 points after making approx. 250 units of Charcoal and is non-functional now. Is that working as intended, or a glitch?

This is defiantly intended, this is not decay. Think of it as wear and tear, the more you use it the more it gets damaged, there is a Tier 4 crafting skill called Building Maintain, which allows you to craft items that repair buildings.

Hope this helps, enjoy the game.

Return to Newcomer Section